Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Wait.. so the Nathrezim planned on heroes of Azeroth beating the scourge, beating Deathwing, beating the legion, and then killing Argus this whole time?
    Danuser Skinner: "Yes!"
    Player: "May I see this plan?"
    DanSkinner: *looks at Sylvanas* "No."

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    The dialogue is quite bad, yes, but I have no idea why people are connecting this to the Arbiter. It sounds like it's just generic bragging like Xal'atath telling you that you should hurry up and beat Sargeras because N'zoth is the big bad or Yogg telling you Arthas isn't really hot shit because the Old Gods were behind Garona killing Llane somehow. The Arbiter isn't even mentioned in that spiel. It's far more likely that Blizzard never explains what broke the Arbiter and it's just glossed over in throw-away dialogue by Mawman #6 but this says nothing on the topic and says everything about how dreadlords are bad dudes and Blizzard wants to tell you how, no really, these guys are the worst and not the previous guys, like they've done constantly before.
    I assume it's because people are assuming the mention of Argus proves the Titan was connected to the Arbiter's deactivation in someway and is somehow confirming he was involved with the red thing from that one cinematic that struck the Arbiter. I mean they are likely referring to the Titan moreso than the Planet as they weren't part of the Legion when Sargeras decided to recruit the Eredar and it's a possibility they that had some role in preparing the Titan soul later on when they 'forced' to join (despite Antorus showing us that the Sayaad were tasked with dominating the other titans). Though I'm impressed that the writers are doubling down on how all these other failed plans with clear goals at the time were all actually "steps forward in this ancient master plan which we totally have been following all this time and if you don't think about it totally makes sense that our goals and motivations don't make any sense".
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

15+ Year Old Account
    Can someone please explain to me what the jailor wants with kothria and what his final plan is? Kill everything?
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    Can someone please explain to me what the jailor wants with kothria and what his final plan is? Kill everything?
    We don't really know what the Jailer's endgame is, although it appears to be some kind of multiversal conquest as he intends (or at least has convinced Sylvanas) to rewrite the fundamental rules of the metacosm and undo the current machinery of existence. As for Korthia, it appears to contain some kind of forbidden or powerful knowledge that will enable the Jailer to do this - hence its moniker as the "City of Secrets."
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Crazy man. Now how about you actually argue. What was the crazy lore shit TBC did? Hm? What did the LK do in Wrath outside of threaten people, sound cool, and run away like a little bitch? Why did anyone care for Ragnaros? or Onyxia? What was the lore behind those things from a lore perspective IN GAME? Not from the books...

In game.
    Ragnaros had two zones and one dungeon of build up, Onyxia had one of the best questchains in Vanilla. LK and Illidan had Warcraft III to stand on even if their in-game showing was mediocre. Plus none of those were inserted into the lore out of nowhere like Zovaal as the super big villain that planned everything from the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    This kind of cheapens all of the world-ending/life-threatening experiences we've faced in the past.

"LOL IT WAS THE DREADLORDS ALL ALONG" is a really, really, lame retcon.

Also... "across all realities" line is interesting. Does this imply the dreadlords have been to other timelines?
    Blizzard just took notice how "Old Gods did it" being used for everything in the past was received so well and they simply decided to do what the market research was telling them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Meh I can buy it, people seem to forget in the lore the dreadlords were serving the void lords at the time sargeras found them. Considering the game is going in the direction of the void lords it'd only make sense for the dreadlords to be playing their part in making it go that way for their masters. It's shitty writing no doubt, really shitty. But it makes sense through the lore

BUT I also could be giving blizzard too much credit, they probably forgot the dreadlords served the void lords and they're just picking names out of a hat

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    We don't really know what the Jailer's endgame is, although it appears to be some kind of multiversal conquest as he intends (or at least has convinced Sylvanas) to rewrite the fundamental rules of the metacosm and undo the current machinery of existence. As for Korthia, it appears to contain some kind of forbidden or powerful knowledge that will enable the Jailer to do this - hence its moniker as the "City of Secrets."
    Thanks!

Hm, let's hope the plot gets a bit spiced up
    Also strange how the titans never did anything to prevent this
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    The problem is not the lore itself. But how he tells you.
    Nzoth has been preparing for 20 years and this peeled one came out 1 year ago and is going to die in 1 year.

If Pelado had spent several years assembling the idea that it is a bad ending, it would not be so badly received. I'm not even saying backwards. Imagine that after Legion for 3 expansions they sell us that the final bad guy is the guy from hell and there comes out the bald. There if it sounds like it makes sense.

It is a simple matter of time. The longer he has been putting together something, the more Op will the fans expect it to be. You cannot put the enemy in turn of the expansion above the enemy of 3 or more expansions.
    What lol, 20 years? N'zoth has been preparing for 10,000 since the sundering

Im not mad though

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    Behold! It is I, Activision. Blizzard was merely our pawn. Metzen, Kaplan, Morheim, they were all just pieces to the puzzle. I, supreme ruler Bobby Kotick, am here to demand you to make purchases for Hearthstone: Classic.
    all bow before the lord of money, the razer of a thousand once-good games, the god-emperor himself, Bobby "Activi$ion" Kotick
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Wait.. so the Nathrezim planned on heroes of Azeroth beating the scourge, beating Deathwing, beating the legion, and then killing Argus this whole time?
    Talk about investing in the long game.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

i legitimately think the story is reaching a point beyond salvaging at this point. What after this? okay you got your purples from the jailors loot pinata fight, but now heres the higher power tier the Z fighters have to go up against thats the REAL threat this time and we really mean it! they were behind everything! again! This is out of steam Zombie IP territory. Existing because its still profitable enough not because theres any real burning drive to tell a story. Its all an excuse for the gear treadmill and its reaching a point thats truly stale.

I know it gets harder as a story drags on and on, far longer than anyone had anticipated for Warcraft. But there's a better way of introducing new threats and that doesn't make everything that came before it a complete and utter joke. Literally everyone and everything has apparently been using the Legion to further their own ends, it's hard to consider them as a universe-ending threat before their defeat because apparently they're a bunch of morons and just pawns in this larger cosmic game.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    I can't wait for the next expansion when all of this is part of someone else's grand scheme.
    It was obviously Black Zetsu.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Blizzard just took notice how "Old Gods did it" being used for everything in the past was received so well and they simply decided to do what the market research was telling them.
    As the ancient gods sold and were presented for years and the markets told him that they sold.

He threw them in the trash with Nzoth and did something that has nothing to do with it, but if you look at it from above they look a little bit alike.

Is it normal for Blizzard, does it sell? I do not want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    "After countless totaly planned failures we are ready for the last one ! HÉHÉHÉHÉHÉ"
    Blizzard writers are the pinnacle of stupidity.
    Now that I gave you the power to kill me kill me.
    Although they look like Sylvana's Plans in BFA.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    It's bad AF.....

So.... all mortal souls goes to Shadowlands..... except for some demons? And elementals? And some other "ascended creatures" who are sent to finish "their task" (you can find that out doing the "Limbo" WQ in Bastion).

BUT THEN AGAIN- World "soul" dies... a titan, literally.... he goes into Shadowlands? Lol....

"Story" is beyond ridiculous now.
    It gets better. You go to an afterlife based on your personality or actions. But if you have any ties to Elune, any at all, you go to Ardenweald.

Oh and everyone killed by Frostmourne has two souls. Including Arthas. It is likely we haven't seen the real Sylvanas since the fall of Quel'Thalas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    Thanks!

Hm, let's hope the plot gets a bit spiced up
    Also strange how the titans never did anything to prevent this
    The Shadowlands were apparently beyond the Titans' collective ken - they either didn't know about the Jailer's machinations and/or the actions of the Eternal Ones, or they simply didn't care due to being laser-focused on their task of finding other World-Souls and ordering the physical universe. Based on the info in the Chronicle, it seems most likely they simply didn't know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    It gets better. You go to an afterlife based on your personality or actions. But if you have any ties to Elune, any at all, you go to Ardenweald.
    Not necessarily - the Stonewright in Revendreth is actually a former Night Warrior herself. Khaliiq, a noteworthy aranakk in Maldraxxus, is also a former Night Warrior.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Which old lore? The lore in game that has been retconned or the definitive lore in Chronicles that has been retconned or “told from a perspective”? Or the new YA lore from the fairy tales book?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post

Not necessarily - the Stonewright in Revendreth is actually a former Night Warrior herself. Khaliiq, a noteworthy aranakk in Maldraxxus, is also a former Night Warrior.
    Good point. But that makes it more confusing. So who does go to Ardenweald?

Also The titans appointed Scotty to keep tabs on the Shadowlands. But...you know.

Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    What lol, 20 years? N'zoth has been preparing for 10,000 since the sundering
    He means game time, which is still kinda wrong, since N’Zoth didn’t get name dropped till 2010.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theangryone View Post
    Which old lore? The lore in game that has been retconned or the definitive lore in Chronicles that has been retconned or “told from a perspective”? Or the new YA lore from the fairy tales book?
    Chronicle isn’t retconned.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Good point. But that makes it more confusing. So who does go to Ardenweald?

Also The titans appointed Scotty to keep tabs on the Shadowlands. But...you know.
    People that go to Ardenweald likely have to serve Life in many ways, not just 1. And they also have to be committed to their love for peace, nature, loving animals, or anything like that.

While the 2 people mentioned above were Night Warriors, one of them used the power for combat (Hence why she’s in Maldraxxus), and the other struggled to control herself and either died using it, or was blessed with it on Revendreth and not when she was living (One of the two can work as an excuse).

The Night Warrior is a power warped of Chaos and destruction if uncontrolled. It is Elune’s wrath incarnate, so of course you’re not going to be instantly sent to Ardenweald despite wielding that power. Life powers don’t automatically mean Life afterlife.