Covenant for Resto 9.1

So guys just dinged 60 using threads of fate as necro and just doing a sanity check before taking it any further.

My rationale for it was that it gives me the option of switching to ele (seems 90% of ele are necro) and most of the 9.05 guides suggest this. I have a venthyr and NF already on other characters so thought it would be a nice change.

I’ll mainly be doing M+ though and I notice a lot of the top RS have switched to venthyr.

Anyone out there got any suggestions?

Are you pushing record breaking m+ runs?

If yes: do what the best rshamans do, if you want to compare yourself to them.
    If no: go with the covenant that you enjoy the most, and try having some fun.

Going with the crowd is not always (if ever) the road to happiness and enjoyment.

No, I'm not trying to break records, but for certain classes/specs, there are clear winners in terms of covenant choices, and as a person with limited enough time to play the game, I'm not going to spend hours and hours changing covenants.

For example, 10 years ago before I quit, all I did was pvp, so restarting the game recently with my shadow priest I did some cursory research on covenants and all pvp shadow priests were basically Venthyr at the time. So I rolled that, but subsequently time pressures, and no longer having the time to spend hours with an Arena or RBG team, and definitely not having time for raiding, I switched to M+. Quickest way of getting picked was to heal, so I went holy and have really enjoyed it and have worked up to +13's, but as a healer, I've had a lot of negative comments that I'm not NF, and mindgames really does nothing for you as a holy priest.

So looking not to make the same mistake twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickb View Post
    So guys just dinged 60 using threads of fate as necro and just doing a sanity check before taking it any further.

My rationale for it was that it gives me the option of switching to ele (seems 90% of ele are necro) and most of the 9.05 guides suggest this. I have a venthyr and NF already on other characters so thought it would be a nice change.

I’ll mainly be doing M+ though and I notice a lot of the top RS have switched to venthyr.

Anyone out there got any suggestions?
    .V.enthyr.

Necro and Ventyr are both fine for resto in all contents, and as you must have noticed by now there is no clear winner here.

For the easymode decision:
    Take Necro if you want ele as secondspec, take Venthyr if you want enhancer as second spec.