Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Well, I agree with you on Zovaal, but it seems like the reception of Denathrius has actually been pretty good. If we're lucky, he may usurp the roles originally given to Zovaal, since it seems like his very survival was due mostly to playerbase consensus.
    I always liked that dreadlords were basically THE vampires of Warcraft, insidious evil creatures, not the kind of cliche posh aristocratic vampires, then Blizz made their CREATOR and true lord exactly that. IMO Denathrius just doesn't hold the credibility as their master.

"At the BlizzConline 2021 Q&A, we learned that Sire Denathrius was originally meant to have a small role at the start of Shadowlands, but the team loved the voice actor's performance and decided to keep Denathrius alive for future stories. We last saw Sire Denathrius' essence trapped in Remornia following Castle Nathria."

He wasn't even supposed to be a big player but they put voice acting over their writing.

Quote Originally Posted by niilokin View Post
    I always liked that dreadlords were basically THE vampires of Warcraft, insidious evil creatures, not the kind of cliche posh aristocratic vampires, then Blizz made their CREATOR and true lord exactly that. IMO Denathrius just doesn't hold the credibility as their master.

"At the BlizzConline 2021 Q&A, we learned that Sire Denathrius was originally meant to have a small role at the start of Shadowlands, but the team loved the voice actor's performance and decided to keep Denathrius alive for future stories. We last saw Sire Denathrius' essence trapped in Remornia following Castle Nathria."

He wasn't even supposed to be a big player but they put voice acting over their writing.
    Well, not necessarily. This actually indicates a kind of dynamism. It is possible that they realized as a result of this that Denathrius would overall prove to be very popular, and they may be realizing that Zovaal is a rather banal villain. It seems to indicate that Blizzard is actually getting a little more in-touch as it actually alters writing in response to new events instead of plowing through even if a story turns out a lot less good in practice than they figured.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    This line is very badass, it truly puts into perspective just how dangerous and lethal the Void whispers are (lethal enough to instantly corrupt the mighty Earth Warder). Indeed only few in the cosmos can defy the shadows' whispers. Frankly I can't wait for the Void expansion, this to me is the most interesting aspect of the current storyline, seeing all the twisted and misshapen things that the Void can concoct.
    Its not like hes the only one who got whisperd over the years.-.- its only because you like that theme that you mention this.

The void stuff is boring as hell in my opinion.

Well, not necessarily. This actually indicates a kind of dynamism. It is possible that they realized as a result of this that Denathrius would overall prove to be very popular, and they may be realizing that Zovaal is a rather banal villain. It seems to indicate that Blizzard is actually getting a little more in-touch as it actually alters writing in response to new events instead of plowing through even if a story turns out a lot less good in practice than they figured.
    It's also likely that this changed details, not major story beats. The Dreadlords were always getting their great master revealed, they just figured Denathrius fits the bill better than Zovaal.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It's also likely that this changed details, not major story beats. The Dreadlords were always getting their great master revealed, they just figured Denathrius fits the bill better than Zovaal.
    Indeed. If they must wank someone in the Shadowlands, I'd rather it be one of the only people in this entire expansion with some real personality. Denathrius is a legitimately fun character, and having him be behind everything, nonsensical as it ultimately kind of is, is still a little entertaining.

"The team is always looking for feedback on current Mythic + affixes and which ones the community would like to see cycled out."

pretty sure not one person likes tyrannical. it is the most despised affix in all of m+. its so bad you had to tie in keystone master around it just so people would run mythics during that week. in fact forum after forum has been created for this affix alone. taking in feedback requires one to listen.

Quote Originally Posted by craigw View Post
    "The team is always looking for feedback on current Mythic + affixes and which ones the community would like to see cycled out."

pretty sure not one person likes tyrannical. it is the most despised affix in all of m+. its so bad you had to tie in keystone master around it just so people would run mythics during that week. in fact forum after forum has been created for this affix alone. taking in feedback requires one to listen.
    How did you end up in a lore thread?

Quote Originally Posted by craigw View Post

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    How did you end up in a lore thread?
    Methinks he/she might hope to be heard somewhere.

To try and keep the thread on topic. I'm actually quite interested in the Arbiter even though my understanding it is a soulless robot pretty much. I've talked about the connection with the Jailer and her. With the symbolism in the chest lead me to believe there might possibly be one. I also given numerous ways how this established connection could be interesting, but I don't think they will be bothered to elaborate on it.

I read a tiny bit of the spoilers about the red beam that made Arbiter "inoperable". Nathrezim are somehow drawn in the mix? All I can think of is years of hearing Jaina is a dreadlord. It doesn't make much sense to me. I guess Sylvanas had one by her side for many years (Varimathras)... that would be the easiest connection? I honestly don't care that much for dreadlords, but people seem to like them. I think the only time I really cared for them was with the Scarlet Crusade (Balnazzar).. and that was more or less because it was the Scarlets...

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    My biggest gripe with this is once again we leave the McGuffin completely unguarded for someone to just waltz in and take with absolutely no resistance.

Frankly, the "Lul, the big bad just took the item you left unguarded which is JUST the item they needed for their plan to progress." is stale. We see it at least 2 times an expansion at this point.
    I'm not sure why they couldn't at least put the prison in the depths of Sinfall at least, rather than out in the open with a beaten up Naaru, 4 mirrors and one Dredger to guard one of the most powerful entities in the Shadowlands.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Kixxenn View Post
    Methinks he/she might hope to be heard somewhere.

To try and keep the thread on topic. I'm actually quite interested in the Arbiter even though my understanding it is a soulless robot pretty much. I've talked about the connection with the Jailer and her. With the symbolism in the chest lead me to believe there might possibly be one. I also given numerous ways how this established connection could be interesting, but I don't think they will be bothered to elaborate on it.

I read a tiny bit of the spoilers about the red beam that made Arbiter "inoperable". Nathrezim are somehow drawn in the mix? All I can think of is years of hearing Jaina is a dreadlord. It doesn't make much sense to me. I guess Sylvanas had one by her side for many years (Varimathras)... that would be the easiest connection? I honestly don't care that much for dreadlords, but people seem to like them. I think the only time I really cared for them was with the Scarlet Crusade (Balnazzar).. and that was more or less because it was the Scarlets...
    i honestly dont know how this ended up here. i did have a few tabs open. must have posted here by mistake. apologies

Well, I agree with you on Zovaal, but it seems like the reception of Denathrius has actually been pretty good. If we're lucky, he may usurp the roles originally given to Zovaal, since it seems like his very survival was due mostly to playerbase consensus.
    100% Denathrius is interesting, Zovaal is not.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see, so applying the rule of cool is only a good thing when it's stuff you like?
    Tossing a world soul of a death titan at the machine of death's main UI is not cool, but using G'huun equivalent tier boss more because he's a sassy, smarmy fuck is?
    Flipflop.

Personally I've always been in the "it was probably Argus" crew, so I'm happy. If you've done the Ardenweald covenant introduction with the theater performance, you can hear the audience go "world have souls? where do they go? I've never seen one here. They're probably too big". And whimsy stuff like that, but nothing like that is ever put in without a reason. It's to drive home the fact that even denizens of the Shadowlands don't know exactly how that works. For all we know there's a realm of death specific for titanic-like creatures, or they are click'n'dragged straight into the trash bin by the Arbiter, even though they have to pass through her 'cuz they died.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    I see, so applying the rule of cool is only a good thing when it's stuff you like?
    Tossing a world soul of a death titan at the machine of death's main UI is not cool, but using G'huun equivalent tier boss more because he's a sassy, smarmy fuck is?
    Flipflop.
    You appear to be confused by what I was talking about. I was talking about the particular role of Zovaal and Denathrius, it has nothing to do with who broke the machine of eath.

Secondly, I don't see how this relates at all to "rule of cool" given that it's about personality and some degree of investment or interesting qualities, even with the lack of any actual depth between either potential candidate.

I would love to see the Jailer get betrayed by Denathrius and for him to steal the show. But that is actually interesting - so it won't happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    You appear to be confused by what I was talking about. I was talking about the particular role of Zovaal and Denathrius, it has nothing to do with who broke the machine of eath.

Secondly, I don't see how this relates at all to "rule of cool" given that it's about personality and some degree of investment or interesting qualities, even with the lack of any actual depth between either potential candidate.
    Not confused at all, just looking at the bigger picture. I 100% agree with your assesment of Zovaal and Denathrius.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Not confused at all, just looking at the bigger picture. I 100% agree with your assesment of Zovaal and Denathrius.
    I fail to see the connection to the aforementioned bigger picture. Are you certain you weren't mistaken? It's fine if you were, going off the present conversation and the topic at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    100% Denathrius is interesting, Zovaal is not.
    Kel'Thuzad is interesting. Denathrius and Zovaal are not. Unfortunately, they ruined KT now.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    "Story" is beyond ridiculous now.
    "Now" ?

the lore has been fucked since WoD or so

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    "Now" ?

the lore has been fucked since WoD or so
    True that... but honestly, with WOD, They hit new low. With Legion (Argus especially) they hit new low again. With BFA (Zandalari and 8.3) they hit new low YET AGAIN.... and then..... SHADOWLANDS! They went past hell with it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Kel'Thuzad is interesting. Denathrius and Zovaal are not. Unfortunately, they ruined KT now.
    Kel'thuzad hasn't been interesting since WotLK. Not like he achieved much in SL, either.