Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    ive farmed around 12k gold this last week to get my tailorcrafts...

Revered is only halfway to exalted. and your not even revered...

Also, tbc classic released with less raids open than TBC did. which short of cut progression short real fast.

and lastly, some food for thought. Skellies on Nightbane was magic immune in tbc, and since they aren't now one has to wonder... what other fights are is not really prenerf but rather, postnerf version?
    Yes but theres no point at exalted and I'll get revered before T5.

Also Nightbane is just like it was at launch. Magic immune was in later patch but reverted soonly after.

"Patch 2.0.10 (2007-03-06): Nightbane's Restless Skeletons are now immune to non-holy magical damage.
    Reverted in a hotfix several hours after the patch
    "

Raid Progress. That was the time consuming part.

Back then. But with classic TBC? Lol.

the grind I'm currently looking at is the gear for hydross, the boss I expect to be the bottleneck to being able to get to vashj, the only boss that has the nuance and resistance check, the other bosses being mostly tank and spanks that probably won't require much preparation. ofc even hydross is tank and spank but you need the gear first.

I haven't even really started yet, I have the plans for the wildguard legs and helm, my BS skill is only 371, so i need to farm a shit load more felsteel, guild banks can help with some of the primal costs but I still need cenarion exalted for the wildguard chest piece recipe.

the jewel crafting necklaces pendant of withering pendant of thawing. there is some grind involved if you're tanking. because ofc you ain't getting past hydross if you don't have tanks with resistance gear. a 365 set isn't exactly cheap nor is it something you can quickly farm up in an afternoon.

this is the grind i'm looking at to being, prepared. phase 2 is going to come out and there are going to be a lot of guilds that can't pull hydross yet and have to skip him. ppl saying its over and theres nothing left to do obviously aren't tanking anything.

just an example most guilds probably have 6 tanks thats 3 kara raids, so you'd have 3 tanks on rotation, 2 nature 2 frost and 2 mix.

its 100s of primals. quick calculation says its 46 primal lifes for a wildguard set and the same or more shadows, the frost set is the same but its water and fire instead of life and shadow. if you're crafting 6 sets yeah its a lot of primals.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2021-06-23 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    the grind I'm currently looking at is the gear for hydross, the boss I expect to be the bottleneck to being able to get to vashj, the only boss that has the nuance and resistance check, the other bosses being mostly tank and spanks that probably won't require much preparation. ofc even hydross is tank and spank but you need the gear first.
    Just like Ragnaros needed the fire res gear. In reality the boss will probably melt without need of res gear unfortunately.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by sylenna View Post
    i am still astounded as to why players rush through decades old content and have the gall to ask here why we did take so long for everything "back in the day®".

dude. every best practice is written up a thousand times, every old player is guiding you through everything and every dynamic, mechanic or other thing is well known in later iterations. you blew through the skill ceiling by jumping back in time and being the grown up in a kindergarten class. "what, you call simple math difficult and 500 words is time consuming to you? HA! ACED IT!"

go be happy. the olden times cannot be recreated and you wouldn't understand it even if i told you every little pain, progress bit or any guild drama along the way which impedes how you moved forward. i hpala'd lady vashj with 3-5fps whilst looking zoomed in on the ground with lowest details on a rocky internet connection with muffled noises called teamspeak. there is no way to recreate any of that or the lack of any deeper info on encounters when you were ahead of the pack.

ah, getting enraged again.
    nailed it<3
    it's like time travelling back to the era of pony express with a cellular network and phones and asking why did people say this was hard?
    If you're really ignoring the technology of the time, you'll never understand.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

The people who claimed TBC was a long slog of a grind are the same people who claimed vanilla raids were going to be a challenge - its just selective memory.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    Just like Ragnaros needed the fire res gear. In reality the boss will probably melt without need of res gear unfortunately.
    Why is that "unfortunate"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

I've still got
    • 1 Mech run for Arc key
    • SH key
    • 3 reps to get to revered for H keys
    • 260g left for my epic mount
    to go.

I haven't been doing any specific grinding except for cenerian rep because I wanted to get my head enchant out of the way. To get gold I have just been questing and vendoring. I haven't seen any blues drop except for the bow. I have done 10 dungeons or so and so far it's been good.

I feel it has been far less grindy than vanilla and I think I should be done with my list by next reset. I've still got 5 months to get T5 attuned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    I tanked ragnaros in week 3 I think it was, you did need fire resist or you just got one shotted (you could see this happen every time the dps pulled aggro). MT needed something like 300-350 fire resist. while the OT could probably get away with 250 or so

hydross melees for an incredible amount, I don't see it being possible to survive long enough to kill him, without changing phases, the adds he spawns when he changes phases melee about as hard as he does in the respective element.

if you have no resists you'll get one shotted or two shotted. since the way resistances work is that they give you a chance to resist between 25 and 75% of the damage. you can still randomly get two shotted with 300+ resists.

in reality it would be cool if ppl knew what the fuck they were talking about. in t4 you probably aren't nuking hydross down in 3 marks. or 6. it took me 11 days to get to 60, I didn't raid the first week, the second week we didn't have enough quintessence to spawn raggy, and in the 3rd week most ppl were still rocking 95% blue gear. any amount of fire resist was better than none. since rag does primarily fire damage. his melee damage is only something like 20% or so of his total damage to the tank.

are we saying that after farming molten core for 6 months or coming back to it in t3 you didn't need fire resist. perhaps not, but in those first kills you kinda did unless you're happy letting RNG decide if you kill the boss or not.

the problem with hydross ofc is the threat drop on phase switches, if your tanks are taking way too much damage, then your healers are going to pull aggro. or they'll just go oom because they have to spam heal constantly to keep the tanks alive. if they even can keep the tanks alive. you don't need any gear at all if your tank can dodge and parry for 3 minutes straight.

one of the things that did make ragnaros easier ofc was the fire resistance buff in blackrock spire, the spellbinders i think they are have a 1hr fire resist buff that gives you like 80 resist, simply have a priest mindcontrol this mob and buff your tanks, most of t1 and t2 can be trivialised with this buff at least you can reach high resist levels quite easily with that buff and resist a large amount of fire damage in both tiers. you didn't need as much FR gear if you were getting this buff. fire resistance stopped fury/prot warriors from being two shotted by vael, and it also helped you resist things like the blastnova on broodlord and therefore the threat drop. if you could just outright resist all the blast novas you didn't lose any threat.

mother shahraz was nerfed when I did her in old BC, but this time around she probably will also require shadow resist but not just on the tanks, I remember only needing about 150 or so as a priest back then, but again, she was probably nerfed by the time I did her. in her un-nerfed form she may actually require more than what I needed back then.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2021-06-24 at 02:46 AM.

Why was it time coonsuming?

Back then it took time for people to come up with the map to get all the rep and keys required for the Kara attunement. Then came the quests to get the items to summon Nightbane.

Then came the quests to get attuned for Mag, SSC, TK, etc. I think the only raid that didn't require an attunement was Gruul's Lair. And TK in particular put an added attunement in needing you to have a flying mount to even start it's attunement quests.

Then came the strategies for the bosses. Even worse if you needed resist gear for them which would hold you back even more. Now people know exactly what boss needs what and when which cuts down on the grind time.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

what has happened in TBCC, happened in TBC

back in TBC, NA and EU got the expacs first. the Chinese did not and had to wait. they saw what the rest of world had done and blew all the way thru all content and killed illidan in 52 days (faster than NA/EU). of course, whiners said the Chinese had the benefits of changes by the time they got TBC and knew what everyone else did. so it repeats with TBCC where everyone knows what to do instantly. there are private servers where players are practicing the next TBCC raids not unlocked yet. just like some did in classic wow using private servers. why you had 22 minute plus seconds clears on release.

right now in TBCC, it is set to end patch of TBC with even more changes which makes numerous classes viable and rather OP that weren't 3/4 of TBC

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    Not sure which version of Astromancer we will get but arc resist gear could also be a worthy investment.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Its not, its a raidlog / weekly arena log expansion

Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    Why was it time coonsuming?

Back then it took time for people to come up with the map to get all the rep and keys required for the Kara attunement. Then came the quests to get the items to summon Nightbane.

Then came the quests to get attuned for Mag, SSC, TK, etc. I think the only raid that didn't require an attunement was Gruul's Lair. And TK in particular put an added attunement in needing you to have a flying mount to even start it's attunement quests.

Then came the strategies for the bosses. Even worse if you needed resist gear for them which would hold you back even more. Now people know exactly what boss needs what and when which cuts down on the grind time.
    Im curious what was the Magtheridon attunement? Havent heard of that before. Also I think you misunderstood, Kara attunement doesnt require any rep.

There is no such thing as you just autopilot with attune addons etc. It took time back then because people had no idea what they were doing + they didnt have 15k gold from classic to immediately spend on 280%.

Relatively it feels as time spending though as I am no longer a teenager like back then and have actual responsibilities. I'm surprised many of those who played for 5-12+ hours daily back then still are doing that at their 30's.

Quote Originally Posted by sylenna View Post
    i am still astounded as to why players rush through decades old content and have the gall to ask here why we did take so long for everything "back in the day®".

dude. every best practice is written up a thousand times, every old player is guiding you through everything and every dynamic, mechanic or other thing is well known in later iterations. you blew through the skill ceiling by jumping back in time and being the grown up in a kindergarten class. "what, you call simple math difficult and 500 words is time consuming to you? HA! ACED IT!"

go be happy. the olden times cannot be recreated and you wouldn't understand it even if i told you every little pain, progress bit or any guild drama along the way which impedes how you moved forward. i hpala'd lady vashj with 3-5fps whilst looking zoomed in on the ground with lowest details on a rocky internet connection with muffled noises called teamspeak. there is no way to recreate any of that or the lack of any deeper info on encounters when you were ahead of the pack.

ah, getting enraged again.
    Logged back in after forever just cause how real this is. lol it's soooooo true. When I think back to what we killed vashj and kael etc on and with to get our vials just lol. Pentium 4's, Dial up style DSL's, TS making peoples net worse, everyone lagging in cities level of shite builds, NO YOUTUBE only googlevids and warcraft vids( R.I.P HWL ZaZa vids) and many many more fun retro shenanigans like smartphones not existing yet, I don't understand either!

I mean the other day, I played metroid and it was so easy. What gives.

Also fuck motes. Fuck them.

The real joke is you guys playing our old game with attitudes like this lol.

<3 Sylenna

Quote Originally Posted by Hollycakes View Post
    NO YOUTUBE only googlevids and warcraft vids( R.I.P HWL ZaZa vids)
    Why do people say there was no youtube? You can find a lot of 2007 era WoW Youtube clips.

Just because you didnt use Youtube you cant say there wasnt.