Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Interesting, I'll add some comments now.

You might also want to provide space for Tauren and Earthern dwarves, as well as the troll empires who were beaten back to their current locations.
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2021-06-23 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hllfrmththrsd View Post
    I would rather have Azshara scheming something in the mainline now. She could disguise herself as a normal night elf and become a ruler of new elven society (instead of Malfurion and Tyrande), the same way Onyxia did Katrana Prestor. Just imagine that we get a new elven figure only an expansion later to discover it was Azshara all along, that's something that I miss in WoW, some GoT drama.
    So, you want her to become good?

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Agreed. And I know we just had BfA, but can we have more troll stuff?

Ohh... I wonder if we'd get to meet Dazar as a living troll, and maybe even a mortal Bwonsamdi?

- - - Updated - - -

I'd love to see Dazar'alor as a mountain city too
    I think that's done with BfA. But, don't forget the Darkspear Islands we haven't been to yet in-game.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Interesting, I'll ad some comments now
    Was expecting you

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Despite the failure of my Emerald Dream Expansion concept thread (https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ream-Expansion), i decided to make another one - perhaps more familiar - for discussion.

In this expansion concept, Azshara is the main antagonist (or, at least, a pawn that drives the story forward - like Sylvanas). She took the Void portal in BfA, seeking for "the true throne of power".
    https://www.dragonlance.it/wp-conten...5921518417.jpg

That portal lead her to an alternate ancient Kalimdor (yeah, i know how much you guys hate alternate reality expansions [Draenor], but we can't mess with the main timeline), at the height of the Night elven empire.
    https://i.imgur.com/Pmbhuw6_d.webp?m...idelity=medium
    Ah, the idea of having this sort of expansion is amazing, but the route to it must change. Essentially you must have Ancient Kalimdor back and many of the original night elf places in place.

So rather than an AU, why don't we have crisis of infinite earth type story, that concerns the Jailor being defeated and the seeds of his plot reversed... which leads in a sense to changing lot of things in Azeroth but also leaving other same.

1. Sunken Kalimdor is now back , but not perfectly, so more rivers, seas than originally, but bulk
    2. All the human, dwarf, troll, tauren, orc, goblin etc places we are familiar all still stand, but revamped to non-destroyed - it is merging in a sense it doesn't erase what developed, just undoes what was destroyed as a results of his actions - good thing about fantasy is you don't have to give detailed explanations
    3. Many of the kaldorei cities and locations destroyed by the legion and sundering are back - so all your ideas below do make it in. These are the heart of the new expansion explorable content while Azeroth is revamped too.

Just the kalimdor night elf places get non-ruined places.

You forgot Vashj'ir btw.

She wants to change something that she did (like Garrosh wanted) in the past. Either, her Burning Legion allegiance or her servitude to N'zoth. She knows something that we don't. Somewhere in that place "lies the true throne of power". Whether it is by tapping directly to the Well of Eternity to gain Azeroth's power, or something that has to do with Elune (who is a prominent figure there).

We will take her out the same way we did Elisande - by combining different elven factions and groups together, as one. This threat "hits close to home", as they feel that they are somewhat accountable for Azshara's actions and the Sundering.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Jk_tPXD7xGI
    Should use a different strategy here, .. maybe Azshara starts of as a villain, b ut ends up having a point, as some thigns about her are revealed, we end up working with her instead to destroy a new threat of some sort Perhaps the jailor's unravelling actually affects Azshara in unexpected wayas and that can be used to do new things.

Therefore, the potential classes and races to be added to that expansion are elven-based.

New Class: Night Warrior
    https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/scree...?maxWidth=1050
    This class will combine several elven archetypes, like the Priestess of the Moon, the Warden and even the Dark Ranger.
    What do they have in common, you might ask? Well, both the Priestess of the Moon and Warden worship Elune as their deity and use her power. Both of them utilize owls. As of recent development (Night Warrior), both use glaives. And what does a mostly undead high elven profession has to do with it? Well, both the Priestess of the Moon and Dark Ranger use bow and arrow. As of recent development, Wardens share a common ground with Dark Rangers - Dark Wardens. With Elune featuring in Shadowlands, there is a connection to the plane of Death.

New Race: Elf
    There are several options for such a race:
    1. Wild elf - a Druidic race of Night elves with massive animalistic/botanical features, like antlers, claws, feathers, fur, roots or branches.
    https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets...jpg?1423848070
    2. Necro elf - a necromantic group of high elves, following the teachings of Dar'khan Drathir.
    https://i.ytimg.com/vi/O3NJacqO6Vo/maxresdefault.jpg
    3. Fel elf - a section of Felblood elves who broke away from their demonic masters.
    https://i0.wp.com/vignette.wikia.noc...2?resize=91,91
    Wild elf is what a lot of people think of night elves as - sigh, for me that was the Druid of the Claw.. if night elves were done more properly we'd have had this as part of their lot.

an alternative is to make this the night elf form of worgen night elves.. but Mace and I did a concept for that that had worgen night elf (call them the Ralaari). Their animal form is not just a worgen, you also have a high Arrakoa type bird man, and a saberon type cat man - and unlike the normal worrgen, this allied race can choose either humanoid form or animal form at will. But some abilities will auto switch your forms, after which you would revert back to the form you were in before you used it. the night elf form has different animal features you can customise, from having leaf hair, to antlers, to animal faun torsos or feathered arms... which animal transformation you chose will unlock customisable features for your night elf form. but like Demon hunters, you can choose vanilla night elf.

Wild elf can work well too, it will sorta help people understand the distinction between a normal night elf and a more forest elf type thing.. somethign I think the community still struggles to understand.

What about a Kyrian type adaptation?

if part of the shadowlands zones we touched bled into the living realm, we can also have parts of the four covenant zones in locations of Azeroth and perhaps gain allied races from them.

Fel elves should have more lore, imo, they should be pursued by the Illidari blood elves, who shoudl be up to different things than the Illidari night elves as both spend more time with a more accepting and even admiring home race they became what htey were to protect and who shunned them. The biggest transformation should be in night elf society.. night elves should still find demon hunters scary and not want them in their society, but, should also greatly admire them and constantly have various citizens , especially younger night elf males aspiring to be like them. allowing that institution to grow, even if it is often in fringe areas far away from population centres or forests - they stll have a mission.

Meanwhile fel blood elves are recruited aby Illidari blood elves who are trying to bolster the blood elves of Silvermoon after losing quite a few to the ren'dorei.

Zones
    The continent will feature most, if not all of the elven settlements listed on that map.

Zin-Azshari (Elun'dris/The Eye of Elune)
    https://i.ytimg.com/vi/gu7fOYsryF4/maxresdefault.jpg
    This zone will be the high-level zone of the continent (much like Suramar was). We will deal there with Azshara herself (in her elven form) and the forces she amassed, in a similar manner to Elisande. This fight will be of great importance - not just for the goal of stopping Azshara, but also for the purpose of securing a homeland for the Night elves.

Eldre'Thalas (Dire Maul)
    https://64.media.tumblr.com/1616a393...wikgm_1280.jpg
    This zone will deal with the Shen'dralar Highborne. We will see their origins, culture and way of life while also dealing with those loyal to Azshara. They are experimenting in whatever magic Azshara has set her eyes on. A group that will eventually help us are those that joined the Kaldorei. This place will be another candidate for a new night elf home. The Coliseum will serve as a PvP arena.

Then'Ralore
    https://64.media.tumblr.com/fa8bbfc2...wikgm_1280.jpg
    This zone will be a lush night elven Jungle, and within it we will deal with the Emerald Nightmare. There, we will meet a group of Jungle-like, insect riding elves (a previously scrapped idea for Night elves).

Lathar'Lazal (Blackfathom Deeps)
    https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/scree...thom-deeps.jpg
    This zone will be centered around a Night elf temple to Elune. We will learn more about her in terms of how she came to be, her relationship with the Night elves, and her powers. It will be located in the Night elven city of Zoram.

Shandaral
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Es0ba8GXcAAryUf.jpg
    This zone will be a sort of museum for Arcane relics and Artifacts. Although the conflict with the Blue Dragonflight happens 4,000 years later, i'd suggest involving them into the story to make this place more interesting. By hoarding massive amounts of Arcane relics and artifacts (some of which were stolen from the Blue Dragonflight itself), they attracted the attention of the some of its members, who are waging war against the reckless sorcery of the Highborne there.

Optional

Mount Hyjal
    Although it features on the map, i'm hesitant to give it a place in the expansion since it exists, as it is intended, in the main universe. However, a recent updated frame of it, from the Dark Abduction trailer, drew the attention of several users here:
    https://static1.gamerantimages.com/w...screenshot.jpg
    If it is so, then this zone will deal with the Wild Gods and Freya. We will meet the Dark Trolls, the ancestors of the Night elves, and visit their underground network of caverns. Apparently, Queen Azshara fears the Wild Gods (although she is said to be more powerful than Mannoroth, and only weaker to Archimonde and Sargeras). Therefore, she sends waves after waves of her special task forces to deal with them. We will figure out why she fears them and why she is desperately attempting to eliminate them.

Suramar
    As with Mount Hyjal, this zone already features in the main universe as it is supposed to be. The fact that it is even more recent (Legion) than Mount Hyjal (Cataclysm), suggests that it is even less likely to make an appearance. Even so, i figured that i can't leave this one out while most of the other zones make an appearance.
    https://i1.wp.com/lendasdeazeroth.co...r-02.jpg?ssl=1
    This zone will not include the parts of Suramar we know from Legion, but the less accentuated ones like Elune'eth, Boughs of Azshara, and Ga'han.
    We will meet an alternate version of Broxigar, who will help us against the forces of Azshara. Instead of Ronokon, the Pitlord, and Sciallax, the Demon Lord, we will deal with fearsome creatures made by Azshara's new powers to either lure the denizens of the place to join her cause (Sciallax) or crush to death those who oppose her (Ronokon). This zone will also be the place of operations for the forces of Death, as they work on some mysterious plan they have (inspired by the Nathrezim's experiments).
    You forgot Vash'jir - would be nice to see htis up and that land restored, and it should be basically the alliance target city, while Suramar for the horde, these are the two places the two factions communicate with the night elves most.

We've seen gorgeous Elundris (aka Zin'Azshari) in the daylight, they should make the towers and buildings glow a silver sparkle like the stars at night, while the vines are visible during the days, the arcane runes shining gold or purple in the silver should be visible, it should be spactacular.

Eldre'thalas should be full of wonders, the neatest and also most extravagnant magical displays, magical devices invented by magical engineers and many of hte protoypes that Azshara often wow'd her subjects with and mass exported to various cities all originate there. These are the guys that make it happen and play wiht the new forms of magic. star magic (lunar/stellar), void magic, fel magic death magic, elementla magic, light magic etc.

Love hte ocncept of Then'Ralore

Lathar'Lazor works, so I'm not sure i'ts the place for revelations of Elune, the Cathedral of Eternal night in Suramar should be. i.e. tomb of sargers, now fully restored, but it could link to lathar'lazor, or maybe Lathar'lazor could be the development of what is in Suramar.

Shandaral - should be the ones mastering multi dimensional magic, and actually shandaral partly phased to a new dimension during the original sundering as its way of surviving, part of the city did, but a small section did not, and if this event hadn't happened, It may have made a surprising return similar to suramar. If blizz ever revamp Northrend, they could use Crystalsong as the night elf zone and do Shandaral properly using something similar to this plot.

Mount Hyjal was there in the pre-sundering era, so nothing is really changed. I just think they should wipe out Rhonin/Broxigar and krasus trip, and instead write meaningful roles for them here to recapture a similar level but with all that bronze dragon flight/infinite interreference in the book undone.

Suramar is the plaec where artifacts were studied and kept, off course the city remains as if, xcpet the other half that sunk is back, it is basically a mirror of the first half dominated by the priesthood', who's catehedral zone like Suramar Palace (aka the Ngihthold) was the Highborne ruler of the city's seat of power.. during hte War of the ancients, the Priesthood is most influential in Suramar even though the two castes were so different. I think exploring the Order of ELune here more so than any place is best.

The original well of eternity, this should be at the heart of so mucuh, restored, the night elves may have the upperhand in it's contorl as i'ts at the heart of thei civilziation, but every able bodeid race wants a slice. The nightborne have legitimate claim as nighte lves.. the Thlassians also shrug off thier proud dissociation with thier past as night elves and use that connection to lay claim.. we nkow who the factions will rally behind on each side.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am aware that this is way too elvish-centered of an expansion. But, i just couldn't think of anything else that would match this setting.

P.S. - Ravenmoon will probably love it
    Haha, yes, I think this is why we got Legion the way we did, I think this is what they wanted to do, but because of the criticism of alternate reality, etc spun a new story.

I think Shadowlands lore provides a great magical story to avoid another time trip/alternate reality and actually have all that stuff from the past in the present alongside everything that is in Azeroth, so they essentially just revamp existing Eastern Kigndoms and Kalimdor and add the sunken Kalimdor back , with a well.

But yeh, i love it never mind my comments..

- - - Updated - - -

You might also want to provide space for Tauren and Earthern dwarves, as well as the troll empires who were beaten back to their current locations.

Ah, the idea of having this sort of expansion is amazing, but the route to it must change. Essentially you must have Ancient Kalimdor back and many of the original night elf places in place.

So rather than an AU, why don't we have crisis of infinite earth type story, that concerns the Jailor being defeated and the seeds of his plot reversed... which leads in a sense to changing lot of things in Azeroth but also leaving other same.

1. Sunken Kalimdor is now back , but not perfectly, so more rivers, seas than originally, but bulk
    2. All the human, dwarf, troll, tauren, orc, goblin etc places we are familiar all still stand, but revamped to non-destroyed - it is merging in a sense it doesn't erase what developed, just undoes what was destroyed as a results of his actions - good thing about fantasy is you don't have to give detailed explanations
    3. Many of the kaldorei cities and locations destroyed by the legion and sundering are back - so all your ideas below do make it in. These are the heart of the new expansion explorable content while Azeroth is revamped too.

Just the kalimdor night elf places get non-ruined places.

You forgot Vashj'ir btw.
    I didn't want to mess with the main timeline. For example, Zin-Azshari and Eldre'thalas already exist as Naz'jatar and Dire Maul. Are we just gonna get rid of them in favor of new ones? Crystalsong forest and Blackfathom Deeps are gonna be replaced with new versions (that are basically older)? By the way, this expansion does not need to happen after Shadowlands. It can come whenever.
    And, i didn't forget Vash'jir. It wasn't listed on that Chronicle map.

Should use a different strategy here, .. maybe Azshara starts of as a villain, b ut ends up having a point, as some thigns about her are revealed, we end up working with her instead to destroy a new threat of some sort Perhaps the jailor's unravelling actually affects Azshara in unexpected wayas and that can be used to do new things.
    That's just going the current Sylvanas route. I'm not sure i'd like that. Otherwise, she's not so much threatening.
    Again, it doesn't have to do with the Jailer and the Shadowlands. This expansion can come whenever.

Wild elf is what a lot of people think of night elves as - sigh, for me that was the Druid of the Claw.. if night elves were done more properly we'd have had this as part of their lot.

an alternative is to make this the night elf form of worgen night elves.. but Mace and I did a concept for that that had worgen night elf (call them the Ralaari). Their animal form is not just a worgen, you also have a high Arrakoa type bird man, and a saberon type cat man - and unlike the normal worrgen, this allied race can choose either humanoid form or animal form at will. But some abilities will auto switch your forms, after which you would revert back to the form you were in before you used it. the night elf form has different animal features you can customise, from having leaf hair, to antlers, to animal faun torsos or feathered arms... which animal transformation you chose will unlock customisable features for your night elf form. but like Demon hunters, you can choose vanilla night elf.

Wild elf can work well too, it will sorta help people understand the distinction between a normal night elf and a more forest elf type thing.. somethign I think the community still struggles to understand.
    And yet, they didn't give night elves antlers, claws, feathers and such. That's why i'm suggesting this race (previously called "Feral elf", but i changed it).

I think what you suggested is more of a customisable Night elf Druid. Cat form? Saberon. Moonkin form? Arrakoa. I want to focus on the race itself, rather than its forms. They can be races of their own (Saberon, for example). For instance, the Gilneans humans do not have animalistic features despite being cursed by the Worgen curse. I don't want the Forms' customization to take the spotlight from the race, like Worgen does. I want it to have many animal customization options itself, regardless of what type of animal it is associated with.

What about a Kyrian type adaptation?

if part of the shadowlands zones we touched bled into the living realm, we can also have parts of the four covenant zones in locations of Azeroth and perhaps gain allied races from them.
    They are gonna be allied races, regardless of this expansion concept thread. Kyrian, Venthyr, Sylvan and Gladiator are all gonna be playable in the future. It doesn't have anything to do with this idea.

Fel elves should have more lore, imo, they should be pursued by the Illidari blood elves, who shoudl be up to different things than the Illidari night elves as both spend more time with a more accepting and even admiring home race they became what htey were to protect and who shunned them. The biggest transformation should be in night elf society.. night elves should still find demon hunters scary and not want them in their society, but, should also greatly admire them and constantly have various citizens , especially younger night elf males aspiring to be like them. allowing that institution to grow, even if it is often in fringe areas far away from population centres or forests - they stll have a mission.

Meanwhile fel blood elves are recruited aby Illidari blood elves who are trying to bolster the blood elves of Silvermoon after losing quite a few to the ren'dorei.
    A possibility, as well. I just didn't put much thought into their recruitment scenario.

You forgot Vash'jir - would be nice to see htis up and that land restored, and it should be basically the alliance target city, while Suramar for the horde, these are the two places the two factions communicate with the night elves most.
    Again, i didn't. It wasn't listed on the map.

We've seen gorgeous Elundris (aka Zin'Azshari) in the daylight, they should make the towers and buildings glow a silver sparkle like the stars at night, while the vines are visible during the days, the arcane runes shining gold or purple in the silver should be visible, it should be spactacular.
    Gorgeous it is, indeed:

Eldre'thalas should be full of wonders, the neatest and also most extravagnant magical displays, magical devices invented by magical engineers and many of hte protoypes that Azshara often wow'd her subjects with and mass exported to various cities all originate there. These are the guys that make it happen and play wiht the new forms of magic. star magic (lunar/stellar), void magic, fel magic death magic, elementla magic, light magic etc.
    WoW. Didn't think of various different magics. Just those that Azshara has been trying to get her hands on. Good idea.

Love hte ocncept of Then'Ralore
    You did? it was the shortest. At first, i thought of it as a Night elven forest. But, then i read that place is referred to, sometimes, as a Jungle in its current form, so i decided to change it from yet another night elven forest. Then, i remembered reading about the Night elves origins when i did the Races' origins thread, and it said that they were envisioned, at one point, as a Jungle-like insect riders, so i took that and thought it matched perfectly with the setting of the zone. The Emerald Nightmare is from current story in the Barrens.

Lathar'Lazor works, so I'm not sure i'ts the place for revelations of Elune, the Cathedral of Eternal night in Suramar should be. i.e. tomb of sargers, now fully restored, but it could link to lathar'lazor, or maybe Lathar'lazor could be the development of what is in Suramar.
    Thing is, i did Lathar'lazal first. And it is said to be a Night elven temple to Elune. Then, i did Suramar and encountered with a temple to Elune, as well. I thought to myself "two zones with the same theme?" that's too much. I can't take it out of Blackfathom Deeps because it is all it is. There's nothing else to that zone (except for the city of Zoram, which doesn't have much info). Meanwhile, Suramar has other aspects. So, temple of Elune stayed with that place, rather than with Suramar.

Shandaral - should be the ones mastering multi dimensional magic, and actually shandaral partly phased to a new dimension during the original sundering as its way of surviving, part of the city did, but a small section did not, and if this event hadn't happened, It may have made a surprising return similar to suramar. If blizz ever revamp Northrend, they could use Crystalsong as the night elf zone and do Shandaral properly using something similar to this plot.
    Yea, i don't know about revamping backwards. One minute it is crystallized because of their actions, the other minute (revamped) it didn't happen at all yet? That's why we have alternate Draenor and not current draenor. Because Outland couldn't revert to its old looks.

Mount Hyjal was there in the pre-sundering era, so nothing is really changed. I just think they should wipe out Rhonin/Broxigar and krasus trip, and instead write meaningful roles for them here to recapture a similar level but with all that bronze dragon flight/infinite interreference in the book undone.
    Whatever works, man. I just think they would be popular characters.

Suramar is the plaec where artifacts were studied and kept, off course the city remains as if, xcpet the other half that sunk is back, it is basically a mirror of the first half dominated by the priesthood', who's catehedral zone like Suramar Palace (aka the Ngihthold) was the Highborne ruler of the city's seat of power.. during hte War of the ancients, the Priesthood is most influential in Suramar even though the two castes were so different. I think exploring the Order of ELune here more so than any place is best.
    Again, Shandaral is described as such, so i can't give both places the Artifacts and Relics theme. Suramar has enough to stand on its own. Shandalar doesn't.
    Again, if the Order of Elune would feature in Suramar, Lathar'Lazal (Blackfathom Deeps) would be left with nothing.

The original well of eternity, this should be at the heart of so mucuh, restored, the night elves may have the upperhand in it's contorl as i'ts at the heart of thei civilziation, but every able bodeid race wants a slice. The nightborne have legitimate claim as nighte lves.. the Thlassians also shrug off thier proud dissociation with thier past as night elves and use that connection to lay claim.. we nkow who the factions will rally behind on each side.
    Cool. So the elven factions that rally against Azshara will have inner conflicts? That would spice things up. I like it.

Haha, yes, I think this is why we got Legion the way we did, I think this is what they wanted to do, but because of the criticism of alternate reality, etc spun a new story.
    I have no idea what Legion was supposed to be.

I think Shadowlands lore provides a great magical story to avoid another time trip/alternate reality and actually have all that stuff from the past in the present alongside everything that is in Azeroth, so they essentially just revamp existing Eastern Kigndoms and Kalimdor and add the sunken Kalimdor back , with a well.
    Again, Shadowlands doesn't have to be its predecessor.
    Besides, how do you revamp backwards instead of onward? Does Naz'jatar suddenly turns into a sprawling city? Does Crystalsong forest uncrystalyzes? Does Blackfathom Deeps return to its former glory?

But yeh, i love it never mind my comments..

I don't know. It's the height of the night elven empire. Where do Tauren fit into the story? Earthen? Dark Trolls will feature in Mount Hyjal. I think it would be interesting.

Again, i didn't. It wasn't listed on the map.

But the map doesn't show every city of the kaldorei empire/civilization - I never thought it did, and in game shows this

But the map doesn't show every city of the kaldorei empire/civilization - I never thought it did, and in game shows this
    The expansion is based on Ancient Kalimdor, at the height of the Night elven Empire. I based it on the map that represents it. If it doesn't list anything else, i guess it's not important enough.

The problem with this concept is it's about time travel - back to the days of the WoTA.
    Now it can be done, but you've said "fighting against Azshara in her Elven form to stop her."

If time travel is anything to go by, the Bronze Dragonflight are the ones who would say "No, we've got to let Azshara continue what she's doing, because otherwise, time will be messed up." I mean, if Azshara didn't sunder the continent, Lordaeron, the Blood Elves, Quel'Thalas, Stormwind...Kul'Tiras, the Dark Portal - none of that would have happened.

It could work, but it would be a very weird expansion, just like WoD. In the end, we'd...have to fight...with the bad guy (or girl in this case.)

I'm in favor of this for no better reason than to see the threads of High-elf roleplayers actually implode.
    Yes I enjoy seeing the world burn from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    The problem with this concept is it's about time travel - back to the days of the WoTA.
    Now it can be done, but you've said "fighting against Azshara in her Elven form to stop her."

If time travel is anything to go by, the Bronze Dragonflight are the ones who would say "No, we've got to let Azshara continue what she's doing, because otherwise, time will be messed up." I mean, if Azshara didn't sunder the continent, Lordaeron, the Blood Elves, Quel'Thalas, Stormwind...Kul'Tiras, the Dark Portal - none of that would have happened.

It could work, but it would be a very weird expansion, just like WoD. In the end, we'd...have to fight...with the bad guy (or girl in this case.)
    Why should she continue as is? Her servitude to N'zoth led her nowhere. Her allegiance to the Legion didn't bear much fruit. As she said "i'm tired of intermediaries and heralds". This time she's gonna do this on her own.

I actually really liked the new class concept.
    It's a great idea to grab 3 concepts that are too slim to be it's own class and smash them together in one that has a common thread.

The only problem is the night warrior shouldn't really be using shadow damage being elune oriented? Seems like a stretch but i like it notheless. Getting warden, dark ranger and a new spec into the nigt warrior "class".
    With that said... new pure dps classes are unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    I actually really liked the new class concept.
    It's a great idea to grab 3 concepts that are too slim to be it's own class and smash them together in one that has a common thread.

The only problem is the night warrior shouldn't really be using shadow damage being elune oriented? Seems like a stretch but i like it notheless. Getting warden, dark ranger and a new spec into the nigt warrior "class".
    With that said... new pure dps classes are unlikely.
    If you liked it, go see my classes thread:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...pecializations
    I think you'll be amazed at how much potential this class concept has.
    By the way, it's not a pure DPS class. Dark Ranger will serve as a DPS, Warden as a Tank, and Priestess of the Moon as a Healer.

Despite the failure of my Emerald Dream Expansion concept thread (https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ream-Expansion), i decided to make another one - perhaps more familiar - for discussion.
    This is beautiful, it would be an amazing expansion.

No better, it would be an amazing game - they should release it as a game and make it possible to import to world of Warcraft which would build some raids and race quests regarding the zones while wow shifts to a new expansion plot.

this would be awesome with a revamp expansion I like @ravenmoon's idea of having the kaldorei empire places back along with the current places and everyone vying for the Well of Eternity control... be interesting to see the height of the night elves, with the height of the trolls, with the height of the humans, the height of the High elves .. and all the current races and sub races still around

Can you imagine what eastern kingdoms will be like in the north, with troll burial sites popping up with a radiant Silvermoon and let the battle s begin.

Who would fight, who would steal, who would corporate together.

Could lead to Zin'Azshari becoming some sort of global capital city.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dancaris View Post
    Wish there will be some rewamp/rethinking of wow in next couple expansions. To remove allied races, merge them to main races and add more. Remove H/A hard choice and make it reputation-like
    Your suggestion will be like:
    you pick elves and choose subrace - blood elves, night elves, nightborne and void elves. Heritage armor will be subraces picked. And then you play any faction that you like. Want to love Silvermoon and hate Orgrimmar? Great, pick BE reputation and dont pick orcs. Or dwarfs, or trolls.
    Or your pick trolls and choose subrace - zandalari, Dark Spear, Raventusk, sand trolls (maybe from Vol'Dun and not from Tanaris) or snow trolls from Northrend.
    Or taurens with mulgore ones, Highmountain, Taunka or Yaungols.
    Orcs - Orgrimmar ones, Mag'Hars. Other kinds are too similar with mag'hars. Or swore enemies with other orcs. Maybe some fel orcs, but there must be some lore explanations to join them to other orcs. They are much hated by them.
    Humans - Stormwind ones, Kul-Tirans, Worgens. They are all humans, so easy pick.
    Dwarfs - Dark iron, Ironforge, Wildhammer. Easy
    Gnomes - Gnomeregan and mechagnomes.
    Draenei - Exodar and Lightforged.
    Undead - undead humans, undead elves, forsaken ones.
    Goblins - Biglewater and gibgoblins from nazjatar. Dunno about Vulperas.

This could work for players. I would really like this.
    Then they can actually write faction lore more organically, since you are not necessarily hard wired to a faction, the races you play can dance around by choice, you can play a Draenei for the blood elves, or for night elves or nightborne if you choose. You can play a void elf with the blood elves - despite the race choosing different allegiance.

This doesn't affect how the race your playing is behaving in the story, .. but you can always have extra material for your chosen race.. so if you want more blood elf lore, you need to be playing a blood elf/high elf/void elf

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post

i agree, they should find a way to do this without time travel or AU, it should happen in our Main universe, in our current timeline or a litlte bit in front, I don't know how, but it's a great idea to have, just not via time travel or going to AUs

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    This is beautiful, it would be an amazing expansion.

No better, it would be an amazing game - they should release it as a game and make it possible to import to world of Warcraft which would build some raids and race quests regarding the zones while wow shifts to a new expansion plot.
    You mean this one or the Emerald Dream concept?

You mean this one or the Emerald Dream concept?
    I mean this one.

emerald dream concept was also good, shows you how much you can do.. blizzard were just lazy to be creative when they said the emerald dream is nothing but green plains... hat a b/s excuse.. if they could make northrend interesting, and it was a barren frozen wasteland, they could make a mysterious zone like the emerald dream interesting. They just didn't want to think much about it.

Same with this.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    "New race: Elf"... Noooooope!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    I mean this one.

emerald dream concept was also good, shows you how much you can do.. blizzard were just lazy to be creative when they said the emerald dream is nothing but green plains... hat a b/s excuse.. if they could make northrend interesting, and it was a barren frozen wasteland, they could make a mysterious zone like the emerald dream interesting. They just didn't want to think much about it.

Same with this.
    Yes. There's so much potential to these expansions. Who would have thought the Broken Isles would be more than just Night elven ruins? Who would have thought that the Shadowlands will be more than just a grey version of Azeroth? Even Tel'abim, an Island consisting only of Banana trees can be made into an interesting place.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    "New race: Elf"... Noooooope!

I understand your revulsion.

Why should she continue as is? Her servitude to N'zoth led her nowhere. Her allegiance to the Legion didn't bear much fruit. As she said "i'm tired of intermediaries and heralds". This time she's gonna do this on her own.
    Because you talk about ancient Kalimdor.

Night Elf Queen Azshara didn't know N'Zoth at the time when she was Queen of the Elves. They only met after Zin-Azshari was sunk and her Empire was being ruined by the Sundering.

Anything related to ancient Kalimdor will obviously involve the WoTA and as far as the Bronze Dragonflight are concerned, the events of the WoTA must play out as they do, in order for time to be consistent.
    The only Bronze Dragons who would be against this are the Infinite Dragonflight, where I suppose one could be in a handsome High Elf guise and within that guise, use it to win Azshara's favor. He could convince her that Xavius is a traitor, he is after her throne and that he must be executed - or maybe, encourage the idea of Tal'ashar, where he challenges Xavius for the mantle of "Councillor."

But here you see things are getting messy and complicated. Xavius, Azshara - they are villains. Why would we work with Xavius so he could bring the Legion here? Why would we work with Azshara, to stop the Legion, but with no Sundering - that means the future events wouldn't occur. (Quel'Thalas, First War, Second War, Third War, Fourth War, Lordaeron)

How would the non-sundered Kalimdor be implemented? If the existing scale is conserved (as in, having non-sundered zones exist alongside sundered ones), it would be the largest continent ever implemented (which I'd not be opposed to, but I don't see it happening at all). If the scale is diminished, it might also reduce the epicness of the concept.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    There should be more customization options that we've been missing for Night Elves.

Since day 1 I've wanted a burly Night Elf like a proper Druid of the Claw.

"I'm awake, I'm awake"

They were awesome

It's not the worst idea but I am honestly tired of Elven Ruins. I like the shout out of having Azshara and Xavius working together again. Kinda weird to picture, but I didn't mind the idea.

Most of my disappointment for Nazjatar (For the areas I was not impressed by. That doesn't mean its entirety.) was quite a bit of it was Elven ruins again. Which we have seen a lot of that in this games entirety... they spent over 10,000 years in the sea and didn't create new infrastructures? I just, can't even.. *face palm*

Seeing architecture that is not in ruins is just amazing. Suramar being a prime example of this. One of my favorite zones. I loved you Suramar. I loved you. Someone posted a concept art to remind me how magnificent it was.
    If they want to keep pursuing more Elven architecture or zones. Which in all honesty.. we don't need. I do understand people mentioning having a new home for the Night Elves tho.. I would like to see something similar to the concept of Lothlórien. I love when they have areas that tower trees and it makes sense for that particular Elven race. That's why I enjoyed certain areas in terrokar forest, spires of arak and ardenweald there is an area similar to this. It's rare that these zones are on grand scale with this concept.

The reality is we just got a forest area in Ardenweald and the Night Elves have been getting overexposure. I thought some the ideas in this thread were nice.