Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I think the whole "Illidan blew up a planet" thing is being a little bit misrepresented here. He basically did the same thing ner'zhul did, except he did it intentionally and he is a stronger sorcerer than ner'zhul. He also had the benefit of being able to 'improve' on ner'zhuls work and in the book he didn't even know if it would destroy the planet he just figured it was worth a shot.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

God, how many nonsense people write. Illidan is a demon, not a half-demon as your friend says. Also, while he is arguably faster than Malfurion, Malfurion is also a formidable melee fighter, which I will write about below.

1. Illidan is most likely really stronger than A'dal, but he did not destroy Xe'ra because he was stronger than her. Let me explain to you how the Naaru work. They are batteries. Huge flying batteries. The power of the Naaru powers their spaceships and Xe'ra has been described as much more powerful than Adal (this was said by Illidan himself when he met while spiritually traveling to Argus). The Prime Naaru appear to be analogous to the Old Gods. Can Xe'ra defeat Y'shaarj 1v1? Not. Can Xe'ra use Tempest Keep to defeat Y'shaarj? Maybe. However, while the Old Gods are huge mountains of flesh, the Naaru are flying bulbs and are very vulnerable. Does this mean that Illidan is generally stronger than Xe'ra and can use more energy than her? Not. Does this mean that he can kill her when she does not even try to protect herself in any way (for example, use some kind of shield of Light)? Yes.

2. Illidan did not blow up the planet with his pure power, he opened a portal and then collapsed it and he himself mentioned that if his calculations are equal, the planet will explode. He did it with mathematical precision, not brute force.

3. Illidan was far more powerful than Arthas at the time of their meeting, even after Ner'zhul had endowed him with all his power. However, this was not a battle with the Lich King, which was Arthas in Wotlk. Ner'Zhul was greatly weakened by Illidan's spell and was constantly losing its strength. By the time Wotlk Arthas regained this power.

4. Illidan really defeated Magtheridon, I have no idea why argue about at all. However, Illidan himself mentioned that Magtheridon had not fought for a long time and became lazy. Defeating him was not difficult. And Kael and Vashj were only needed to bind him. Illidan could kill him if he wanted to. In Harbingers: Illidan, he had problems with another pit lord, Azgoth. His beams from his eyes did not affect Azgoth and after that, Azgoth struck him with his mace. As Azgoth went to finish him off, Kor'vas appeared and protected Illidan. However, Illidan may have been deliberately giving in to let Kor'vas prove herself.

5. The Eye of Sargeras did not increase the power of Illidan and did not allow him to destroy the Lich King. The Chronicle (oh how often I tell people to go and read the Chronicle) mentions that Illidan did not want to go straight to Icecrown and destroy the Lich King because there was a huge army of undead and they would have prevented him. Therefore, he needed an artifact that would increase the RANGE of his spells. He destroyed the Lich King with his own power. However, another page mentions that he could use the power of the Eye of Sargeras against Malfurion and Tyrande when they attacked him (that is, they were not too far), but decided not to do this so that perhaps the Eye really gave him some kind of increase in power. And Illidan did nothing to capture Sargeras. The Titans did this with the remainder of Argus' power. Illidan stayed behind to make sure no one freed Sargeras.

6. People for some reason think that Malfurion is just a caster. This is not true. Malfurion is an incredibly powerful and fast melee fighter. In his normal form, he killed Saurfang's elite guards in a second, and Saurfang himself was amazed at his speed. He also fights well in cat or bear form (in fact, he is very fast even in bear form). He also almost single-handedly (because the main elf army had gone to Silithus) held back the Horde army on Darkshore (although he did this not with force, but with guerrilla tactics, he appeared out of nowhere, killed a bunch of Horde and disappeared).

People also greatly overestimate its dependence on forests and nature. He could use nature spells even after the Legion had defiled and destroyed the land. At first, he needed efforts to draw strength from such places, but later he got used to it and there was no difference between what location he was in, in lush forests or on desecrated land (although he noted that you just need to draw strength from deeper places, if the whole planet will be desecrated like Argus, perhaps he will have problems with it). Not to mention the fact that since then Malfurion takes energy directly from the Emerald Dream (and he has a very close connection with the Emerald Dream), and the cosmic power of Life is not elements that are different for all planets. Life is a cosmic force and can be used anywhere.

However, it must be remembered that Malfurion is not in his peak form right now. After losing immortality, he began to age, he is most likely weaker than he was in Warcraft 3. Wolf Heart mentions that he had back pain during meditation. Also in the game, Malfurion almost never does something impressive. In Cataclysm, he single-handedly held back a hurricane that could destroy all Darkshore and go raging into the ocean (according to Malfurion himself) and all his strength was spent on this. Later in Hyjal, he loses to Leyara (not the most powerful character in Warcraft) and he needs the help of the player and Hamuul (who almost died before and in fact just got out of bed in which he lay for a long time and recovered). However, again, before that Malfurion was holding back a hurricane that could destroy an entire location and continue to rampage in the ocean, and immediately after that he flew to Hyjal to fight the forces of Ragnaros. He simply did not have time to rest and recuperate. Yes, he was defeated by the Shadow of Xavius, but in anger at what happened to Cenarius, he simply flew into a trap in Xavius's territory, where everything is desecrated by the Nightmare.

Output? Knaak Malfurion could have easily defeated Illidan. In fact, there is a moment in the War of the Ancients where Malfurion nearly kills Illidan when he thinks he has harmed Tyrande. He does it by accident, in anger, not even realizing that he almost killed him and he did it with the help of their mental connection of the twins. Illidan was shocked by his power. However, Malfurion has since been nerfed, Knaak always makes the main characters of some kind of OP (I mean in the War of the Ancients Malfurion BY RANDOM, due to the sadness that Tyrande was kidnapped, created a huge storm that almost destroyed the armies of both demons and night elves, and when he took control of the storm, he forced the demons to retreat for 3 days in a row and in those days he was only a student). However, in the Illidan book, when Malfurion and Illidan meet and Illidan gets tired of listening to reproaches, he stuns Malfurion, Tyrande and their subordinates with one simple spell. And it was Illidan who had just gotten out of prison and had not yet regained his strength (much less absorbed the power of the Skull of Gul'Dan). The current Illidan is likely to be stronger than the current Malfurion both as a melee fighter and as a spellcaster, but don't expect it to be easy. Illidan will have to give his 100% and he will not play with his opponent as he did in the battle with Arthas. It will be a long and difficult battle, and Illidan will most likely be seriously injured and severely tired after he is victorious.
    Last edited by darkoms; 2021-06-18 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    How so? Sargeras destroyed all the other Pantheon members include Aman’thul, then was slowly harnessing them by turning dark.
    That's lore from 20 years ago though.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    That's lore from 20 years ago though.
    That's new lore in the old lore there is no mention of Sargeras beating the titans.

Illidan easily because fel is more powerful than life magic. He is also a perfect fighter while Malfurion is more of slow thinking guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Zora-Prime View Post
    you're not wrong that they did malfurion dirty...
    but that darkshore cinematic was freakin badass
    Oh I loved the Darkshore cinematic, if only we got more of that.

That dumbass orc at the end, though, "No single Night Elf could do all that." I can literally name 5 Night Elves who could do all that on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    Oh I loved the Darkshore cinematic, if only we got more of that.

That dumbass orc at the end, though, "No single Night Elf could do all that." I can literally name 5 Night Elves who could do all that on their own.
    I am still mad at the words of this stupid orc. Transforming into a bear and using roots are the BASIC things druids do. Literally any druid can do this.

Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    I am still mad at the words of this stupid orc. Transforming into a bear and using roots are the BASIC things druids do. Literally any druid can do this.
    They missed the twitter clarifying that that orc had only fought against Kaldorei Civilians.

PS If what malfurion did can be done by all Kaldorei adventurers according to the BFA novels.

Doesn't Illidan have superspeed? He could dash and slash Malfurion's throat in the blink of an eye. There is a reason why the Flash is one of the most powerful DC characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Wouldn't say so, especially after blowing up Nathrezim planet... and also overpowering Magtheridon.
    Mannoroth doesn't have more spectacular feats to actually call him stronger than Illidan. If you could name them, then please do.
    Mannoroth is strongest of his species, also not something to be counted since it seems orcs axe him for breakfast
    regarding illidan however, in the novel Stormrage about Malfurion, he reached ridiculous insane power level of control every little thing on azeroth that rival if not even overpower titans (yes titans, that include sargeras penetrating the baby female titan of azeroth with his big pointy stick sword, wish i was inventing that part), so Mal at his best triumph over anyone literally, however he is also was drugged and trapped in nightmare easily way too many times
    So I still bet my win on Malfurion, his top is infinity, even if u average his power he still will beat Illidan by miles, Illidan never shown power that rival KJ, he was always afraid of direct fight against BL, Malfurion on other hand just need to go to a knaak book and he will make KJ his bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    While malfurion is incredibly pwoerful i've never really seen him as much of a duelist. He is more of a large scale bro. Where as illidan is all about the 1v1 slaughterfiesta. I think illidan would win 1v1
    that's actually interesting POV
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    They missed the twitter clarifying that that orc had only fought against Kaldorei Civilians.

PS If what malfurion did can be done by all Kaldorei adventurers according to the BFA novels.
    I know about this tweet, it's still infinitely dumb.

What? I didn't quite understand the second part of your message? I think almost any druid can do this, not just heroes.

I'd give it to Malfurion, as anytime they face off, he always emerges the victor. Illidan turns into a powerful demon? He doesn't even put up a fight when Malfurion banishes him. Illidan is using an army of naga to destroy Icecrown? Malfurion still stops him. The only reason Illidan wasn't imprisoned again is because Malfurion intentionally let him go both times. While I think Illidan is physically capable of beating Malfurion, I don't think he mentally could do it. He has too much trauma and self-doubt, particularly when dealing with Malfurion, to think or act clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I agree to some extent, because one must be really powerful to be able to cast such a spell. We cannot consider that feat(being able to use Eye of the Sargeras to destroy a whole continent) just as a "weapon". A random peasant or a knight, even a random mage, wouldn't be able to do so. It requires really poweful being and high skill in magics, just as we read in the warcraft novels.
    The naga were casting the spell. Illidan was just commanding them and doing his best to destroy Maiev's forces.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Illidan killed a Prime Naaru.

Prime Naaru are stronger than regular Naaru.

That puts Illidan above Naaru like A'dol.

Stop making excuses and typing like this.
    The logic says Illidan could kill A'dal, not that Illidan is more powerful than A'dal. You have yet to indicate that the ability to kill someone makes one more powerful than them. For instance, is Malfurion more powerful than Archimonde? Or did he just outsmart him?

Well, both of them have shown that they're pretty top tier as far as "mortal" races go. Aside from that, I'd say it's largely pointless to compare their individual feats/power.

Either of them would win the fight based off of what Blizzard decides is the coolest scenario for a cutscene or a particular moment in the story. They may even factor in what they think the playerbase wants to see, which is truly disturbing to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends entirely on the time period of when the fight would occur. Malfurions peak was before Illidans Peak so he wouldn't be in his prime in the current day. That doesn't mean he'd be powerless because he is quite literally the most powerful druid Azeroth has ever known. Realistically, Malfurion would only fight Illidan to knock him to his senses. Illidan would fight until he had the clear upper hand and then gloat about it and then get sideswept by Malfurion humbling him. At least thats how I would see it playing out realistically. Their relationship is tenuous at best but they have improved it slightly with recent events. However, because of their longevity who knows how long one might hold a grudge.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Doesn't Illidan have superspeed? He could dash and slash Malfurion's throat in the blink of an eye. There is a reason why the Flash is one of the most powerful DC characters.
    and in that blink of an eye, roots from the ground and trees entangle Illidan, allowing Malfurion to cast some spelly spells or maybe just shapeshift and maul his face off, or just fly away.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Quote Originally Posted by fairfang View Post
    Who would have won if the Stormrage brothers fight each other?
    no holds anything goes? Malfurion...

Illidan has typically been a cocky bastard who doesn't really assess what's going on... his "speed" advantage was so amazing in northrend that he nearly got killed by an almost comatose Arthas who was on his last legs barely even acknowledging his presence beyond a low hurdle on his ascent to Icecrown. Who won? one speedy dual wielder? Nope, mostly dead due with a single swing.

Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    I know about this tweet, it's still infinitely dumb.

What? I didn't quite understand the second part of your message? I think almost any druid can do this, not just heroes.
    Trying to make a "safe" statement.
    Because I think they refer more than they do 1 vs 5 and I am not saying that all Kaldorei are worth 5 horde.
    But with the scale of power they show in the novels. Clearly there is an elite that if each one is worth 5.

I've always thought Malfurion is more powerful but my friend argues that Illidan is too fast () and almost break Northrend and has the skull of demon making him half demon etc. He also said he killed a Naaru with low effort but I think Malfurion can do that too. I think it would be a close fight.
    Malfurion was always one of the most powerful beings in WC universe, in every game and expansion

meanwhile, very powerful can be beaten by some other less powerful guys
    for example, while Tyrande was so strong in WotA, that she was able to heal even those, who other priestesses were unable to, she wasnot very strong as a fighter
    I guess same applies to everyone else

malf is very powerful
    and can beat shit from everyone else probably,

I've always thought Malfurion is more powerful but my friend argues that Illidan is too fast () and almost break Northrend and has the skull of demon making him half demon etc. He also said he killed a Naaru with low effort but I think Malfurion can do that too. I think it would be a close fight.
    i think Malfurion would win. But its a BIG IF. ill explain. But please people do not attack on this guessand without looking up the lore.

Malfurion beats sylvanas ( powered up one in darkshore). ( yes the fight was won because a axe to his back)

Sylvanas ( powered up one) beats LK ( bolvar). Lets guess that LK bolvar and arthas are at the same level ( arthas might be a bit stronger).

LK arthas fought Illidan to a stand still in warcraft 3.

So someone malfurion beats, won from someone illidan fought to a stand still.

But all of this is guess work. We do not know how much stronger sylvanas got from start bfa to end bfa. Or how much the power difference is between the 2 lich kings.

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    i think Malfurion would win. But its a BIG IF. ill explain. But please people do not attack on this guessand without looking up the lore.

Malfurion beats sylvanas ( powered up one in darkshore). ( yes the fight was won because a axe to his back)

Sylvanas ( powered up one) beats LK ( bolvar). Lets guess that LK bolvar and arthas are at the same level ( arthas might be a bit stronger).

LK arthas fought Illidan to a stand still in warcraft 3.

So someone malfurion beats, won from someone illidan fought to a stand still.

But all of this is guess work. We do not know how much stronger sylvanas got from start bfa to end bfa. Or how much the power difference is between the 2 lich kings.
    There are a lot of mistakes.

Sylvanas should have received a large increase in strength because in the 4th War, a huge number of people died and all their souls fell into the Maw (on the other hand, all souls from all over the universe flew to the Maw , so perhaps Sylvanas did not even notice such an increase) so she was stronger during the battle with Bolvar than during the battle with Malfurion. However Malfurion himself was weakened by the fact that for several weeks he almost single-handedly held back the army of the Horde.

Arthas is MUCH stronger than Bolvar.

DKArthas (albeit with a boost from Ner'zhul) fought Illidan and Illidan was actually much stronger. He beat Arthas like a dog and lost only because of his self-confidence.

Well with all the retcons in wow Malfurion pre legion.
    Do you hear the voices too?