Would you eat cicadas?

I heard you can dip em in cohoclate for atasty treat and that they are protein rich desu

I mean...if you dip it in chocolate, you're not really eating a cicada. You're eating crunchy chocolate.

But I don't know. Raw? Definitely not. But I'd probably eat it if it was properly cooked/processed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    I heard you can dip em in cohoclate for atasty treat and that they are protein rich desu
    I'd rather buy normal food but if I was broke and food was scarce and cicadas were almost free then yeah I could eat them. I've thought a lot of healthy foods were gross at first but I've always managed to acquire the taste through repetition and normalization.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    No. I wouldn’t eat any bug.
    Hope you've never looked at (or eaten) shrimp, then.

7+ Year Old Account
    Only out of necessity, and only the small ones.

The giant ones freak me out.

Formerly known as Arafal

If they taste good cooked, then why not?

10+ Year Old Account
    No, we don't really have any here any way.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    I better be starving in the woods, otherwise, hell no.
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

Starvation can make anything appealing to me. Although eating the tarantulas in Cambodia...damn

I am fairly adventurous with food. I would be willing to try some if they were properly prepared even without starvation being a factor. I have eaten other bugs, smoked crickets are ok but annoying how they get stuck between the teeth, the scorpion I tried didn't have much flavor on its own (only tasted the seasoning), and the silk worms were awful, not sure if it was jsut how they were prepped but they were bad enough I don't even want to try them again to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Starvation can make anything appealing to me. Although eating the tarantulas in Cambodia...damn
    Think I'd rather choose the starve to death option than that. Just...no..
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Bugs, no thanks... sooner go vegan. Indian dishes cover nicely if I went full vegan.

As a choice? no.

I tried some chocolate-dipped ones, tasted the same as regular crunchy chocolate. The idea of eating a cicada didn't disgust me after that, so I believe I shall test one without chocolate when I get a convenient chance for it.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sure
    .. when I ran out of Gin & Tonic as nutrient source
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Alliance

Honestly, I really hate eating insects, but I would try something tasty, as long as it wasn't alive.