Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    I do see the argument, I just dont agree with it. And everyone keeps ignoring the countless ways wpvp could be avoided since day 1, such as stealth, for example.

- - - Updated - - -

GW2 allows you to port all over the world instantly as well, and yes, FF14 has flying as well, but to be fair, PvP isnt exactly what FF is known for.....
    Problem is Wow isn't known for world pvp either.. its either too laggy or completely unbalanced.. as you stated there are always ways to avoid it with stealth and trying to evade the servers/client can no longer handle the number of dice rolled by rng, so world pvp will never return to wow as we stand, so why ditch flying to try to help a dead system?
    plus as said many servers aren't pvp now with warmode also.. all servers are pve so pvp combat being part of the world is a very small part.

There is zero reason wow can't be a massive game with a lot of areas you can explore with a flying mount just like Northrend.. fly around northrend and find the lil areas you've never found before stormheim is a great zone for that, and Icecrown because of the SCALE of the buildings you feel small even in the air, there are more than enough tricks to make flying feel less like taking away from the world just that wow Dev's haven't been allowed to make games for fun anymore.
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stuff like this is impossible with flying in the game

The max level could just get on a flying mount to get directly on top of the player kiting him while being out of range in the air. At the very least it shouldn't have been a thing on PvP servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post
    TBC is my favorite WoW expansion by far but I'm definitely one of those people that now contend flying is one of the worst things ever added o the game.

I get why people like it and enjoy it but, it also really destroys the feel of the world.

I'm now in Shadowmoon Valley, all these big scary fortresses with hundreds of elite guards and barricades and towers.... LOL jk just fly directly over them none of the monsters seem to notice or care.

Land in the middle of their fortress, kill the boss, fly out.

What's the point of building a big outdoor fortress with thousands of elite guards if anybody can just zip in? Flying really does destroy the "feel" of the world. It's just way too safe and way too convenient and way too solitary.

I really think they could have done a better job implementing a much more limited flying system, one that gives you some of the pros without all the cons.
    no one care about your opinion

This is a fair statement. TBC was the first game with flying and they likely didn't know how to properly build zones around it. You can def. build zones in such a way that flying doesn't automatically destroy the zone.
    Skettis and Ogri'la want to have a word with you, to name some examples. Just because not every place is crawling with air defense units (which would be totally illogical by the way) its not badly done.

Blizzard dropped the ball with air content at some point, but TBC was not the problem.

Anyway, flying was good for the game and it would still be good if the developers would not treat it as a redheaded stepchild because they don't have the resources to create meaningful and consistent content for it.

Quote Originally Posted by fruitbasket102 View Post
    no one care about your opinion
    I do, so your point is invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by oleander View Post
    I do, so your point is invalid.
    you do shit only, ks omk

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Stuff like this is impossible with flying in the game

The max level could just get on a flying mount to get directly on top of the player kiting him while being out of range in the air. At the very least it shouldn't have been a thing on PvP servers.
    That rogue is literally retarded for not just dropping combat and getting back on his mount.

You're making up insanely narrow situations involving players being downright braindead, in order to claim that flying is bad

lmfao

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    That rogue is literally retarded for not just dropping combat and getting back on his mount.

You're making up insanely narrow situations involving players being downright braindead, in order to claim that flying is bad

lmfao
    He mounted multiple times. "Making up" it's a video of a bad max level ganking a good lowbie, that's not uncommon. Not everyone is a good player, in fact most people are bad. Flying would make this situation infallible for the max level player. In general it makes ganking bulletproof.
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2021-08-04 at 04:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    it's a video of a bad max level ganking a good lowbie, that's not uncommon. Not everyone is a good player
    What server are you on that it's "not uncommon" for people to be braindead retarded and terrible at the most basic PvP even after reaching level 60 on a PvP realm?

Point still stands, using an absolutely terrible player as a reason for why flying is bad, is just...lmao

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    What server are you on that it's "not uncommon" for people to be braindead retarded and terrible at the most basic PvP even after reaching level 60 on a PvP realm?

Point still stands, using an absolutely terrible player as a reason for why flying is bad, is just...lmao
    You're really underestimating how bad the avg player is especially on classic.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    WEH I HATE FLYING
    *gets on 280% flyer*
    IT RUINS MY IMMERSION!
    *zips to the next Fire Elemental mob*
    THERE'S NO SENSE OF DANGER
    *mounts up*
    That sums up the reality of things. Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    That sums up the reality of things. Yup.
    You can dislike something but still feel forced to use it because you want to stay competitive. You would just prefer it didn't exist because you enjoyed the competition before it was introduced.

Flying really diminished the world.

But the world is DEAD anyways.

99% of the Zones are abandoned.

Via layering you wouldn't see anyone anyway.

If they were to revitalise the world, to make EK-Kalimdor feel alive again, then yes you could argue flying would diminish its danger.

But the WORLD in World of Warcraft is dead FOREVER. So with flying at least you don't have to waste even more times doing the daily chores.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    You can dislike something but still feel forced to use it because you want to stay competitive. You would just prefer it didn't exist because you enjoyed the competition before it was introduced.
    Yes people are being willfully obtuse. Here's a sport analogy. Let's say the NBA made a rule change to make the 3 point shot instead worth 10 points. Every single team would obviously attempt nothing but 10 point shots.

Many coaches would argue this is a terrible rule change and is horrible for the game, making the game very boring and stupid and they would be right.

However no sane coach would order his team not to take 10 point shots out of simply "not liking them"

As long as the shot was in the game, everyone would be forced to us them, even if they hated them and they knew it was stupid.

WoW is not a single player game and thus "don't like it, don't use it" is not valid, has never been valid, and will never be valid.

What is there to keep up with? You can keep up on a ground mount. In fact you will be ahead for a while if you don't fly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    What is there to keep up with? You can keep up on a ground mount. In fact you will be ahead for a while if you don't fly.
    In this example, let's say mining nodes in open world. Theres limited node spawns so dude on the 280% flyer is gonna get a higher % of them compared to the dude on ground mount. If I "simply choose not to fly", then I'm rarely getting nodes because the flyers are sniping them. If flying didn't exist and we were all on ground mounts, I'd be getting more nodes.

Tbh I don't really care abt the subject, but I understand the logic of it.

Yes people are being willfully obtuse. Here's a sport analogy. Let's say the NBA made a rule change to make the 3 point shot instead worth 10 points. Every single team would obviously attempt nothing but 10 point shots.

Many coaches would argue this is a terrible rule change and is horrible for the game, making the game very boring and stupid and they would be right.

However no sane coach would order his team not to take 10 point shots out of simply "not liking them"

As long as the shot was in the game, everyone would be forced to us them, even if they hated them and they knew it was stupid.

WoW is not a single player game and thus "don't like it, don't use it" is not valid, has never been valid, and will never be valid.
    I'm sorry but that is truly terrible comparison. Flying gives who the edge?

It is a simple fix. Warmode on? Flying disabled.

Thats it.

Don't like abortion? Don't get one.
    Don't like drugs? Don't do them.
    Don't like ____? Don't do it.

Absolutely valid.

- - - Updated - - -

Who is making you feel forced to fly?

Its a you problem.
    Last edited by Weeps; 2021-08-06 at 07:20 PM.

I'm sorry but that is truly terrible comparison. Flying gives who the edge?

It is a simple fix. Warmode on? Flying disabled.

Thats it.

Don't like abortion? Don't get one.
    Don't like drugs? Don't do them.
    Don't like ____? Don't do it.

Absolutely valid.

- - - Updated - - -

Who is making you feel forced to fly?

Its a you problem.
    Read my post above

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis-GR View Post
    But the world is DEAD anyways
    Strange, I can go to literally any primal farming spot and find dozens of players at any hour of any day.

You have a very odd definition of "dead".

Flying gives who the edge?
    Anyone trying to mine.
    Anyone trying to herb.
    Anyone trying to fish.
    Anyone trying to farm outdoor mobs.
    Anyone trying to do world PvP.

Try doing any of those things with flying vs. without and tell me nobody has an "edge"