Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    first time was in retail classic, aq 40 era. my guild disbanded right after we kill instructor, sadly.

last time was in mop. we were rocking the charts on ravencrest-eu horde side. that was a thing back in the days.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

TBC from third patch and onwards, 'till i stopped in early cata.

Restarted at the end of WoD
    Had decent gear again from Legion forward, though nothing close to full BiS it was always servicable, but the inconvenience surrounding access to rated pvp (and until recently: pvp gear acquisition) has always meant that it was neither here nor there, as i no linger had a rating to speak of, never comitting to WoW long enough to bother finding fitting teammates. My volatile health also does the... reliability of my skills no favors.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

First and last time, the AQ40 days in vanilla

Nothing like that weight off your shoulders when you're fully decked out, you definitely move through the world differently lol

15+ Year Old Account
    theres been a few times but last time was probably my last time hardcore raiding with my old guild. So it would have to be Heroic ICC in wrath, had full BIS on my firemage.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    yes, I am aware, hence the Sintharia is Sinestra. Wowwiki however list Sinestra and Sindragosa as sisters.

What wow fansite is correct? I know I don't care. It was just an example of its easy saying the wrong name.

https://wowwiki-archive.fandom.com/wiki/Sintharia
    Sindragosa (sister)
    First of all, your first problem is using wowwiki instead of wowpedia. Second, you should've noticed it was mentioning pretty much every named dragon connected to the Aspects as family by virtue of them being related to an Aspect. There's no blood relation between any of the Aspects besides Alexstrasza and Ysera being siblings. Sindragosa being Malygos's mate and Sintharia/Sinestra being Neltharion/Deathwing's does not make them sisters.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

First time was back in BT/Sunwell, one of the best geared warriors on the server (oh the memories). Kinda had a lull between Cata-Wod where I didn't do highest level raiding so was fairly casual but Legion/BFA/Shadowlands I've pretty much been decked out as well.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    same here, I found it much more fun to level up alts and gear them to a quick point of diminishing returns than no life one character.
    That sounds a lot like me too.
    I'm a crazy taco.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never. Always missed out on a few pieces. Never had an issue parsing above my weight, though it'd have been nice to have BiS.

*minor caveat, I had a full set of BiS gear, just not fully WTForged, during Hellfire Citadel. So not technically BiS.
    Last edited by Indigenously Abled; 2021-06-23 at 03:33 AM.
    Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.

Came very close in Ny'alotha. Was incredibly lucky with some drops, and had an easy corruption setup to target. The only thing I was really missing was one ring - and of course some sockets, since I couldn't stomach grinding out more Visions.

I don't think I've ever been literally full best in slot. I've been within one piece before - Illustration of the Dragon Soul just would not drop. More recently, I was probably 3-4 pieces away in both 8.2 and 8.3.

5+ Year Old Account
    Like the OP:

Was decked in 25man Naxx gear during early Wrath times (3.0) as Prot Warrior

Last time was launch of BfA (9.0) where I got BiS Mythic 0 gear (super lucky drops) as Resto Shaman
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

never BiS, but always maxxed for the content I do since wrath. Just never broke into 25 man raiding. Did all the maxx 10 stuff and heroic now. I try to punch above my weight when i can.

Probably in Wrath and Cata. In Wrath I had the best gear from ICC, but as I focused on frost, and we had a roll off for who went for Shadowmourne (Ret Pally won) I didn't get the Lego. However, in Cata - best gear including the Lego Rogue Daggers. Good quest series for those too btw.

Actually - was Cata the last time we had to *work* for a final full powered legendary - staff and daggers?
    "The further a society drifts from the truth the more it will hate those who speak it" - George Orwell

I don't think I've ever been literally full best in slot. I've been within one piece before - Illustration of the Dragon Soul just would not drop.
    More recently, I was probably 3-4 pieces away in 8.3. Didn't have mythic n'zoth gear, or the BiS azerite helm at mythic.

Never, I get to around 98% isch then it's too much effort for very little gain... I even pass loot to others in raids because there is such a little boost, its a waste.

I usually get to this point quickly after a patch or expansion launch in relative terms then I raidlog. Feels good tbh, means I can experience other things and not get tired of wow without falling behind.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

First time was ICC, had BiS on my rogue. Last time was Dragon Soul, had BiS on my Protwarr. Gave up raiding after that

Wrath and Cata. At this point, I've spent more time not playing WoW than I have playing it.

I had a full PvP set in Cata when the arena rating requirements were removed. I was a pure cretin in the so called "world PvP".