And than other cities?

Let's do something for fun. Inspired by all Teldrazzil complaints.
    What stories or changes would they make on the cities we already have.

I mean, I already raised the idea of a story where the renegades get a flying city.
    And I think we could have a Belfos vs. Nagas story.
    Later I develop the ideas.

How about if for BFA they had destroyed all the old cities? Alleria accidentally destroyes Silvermoon by corrupting the Sunwell. Sylvanas attacks Teldrassil in retaliation, while sending a saboteur to the draenei to make sure they don't use the vindicaar. The draenei evacuate the Azuremyst isles but the saboteur breaks the controls on the vindicaar and it crashes into the tree, sending it up in flames. The flames spread to Azshara and destroy Bilgewater Harbor as well. Anduin attacks Lordaeron in retaliation but Sylvanas with the nagas help explode bombs on weak points on the continent of Lordaeron and the whole continent sinks into the sea. Tidal waves inundate Khaz Modan and floods Ironforge. The few remaining dwarves torch Thunderbluff in response.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    How about if for BFA they had destroyed all the old cities? Alleria accidentally destroyes Silvermoon by corrupting the Sunwell. Sylvanas attacks Teldrassil in retaliation, while sending a saboteur to the draenei to make sure they don't use the vindicaar. The draenei evacuate the Azuremyst isles but the saboteur breaks the controls on the vindicaar and it crashes into the tree, sending it up in flames. The flames spread to Azshara and destroy Bilgewater Harbor as well. Anduin attacks Lordaeron in retaliation but Sylvanas with the nagas help explode bombs on weak points on the continent of Lordaeron and the whole continent sinks into the sea. Tidal waves inundate Khaz Modan and floods Ironforge. The few remaining dwarves torch Thunderbluff in response.
    A fitting masterpiece!

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    A fitting masterpiece!
    Thanks! I made everyone unhappy not just the night elves!

I talk about building and making everyone happy.
    But hey, it could also be that.

Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    I talk about building and making everyone happy.
    But hey, it could also be that.
    Oops, sorry, my mind automatically goes to depressive places with this game. I feel unsure if it's even possible to make all the races happy in Azeroth. Too many bad things between groups not to mention world-ending threats every week.

Oops, sorry, my mind automatically goes to depressive places with this game. I feel unsure if it's even possible to make all the races happy in Azeroth. Too many bad things between groups not to mention world-ending threats every week.
    It can. But for that you have to "Create" and not "Destroy".
    But the point is that blizzard is not capable of creating.
    We do.

No race really aims to kill another race ... except of course the void elves ... get them out of here.

Flames spreading from Teldrassil to Azshara broke my suspension of disbelief.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Flames spreading from Teldrassil to Azshara broke my suspension of disbelief.
    Given the size of the tree, and the fact many fires get started by hot embers thrown high into the air during fires. It wouldn't be that much of a stretch to say the fires started in Darkshore, then just kept spreading through Ashenvale, Felwood, and into Azshara. Hyjal might be safe considering its height, not sure if embers would last that long. But you are right, embers from Teldrassil only setting Azshara on fire is a no, setting Darkshore, Felwood, and Ashenvale on fire is much more likely with traveling embers.
    Retail sucks. Classic sucks. No positivity, only negative feedback. Why is everybody so damn miserable? Must be somebody else's fault, it couldn't possibly be my INSANELY TOXIC ATTITUDE.

Guys, if the fire was so powerful to set the tree on fire and the catapunches had the power to reach it.
    Getting to Azhara would be the least of it.

Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    Given the size of the tree, and the fact many fires get started by hot embers thrown high into the air during fires. It wouldn't be that much of a stretch to say the fires started in Darkshore, then just kept spreading through Ashenvale, Felwood, and into Azshara. Hyjal might be safe considering its height, not sure if embers would last that long. But you are right, embers from Teldrassil only setting Azshara on fire is a no, setting Darkshore, Felwood, and Ashenvale on fire is much more likely with traveling embers.
    Well, I didn't want my original post to be overly long, but in my original idea, yes all those above areas would also be burnt to a crisp turning north and central Kalimdor into a smoldering wasteland.

I didn't mean to derail the thread. But for making better cities, Ogrimmar is butt-ugly. I'd really like a new orc city founded somewhere else, like at the mouth of the Southfury River. More access to water for crops, but someone really needs to teach the orcs irrigation.
    Last edited by Mungho; 2021-06-17 at 03:47 AM. Reason: added more stuff

5+ Year Old Account
    I would copyright this asap, because Danuser must be frantically taking notes at this.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Stood in the Fire Zendhal The Black's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Thanks! I made everyone unhappy not just the night elves!
    And Orgrimmar sinks into the underhold.... just because.

Also, we need a city that just floats on water and moves around

Kinda like a wandering isle but with Boralus build on top of it

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal The Black View Post

Also, we need a city that just floats on water and moves around

Kinda like a wandering isle but with Boralus build on top of it
    I didn't include Ogrimmar or Stormwind because Blizzard seems intent on funneling us into the capital cities.

But for making better cities, Ogrimmar is butt-ugly. I'd really like a new orc city founded somewhere else, like at the mouth of the Southfury River.
    Would still be ugly, because that's the orc aesthetic until Blizzard decides otherwise.

More access to water for crops, but someone really needs to teach the orcs irrigation.
    "PUNY FARMS NOT FOR MIGHTY ORC! ORC WANT ORC TAKE!" aka "Please don't make us actually do world building or explaining how the hell a raider society gets as large as the Horde."
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Well I thought of things like something like that.

An expansion focused on the naga where Azhara wants revenge on those who interrupted her ritual. The Nagas attack various Places and we have to defend.

Catch Jaina and we have had enough of her.
    But then he attacks the Eternal-Night. He manages to take the city but the town escapes to Silvermoon.
    Then the Naga attack Silvermoon and that is a zone of expansion and preparing the defense of the city and stopping the nagas.
    Final event we won the zone (Drama and all that)

And later they recover the city of the Eternal-Night but without changes. Simply waging a "pacified" sona fasada.

---
    Thinking a similar plot could be made with the Warguends using as an excuse that Shandris is visiting and they want her.
    Then you have an expansion felt in the north of the Eastern Kingdoms.

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal The Black View Post
    Would it be that it finally gets used!

Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    I considered that, but the world's largest mountain is in the way. Even if there was a strong wind enough to carry it those possibly hundreds of miles most of them would land in Felwood or the side of Hyjal. For example a fire in India wouldn't be able to get to China over the Himalayas.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.