Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

9.1 has taken so long to arrive, I feel like there should be more cool stuff to chase

Maybe Legion just spoiled us way too much, but I really expected this expansion to be able to embark on some kind of quest as a Death Knight to forge a new Runeblade (or "Mourneblade"... such a dumb name...). Maldraxxus kinda-sorta involves that, but it's not something you actually use, and it's tiny anyways, and EVERYONE forged the same thing.

Not to suggest ONLY Death Knights get something cool, mind you. But certainly, this seems like the expansion to have a particularly cool Runeblade, even if it's largely just a cosmetic. Or hell, even a "replica" of Frostmourne to unlock somehow.

And previously, this could be justified as "well there's still plenty of time for that, 9.1 is just the first patch". But holy fuck has this patch been a long, painful wait. Eventually, it reaches a point where expectations start to rise, and even when 9.1 was first revealed I was honestly pretty underwhelmed.

For as long a wait as we've been in for, it seems like they would do well to at least "plant some seeds" for some truly cool shit for us to pursue.

Like, for DK's, give us a quest where we start logging various Runes we come across in the Shadowlands, alluding to us eventually forging a badass new Runeblade. Maybe randomly when killing bosses or elite mobs in raids and dungeons, Warriors have a chance to encounter the spirits of great warriors passed, each speaking of some prophesied badass weapon. Druids maybe discover some sort of connection between the Shadowlands and the Emerald Dream, Shamans can speak to new elemental spirits or commune with the ancestors... so on, so forth.

Nothing that equates to a "real quest-chain for something cool", but just kind of setting the stage for cool stuff in the NEXT patch. You know, whenever the fuck THAT winds up being. Go ahead and give us a long-ass grind, so that whenever the next patch comes out, we have cool rewards to look forward to.

Just my two cents.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    But certainly, this seems like the expansion to have a particularly cool Runeblade, even if it's largely just a cosmetic.
    Enjoy the stone-looking weapons and leggos recolors in 9.1, because disappointing as they are, THAT is the only thing to look forward to in terms of aesthetics. Alternatively, you can grind some of the 235095438296 mounts they've been introducing since some years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

5+ Year Old Account
    Give it a few seconds and people will come saying: "But this is the largest .1 path eva" Conveniently forgetting that we are almost past the time where .2 patches came.

Why? the games at its most profitable even with player drop offs. They have no reason to try when people have no standards and pay anyway. Why expect it now?

Blizzard needs to at least add story patches between raid tiers to keep interest for casuals. No idea why they are so set on story only progressing when the next raid is released.
    It shows that lore/story is just not of their priorities that they care about. All they care about is an "epic" cinematic to try to get people to sub for the raid.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2021-06-14 at 08:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Blizzard needs to at least add story patches between raid tiers to keep interest for casuals. No idea why they are so set on story only progressing when the next raid is released.

That would be pretty neat. I wouldn't mind content added in ".5" patches with cool world events, quests, or small holiday-event like things that are story driven.

I'm speaking purely for myself here, but I've never been ready for the next expansion this early before. Shadowlands has some good elements but overall it just doesn't appeal to me. Idk, maybe it's just time to move on too.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Give it a few seconds and people will come saying: "But this is the largest .1 path eva" Conveniently forgetting that we are almost past the time where .2 patches came.
    7.2 came out 8 months after Legion launch. And imo that was too soon. And we're not 8 months into SL. But yeah, use your hyperbole and lies that clearly shows your bias.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Why? the games at its most profitable even with player drop offs. They have no reason to try when people have no standards and pay anyway. Why expect it now?
    You're right and I don't like it.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    7.2 came out 8 months after Legion launch. And imo that was too soon. And we're not 8 months into SL. But yeah, use your hyperbole and lies that clearly shows your bias.
    How does this disprove anything I said?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Blizzard needs to at least add story patches between raid tiers to keep interest for casuals.
    While not interested in the story, i can tell you why it is the way it is: because lore is mostly reserved for the books. If blizz were to make story patches, they would need to take the lore in the books and transfer it into the game, which in return would lower their print media income.

That being said, fuck the books, give us the story in-game!

When I look at 9.1's content I basically see one or two afternoons of clearing the raid on normal or waiting for all the LFR wings to be out and doing the new dungeon. I'm already bored of the patch and it's not out yet.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    When I look at 9.1's content I basically see one or two afternoons of clearing the raid on normal or waiting for all the LFR wings to be out and doing the new dungeon. I'm already bored of the patch and it's not out yet.
    If you play only new raids and new dungeons, new patch will give you only new raid. Sometimes new dungeon. More news at 11.

I'd be fine with longer patches
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

They could maybe have released parts of 9.1 earlier that were ready rather than releasing the entire thing at once. I do think that Blizzard expects TBC Classic to be the game that occupies most WoW players, and when the hype dies down they see an opportunity to reveal its release date.

Having some cool stuff to chase after would be fun though, at least it would be way more fun than farming anima and Soul Ash. I doubt that a lot of people really care about the story.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    But yeah, use your hyperbole and lies that clearly shows your bias.
    Hyperbole is not a fancy way of saying exaggerated. In order for something to be hyperbole it has to be exaggerated to an unrealistic degree. If he had said that the .1 patch is taking so long that all of us will be covered in moss when it's released, that would have been hyperbole.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    How does this disprove anything I said?
    "Give it a few seconds and people will come saying: "But this is the largest .1 path eva" Conveniently forgetting that we are almost past the time where .2 patches came."

"We're almost past the time when .2 patches out." Straight up wrong. There's also this little thing called a pandemic going on , maybe you've heard about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    Hyperbole is not a fancy way of saying exaggerated. In order for something to be hyperbole it has to be exaggerated to an unrealistic degree. If he had said that the .1 patch is taking so long that all of us will be covered in moss when it's released, that would have been hyperbole.
    Go check the dates yourself. How many months wrong does he have to be for it to be hyperbole in your book?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Enjoy the stone-looking weapons and leggos recolors in 9.1, because disappointing as they are, THAT is the only thing to look forward to in terms of aesthetics. Alternatively, you can grind some of the 235095438296 mounts they've been introducing since some years ago.
    or you could stop playing something you seem to dislike. lemme guess, you already did and just spend time crying about how blizzard did everything wrong. must be nice to have all that free time huh?

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    While not interested in the story, i can tell you why it is the way it is: because lore is mostly reserved for the books. If blizz were to make story patches, they would need to take the lore in the books and transfer it into the game, which in return would lower their print media income.

That being said, fuck the books, give us the story in-game!
    indeed i cant remember the last time i read a book

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    or you could stop playing something you seem to dislike. lemme guess, you already did and just spend time crying about how blizzard did everything wrong. must be nice to have all that free time huh?
    Thanks for the unsolicited advice, because I've already done so as far as retail goes.

Oh, since we are in the unsolicited advices business, try to not randomly guess things about people you don't even know, since it makes you look bad. Like really, really bad.

Belono sil'aru, belore'dorei
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.