Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I just hope this .1 patch does not play out like previous .1 patches, as the time taken is too long and people are... 'passionate' about the game now with the delay its ofc overly late for the .1 stop gap, .2 needs to be soon, for everyones mental health, developers and gamers.

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    hey, i have a job above 60 but just one i believe. i ended up not really liking it too much and took a break. i recently started wanting to try out samurai and some other classes. can i still play the non-60 jobs even though i have one above 60?
    Not sure man... I bought and subbed during the 7 day trial several years ago. I know once you have a sub the new free trial is closed for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilsamee View Post
    grinding in a mmo? thats strange go play another game if nothing interest u. no need to cry and make a post about it. go do something else instead of wasting your time here
    There is difference in grinding and having that grind longetivity over entire expansion and grind to see your effort invalidated by every single path. Seasons do no belongs into mmo game.

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    Step 1: post mindless hate with nothing critical
    step 2: Tell anyone that disagrees they suck blizzard dick

I don't have blizzards "dick" in my throat child, I just don't play/perpetually stick around to bitch about a game I don't enjoy. Not sorry I enjoy wow, sorry you continue to stick around like an abused spouse that can't escape for some reason.
    Patch 9.1 (imo) is clearly an infinite loop of what we've done since SL was released. Of course we have some news... but none of them seem to be worth the time wasted.
    "Champion, you loved farming 40 renows, right?! Okay, have another 40 renows AGAIN!!"
    "Champion, you loved following 9 pretty grueling chapters of your covenant's "super meh" story, right??!! Okay, take another 9 chapters to farm ...AGAIN"
    Seriously... did anyone really ask for this??
    Well, I have this strong feeling in patch 9.1:
    It's this feeling that I'm deleting everything I did with my char and restarting from lvl-1.
    This doesn't seem like fun at all.
    But I have nothing against anyone having fun with this kind of thing.
    PEACE!
    Last edited by Fantazma; 2021-06-17 at 08:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    I feel you man. Nothing has me excited for this patch. Honestly, try Final Fantasy XIV... free trial goes up to level 60 with each job (class). It's a much better experience than WoW.
    It is both a better and worst experience.

But yeah OP, check FFXIV out. It will definitely scratch some of those itches. I love the story focus.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

7+ Year Old Account
    If you don't like what wow is now why do you think that's going to change next patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    A new raid is really all I need, a new dungeon is a cool plus as well. Anything else is really just filler side content that I still do (because I enjoy it) but the meat and potatoes is the raid.
    This. As long as the raid is good, I can live with the rest not being great.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    Patch 9.1 (imo) is clearly an infinite loop of what we've done since SL was released. Of course we have some news... but none of them seem to be worth the time wasted.
    "Champion, you loved farming 40 renows, right?! Okay, have another 40 renows AGAIN!!"
    "Champion, you loved following 9 pretty grueling chapters of your covenant's "super meh" story, right??!! Okay, take another 9 chapters to farm ...AGAIN"
    Seriously... did anyone really ask for this??
    I mean yeah, but there is also a new raid, new dungeon, new zone, new story, new M+ season, mounts etc. It sounds like you don't enjoy WoW, as this patch is the same basic formula they have used for their patch cycles (with the new additions like renown and covenants chapters) they have used forever. You choose to focus only on the things you hate, instead of all the things in the patch makes me think you need to take a break, from WoW and these forums.

Well, I have this strong feeling in patch 9.1:
    It's this feeling that I'm deleting everything I did with my char and restarting from lvl-1.
    This doesn't seem like fun at all.
    But I have nothing against having fun like that.
    PEACE!
    ??? How, the gear treadmill has been in the game since VANILLA, new story in a patch again VANILLA. The only big change is the weekly capped renown, that take like 20 minutes to do (OH NOW HOW WILL YOU SURVIVE?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!), and the nine GRUELING covenant chapters(WHAT the fuck does even mean, they take like 30 minutes to do at most, and are just guided quests basically). Seriously take a break from the game and these forums because what you are typing makes literally no sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure what you're expecting? WoW patches have been pretty much the same since it's incarnation, and if you haven't figured that out yet, I don't know what to tell you. Some are just bigger than others, and this one is seemingly pretty big.

Just quit the fucking game if you don't like it. It's not like other MMOs offer anything really different. All of them have you collecting fucking shit, and the only difference is WoW releases far more raid/dungeon content while probably having an inferior story.

The only reason I don't hop into other MMOs is because not a single one has superior responsiveness as far as gameplay is concerned to a game that was made in 2004 (I've played most of them). Some likely have far better stories, but if I wanted a good story I'd just play a fucking single player game. Raid and dungeon content with a side of PvP (arena) is all I care about, and most MMOs don't even come close to WoW in that department (with some not even having the option of PvP).

If WoW sucks to you just play a new game and stop pretending that something revolutionary is going to happen. If you sink enough time into another MMO, depending on what type of player you truly are, you're going to reach a point where the content is just fucking achievements/mounts/toys once the new car feeling of the game wears off.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    Not sure man... I bought and subbed during the 7 day trial several years ago. I know once you have a sub the new free trial is closed for you.
    ok, that should answer my question then. i played ff first like 2 years ago and then again in feb. so it's likely i can't try those classes for free without making a new account.

Jesus, man. It's not about the value of the product. If someone sells you a pizza for only $3 and when you bite into it you realize there's goat shit on this pizza... you'd be pleased if the seller just says "Of course you're eating shit. You only paid $3." ?
    That's not how things work. If you believe that's how it is I'm sorry.
    We're half a lifetime waiting for a patch that CLEARLY just repeats the same dull content and grind we did last year.
    The rewards in exchange for this looping didn't please me.
    But it's alright. I don't have a problem with anyone who likes this kind of thing. If everything went well in this system they wouldn't have to resurrect old systems (Classic, TBC) to stop the bleeding in the player base.
    You pay 63c a day for the game as is. It's in the EULA. Blizzard is under no obligation to EVER add new content or even fix bugs. As is. If you don't feel it's worth it to you, stop paying. But coming on here and whining to others that you don't feel appreciated as a customer is Karen attitude. I work retail. I see people like you every day. And I tell them to get out of my store.

As for the rest. You really are an entitled bitch, aren't you. You whine and moan for the good old days, and when you get it, that still isn't good enough for you, is it? You have to throw a trite zinger than they only gave you what you want because something else they're giving you isn't to your liking. And then complain about their customer service for giving you what you wanted.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

It's the same as it has been for 16 fucking years.

No wonder you(we, I should say we) guys think its boring. I do, but hey, new raid, new mega dungeon, *gasp* a reason to go to the Maw are(!) so its the same ol, same ol.

15+ Year Old Account
    Patch 9.1 (imo) is clearly an infinite loop of what we've done since SL was released.
    How is that different from past patches and expansions? Hero we have this rep for you to farm. Hero we have this raid for you to farm. Hero we have this daily quest hub for you to farm. WoW has always been a infinite loop of the same things. If you no longer put value on that stuff that it is time to reconsider why you are playing the game and if it is time to stop playing the game.

How you value your money is always something that is up to you. I still get enough value from the game even if I don't play much some weeks that a 6-month subscription is still worth it. When it is no of value to me then I'll move to a month to month or no subscription.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2021-06-17 at 08:52 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    Seriously take a break from the game and these forums because what you are typing makes literally no sense .

Buddy, it seems this "no sense" thing is pretty subjective.
    I belong to this group (which is nothing small) of WoW players who want to keep having fun with an MMO without having to go far away from WoW. That's why I complain about what I find tiring, boring and a total waste of time.
    If you think to farm 40 more renows (for every toon you play), 9 more covenant chapters (for every toon you play) among several other things I'm forgetting to say here (for every toon you play) .. .and for you this is simple and fun... our only problem here is the value each of us places on our particular time.
    Let's not fight about it.
    The world is like that.
    Some people pay for fun... just to have fun, without suffering.
    Others only have fun... if there is suffering.
    These two people are different.
    And when Blizzard chooses to please one of them... it's excluding the other. As a profit-oriented company... I would rethink this strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilsamee View Post
    grinding in a mmo? thats strange go play another game if nothing interest u. no need to cry and make a post about it. go do something else instead of wasting your time here
    Why do you say someone "cries" if they give their opinion/critique?

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    How is that different from past patches and expansions? .
    No difference (the problem is with me that I expected some difference).

For the players that will play 9.1 have fun, you still enjoy the game so have the best fun from it

Has for me, stopped near mid January and this 9.1 nothing make me come back
    - flying? shitty zones dont care about seeing above
    - mega dungeon ? boring after a week or two at max
    - raid? looks shit, guild is gone and i wont even bother to search for another for this raid and i can see the fights from youtube if i care
    - maw? do i have to say anything?
    - lore? will be all over internet/youtube of anything meaningful

Just my reasons, not trying to make anyone not playing and i repeat, if you will play 9.1 have the best fun you can get

peace

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    "Game vs. Game" type threads don't tend to produce much in the way of constructive discussion or debate. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead