Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Tyrande's new Night Warrior look looks ugly as fuck.
    Literally Anime garbage.
    Just look at the moons and stars on her forehead. WTF?! is this trash. Sailor Moon but Warcraft Edition?
    I guess that fits those Nelf players anyway. Just a bunch of weooobos and furrys.
    And now someone tell me that the burning of Teldrassil was not justified... geeeez

The best Tyrande is this one and that's a fact. Any other opinion is just wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Hmmm... let's see. What has she done so far? nothing. What are we being told she might turn to? this evil vengeful entity. Did it happen? no. We're just being hyped for no reason whatsoever. To all we know, she might just spew some harsh words. "The horror! the horror!" -_-
    She doesn't seem dangerous in the slightest.
    I'm sorry, am I being read?

It's not that Tyrande is going evil. She is dying. The model is supposedly her being overwhelmed by the Night Warrior power, at which point - save for a single case - Night Warriors die.
    How is this a possible evolution for any Night Elf character, any possible improvement of their cosmetic appearance. This is my doubt, not her alignment or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    The best Tyrande is this one and that's a fact. Any other opinion is just wrong.

True.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackstraw View Post
    I'm sorry, am I being read?

It's not that Tyrande is going evil. She is dying. The model is supposedly her being overwhelmed by the Night Warrior power, at which point - save for a single case - Night Warriors die.
    How is this a possible evolution for any Night Elf character, any possible improvement of their cosmetic appearance. This is my doubt, not her alignment or anything.
    She won't die, either.
    That's the thing about important characters. They are strong enough to survive - for plot continuity.

3+ Year Old Account
    I believe the WC2/WC3 main characters are here to stay: Khadgar, Alleria, Thrall, Jaina, Tyrande, Vol'jin, Sylvanas

Cairne wasn't that popular so he was offed
    I can feel Danath and Turalyon also getting offed soon
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

She won't die, either.
    That's the thing about important characters. They are strong enough to survive - for plot continuity.
    Yeah, she won't die, that's a given.

But given the thread is about Tyrande's new look driving any kind of customization for the Kaldorei, I stand skeptical given the nature of this transformation. It's like having third degree burns all over the body from a very specific flame.

Yeah, she won't die, that's a given.

But given the thread is about Tyrande's new look driving any kind of customization for the Kaldorei, I stand skeptical given the nature of this transformation. It's like having third degree burns all over the body from a very specific flame.
    Nah. It's a game, not real-life.
    You've got burn scars customizations for Night elves, Seared eyes for Demon Hunters and self-inflicted scars for Mag'har.

Nah. It's a game, not real-life.
    You've got burn scars customizations for Night elves, Seared eyes for Demon Hunters and self-inflicted scars for Mag'har.
    Oh ok. So any Night Elf can basically - before creation or at a barber - undergo the Night Warrior ritual and get life threatening scars?
    You're comparing things that make literal no sense one with another, and I'm just left wondering why.

Oh ok. So any Night Elf can basically - before creation or at a barber - undergo the Night Warrior ritual and get life threatening scars?
    You're comparing things that make literal no sense one with another, and I'm just left wondering why.
    Night elves got black eye customization without any solid explanation, so mystical lunar/stellar tattoo would not be that off I guess. After all, they are the race which worship stars and moon from the day 1, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    Night elves got black eye customization without any solid explanation, so mystical lunar/stellar tattoo would not be that off I guess. After all, they are the race which worship stars and moon from the day 1, right?
    Black eyes could supposedly be a consequence of being witness to the ritual, but I guess anything goes if you will it hard enough, no matter how nonsensical it is.

Black eyes could supposedly be a consequence of being witness to the ritual, but I guess anything goes if you will it hard enough, no matter how nonsensical it is.
    In the same logic, mystical runes can appear on your body after witnessing the ritual. Or there could be actually some event that leads into this feature being unlocked. You can't say it's nonsensical if we lack any information about its possible implementation.

Yeah. That's what customizations are for. If we had one handed options for Orcs, or eyeless ones, they would be the same. It's just that. Demon Hunters go through a ritual that most don't survive. So, they aren't worthy of their customization options?

Yeah. That's what customizations are for. If we had one handed options for Orcs, or eyeless ones, they would be the same. It's just that. Demon Hunters go through a ritual that most don't survive. So, they aren't worthy of their customization options?
    Because all Demon Hunter players go through the same experience, but in the recent history of Azeroth we had only one Night Warrior: Tyrande.
    Now to comply with the whims should the playerbase complain long enough I can see another kick in the remnants of credibility the Night Warrior sports and have those customizations available to all Night Elf players. But as it stands? Nobody else underwent the ritual so nobody else has this kind of power running in one's own body and ruining it from the inside.

If you can't get the difference then I think we're done with the argument, and we should agree to disagree.
    Last edited by Jackstraw; 2021-06-27 at 09:55 PM.

It looks like it has literally nothing to do with an "arcane heritage" and everything to do with the fact that this shot is in Ardenweald.

This is Ardenweald.

It looks like she's infused with Ardenweald magic. Though admittedly in a cool night elf-y way with glowing moon symbols.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Because all Demon Hunter players go through the same experience, but in the recent history of Azeroth we had only one Night Warrior: Tyrande.
    Now to comply with the whims should the playerbase complain long enough I can see another kick in the remnants of credibility the Night Warrior sports and have those customizations available to all Night Elf players. But as it stands? Nobody else underwent the ritual so nobody else has this kind of power running in one's own body and ruining it from the inside.

If you can't get the difference then I think we're done with the argument, and we should agree to disagree.
    Are you forgetting about the other Night Warriors in Shadowlands? The unicorn couple and the Stonewright? Are you forgetting that only 5 or less survived the Demon Hunter training in the Illidari? Thing is, we as players are unique. Expect us to withstand whatever trial others don't survive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else thinking here that they're setting Tyrande to be the next main villain for the next expansion? She seems to be going the Sylvanas way quite harshly as of late. Sure it is cool to see Night Elves get more attention, but still I miss the more primal ones from the Warcraft 3. Now they're just focused on the warring Elune stuff (which is great, mind you), but I would want to see more ferality throughout the Night Elves as a whole. That would shake thinks a bit.

Are you forgetting about the other Night Warriors in Shadowlands? The unicorn couple and the Stonewright? Are you forgetting that only 5 or less survived the Demon Hunter training in the Illidari? Thing is, we as players are unique. Expect us to withstand whatever trial others don't survive.
    I'm not forgetting anything.

The Illidari sport higher numbers than just the five presented, but all players, named NPCs and general NPCs undergo the same ritual.
    Nobody else but Tyrande in Azeroth did. Qadarin and co. are not natives.

The Illidari sport higher numbers than just the five presented, but all players, named NPCs and general NPCs undergo the same ritual.
    So?
    they are still mortals.
    Blizzard will surely write that the Night Warrior can be replicated. Especially if it's the player characters (which are gods at this point).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Awelon View Post
    Anyone else thinking here that they're setting Tyrande to be the next main villain for the next expansion?
    They are not.

Formerly known as Arafal

I guess they still might go the route "share night Warrior power between more vessels" they foreshadowed earlier. The missing cinematic might show us Elune spreading Night Warrior power among her followers, resulting in Tyrande not being torn apart by this immense force. I would not jump into conclusions until we actually see what happens in the cinematic.

Sure, if Elune just cleanse Tyrande, that would be not that logical to include these customizations to PC, but who knows if logic and common sense would stop Blizz from adding it to increase their sales.