For survival does wild spirits affect stuff thats aoe but hits a target?

The tool tip states:

While the Wild Spirits are active, each damaging ability you or your pet use against a target in the area will strike up to 5 nearby targets for (38.5% of Attack power) Nature damage.

So wildfire bomb would be affected? you throw it at a target or is this just bad grammar and implies a wrong conclusion

I really wish I could use venthyr as I like the idea of flayed shot but im reading its horrible outside of pvp

Quote Originally Posted by dreaderus View Post
    The tool tip states:

While the Wild Spirits are active, each damaging ability you or your pet use against a target in the area will strike up to 5 nearby targets for (38.5% of Attack power) Nature damage.

So wildfire bomb would be affected? you throw it at a target or is this just bad grammar and implies a wrong conclusion

I really wish I could use venthyr as I like the idea of flayed shot but im reading its horrible outside of pvp
    Every ability usage hits up to 5 targets. So if you throw a WFB, it counts as 1 ability usage regardless of how many the cone hits. So 1 WFB usage will hit 5 targets, and then Wild Spirits will hit up to 5 targets 1 time for the use of the ability. It won’t hit 5 enemies 10 times.