Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    What was wrong with the other thread? I mean Dark Hunters as a new class because of the bow was absolutely defeated. Is there a need to rehash it all again so the idea can be beaten again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    I think it’s norm+ as there’s an item to upgrade the ilvl
    It’s all levels according to Wowhead’s datamining. The LFR version is lower ilevel though

Assuming they add any more classes at all it'd be really strange to discount the possibility of Dark Ranger. Seems as plausible as anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by THC BANDIT View Post
    Do you think this is a sign of dark rangers coming at some point? maybe not this expansion.

Or do you think its just something to give us because she is a raidboss and will ofcourse drop her weapon upon being killed. I think its a pretty cool drop and it does look pretty wicked

https://ptr.wowhead.com/item=186414/...per?bonus=6805
    Sylvanas featuring in 4 cinematics, showcasing her abilities, is evidence enough.

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Dark Rangers are already in the game and they are called Hunters
    Not exactly.
    If there is no room for another bow class, then there shouldn't be any room for any other [select weapon] class that is already being used by others.
    I know it looks like Dark Rangers are just shadow painted Hunters, but honestly the Ranger archetype should be removed from the Hunter to make room for a Dark Ranger/Priestess of the Moon class. Meanwhile, the Hunter can remain based on the dual-wielding axes beastmaster, the explosives using and gun wielding sapper and the spear hurling headhunter.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Every hunter with this bow will be a dark ranger.
    Just 1 ability makes you an entire archetype?

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    They seriously aren't as similiar as Dark Rangers are to Hunters.
    Warlock were, with Metamorphosis based spec.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Dark rangers aren't happening. From both lore and a gameplay standpoint, they are literally just undead elf hunters.
    Jesus christ... you're repeating the same mantra. Go look at specific abilities and then come back here. Cuz the Hunter hasn't got any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    If they say no to necromancers they have to say no to fucking dark rangers too.
    What? why?
    What do they have to do with each other?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    I hope not. There are more original class ideas. This would feel... Bland...
    Not if you combine it with the Priestess of the Moon (Night Warrior) and the Warden.

Quote Originally Posted by SynDethroc View Post
    Highly unlikely. Plus, a Dark Ranger would be a new hunter spec at best; there's nowhere near enough substance for it to ever be its own class.
    Really? go have a look:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...pecializations
    (second class)

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post

Not if you combine it with the Priestess of the Moon (Night Warrior) and the Warden.

Those, together with Shadowhunter, would be a good adition for the 4th spec concept. Not for a stand-alone class.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    Those, together with Shadowhunter, would be a good adition for the 4th spec concept. Not for a stand-alone class.
    No, actually. They would be good additions for a standalone classes, like the Death Knight, Monk and Demon Hunter were. Especially the Shadow Hunter, which i view as the most unique and interesting out of all of them.
    For a 4th spec suggestions, look at my thread:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...pecializations

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    Assuming they add any more classes at all it'd be really strange to discount the possibility of Dark Ranger. Seems as plausible as anything else.
    Yes I kinda agree, Its the lack of creativy of people when they say we already have them.

Literally any archtype is possible at this point. Opinions are irrelevant.

Please stop spreading false logic. Blizzard already answered this type of question, while back, in a QnA, but it was a different class.

TLDR: Blizzard can make a Dark Ranger and justify that the class is using different powers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could u make it? Sure. But only limited to forsaken, be, and ne. Since they are the undead races.

How does one make it different from hunter? Pretty easily. Only one spec would be close to it, and that would be the pet based spec (but with undead) and marksmanship involved.

Outside of it, I'd say that another spec would be more like ranged demon hunter with meta being banshee/shadow form.

And last spec being melee dps or tank. (Ya see alot of dark rangers using two swords). Hell make it based on Lillian Voss if you want.

Finally, they could simply make hunter marksman involve half of the kit as an end talent. (Path of the dark ranger, gives black arrow that randomly summons skele, and you get to tame undead, and maybe siphoning shot)

10+ Year Old Account
    Necromancers or bust. Introduce them in the last patch of this expansion to make the gap between this expansion and the next more tolerable and we are good.

I can see some people are annoyed that i made this topic im sorry if it has been discussed before didnt see that and thats my fault, hope no one is too mad. I just got all hyped up when i saw the weapon so my brain made some crazy ideas and just wanted to hear if there was any merit to them hehe have a good day guys

7+ Year Old Account
    What? why?
    What do they have to do with each other?
    Because necromancers are way more of a standalone class, with way more unique themes, concept and fantasy, yet, they said it is already in death knight

if that is true then give hunters dark arrow and call a day, because they ahve way less "uniqueness" than necromancers.

Do you think this is a sign of dark rangers coming at some point? maybe not this expansion.

Or do you think its just something to give us because she is a raidboss and will ofcourse drop her weapon upon being killed. I think its a pretty cool drop and it does look pretty wicked

I definlty think this is a sign that we are calling goodnight to sylvanas and her story and goodbye to dark ranger fantasy, for which im hyped since having 2 seperate form of hunter classes is dumb

10+ Year Old Account
    True. Blizzard has shown that they view everyone who ever wielded a ranged weapon is a subset of 'hunter'. Kinda sucks TBH.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas featuring in 4 cinematics, showcasing her abilities, is evidence enough.
    Evidence of what?
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Savant View Post
    Please stop spreading false logic. Blizzard already answered this type of question, while back, in a QnA, but it was a different class.

TLDR: Blizzard can make a Dark Ranger and justify that the class is using different powers.
    Dark Rangers are Hunters

I just made an Undead MM Hunter she is a Dark Ranger.

7+ Year Old Account
    Dark Rangers are Hunters

I also have a Bloodelf BM Huntress and she is also a Dark Ranger! Can't wait for the bow in 9.1.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Because necromancers are way more of a standalone class, with way more unique themes, concept and fantasy, yet, they said it is already in death knight

if that is true then give hunters dark arrow and call a day, because they ahve way less "uniqueness" than necromancers.
    Yes, and how is that? What is there that isn't covered by the Death Knight?

Quote Originally Posted by shaqar View Post
    I definlty think this is a sign that we are calling goodnight to sylvanas and her story and goodbye to dark ranger fantasy, for which im hyped since having 2 seperate form of hunter classes is dumb
    There won't be 2 separate forms of hunter classes if you take that aspect from the hunter out.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Evidence of what?
    An attempt to hint.

Dark Rangers are Hunters

You're just playing make believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    I also have a Bloodelf BM Huntress and she is also a Dark Ranger! Can't wait for the bow in 9.1.
    How is a Dark Ranger BM Hunter?

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, and how is that? What is there that isn't covered by the Death Knight?
    everything else that is not "summon a ghoul"