Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How to vote with your wallet

Is by not resubing until next expansion’s 10.3 patch in order to play a complete game, not an alpha/beta/incomplete/irrelevant patch that priorities money milking over providing a real mmorpg experience to the players that respects their choices and keeps their achievements valid in retail as much as how players time and achievements are treated in classic era, for example the continued need to run MC even if farming naxx for those who want the legendary mace and for gearing alts.

Also because there are other games I’m currently playing and will be playing new to-be-released games during the first patches of the next expansion, it makes more sense not to play WoW the whole time as it will compete with other games time and the sub will just sit there unused / forces me to use it which is counter to having fun.

For classic versions of WoW, I will wait until the last patch of WoTLK and the faster xp with QoL versions of the other two expansions.

At this point, my strategy is to counter actibliz’s own strategy by focusing on how to pay as little as possible and get the most for my money and time while enjoying other non-sub games or the ff14 free trial which takes about 5 years to finish for all classes.
    Last edited by RemasteredClassic; 2021-06-27 at 10:27 PM.

This is not a blog site - this is not twitter, its not facebook. But the good news is, you are free to go to any of those sites and post this. There is literally nothing to discuss here other than you posting yet another "wow bad, me quit, everyone please do as i do" blog post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    This is not a blog site - this is not twitter, its not facebook. But the good news is, you are free to go to any of those sites and post this. There is literally nothing to discuss here other than you posting yet another "wow bad, me quit, everyone please do as i do" blog post.
    I don’t think WoW is bad. This is not an I quit post either since I am already unsubbed. This is an appeal to the community to vote with their wallets and force blizzard to fix the game we all love.

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    I don’t think WoW is bad. This is not an I quit post either since I am already unsubbed. This is an appeal to the community to vote with their wallets and force blizzard to fix the game we all love.
    What gives you the authority to tell us what we should and should not spend our money on? What kind of extreme arrogance is this? You do you man, leave everyone else alone.
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

What gives you the authority to tell us what we should and should not spend our money on? What kind of extreme arrogance is this? You do you man, leave everyone else alone.
    The money is not the issue as it is equal to my daily lunch. It is however our only way to force blizzard to fix the game.

The money is not the issue as it is equal to my daily lunch. It is however our only way to force blizzard to fix the game.
    And by "fix" you mean tailor the game to you personally so its exactly what you personally want? What if i want something different to you? How do they "fix" that issue?

"I hate something therefore everyone else must too".

Stop telling people what to do with their money. Not everyone thinks the same way. And for the record, I'm probably unsubbing come September, so I'm certainly not defending the direction, but I also don't go around making pointless "please quit" threads.

And by "fix" you mean tailor the game to you personally so its exactly what you personally want? What if i want something different to you? How do they "fix" that issue?
    By fix, I mean to listen to the community’s feedback that is in the form of posts on this very forum. There are thousands of such posts posted by everyone already. They can fully ignore all of my posts, but not everyone else’s

By fix, I mean to listen to the community’s feedback that is in the form of posts on this very forum.
    What about all the completely contradictory feedback the community is giving? How do they decide who to listen to when two segments of the community have apposing opinions on something? Why the hell would Blizzard listen to feedback from a 3rd party fan site forum with a hundred users?

This is an appeal to the community to vote with their wallets and force blizzard to fix the game we all love.
    Well, they set a limit on boosted chatacters in BC. If they remove such limit, I would "vote with my wallet" and get myself a Druid and maybe a Shaman.

I'm gonna hit you with a sad dose of reality, my friend. Never, in the history of ever, has trying to rally up the community to "vote with their wallets" ever worked. Want to know why? Enough people are satisfied with the game to keep it profitable. 100% satisfied? No, probably not, but satisfied enough that they will continue to pay for the product so that they can access it.

What about all the completely contradictory feedback the community is giving? How do they decide who to listen to when two segments of the community have apposing opinions on something? Why the hell would Blizzard listen to feedback from a 3rd party fan site forum with a hundred users?
    The majority should be listened to in this case.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP is going for most threads made and closed before banning record.

Just report and move on; his intentions have been made clear from countless threads at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Qahrd View Post
    Then what gives you the authority to tell him what he cannot do or say here. He is also free to state his opinion and quite frankly, it makes sense.

The freedom of choice is a double-edged blade, bud.
    When this thread is closed, and it WILL be closed, i want you to come back and reread your post.

- - - Updated - - -

The majority should be listened to in this case.
    So they listen to the majority, and the minority quit. They do this for 15+ years, and what happens? Oh, the community gets smaller, and smaller, and smaller, until eventually you find yourself on the wrong side of the fence, and you are told "sorry mate, the majority disagree with you" < you are here now.

5+ Year Old Account
    Why is it every title I see on this site comes off as either someone being a dickhead, or telling people how to live their lives? Just because you unsubbed and decide to tell everyone "Hey I unsubbed cause of this reason" doesn't mean it should be shared. The WoW Community tends to be pretty demanding as it is. If you really don't wanna play the game. Go play one of the other mmos out there. Oh and by the way. instead of posting this on a website blizz probably never looks at. maybe post it on their forums?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vrinara View Post
    Why is it every title I see on this site comes off as either someone being a dickhead, or telling people how to live their lives? Just because you unsubbed and decide to tell everyone "Hey I unsubbed cause of this reason" doesn't mean it should be shared. The WoW Community tends to be pretty demanding as it is. If you really don't wanna play the game. Go play one of the other mmos out there. Oh and by the way. instead of posting this on a website blizz probably never looks at. maybe post it on their forums?

The titles of threads are worded that way because the majority of posters who are creating them are trolling, baiting out negative replies, and feigning sincerity. Just look at this OP’s thread history and you can see for yourself.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    The titles of threads are worded that way because the majority of posters who are creating them are trolling, baiting out negative replies, and feigning sincerity. Just look at this OP’s thread history and you can see for yourself.
    Oh yes. I see that my dude. I will be reporting the post then.

Oufh, thats some rough unnecessary dissecting of a harmless post.
    Sometimes a shovel is just a shovel and not Hitler

You mean not paying for a product you don't feel is worth your time sends a certain message to its producers? Fuck man, I don't think I would've ever figured it out if it wasn't for this enlightening post.

Thank you.

I'm torn OP. I'm excited for 9.1 and the content that comes with it, but IDK if I should listen to a random forum user on how to spend my own money. Could you give me a good reason to not have fun?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing