Burning Crusade Classic Summer Events, Hotfixes - June 21, 2021

Burning Crusade Classic Summer Events
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    With Burning Crusade Classic launching only three weeks ago, we decided to postpone the Midsummer Fire Festival this year. It felt a little too soon to have players who might be taking their time feel the need to level up (or level up their alts) so they could make the most of Ahune, among other things. But we don’t want to skip a whole year, so we’ve decided to open the Midsummer Fire Festival in Burning Crusade Classic the week of July 20, 2021. It will return to its usual time coinciding with the real-world Northern hemisphere solar calendar in 2022.

Speaking of the week of July 20, there’s something else going on that week that we’re going to celebrate. The 2020 Summer Olympics is set to kick off that week, and we see that as the perfect opportunity to reintroduce the Spirit of Competition. This event only occurred once before in the history of WoW, to coincide with the 2008 Summer Olympics during the original Burning Crusade. We’re really looking forward to getting into the spirit again.

We’ll update the World of Warcraft blog with more details on both of these events in July.

Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes - June 21, 2021
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Burning Crusade Classic

• A new upgrade to Auction House service responsiveness was implemented for all realms.
    • Players who have completed the Trials of the Naaru without receiving the Tempest Key can now obtain one by speaking with A'dal in Shattrath City.

Trials of the Naaru are obtainable in the current phase?

Quote Originally Posted by Chillzilla View Post
    Trials of the Naaru are obtainable in the current phase?
    yes, you can complete SSC and TK attunements in preparation for further phases. You can also make progress on your BT attunement.

Blizzard, you could also reintroduce the Spirit of Competition stuff to retail, but okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Blizzard, you could also reintroduce the Spirit of Competition stuff to retail, but okay.
    The way they worded it sound like they might do that in retail as well, but it's hard to tell since it's in a TBC thread only. I don't see why they can't offer it in retail if they are redoing the event in TBC as both have the data from it and this is coming from someone who got it back then.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    olympic spirit in july20, still some time to fumble it into retail

If they for some reason reintroduce it to retail, make something new... old unobtainable stuff is great

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    The way they worded it sound like they might do that in retail as well, but it's hard to tell since it's in a TBC thread only. I don't see why they can't offer it in retail if they are redoing the event in TBC as both have the data from it and this is coming from someone who got it back then.
    Would be nice. I also got it on my original account, but.. things happened to that one.

I think the olympics thing was always pretty cool, even though I suppose it's pretty outdated now. Wish they'd built actual mini-events with rewards around it. Instead, it just happened once and disappeared.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    olympic spirit in july20, still some time to fumble it into retail
    Maybe that's what the datamined (9.0.5) phoenix mounts are about?

I dunno.