Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    Sounds great except for another dungeon I will have to wait until it gets added to LFG before I do it. Mythic only dungeons should never be a part of the game.
    If you can't do baseline mythic dungeons at this point.....idk what to tell you. They're easier than Cata heroics.

There pushing the patch because they realize how many there losing to ff 14 and dont want to give them enough time to get hooked. Get ready for a bug filled patch and so many issues. You saw it here first granted im happy for 9.1 because of flying

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    At this point for the patch? Yes nothing should have. Shadowlands itself had the initial hit from Covid and the previous wildfires had a few big ones near their offices which people who work there probably live in the outskirts. Covid shouldn't have been an issue for a company as big as they are since pretty much last summer or earlier. A lot of companies had work from home up and running may 2020.
    Yeahp, they just had a 7 month drought for funsies. Nothing impacted it, nope.

Seriously, I got a bridge to sell, located in China. The first ever patch developed entirely through at-home labour, and some think it had no effect...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2021-06-17 at 08:43 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    No bosses were skipped. You still had to do them all. You are right otherwise though. Mythic only content should never exist.
    I am not sure how the gearing is for Season 2 but world quest content would allow you to out gear mythic 0 for 9.0. So the only issues with it being mythic only is that you can't auto queue for it. If they keep the gear requirements the same for future expansions they should unlock the ability to auto queue for M0 instances. They are not that hard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xxdprussxx View Post
    There pushing the patch because they realize how many there losing to ff 14 and dont want to give them enough time to get hooked. Get ready for a bug filled patch and so many issues. You saw it here first granted im happy for 9.1 because of flying
    That isn't an original thought. And if Blizzard was trying to stop people from going to FF14 then they would have timed the patch around a date important to FF14.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Not surprising. It's all done on the PTR anyways, and has been for some weeks.

Maybe I'll get my ven'ari rep up from friendly this time.

You know... I think in going to keep playing FFXIV instead. Just started and having a blast. 9.1 doesn't really offer me anything I really want to engage with.

Sad thing to say considering this is the first time I've chosen another game over a WoW patch.

9.1 to wait on 9.2
    LOL

Come back to the Maw for BS scrub waste and mindless grinding for lame trinkets? Naw fuck that, this game is too stale. I'll check back when the next expansion goes live around November 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Yeahp, they just had a 7 month drought for funsies. Nothing impacted it, nope.

Seriously, I got a bridge to sell, located in China. The first ever patch developed entirely through at-home labour, and some think it had no effect...
    Actually no, it shouldn't have. People can be more productive working from home assuming they actually do it correctly(not trying to also do home tasks while there) as you're more comfortable. I mean the thing I think has been the laziest in SL is the gear in terms of cosmetics and yet looking back to BfA it started there. This had nothing to do with covid or rather shouldn't have. It's internal nonsense and poor management.

But hey go to ad hominem attacks more without actually providing evidence that covid still should have had an impact while other companies have more than recovered.

It's long past time to stop blaming covid for the failings of industries that have had little impact from lack of social contact. Sure a restaurant is still struggling right now? Ok covid(but even then delivery services have shined and helped).

10+ Year Old Account
    LoL all of the new content is time gated until July 6th.

it's it actually ready?? or they are not just rushing the release cuz ffxiv is over take them.

Quote Originally Posted by PingPong View Post
    it's it actually ready?? or they are not just rushing the release cuz ffxiv is over take them.
    They funny enough don't have much to rush, this patch is wierdly small.

Woo hoo, a new patch!
    A mega dungeon thats already redundant since blizzard gave it bad gear so people wouldn't feel like mythic+ is being ignored.
    A new zone that'll take two months for us to see all the content and story elements for. Which is also smaller than past patch new zones.
    No updates to Torghast other than a score system with no rewards attached and a talent system which is essentially just there to justify the pointless scoring system.
    Mythic+ rating! A system universally hated for being so badly done!
    And a raid with more recycled content than any mainline raid.... ever!
    SO MUCH CONTENT.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

At this point for the patch? Yes nothing should have. Shadowlands itself had the initial hit from Covid and the previous wildfires had a few big ones near their offices which people who work there probably live in the outskirts. Covid shouldn't have been an issue for a company as big as they are since pretty much last summer or earlier. A lot of companies had work from home up and running may 2020.
    Of course not, stuff like that's internal company policy, anyone whose discovered releasing that info will be instantly fired.

I took a 2 month break of wow, actually from all gaming. And I am really glad I did, 2 days if being back and the patch is announced. Now I got time to relearn my keybinds and enjoy my favorite game again.

Judging from the comments, I think such a break would have been beneficial for others here too

Doesn't this patch, add another new currency and some new systems? Ugh.

9.1 will be old hat in two months time, and the game will become a ghost town again by September, with nothing to do, until 9.2 in 2022.

And even with flying, it's still kind of bad, because to go from each new zone to the next, you are forced to fly through Oribos for no frigging reason whatsoever, you can't hop on your flying mount and just fly from like the shore of like Maldraxxus to Bastion. And no Flight Whistle, ugh.

Sh!ttylands
    Last edited by Zorachus; 2021-06-17 at 10:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a mythic raider, I am very excited. The raid has been quite fun to test and I will have a blast there. Cannot wait for the patch!

Quote Originally Posted by Basileus View Post
    As a mythic raider, I am very excited. The raid has been quite fun to test and I will have a blast there. Cannot wait for the patch!
    For a few months. Then back to saying it’s the worst raid ever for. A year until the next raid.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    And even with flying, it's still kind of bad, because to go from each new zone to the next, you are forced to fly through Oribos for no frigging reason whatsoever, you can't hop on your flying mount and just fly from like the shore of like Maldraxxus to Bastion. And no Flight Whistle, ugh.
    You should be able to fly between the zones since you can glide into the maw from some zones. I haven't seen anyone test flying that way though. It wouldbe quicker to use the portal from flight master though since everything is spread out.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I thought they would go straight to the next expansion.

Actually no, it shouldn't have. People can be more productive working from home assuming they actually do it correctly(not trying to also do home tasks while there) as you're more comfortable. I mean the thing I think has been the laziest in SL is the gear in terms of cosmetics and yet looking back to BfA it started there. This had nothing to do with covid or rather shouldn't have. It's internal nonsense and poor management.

But hey go to ad hominem attacks more without actually providing evidence that covid still should have had an impact while other companies have more than recovered.

It's long past time to stop blaming covid for the failings of industries that have had little impact from lack of social contact. Sure a restaurant is still struggling right now? Ok covid(but even then delivery services have shined and helped).
    Internal nonsense and poor management might well be an ingredient since it's an unprecedented reality for the company, but to pretend that the Pandemic has no valid blame in it all is simply not credible. I've seen people yell and scream in our store about shit that very much became a thing due to the pandemic, refusing to believe it to be so because their feelings wants there to be "discrimination" or "laziness" from the staff or "bad management". Something they can scream about to our faces rather than cool down and accept that shit happens, everyone's had to adapt. And shocker, none of them have a single fraction of insight as to how things that they're screaming about, function.

Correlation. Does it automatically mean causation? No, but in this case it makes a hell of a lot more sense than a hundred different opinions from randoms on MMO-C, all with their own particular axe to grind as far as the game goes.