Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Summers are getting longer and hotter. The only way to keep cool is A.C. We see the number of A.C. units in the world growing rapidly. So, now we have more A.C. units, that have to work longer and harder to keep people cool. A.C. units need power, and we see power demand peaking. Not only in the central and southern US, but throughout the world. The most convenient way to generate power is still fossil fuels. Both China and India have reactivated closed coal mines and power plants to meet record breaking power demand. Burning more fossil fuels meant more greenhouse gasses in the atmosphere which will lead to even hotter summer.
    I think the better solution to that is to increase our ability to transfer excess power capacity between the hemispheres.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    We're stuck in the timeline where Wheeler didn't take his ring.
    There was a mixup in the paperwork and the fire ring went to this guy:

"Wheeler and Butthead" also failed to really capture an audience.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2022-07-21 at 06:12 AM.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Thanks! Makes sense to me. I think all you have to do to prove that humans affect the climate is really to look at cities under lock down and how clean the air was. But that's just short term trend in terms of climate.
    Or look at smog pictures from 50s 60s and 70s LA and compare them to today.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Yeah 8 Billion people, way too many to be sustainable.
    Of course, you think that the number of people is the problem, and not how some super wealthy and a few companies rape the globe to death while half the world's population is living off a bowl of rise a day.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    The environment is trying to kill everybody. Captain Planet where are you?
    He's right here:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Of course, you think that the number of people is the problem, and not how some super wealthy and a few companies rape the globe to death while half the world's population is living off a bowl of rise a day.
    No it is the problem the planet is over populated by about 7.5 Billion people IMO

Anything more than about 4 Billion and I think we find our way down that path we are now.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

7+ Year Old Account
    No it is the problem the planet is over populated by about 7.5 Billion people IMO

Anything more than about 4 Billion and I think we find our way down that path we are now.
    C'mon don't be a misanthrope... As I've said before - humans are a GOOD THING in general and on planet Earth. You're making it seem like the existence of at least 3.5 billion people is an overall negative, which is not accurate. Every person is a knowledge creator who adds value to the world. Less people means less potential for progress at larger scales.

how incredible. you completly ignore the point that capitalism is what's stripping and wasting resources faster than they need to be. all so you can pine about genocide.... what the fuck dude....

I guess we need to remind some people that is not in fact the poorest among us who consume, and pollute the most. but those people are poor and brown, so fuck them.

10+ Year Old Account
    C'mon don't be a misanthrope... As I've said before - humans are a GOOD THING in general and on planet Earth. You're making it seem like the existence of at least 3.5 billion people is an overall negative, which is not accurate. Every person is a knowledge creator who adds value to the world. Less people means less potential for progress at larger scales.
    Humans by themselves are not a good thing in general on planet earth. Nah most people have no value. A person can have value, but every person just because they breath air isn't valuable.

As to progress towards what exactly, colonizing the moon, I think you seriously underestimate the worthlessness and stupidity of people, because we can't even take care of this planet, mostly because of fairytale bullshit thinking like the stuff you typed.

Humans by themselves are not a good thing in general on planet earth..
    this is abject misanthropy distilled.

like, holy shit dude are you pulling a PC2? ignoring the entirety of human history so you can jerk it to putting people into a meat grinder?

this of course coming from someone who claims to have been homeless at one point no less.

C'mon don't be a misanthrope...
    You're arguing not to treat a broken arm with a cast, because you may need to use it, and instead arguing that in the future there will be a way to repair broken bones without inconveniencing yourself. All while your broken arm gets worse and worse because you're doing nothing to effectively treat it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    how incredible. you completly ignore the point that capitalism is what's stripping and wasting resources faster than they need to be. all so you can pine about genocide.... what the fuck dude....
    I didn't ignore that, I didn't mention that but you're right, but it's a by product of over population and it's going to get worse, not because it has to but because Humans in general are fucking stupid.

And it's not because of lack of education or lack of it, we have far too many people who know better but don't care and do as they feel. No Grown ups or not enough.

Capitalisms is fine by itself but as we out grown it greed sustains it, thus the stupidity that created it, the same stupidity defends it especially since it's outlived it's usefulness.

We celebrate meaningless accomplishments like rigged pro sports. And Influencer whores.

People who are good and create meaningful contributions are over looked and often abused, because people care more about being entertained than progress overall.

People mistake everyone being equal with everyone being he same.

People mistake hatred of people and how they were born vs the choices they make and what they do.

People don't care about right and wrong good and evil they care about Winning what they want.

Humanity does NOT work together for the greater anything, work only means to kill yourself for someone else in too many peoples mind.

And absolutely nobody wants individuals to live their lives the way they see fit even when it's actually effects nobody else.

That's not pessimism or optimism it's true in my opinion. We're fucked because there are too many people which is a symptom of too many stupid people. Which is Humanity.

Capitalisms is just a by product install almost any system you want very few as fair as capitalisms, BUT Humans can fuck up anything if you give us enough time.

I guess we need to remind some people that is not in fact the poorest among us who consume, and pollute the most. but those people are poor and brown, so fuck them.
    I didn't mention race when I say Humanity I mean all of HUMANITY, we are ALL STUPID. We always have been stupid, the problem is that the Stupidity has been fostered, coddled, and tolerated for too long.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2022-07-21 at 09:16 PM.

I didn't ignore that, I didn't mention that but you're right, but it's a by product of over population and it's going to get worse, not because it has to but because Humans in general are fucking stupid.
    stop. just stop talking.

you have played your hand. you are a sociopath fueled by pure spite and ignorance. there is nothing else to discuss with you on this.

I will however point out that there is archeological evidence that human activity gave us the Amazon rainforest. something that came about without fucking capitalism.

notice how capitalism rots the brain to the point that unless you arbitrarily contribute to the ruining of the planet some people think your life needs to end.

like you're seriously championing capitalism while bemoaning the products it creates? like holy shit dude, capitalist's are the least aware of how capitalism actually works. or rather cannot hide what misanthropes they are for too long.
    Last edited by uuuhname; 2022-07-21 at 09:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    stop. just stop talking.

you have played your hand. you are a sociopath fueled by pure spite and ignorance. there is nothing else to discuss with you on this.

I will however point out that there is archeological evidence that human activity gave us the Amazon rainforest. something that came about without fucking capitalism.

notice how capitalism rots the brain to the point that unless you arbitrarily contribute to the ruining of the planet some people think your life needs to end.
    I mean truths are truths, if we don't face them we have no chance of them changing, I just don't see it happenin.

But life is long so who knows what the future holds.

Capitalisms works, but again like any system is realize on people, and the exclusion of stupid people. Conspiracy theorist should be on the top. If you think people are coming back from the dead after 40+ years regardless to and Lizard people, Uh yeah we have a problem.

Entertainment should always stay that, entertainment.

I didn't mention race when I say Humanity I mean all of HUMANITY, we are ALL STUPID. We always have been stupid, the problem is that the Stupidity has been fostered, coddled, and tolerated for too long.
    in all historical context, that is exactly what you're proposing. the least well off need to die (who all suspiciously happen to be from the global south), so the more productive of us can thrive, THAT IS YOUR ARGUMENT.

10+ Year Old Account
    in all historical context, that is exactly what you're proposing. the least well off need to die (who all suspiciously happen to be from the global south), so the more productive of us can thrive, THAT IS YOUR ARGUMENT.
    No I’m not. The reason we are in this mess is not because of poor or brown. Or any all the of one group either.

Humans. All.

Give you an example

Rich so called Supremacist and superior nations have stolen and exploited everyone who needs to immigrate where they are now. Are now they are denying by the same ones that helped. victimize who now need to flee the homes the rich Supremacist destroyed.

But get this because of this unchecked greed mindless land grabs. And telling other countries not to pollute and love live like the ones that trashed the planet.

Lol now want to erect nuclear plants because the same nations are too stupid, lazy and greedy that can’t be bothered to deal with the effects of depleting the planet of the resources they become to fat, out of shape and intellectually broken to defend or sustain.

No that’s isn’t brown people or people living and minding their own affairs with almost nothing.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2022-07-21 at 09:51 PM.

No I’m not. The reason we are in this mess is not because of poor or brown. Or any all the of one group either.

Humans. All.
    https://www.theguardian.com/sustaina...climate-change

No, a small group of people running corporations are.

Humans. All.
    again pinning the evils of the elites at the top onto the least responsible. that's the point I'm making, that you cannot seem to understand that for most of humanity and human history it's ALWAYS been the elite's that exploit the general population.

in you're ass-backwards mind the exploiters are the good guys! their victims, less than human!

10+ Year Old Account
    again pinning the evils of the elites at the top onto the least responsible. that's the point I'm making, that you cannot seem to understand that for most of humanity and human history it's ALWAYS been the elite's that exploit the general population.

in you're ass-backwards mind the exploiters are the good guys! their victims, less than human!
    No I’m blaming those exploiters for their stupidity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/sustaina...climate-change

No, a small group of people running corporations are.
    No it’s all people. Pointing for fingers doesn’t fix anything. You’re right about blame. Doesn’t fix anything or the problem.

No it’s all people. Pointing for fingers doesn’t fix anything. You’re right about blame. Doesn’t fix anything or the problem.
    So you're just going to reject anything that doesn't jive with your feels because reality is just terribly inconvenient.

It's not all people. It's overwhelmingly a small group of people running massive companies.

No I’m blaming those exploiters for their stupidity.
    by being the laziest hack imaginable, which is why you simply say "humans bad". I don't see you saying capitalism is bad, I don't see you saying CEO's are a blight on the planet. just that humans writ large are without worth. because you cannot formulate an opinion on the matter that actually takes some logical considerations to reach.