Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Modern WoW, for all its faults, makes old WoW look pathetic.
    To quote the sage:
    Hahahahahaha! Oh wait, you're serious? I'll laugh even harder! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    Behold! It is I, Activision. Blizzard was merely our pawn. Metzen, Kaplan, Morheim, they were all just pieces to the puzzle. I, supreme ruler Bobby Kotick, am here to demand you to make purchases for Hearthstone: Classic.
    You know, it actually wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he came to a shareholder meeting in a Bela Lugosi cape and announced something like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

I think the issue Blizzard needs to realize is that just because you're more powerful than the last opponent, that doesn't mean you're more threatening. You can say Zovaal did all this shit, and you can show Zovaal slapping Eternal Ones left and right, it doesn't matter. You can make him as powerful as Sargeras, if not much stronger (Which appears to be the narrative for 9.1 and beyond), but what made Sargeras threatening was the fact he was a background presence. Mf's like KJ and Archimonde did all of this crazy shit that helped cause the WoW verse to be the way it is now, yet they're only ants to Sargeras in terms of size AND might. And when Sargeras showed up, he nearly won like...3 times in 1 patch, yet only lost cause of his arrogance to get to Azeroth, rather than focus on the real threat upfront AKA us. But his presence marked an everlasting effect on WoW. The Horde and the Alliance happened cause of him, Outland happened cause of him essentially, the Scourge (While the Jailer's plot) was greenlit by KJ and Sargeras, the Sundering was an effect from Sargeras' first true attempt of entering Azeroth failing miserably, etc.

Meanwhile, we're supposed to assume that all of what Sargeras did, the Void Lords being shown as the "ultimate threat", the Titans' downfall, the creation of the Legion, Denathrius and the Dreadlords' infiltration plot, all of it was just a ploy so that the Jailer could gain a chance to free himself from the Maw, and claim essentially pure top of the line Boundless power for himself? Reminder, the Jailer is JUST starting to do shit now, and we've only known him for like a Year.

Granted, he's apparently powerful asf, is hot asf, and has a hot asf Voice, but he's just "HURR I'M PURE EVIL! HURR", and he apparently serves as the "ultimate Evil" of WoW, while also serving as a prime reference to Satan (Maybe Hades) himself. Dude's as generic as they come. I LIKE that he's just pure Evil. I LIKE that he's basically WoW's representation of Satan, pure evil and whatnot, himself. What I DISLIKE is the fact that he's got almost nothing going for him. Sargeras and N'Zoth had YEARS AND YEARS of build up, and the Void Lords are WoW's Outer Gods. This dude? Eh...

I get he's like Satan, and that he's the ultimate evil of all WoW existence, oh wow...

But like, come on. We all know he's gonna die by 9.2 (Or 9.3. Whatever patch Blizzard stops on. I think 9.2 tbh. Throw some Azeroth invasion shit, Helya Vs Keepers, Galakrond, Gardens of Life + Pantheon of Life, Nathreza, and Denathrius shit into there. And bam, 1 patch questline. Oh, and throw in some Moon shit cause why not, and make the Sepulcher and shit like that the final raid. EZ second and final patch), and we all know 10.0 is likely going to be Light and Shadow with Dragon Isles and shit like that thrown in it.

People will say I'm a doomsayer but with this, it ends pretty much any threat our universe could potentially encounter if we can stop the dude that is behind all realities events...my god this is my last post and last time on this site. I'm out.

*hangs up hat*
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    To quote the sage:
    Hahahahahaha! Oh wait, you're serious? I'll laugh even harder! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

- - - Updated - - -

You know, it actually wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he came to a shareholder meeting in a Bela Lugosi cape and announced something like that.
    Crazy man. Now how about you actually argue. What was the crazy lore shit TBC did? Hm? What did the LK do in Wrath outside of threaten people, sound cool, and run away like a little bitch? Why did anyone care for Ragnaros? or Onyxia? What was the lore behind those things from a lore perspective IN GAME? Not from the books...

In game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Inoculate View Post
    People will say I'm a doomsayer but with this, it ends pretty much any threat our universe could potentially encounter if we can stop the dude that is behind all realities events...my god this is my last post and last time on this site. I'm out.

*hangs up hat*
    *Looks at the First Ones, and the Void Lords*

No.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    Behold! It is I, Activision. Blizzard was merely our pawn. Metzen, Kaplan, Morheim, they were all just pieces to the puzzle. I, supreme ruler Bobby Kotick, am here to demand you to make purchases for Hearthstone: Classic.
    I forget, did ya block me?

What if the First Ones represent Blizzard, and one of them (AKA the Evil one) represented Activision, and we had to destroy that 1 evil First One as the final boss of WoW.

Uhm...

The fuck? We do kill him.
    We really don't lol. Go back to the encounter, it ends before his health reaches 0, there's no body in the cinematic, there's no mention of Argus dying. He didn't die.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    We really don't lol. Go back to the encounter, it ends before his health reaches 0, there's no body in the cinematic, there's no mention of Argus dying. He didn't die.
    Uhm, yes he did. His body collapses before the Cinematic, and his World Soul's spirit is literally at the Seat of the Pantheon while the Titans are charging up their beams.

Not to mention the quest linked with the fight, and many other things imply Argus fuckin died bro.

15+ Year Old Account
    I still don't really get where people are getting this notion that there's some sort of "Orderlands" or "Lifelands" that Titans and Wild Gods go to. Blizzard has never made any indication that this is the case.

Wild Gods go to the Shadowlands when they die. Mortals go to the Shadowlands when they die, whether they were descended from Wild Gods or created by Titans.

So why would Titans not also go to the Shadowlands?

The only exceptions we've had that don't go to the Shadowlands are species that originate from outside of reality. The elementals (Elemental Planes), demons (Twisting Nether), naaru (the Light), and shadow creatures (the Void).

Wild Gods, Titans, and mortals have never been implied to come from some other plane. They are born, live, and die in reality. In the mortal plane.

Why did anyone care for Ragnaros? or Onyxia?
    I'm sorry you can't be bothered to know vanilla's content, sounds like you have some catchup to do. If you expect me to defend Wrath, you must be new here. BC had a story, despite the hyperbolic claims of "WC3 loot pinata". Since Classic and Classic BC are out, I invite you to find out. You'll also notice those stories are built up over the entire content, not the modern "Oh shit, it's $insertCurrentPatchThreatHere! Go kill it, murderhobos!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    This kind of cheapens all of the world-ending/life-threatening experiences we've faced in the past.

"LOL IT WAS THE DREADLORDS ALL ALONG" is a really, really, lame retcon.
    Not really. I think people are over-reading the dreadlords thing. The dreadlords were infiltrating and *involved* in past events. But that doesn't mean they were the sole driving force behind everything. Major IRL governments have spies infiltrating the others, that doesn't mean they are secretly "behind" every world event that ever happens.

The dreadlords are "Death" infiltrating and manipulating the other five forces. They are *a* driving force, one we are focusing on right now (you know, death expansion) but they aren't the be-all-end-all behind everything.

Uhm, yes he did. His body collapses before the Cinematic, and his World Soul's spirit is literally at the Seat of the Pantheon while the Titans are charging up their beams.

Not to mention the quest linked with the fight, and many other things imply Argus fuckin died bro.

Falling over doesn't imply death lmao, there is not a single mention of him dying. No matter how much you want to think there is lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

What the fuck are you going to change exactly? Modern WoW, for all its faults, makes old WoW look pathetic.
    Oof. Shadowlands story does make older storylines like the Rise and Fall of Arthas to feel very pathetic indeed. By destroying it!~

lol garbage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    I'm sorry you can't be bothered to know vanilla's content, sounds like you have some catchup to do. If you expect me to defend Wrath, you must be new here. BC had a story, despite the hyperbolic claims of "WC3 loot pinata". Since Classic and Classic BC are out, I invite you to find out. You'll also notice those stories are built up over the entire content, not the modern "Oh shit, it's $insertCurrentPatchThreatHere! Go kill it, murderhobos!"
    Or...you can tell me about it? I quit WoW a bit ago man. I'm not going back so I can replay Classic and TBC.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Oof. Shadowlands story does make older storylines like the Rise and Fall of Arthas to feel very pathetic indeed. By destroying it!~
    Nothing really destructive about what SL's doing with Arthas.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Falling over doesn't imply death lmao, there is not a single mention of him dying. No matter how much you want to think there is lol.
    https://www.wowhead.com/quest=49015/...ath-of-a-titan

Argus' energies were all spent used to jail Sargeras. Besides, Argus would be too corrupted to even be applicable to the Shadowlands (he'd go to the Nether to regenerate, normally, being so corrupt of Demon energy. Otherwise, apparently he'd go to a realm of Order, as hinted by Danuser in an interview with T&E). The Dreadlords can traverse the cosmos pretty easily and maybe doubtful if they could contain or ferry that much anima themselves, and still they had no opportunity to take Argus' energies away from the Pantheon between when we kill him and when Sargeras was imprisoned -- it was immediate. The Dreadlords are good, but they probably aren't good enough to get by all of us and the Titans at the same time. And wouldn't we all notice that much energy being missing in the effort to jail Sargeras? Wouldn't Sargeras just break free without it?

If the Dreadlords had really used Argus' energies to nail the Arbiter, it would mean Illidan and the Pantheon's energies would be all that is holding Sargeras back -- and Sargeras is already many times stronger than all the other Titans and Illidan together otherwise -- it's why we needed Argus' energies in the first place. So, if this were the case, then Sargeras would be ripe for freeing himself outside of our notice at any moment. With him so close to Azeroth and so close to his final goal, it wouldn't make sense why he wouldn't just break free immediately and finish the job unless he had something else planned for later.

I think they're more referring to the huge death toll by the Legion and Scourge, and by proxy Argus endlessly fueling the endless armies of the Legion, to send souls and thus anima to Denathrius and the Jailer. I think it's more likely the red energy could have been Denathrius at this point.
    Last edited by Razion; 2021-06-16 at 05:13 AM.

The dialogue is quite bad, yes, but I have no idea why people are connecting this to the Arbiter. It sounds like it's just generic bragging like Xal'atath telling you that you should hurry up and beat Sargeras because N'zoth is the big bad or Yogg telling you Arthas isn't really hot shit because the Old Gods were behind Garona killing Llane somehow. The Arbiter isn't even mentioned in that spiel. It's far more likely that Blizzard never explains what broke the Arbiter and it's just glossed over in throw-away dialogue by Mawman #6 but this says nothing on the topic and says everything about how dreadlords are bad dudes and Blizzard wants to tell you how, no really, these guys are the worst and not the previous guys, like they've done constantly before.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2021-06-16 at 05:34 AM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    It will be the back story of the next expansion's final boss. I mean it's ingenious, every new final boss just inherits the whole story before, making them automatically more dangerous .
    Given that Blizzard believes each villain needs to be a step above the last, this wouldn't surprise me at all.

How can it be? The source is Zovaal. The only way the Void Lords can top this shit is if they knew about this plot all along and knew Zovaal would lose for their benefit, which makes 100% sense, knowing their infinite possibilities/truths BS.
    Before Zovaal, Sargeras was the source. The Jailer was created for Shadowlands, and there's nothing stopping Blizzard from writing in a new villain (say, a First One) that was pulling his strings as well.
    Last edited by StationaryHawk; 2021-06-16 at 05:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Inoculate View Post

*hangs up hat*
    See you soon, drama queen.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    This kind of cheapens all of the world-ending/life-threatening experiences we've faced in the past.

"LOL IT WAS THE DREADLORDS ALL ALONG" is a really, really, lame retcon.

Also... "across all realities" line is interesting. Does this imply the dreadlords have been to other timelines?
    inb4 the defense force arrives and tells you it can't be a retcon if we didn't know all the facts beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Wait.. so the Nathrezim planned on heroes of Azeroth beating the scourge, beating Deathwing, beating the legion, and then killing Argus this whole time?
    Just as planned.™
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

7+ Year Old Account
    The next expansion we will face the Void Lords, who actually planned Denathrius and his dreadlords for planning their plans from the beggining
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

"After countless totaly planned failures we are ready for the last one ! HÉHÉHÉHÉHÉ"
    Blizzard writers are the pinnacle of stupidity.
    Last edited by Tarba; 2021-06-16 at 01:05 PM.