Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
2
10
11
12
  1. #221
    Stood in the Fire BrintoSFJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Bangladesh
    Posts
    460
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    it's ok because it's for gold which blizzard now sells to players.
    Blizzard doesn't sell gold, it is players who sell gold to those who want to buy with their wow tokens.
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

  2. #222
    Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    Blizzard doesn't sell gold, it is players who sell gold to those who want to buy with their wow tokens.
    blizz still makes money from tokens lol

  3. #223
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    -.-? what exactly u can't understand?
    a warlock undead player i knew in classic bought gold, his account got hacked, blizz returned it, he claimed innocence, blizz literally sent his own whisper chat to him with gold seller, another case but not don't know him personally someone made on forums and blizz published his private chat on same forum he made and faked innocence
    So no, blizz back then actually did hunt them, back then trial accounts had way more stuff to do than now (including famous corpse messages), so while blizz banned a lot they still got away with it, specially since china/korea don't even buy account like us, just gameplay time
    Blizz doesn't want to stop that now because it serves them, as i said just logging in orgrimmar and check chat every 30 min will give u a full list of ban accounts if they want, that's the bare minimum effort, they don't care, why many answered here in detail but tldr: it serves their algorithm of addiction
    and while some ppl love to believe that firing 8% of entire work staff then in 2 years fire 10% of staff won't effect wow, doubt that all those workers are purely janitors, not to mention how average activision employee is actually underpayed in comparison to any other company, while having the most overpayed ceo in usa gaming history at same time

    - - - Updated - - -


    but u can guess and have solid evidence, the easiest one is blizz themselves stopped their own tradition of publishing sub numbers since last report it was worse than classic era itself, claiming that number of players isn't important in a MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER online game, but profit is, they flat out admit that they just want to milk as much money as possible from left addicts in game instead of improve quality and recruit more players to game
    with how online everything is, u can guess, if u claim wow isn't dying and is back to being popular show us proof, back in wrath everyone talked about it including many media methods like tv and movies and news, now who even mentions it? u get news about fortnite (like it or not) but wow u must go to dedicated news website, usually about wow itself since general gaming sites don't mention wow except at exp launch at most
    So we have an anecdote that suits your agenda. Then a "they cared then and don't now" which is so subjective and unprovable I'm insulted you tried to use it as an argument. Then another assumption. Then an armchair dev "but it would be so easy a monkey could do it only reason they haven't is they don't care" nonsense. Then forgetting what the concept of a holding company is. And your "solid evidence" is coorelation which...to borrow the trite expression, does not equal causation. Then we have putting words in their mouths to suit your agenda. Then yet another person who seems to equate social media presence with popularity. Here's a tip. Popular stuff is not always good. Less popular stuff is not always bad.
    The most difficult thing for people to do is objectively look at something they don't like and be able to accept that it is not bad, that other people like it, and if it was changed to the way they'd like it that other people would not like it and want it changed back. The second most is to receive something they didn't want or ask for and be grateful for it, not immediately demand what they wanted instead.

  4. #224
    Stood in the Fire BrintoSFJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Bangladesh
    Posts
    460
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    blizz still makes money from tokens lol
    Yeah they make money from tokens. Now read back to your earlier comment and see what you claimed. Quite a revelation, right?
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

  5. #225
    Herald of the Titans Lora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Some random weird place
    Posts
    2,939
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    9.1 patch notes:

    Silenced players cannot search or apply to active groups.
    A group will automatically delist and cannot create a Group Finder listing if there is a silenced player in the group.


    Cool cool cool
    silenced people can play the game still. That is different than being banned. cool cool cool.

    Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

  6. #226
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    silenced people can play the game still. That is different than being banned. cool cool cool.
    But in 9.1 they can't get on your tits by advertising in lfg tool.

  7. #227
    Banned sam86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    WORST country on earth (aka egypt)
    Posts
    7,980
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    And your "solid evidence" is coorelation which...to borrow the trite expression, does not equal causation.
    it is 100% better than ur evidence of 'i have nothing so my word is more valid', at least i can back up my own words, what ground u have to claim the opposite?
    is my word official? of course no, but is the result of collecting as much info available, if u can find better by all means show them, instead of just say stubborn 'no' and refuse to budge
    also beside personal attack, where in ur words exactly do u see support or deny the idea that blizz attack boosters breaking blizz own code? i don't see u even mention it
    (in case u missed my post, tldr: blizz isn't cracking because it benefits them in token sales)

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    silenced people can play the game still. That is different than being banned. cool cool cool.
    it still actually a good move, i'm surprised and it just show i'm wrong and they do make - also extremely tiny - step towards right action
    i wonder if that to please and silence us players and won't effect token sales or not, still imo it is a good move, and i'm puzzled

  8. #228
    *Thinking kottick doesnt love the current boosting token meta*
    Lmao you probably think millionaires pay their fair taxes too buddy

  9. #229
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    it is 100% better than ur evidence of 'i have nothing so my word is more valid', at least i can back up my own words, what ground u have to claim the opposite?
    is my word official? of course no, but is the result of collecting as much info available, if u can find better by all means show them, instead of just say stubborn 'no' and refuse to budge
    also beside personal attack, where in ur words exactly do u see support or deny the idea that blizz attack boosters breaking blizz own code? i don't see u even mention it
    (in case u missed my post, tldr: blizz isn't cracking because it benefits them in token sales)
    So doubling down on correlation being causation. You claim to collect info... that no one but Blizzard have. Then you use the logical fallacy of "if you don't state you're against something you're really in support of it". And finish up with a conspiracy theory.
    The most difficult thing for people to do is objectively look at something they don't like and be able to accept that it is not bad, that other people like it, and if it was changed to the way they'd like it that other people would not like it and want it changed back. The second most is to receive something they didn't want or ask for and be grateful for it, not immediately demand what they wanted instead.

  10. #230
    Banned sam86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    WORST country on earth (aka egypt)
    Posts
    7,980
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    So doubling down on correlation being causation.
    so blizz was ignorant for almost 11 years, but decided to be 'cautious' after their own official numbers dropped lower than even 2004? so 'cautious' that they had a security breached that leaked data info about users, and luckily for them most playerbase was busy fighting if leaked numbers of sub is accurate or not instead of actually giving a fuck about leaked info?
    and u still didn't show proof of ur claim btw in case u missed that point, u showed nothing about how strong or weak or even if wow exist (last one is easy, just use this website as reference, but just do something)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •