Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dunkl View Post
    We cast the same looking stuff no matter the culture. Night elf priest’s spells and abilities should be moonlight inspired, with beams and glows and moon wells/statues. Not old god or whatever.

Race-specific, culture-appropriate spell and ability visuals, animations and sound effects.

Sun walkers and seers, Tauren ‘paladins’ and sun priests, should have sunlit and warm themes. Calling golden firebirds down from the sky that sail toward the target, animations that have the kneeling playfully, calling a sunbeam, manifesting a fire whip, fiery feathers and sunny animals, drum beats during some abilities for sound effects etc

Night elf Druid’s tranquillity calls the calm of night to the sound of woodland growls or cricket chirps, or to the dreamy plucks of harp strings. And their efflorescence places a lantern that calls a moonbeam or a gently hooting owl soaring around, or to the soothing sounds of a wind chime.

While a tauren’s tranquility may be to play a wood pipe or raise a magical leaf or feather into the air and call an inspiriting whirlwind of colorful leaves or flowers, refreshing the weary, and their efflorescence could be to kneel or beat a drum to grow a patch of meadow grass or wheat that grows and heals.

A highmountain Tauren’s tranquility could be be playing a pine flute carved from the branch of a pine tree, which calls the snowy winds down from the mountain, reinvigorating friends, and for efflorescence they toss a pine one or magical seed to the area and a small pine tree sprouts upward and grows while refreshing, cool scented winds, or eagles soar around.

All these cultures that blizzard has created yet does little with. They could even keep the default visuals for those who want to use them.

Our peoples would have their own version of these arts, based on each race and culture’s beliefs, traditions, ideals, landscapes, histories, affinities, etc, not just forms and totems.

Nightborne mages animation should move more elegantly like olden day French dance and etiquette, and be more night themed with stars swirling within their dusky spells, and be accompanied by hovering tomes that flit through their pages and quills that scribble in the air, while melee animations would have a flare skin to fencing maneuvers.

Blizzard could overhaul this over time like updated models and trickle them in which would be exciting or all at once as an expansion feature. It needs to be done, I’m a long time player but this is the only thing that a Blizzcon reveal would get me excited for.

Even night warrior customization is empty if the race’s/culture’s class copy pastes every other race’s/culture’s spells and abilities, forsaking and betraying the history and traditions and beliefs and adeptness and development of a race’s/culture’s honed version of their art, as well as us players, and missing a necessary opportunity.

This would be truly exciting and breath life we haven’t seen in the game for a long time, and into upcoming blizzcons and expansions.
    It’s moon and star for them. Not just moon.

The idea is the night sky because they are night elves.

The moon is the biggest light in the night sky, but the stars are also there.

Tyrande, the druids, the arcane civilization. Stars are the common focus. While the moon is the biggest symbol of Elune, the rest are stars.

I love your ideas though. However what makes you think the night warrior is copying?

It’s star & moon based and and void (night). Like the void of space - the dark side of the moon is space really where the light isn’t shining it’s the rest of the night. Night elves always had connection to this, the shadows of the night elf, are not death shadows, but night shadows, as in void. But not twisting nether void but outer space void, night sky void, the space between the stars

So it’s not borrowing. Void elves only focus on the void out there (interstellar) - there is no planetary night common to the void. It’s extra planetary dark space , twisting nether whereas night elves it’s great dark beyond. Blizzard has fleshed out the void recently, before they did we thought it was all the same thing.. but it is definitely different.

Void elves and Nightborne are derived races. They are sub groups, focusing or narrowing in one particular aspect of the parent group. With a degree of uniqueness but I think the point is just to give a different model.

You are going to see arcane in night elves and blood elves, Nightborne having it as it’s focus doesn’t mean when night elves or blood elves get focus on it they are borrowing off Nightborne.

If it’s in Nightborne it will be in the parent group
    If it’s in void elves it will be in the parent group

Every Nightborne came from night elves and every void elf came from blood elves
    Last edited by Beloren; 2021-06-19 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    She'll do one cool thing as Night Warrior, then lose the powers and convert to world peace, deciding she needs to help the night elves rebuild. This'll mark her moving from seething to coping.
    I'm sure she'll stay skeptical of the Horde even after she "loses" her Night Warrior powers. The Alliance/Horde conflict has to stay alive somehow, and I see her and Genn being the instigators.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    I'm sure she'll stay skeptical of the Horde even after she "loses" her Night Warrior powers. The Alliance/Horde conflict has to stay alive somehow, and I see her and Genn being the instigators.
    Logically, she should as should most night elves but given what contortions the plot put itself in to have Jaina forgive the Horde in BFA and how easily they had Genn get over his issues of the Forsaken I'll only believe it if I see it. We'll know if they intend to do anything regarding faction conflict next expansion by Anduin's state at the end of this one. If he's a manic depressive and takes the backstage they might use that to set up conflict.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Logically, she should as should most night elves but given what contortions the plot put itself in to have Jaina forgive the Horde in BFA and how easily they had Genn get over his issues of the Forsaken I'll only believe it if I see it. We'll know if they intend to do anything regarding faction conflict next expansion by Anduin's state at the end of this one. If he's a manic depressive and takes the backstage they might use that to set up conflict.
    I'd like to see this happen. I'm kind of over Anduin now, he's been in the spotlight since Legion.

The fact that he's a Horde bootlicker doesn't help either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    I like how they also got rid of her green hair, that just looked weird
    Well it's still there just darker, instead of green it looks more like a dark teal color from those pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    I'd like to see this happen. I'm kind of over Anduin now, he's been in the spotlight since Legion.

The fact that he's a Horde bootlicker doesn't help either.
    I'd also like to see him take a backseat. This wasn't necessary to do it, by all accounts the Alliance should've told him to take a hike a lot earlier, but now that we're at it and knowing that there's 0% chance he dies or stays evil, the best consequence of him turning into an Arthas roleplayer is to have him be traumatized for a while and loosen his hold on the faction.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    It’s moon and star for them. Not just moon.

The idea is the night sky because they are night elves.

The moon is the biggest light in the night sky, but the stars are also there.

Tyrande, the druids, the arcane civilization. Stars are the common focus. While the moon is the biggest symbol of Elune, the rest are stars.

I love your ideas though. However what makes you think the night warrior is copying?

It’s star & moon based and and void (night). Like the void of space - the dark side of the moon is space really where the light isn’t shining it’s the rest of the night. Night elves always had connection to this, the shadows of the night elf, are not death shadows, but night shadows, as in void. But not twisting nether void but outer space void, night sky void, the space between the stars

So it’s not borrowing. Void elves only focus on the void out there (interstellar) - there is no planetary night common to the void. It’s extra planetary dark space , twisting nether whereas night elves it’s great dark beyond. Blizzard has fleshed out the void recently, before they did we thought it was all the same thing.. but it is definitely different.

Void elves and Nightborne are derived races. They are sub groups, focusing or narrowing in one particular aspect of the parent group. With a degree of uniqueness but I think the point is just to give a different model.

You are going to see arcane in night elves and blood elves, Nightborne having it as it’s focus doesn’t mean when night elves or blood elves get focus on it they are borrowing off Nightborne.

If it’s in Nightborne it will be in the parent group
    If it’s in void elves it will be in the parent group

Every Nightborne came from night elves and every void elf came from blood elves
    I’m saying each culture is unique and has developed and honed their version of an art differently, based on their beliefs (Tauren should use earth mother and sunlight in their spells and abilities, see above post for examples), traditions (night elves connect with the moon and stars and so their spells and ability visuals should reflect their heritage), ideals (arakkoa revere the moon and/or sun and the cursed are survivors so if they were playable I’d want their spells and abilities to incorporate that visually, not just use every other priest’s graphics history (troll shamanism should be more voodooy and orcs should look more primal and have ancestral images ancient elements), affinity/adeptness (nightborne are scholarly and study under a night dome so their magic should appear individual to them, dusky and starry/night themed their sword fighting be more refined like fencing), landscape (pandaren mages, Sorcerers, should cast crackling energy and have cloud serpents in their spells as their teachings come from the celestials and they’ve honed their skills separately than other mages), etc.

I say it’s unfortunate all classes are copy paste because a night elf priest spells should look more akin to how they e honed and adapted the art of priest from within their culture, but instead they look just like any other culture’s priest. Shame. Seriously a night elf moon priest should be district from a troll Dino priest or a Tauren sun priest. But instead, all priests look the same, it’s a waste of potential and a hugely nonexistent opportunity to give our beloved races and cultures some signature visuals and aesthetics. other than forms and totems, we all cast and use the same exact looking stuff no matter the culture. That is so wrong it’s a travesty. Our culture identity should be in our spell and ability visuals and animations and sound effects.

Night warrior customization is fun but it doesn’t fix or really add to night elves or the player’s experience if you still cast the same looking stuff as every other race/culture. I hope you get it and maybe all classes will get race specific and culture appropriate visuals for their kits. It's as simple as this, really, when I play my nightborne, I notice his spells look just like every other mage's, and I can't help but wish his spells look visually distinct to how his people/culture developed their magic, reflecting their culture instead of everyone else's, but instead he looks like every night elf, blood elf, undead, orc, troll, etc. Nothing individual, unique, specific or appropriate to his culture's version of a mage. That's why I am not getting excited for new playable races or allied races anymore, because the model may be different but they copy all the same spell and ability visuals and paste them onto a new model, nothing special or tying in to the race's identity. Ethereal should have a more techno-vibe incused into their abilities and spells, tuskar should have a more wintery/snowy theme to most of their spells or animations, arakkoa should be more shadowy, not just cast the same druid or priest stuff as a tauren or night elf. If they're not, if they just use the same fireballs, druid green stuff, animations, and so on, then it's empty.
    Last edited by dunkl; 2021-06-19 at 10:51 PM.

I’m saying each culture is unique and has developed and honed their version of an art differently, based on their beliefs (Tauren should use earth mother and sunlight in their spells and abilities, see above post for examples), traditions (night elves connect with the moon and stars and so their spells and ability visuals should reflect their heritage), ideals (arakkoa revere the moon and/or sun and the cursed are survivors so if they were playable I’d want their spells and abilities to incorporate that visually, not just use every other priest’s graphics history (troll shamanism should be more voodooy and orcs should look more primal and have ancestral images ancient elements), affinity/adeptness (nightborne are scholarly and study under a night dome so their magic should appear individual to them, dusky and starry/night themed their sword fighting be more refined like fencing), landscape (pandaren mages, Sorcerers, should cast crackling energy and have cloud serpents in their spells as their teachings come from the celestials and they’ve honed their skills separately than other mages), etc.
    Ah yes. Each culture is unique. Too true, and they should have clear unique things about them. This should be true for major races, but allied races aren't designed to be so unique, they have much bigger overlap. This is fine also. I read once they were more like alternative stories of the main race, a small group that had a different life, some activity altered them a little , but they are still true tot he core of their race, usually with one thing added. But not necessarily.

This description fits every allied race (except Vulpera ofc) Don't let the faction swap of Nightborne and void elves fool you. Nightborne are kaldorei civilization side of the night elves
    But there is also a lot of overlap within the racial group.

Tauren and Highmountain
    Draenei and Lightforged.

All elves have overlap. Nightborne and night elf are the night focused ones based on the Kaldorei. Night elves have all that cultures aspects but Nightborne have only the arcane civilization portion.

High/Blood elves and void elves are the other side and also have the same culture. They have differences too, as void elves primarily study void in context of all their magic while high elves hold to the original philosophy and ideals of the Thalassians that blood elves have deviated from. But all same culture.

Thalassians come from Night elves so there is overlap despite easily identifiable cultural differences

Humans Ofc are different from all these. But have some overlap as high elves taught humans and were right with them for a while. Dalaran and all humanities magic comes from their high elf allies and they Ofc share history. But they are different cultures.

I say it’s unfortunate all classes are copy paste because a night elf priest spells should look more akin to how they e honed and adapted the art of priest from within their culture, but instead they look just like any other culture’s priest. Shame. Seriously a night elf moon priest should be district from a troll Dino priest or a Tauren sun priest. But instead, all priests look the same, it’s a waste of potential and a hugely nonexistent opportunity to give our beloved races and cultures some signature visuals and aesthetics. other than forms and totems, we all cast and use the same exact looking stuff no matter the culture. That is so wrong it’s a travesty. Our culture identity should be in our spell and ability visuals and animations and sound effects.

Night warrior customization is fun but it doesn’t fix or really add to night elves or the player’s experience if you still cast the same looking stuff as every other race/culture. I hope you get it and maybe all classes will get race specific and culture appropriate visuals for their kits.
    Agreed, it's sad they don't distinguish classes in each race. The lore is so rich/diverse in wow, there are some that really warrant it. That's what you meant wasn't it.

YEs, you are spot on. They should have done that.

But Night warrior doesn't really have class atm... some think it can be the night elves' version of the paladin since they are holy /religious warriors but use a bow and tri-blade glaive as weapon choices instead of 2H maces/swords , but they could also be a unique class. do you use the paladin model? the hunter model? the priest model? the warrior model for this? or do a new class for them?

But yes it's a shame that no provision is made for that.
    Last edited by Beloren; 2021-06-19 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    She's rerolling Horde. That looks awfuly Nightborne themed.
    What do you suppose Nightborne were..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    inb4 this is exactly one frame in a cutscene and then it vanishes forever.
    Why inb4? That's exactly it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    What do you suppose Nightborne were..
    Well, they are all just shades of troll.

Tyrande The Starcaller.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    CUSTOMISATION PLEASE BLIZZARD

THANK YOU, I LOVE THIS!! I WANT THIS ON MY NIGHT ELF AND I WANT MORE EVIDNECE OF STARS, AND THE ARCANE HERITAGE SHOWING UP. We got some nature customisation in 9.0, but we were still missing star symbolism and that glowing white arcane power that comes from Elune and the Well of Eternity connection.

This should be shown just as much as nature vines and leaves.. don't you think guys?

Reminds me of the star elves in Dragon Prince.. except night elves, kaldorei are the original star elves, and should be the most prominent identifier for them as it is the one thing that is prevalent across board, from priests, to druids, to the arcane civilization and highborne/moonguard types - it is always there regardless of how different their orders are... I like the star symbolism, it's the coolest and most unique thing of the night elf fantasy. kaldorei are children of the stars, and I don't understand why nature is more prominent in their visualisation than the stars. nature elves, magical sorcerer elves are common as FUCK! and i get that combining this is unique to an extent, but you also need unique symbolism, and the stars creates a form that transcends both and has never been a focus in popular fantasy elves.. this is where they need to focus the night elves most.. let the rest be secondary. Elune and the stars should be dominant in both druidic and arcane mage Highborne societies.

Elune, the stars, inextricably linked to night elves arcane and nature - and all their 3 main classes - mage, druid, priest - use this.

Here it is:

Tyrande's model for the first time has night elves visibly representing and showing the stars. I wish we had more of this sooner. To me the name tells the most, above nature, above arcane, inextricably linked with Elune, and connecting all three veins of the night elves is the stars. Their energy is arcane, they crown nature and they a the lights of the goddess that adorn the night sky.

The Nightborne in Suramar were so relieved to be able to look at the stars once more, these night elves were like "we see the stars once more". I really do hope they give night elves similar star customisation features to represent this core part of their identity, it is one that is actually fully suitable for priests, mages and druids. And i think should be an alternative to the vines option.

Here are more

You know, with Nightborne around, I think Nightborne should focus on the night more, night elves on the stars and moon - th is can be another way to distinguish them.. Nightborne shift to night and darkness reverence, while night elves are all about the stars.
    Can you just stop making posts about elves everytime we learn something from ptr?

Forgot to add, they messed up Night Elf identity and writing them so badly in WoW that they had to change them into Star Elves. Isn't that Nightbourne's thing?

she has the eyes of a gnome female....

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Anything's good for some elf spam on the forums I guess

She looks like a nightborne that forgot to paint herself
    Ravenmoon is the Night Elf version of Varodoc, who is the Void Elf version of Teriz, who is obsessed with Tinkers. Idk who came first so maybe I got the order wrong kek

OT: She looks nice. One can only hope the Night Elf customization options are given a proper Elunarian motif at some point. I personally am not a fan of the vines. Not even Malfurion has vines growing in his beard I mean...wtf is up with that. Kaldorei means "children of the stars" so where the heck is the relation to the stars? Seems as though Nightborne have sort of hijacked the celestial motif, which created the obvious reactions people have of "she looks like a Nightborne."

Off Topic: The Shal'dorei are clearly inspired by Drow. The Night Elves used to be a unique mix of Moon Elf, Wood Elf and Drow, but have since lost the Drow flavor. So Nightborne were likely intended to restore that with the dark blue or obsidian skin, pale hair, often arrogant and manipulative temperament, somewhat matriarchal society, the thing with spiders in the Fal'dorei, their proficiency for magic and the isolated existence trapped in a time bubble (rather than in the underdark). Give me a full-blown Nightborne customization revamp and I'll race change my main (until Ethereals are added).
    Last edited by Sagenod; 2021-06-20 at 12:10 AM.

True at some point.

3+ Year Old Account
    Mutated trolls actually
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    CUSTOMISATION PLEASE BLIZZARD

THANK YOU, I LOVE THIS!! I WANT THIS ON MY NIGHT ELF AND I WANT MORE EVIDNECE OF STARS, AND THE ARCANE HERITAGE SHOWING UP. We got some nature customisation in 9.0, but we were still missing star symbolism and that glowing white arcane power that comes from Elune and the Well of Eternity connection.

This should be shown just as much as nature vines and leaves.. don't you think guys?

Reminds me of the star elves in Dragon Prince.. except night elves, kaldorei are the original star elves, and should be the most prominent identifier for them as it is the one thing that is prevalent across board, from priests, to druids, to the arcane civilization and highborne/moonguard types - it is always there regardless of how different their orders are... I like the star symbolism, it's the coolest and most unique thing of the night elf fantasy. kaldorei are children of the stars, and I don't understand why nature is more prominent in their visualisation than the stars. nature elves, magical sorcerer elves are common as FUCK! and i get that combining this is unique to an extent, but you also need unique symbolism, and the stars creates a form that transcends both and has never been a focus in popular fantasy elves.. this is where they need to focus the night elves most.. let the rest be secondary. Elune and the stars should be dominant in both druidic and arcane mage Highborne societies.

Elune, the stars, inextricably linked to night elves arcane and nature - and all their 3 main classes - mage, druid, priest - use this.

Here it is:

Tyrande's model for the first time has night elves visibly representing and showing the stars. I wish we had more of this sooner. To me the name tells the most, above nature, above arcane, inextricably linked with Elune, and connecting all three veins of the night elves is the stars. Their energy is arcane, they crown nature and they a the lights of the goddess that adorn the night sky.

The Nightborne in Suramar were so relieved to be able to look at the stars once more, these night elves were like "we see the stars once more". I really do hope they give night elves similar star customisation features to represent this core part of their identity, it is one that is actually fully suitable for priests, mages and druids. And i think should be an alternative to the vines option.

Here are more

You know, with Nightborne around, I think Nightborne should focus on the night more, night elves on the stars and moon - th is can be another way to distinguish them.. Nightborne shift to night and darkness reverence, while night elves are all about the stars.
    Now I just want this skin on the playable Night Elves too.

Man it looks awesome. Make it fucking happen blizz!

giving this design to everyone would ruin it's uniqueness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

About time, I always found her Night Warrior model kinda dumb. Like, it's Tyrande with a different dress and hair on pigtails. Only the dark eyes suggested she was suddenly wrestling with near-uncontrollable power. This was needed, even if it's just for the cutscene where her power reaches a culmination point, causing her to go berserk (or something along those lines, anyway, I didn't read the datamines that thoroughly).
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?