Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    One would think that in a 17 year old game people would be grown ups by now and not be so pathetic and petty and starting "us vs them" over which version they like or how the game has progressed. But no, everyone still acts as if they are in highschool.

Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Ok since you are so determined to ignore all the other points raised, and have now claimed multiple times that literally the only reason a person would stop playing wow is because they no longer enjoy it - Answer me this - A person is in the military and is deployed overseas into an active combat region. Tell me how "they only stopped playing because they don't enjoy wow anymore" and not because they are at war, or on a submarine, or on a ship, or in the air force.

Ill wait down here to give you some time to think this one through.

Maybe you would prefer one of the other countless reasons a person might stop playing wow:

Im sorry Bob, but you will never regain control over your body after the stroke.
    Im sorry Bob, but your family member is terminally ill
    Im sorry Bob, but we cannot repair your PC - it will need to be replaced, and i know you just cannot afford one right now.
    Im sorry Bob, but we really cant afford the $15 a month for your wow, our kids need clothes.
    Im sorry Bob, but you will never regain your site after the accident.
    Im sorry Bob, but where you are deployed for work, the internet is next to non existent.

You are living in this extremely naïve and delusional dream world were people priorities a bloody videogame over real life, and would NEVER put anything else before the game no matter what.
    All these people going to the military, become ill or can no longer afford to play WoW. F. Millions. The scenarios you have to create to no longer have time for your hobbies are hilarious.
    Last edited by Clozer; 2021-06-23 at 01:21 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    All these people going to the military, become ill or can no longer afford to play WoW. F. Millions. The scenarios you have to create to no longer have time for your hobbies are hilarious.
    How few friends/people do you know that have quit that these scenarios seem like a stretch to you?
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Awesome video, it sums up how a lot of the players feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    How few friends/people do you know that have quit that these scenarios seem like a stretch to you?
    None of my friends quit for any of these reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    So people who work over 50 hours a week, have a family and children now no longer play WoW, although they used to play. Man that's a very long reach.
    This post was so incredibly expected. Reading is hard.

You're getting a bit too obvious now, though. But I guess your post history makes it blatant.

Don't tell me - the reason they quit the game is the same reasons you claim to be the only correct ones?
    Do you still play?
    Hi

So people who work over 50 hours a week, have a family and children now no longer play WoW, although they used to play. Man that's a very long reach.
    To be fair if you live in the kind of country that even allows 50 hours work weeks,WoW is probably very expensive in your currency. So that's a good excuse to not play

7+ Year Old Account
    You have never had a friend get deployed in the military?

Or take on extra shifts to pay off debt or buy something big and not have time to play as much as they want?

Or meet a SO and spend there hobby time with them?
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Honestly the cash shop stuff is annoying, but it doesn't bother me that much.

The conveyer belt into dungeons was pretty on fucking point though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    You have never had a friend get deployed in the military?

Or take on extra shifts to pay off debt or buy something big and not have time to play as much as they want?

Or meet a SO and spend there hobby time with them?
    The military is optional here. I literally don't know a single person who went to the military, except for my grandparents.

Also, every one of my friends went to college or got a pretty decent job. We are literally not allowed to work over 44 hours a week - even in shifts.

Most of them are married now! Some even got children. They still have plenty of time to do any kind of activities tho. Not as described here.

If they thought WoW was enjoyable, they would have plenty of time to still play it.

7+ Year Old Account
    You must not have played wow long if you dont know how many people in the military play wow, like legit over my years in wow, i have met SO MANY FUCKING veterans, and literally entire guilds of 90% veterens, like a lot of vets play wow, hell blizzard even has a program for vets, might have something to do with it, idk.

- - - Updated - - -

The military is optional here. I literally don't know a single person who went to the military, except for my grandparents.

Also, every one of my friends went to college or got a pretty decent job. We are literally not allowed to work over 44 hours a week - even in shifts.

Most of them are married now! Some even got children. They still have plenty of time to do any kind of activities tho. Not as described here.

If they thought WoW was enjoyable, they would have plenty of time to still play it.
    military is optional in a lot of places, doesent mean it is not one of the largest job markets in the world, ESPECIALLY in america.
    a lot of people join the military just outta highschool and are in it for a good 10+ years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

And they all prove you wrong. Its honestly that simple - you have stated more than once that there is only ONE possible reason why any single person in the history of wow has quit - they dont like the game. I have presented a dozen examples why someone might stop playing that has nothing to do with their enjoyment of the game, and you just wave them all off and say "but none of my friends quit for those reasons, therefore they are not valid."

My mother was terminally ill - I stopped playing wow for close to a year, because any spare time i had outside of work and family was spent sitting at her bedside. You are arrogantly sitting there saying "nope, never happened, you quit because you didnt enjoy it". You are coming across as incredibly naïve, and even when everyone is telling you that you are wrong, you are just repeating the same tired old argument that you started with "there is only one reason anyone ever quit wow, and its because they dont enjoy it". You are wrong.

I played with someone who had to quit for nearly 2 years because they were deployed, but you dismiss this as a possible reality, because it does not align with your narrative. During WoD, somewhere around 50% of my guild were in one of the branches of armed forces, and over time, they all moved on because the time demands and travel / lifestyle made it impossible for them to play the game. Over the years i have played with MANY veterans, it is quite a popular hobby for members of the armed forces.

One of the many naïve opinions you have is that when we speak about military service, we are talking about conscription - this is not the case. The armed forces is one of the largest industries in the world, with or without an active conflict. You just need to accept the reality that multiple people are trying to help you understand - people stop playing wow for many, many reasons, some internal, some external - there is no one reason why someone stops playing, and claiming there is just looks.....well.....not great.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2021-06-23 at 02:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

7+ Year Old Account

Do you play on Eu by any chance? as some one who has mostly played with Americans 3/4 of my close circle were in the military at one point or another.

3/4 worked extra shift's which lead to them cutting back wow time as they couldn't find a raid group.

only 1/4 got married and started spending most of there free time with there OS though.

my wider friend group has also stopped playing for a few different reasons rather it be illness, extended higher education work, or moving and not being able to play in the time zone they prefer.

I can only think of 1 person of 20 or so who quit because of quality reasons and the reason they gave If I remember right was "fuck wod, fuck time travel, fuck orcs, Fuck alternate reality's", they then came back for legion.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2021-06-23 at 03:01 AM.

I mean, despite the small issues some may have with this video... I think it accurately just captures the spirit of the community right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahcake View Post
    WoW is a MMORPG. First RPG ever is D&D. Leveling is part of D&D and thus it's part of MMORPG and WoW.
    Yeah and it's not unusual for D&D games to start at a higher level or even at max level.

I'm just happy that Wow was so amazing at the start. Original Wow was one of the most fun and amazing experiences I had in my entire life. And Timeless Isle during Mists of Pandaria is something I'll never forget either.

Eventually Activision killed Blizzard, but I doubt it would be possible for Wow to still be any good even without Activision. You can't keep catching lightning in a bottle and even the original Blizzard crew would have been burnt out long ago now.

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    Yeah and it's not unusual for D&D games to start at a higher level or even at max level.
    My point still stands. Leveling is a core part of WoW or you would start at max level. Those are the rules of this game. That’s what that answer was for.

If you don’t like leveling, go play an MMO action adventure game or maybe MMOFPS game because RPG isn’t for you.
    Last edited by Mahcake; 2021-06-23 at 10:44 AM.

More than 1.3m people here serve in the military. Over 50% of them are between 18-35.

Due to our interesting…. political & economic circumstances… a lot of people in that age range also work more than one job, and/or graduate college with $40k+ tuition debt. The US average is $37k in student debt (69% of students have it) which carries interest in a lot of cases, so people have to pay a lot for a long time.

US also has a pretty abysmal parental leave policy. It’s like 12 weeks paid maternity leave at 50% of your pay. It’s also like $5000 - $10,000 to have a kid (hospital bills).

Nobody was exaggerating about suddenly not having time to play WoW. Graduating college, buying a house and starting a family are the three pillars of lifelong debt here. Those three things combined, even with dual income, can up monthly bills to $2500+. Our minimum wage is usually about $12/hour.

Hope that helps.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mahcake View Post
    My point still stands. Leveling is a core part of WoW or you would start at max level. Those are the rules of this game. That’s what that answer was for.

If you don’t like leveling, go play an MMO action adventure game or maybe MMOFPS game because RPG isn’t for you.
    The two most popular MMORPGs offer paid skips intended for people who are returning or starting over. Maybe your ideals on the genre aren’t current.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    You don't need to look for ton of reasons why people quit WoW. Now I will blow your mind - no matter if it's Vanilla, Legjon or SL people quit cause they are bored playing same game for years. Even if you got new content it's still same game. Difference between worst and best expac/patch is not as big as people think.

Personally I didn't perma quit for two reasons 1) forced breaks, usually betweeen expacs 2) completionist game that fill time when I 'finish main game'. And obviously if I would play with same people for years and stay closed for new people/communities, I would have terrible time as well.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    World of Warcraft has seen strong enagement in Classic and Retail throughout 2020. Full year franchise net bookings grew 40% year-over-year, with sharp growth in the fourth quarter attributed to the sales of Shadowlands, reaching the highest level in nearly a decade. MAUs grew year-over-year for the sixth consecutive quarter.

you gotta be fucking kidding my dude. i literally linked it.
    99% of that growth linked is due to classic tho my dude. It’s no coincidence that every quarter they’ve had growth is when classic WoW existed and thrived

Wow classic doubled and almost tripled their sub counts