Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    This forum is a microcosm of a microcosm. It barely represents the community as a whole, as the community as a whole could be fucked to post on forums. Much less unofficial fansite forums.

As of late, it seems like it's less about discussion and more about finding other people to validate whatever negative, cynical opinion you have about the game. People don't want to talk about problems and how to improve them, they want to get warm and fuzzies from internet strangers for making the scathing observation that Blizzard is, in fact, a for-profit organization and post memes about Bobby Kotick's yacht. It seems to have become even worse as of yet as YouTube content creators like Bellular are stoking negativity within the community to a fever pitch. I've noticed a bit of pushback from some parts of the community who are finally getting fed up of seeing the same 0 IQ takes being posted ad infinitum but it serves as a stark irony that one of the most positive WoW communities on the internet right now is r/wowcirclejerk.
    Why is it people spam " for profit " to defend things?

If people painted fruit to look fresher would you scream free market about that too?

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    Blizzard for example is on the record of saying the reason we didnt get another mage tower is because there isn't a reward for it yet...

Such a waste.
    And there's a reason for that. When the mage tower was about very very few people actually enjoyed it until they were antorus geared able to basically make the bosses inside it melt.

Not just that but the vast majority of people in wow won't lift a finger if there isn't a reward for doing something. Next to nobody has ever played wow for the sake of just playing it, they mostly go "What shit can I get from it." hell I'd say of those that won't do anything unless there's a reward. The vast majority of that group wouldn't even log in if whatever they did ends up not giving a power reward.

That's why Ion said what he did. What's the point of making something if no one does it. People aren't playing for "fun." they're playing to shove their epeen down the throats of others. And thus content comes in two modes. No reward, so therefore exists. Has power reward and therefore in their mind is a forced chore. There is no in-between.

Just getting gear from raid drops is actually enough to progress mathematically through the raids. But you see in this forum and from the rage baiters on youtube how players are forced to pick the "best" covenant. Forced to get the right leggo, and now forced once again to get a new leggo. Hell, we've literally had posters who have even said they'd figuratively kill themselves (their words not mine) if they didn't have a chance to orange parse because their ego couldn't handle a purple. Let alone a grey which is enough to win the game (winning is killing the end boss)

Why is it people spam " for profit " to defend things?

If people painted fruit to look fresher would you scream free market about that too?
    What am I defending? My post is a rebuke of boring cynicism, not a defense of what Blizzard is or isn't doing.
    New BiS for 9.1!

[ twitch ][ Retired Semi-retired as of 2018 ] [ The Official MMO-Champion Bingo Card. ]
    [ That time I predicted the future...twice. ] [ For a good time, try to differentiate a majority of serious posts here from posts on /r/wowcirclejerk ]

What am I defending? My post is a rebuke of boring cynicism, not a defense of what Blizzard is or isn't doing.
    It just seems a pointless awnser. Now granted so is complaining in general so fair is fair. I just can't really understand the mentality of people who just want numbers to go up. What is it about wow that draws them?

I don't get what is fun about spending a month grinding boring content to do harder content. In my head gearing should be an afternoon of mythics 15s followed by a few mythic bosses. From start to finish a baby toon should be full mythic ready in... I would say 8 hours played at cap give or take. I can't really fathom why people would want it to take longer if you have the skill for it.

Master of the Void The Dark One's Avatar
    No, I do not enjoy WoW's content anymore, and I have unsubbed, with no plans to ever return.

Story is lackluster, classes feel samey, and the community is real garbage.
    Fundamental civil rights are only "political" if you're trying to take them away from people.

It just seems a pointless awnser. Now granted so is complaining in general so fair is fair. I just can't really understand the mentality of people who just want numbers to go up. What is it about wow that draws them?

I don't get what is fun about spending a month grinding boring content to do harder content. In my head gearing should be an afternoon of mythics 15s followed by a few mythic bosses. From start to finish a baby toon should be full mythic ready in... I would say 8 hours played at cap give or take. I can't really fathom why people would want it to take longer if you have the skill for it.
    Because if that were possible you'd see just as many people complaining that there's "nothing to do." And honestly, that probably leads to much faster attrition than how it is right now. It's not perfect but nothing in this world ever is.
    New BiS for 9.1!

[ twitch ][ Retired Semi-retired as of 2018 ] [ The Official MMO-Champion Bingo Card. ]
    [ That time I predicted the future...twice. ] [ For a good time, try to differentiate a majority of serious posts here from posts on /r/wowcirclejerk ]

Because if that were possible you'd see just as many people complaining that there's "nothing to do." And honestly, that probably leads to much faster attrition than how it is right now. It's not perfect but nothing in this world ever is.
    I've never really met anyone on the offical forums at least that complained about having nothing to do that actually had nothing to do... most didn't have lfr completed much less heroic.

If blizzard is trying to catch and keep those players they are going to waste their time chasing phantoms and never accomplishing anything.