Page 1 of 7
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Is Blood Furnace the hardest heroic dungeon in TBC/the game?

    With all the hard hitting mobs, the summoners and the stealthy bois would everyone agree that Blood Furnace ist THE hardest heroic in TBC or maybe in the game? The event itself is terrifying and can get out of hand in no time. Perfect cc and even voice is needed imho to make it through.

    What are your thoughts about it?

  2. #2
    IIRC no dungeon ever had larger pulls than Shattered Halls.

    I really think after you do Blood Furnace a few more times you won't find it that hard. If you're trolling yah got me to bite.
    17 hazed on the Golemagg "cinematic": https://i.imgur.com/nlZM3cj.jpg

  3. #3
    Not a troll. I feel like in SH the mobs dont hit nearly as hard as in BF.

  4. #4
    No it's Escape from Durnholde.

    Place is a nightmare.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Facefive View Post
    With all the hard hitting mobs, the summoners and the stealthy bois would everyone agree that Blood Furnace ist THE hardest heroic in TBC or maybe in the game? The event itself is terrifying and can get out of hand in no time. Perfect cc and even voice is needed imho to make it through.

    What are your thoughts about it?
    Some cata hc's were harder in the beginning tbh, it was just easier to overgear them than it is in TBC.

    I've pugged Blood Furnace hc like 3 times with zero problems.

  6. #6
    The one that people didn't seem to understand was Arcatraz, in my experience. And Durnholde. I have done both many times, but people w/o a clue could f those up pretty easily.

  7. #7
    Bloodsail Admiral Xykotic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    1,088
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    No it's Escape from Durnholde.

    Place is a nightmare.
    Disagree. Its annoying, and shit hits hard, but its very easy to manage imo.

    BF hits hard as hell, and theres generally more environmental hazards that will eat you alive if you don't respect them.

    Shattered Halls is kind in the same camp as BF damage-wise, has less hazards, but also a higher volume of mobs, mobs that are often easily chainpulled which will usually result in one or more wipes.

  8. #8
    It's all about the composition. The only heroic I wiped more than 2 times was BF but the group was a rogue and 2 fury warriors. We just wiped at the eye boss when all those angry orc boys left the cages.

    We had to use double fear and blind, etc it was a mess

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by facefist View Post
    Some cata hc's were harder in the beginning tbh, it was just easier to overgear them than it is in TBC.

    I've pugged Blood Furnace hc like 3 times with zero problems.
    I thing pre nerfed Grim Batol was most brutal dung, it feels almost like a mini raid.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    It's all about the composition. The only heroic I wiped more than 2 times was BF but the group was a rogue and 2 fury warriors. We just wiped at the eye boss when all those angry orc boys left the cages.

    We had to use double fear and blind, etc it was a mess

    Of course it is all about composition. This should be a no-brainer, but even with the best comp and the best CC the tank can get roflstomped by a single mob and there is nothing your healer can do about it. Obviously the better your gear is, the less the chance of this happening, but at this stage of the game this is a very common scenario.

  11. #11
    from my memory of tbc i remember botanica and arcatraz being harder than blood furnace

  12. #12
    a party consists of 5 people. the composition, gear, class in general, spec and dungeon knowledge are the deciding factors, so a simple "but i never had any issues" or "it was the worst" might not be the best gauge.
    Last edited by Magneto; 2021-06-17 at 08:49 AM.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by uncl55 View Post
    I thing pre nerfed Grim Batol was most brutal dung, it feels almost like a mini raid.
    Entirely depended on how well your group did the Dragon bombardment.

  14. #14
    Remembering the original experience, Shattered Halls was by far the hardest of them all, followed by Arcatraz. They are full of dangerous pulls, and the bosses are no cakewalk either. BF event with opening cells is the only hard place in there, rest is pretty easy, you just gotta be mindful of stealth mobs in the corridor and pull them separately from the engineers, summoners were pretty easy to control.

  15. #15
    Not even close dude. Shattered Halls & Arcatraz were generally considered hardest. To my knowledge nothing's changed with the re-release.

  16. #16
    As a frostmage, the hardest heroic for me is one where i cant just kite all melee mobs while the rest of my group deals with casters/ranged.

    So Acatraz,manatombs stands out there. Simply due to somewhat tough bosses.

    Shattered halls and blood furnace both feels like playing with cheat codes as a mage.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

  17. #17
    Depends a lot on group comp and mentality. If you run into them with 3 warrior dps thinking they can just zerg groups of mobs while the tank and healer are in blue gear, that's going to be painful as fuck.

    The damage is brutal, yes, but SHH for example with those 5 mob packs are a lot worse without some form of control.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by uncl55 View Post
    I thing pre nerfed Grim Batol was most brutal dung, it feels almost like a mini raid.
    Halls of Origination would like a word - first time reaching that secondary floor...

    Though I agree, Grim Batol was a bitch as well.

    And Cataclysm launch heroics is the best thing blizzard has ever done, perfection.

  19. #19
    Its unfair to treat a whole dungeon as hard or easy, its mostly certain packs.

    As example Slave Pens is a joke, but the first two packs with their Sunder Armor will destroy a tank that forgets about it and double pulls or doesnt let it drop before pulling second pack, or it takes too long to kill them.

    Or the usual, noobs getting feared by the Ray at the packs after the big crab and pulling 3 packs, only to repeat at the next pack.

    Shattered Halls is considered hard because most tanks dont know how to deal with the knockup punch that disables all Evasion/Block and the tank melts cause of it, which is 100% wipe if the tank or the group doesnt know what to do, along with the overpulling cause the orcs run away at certain places, otherwise its tank and spank for its majority.

    Arcatraz is the same, the hardest part was getting people to understand that some mobs need different things, Cure Disease or Group up etc.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfacin9 View Post
    BF event with opening cells is the only hard place in there, rest is pretty easy, you just gotta be mindful of stealth mobs in the corridor and pull them separately from the engineers, summoners were pretty easy to control.
    The double Fel Guards packs with summoner at the end are pretty painful if you don't have a warlock too.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •