Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Due to recent information, could it be that they're pushing Dark Ranger/Night Warrior connections even further?

First of all, both of them now have blue eyes:

Different blue eyes, yes, but blue nonetheless.

Both of these new eye colors were revealed in a recent 9.1 cinematic:

Elune is suggested to be not only a Life goddess, but also a Death one:

Notice the half crescent moon in the word "Death".

And we know Zovaal, who empowered Sylvanas, is a being of Death.
    Last edited by username993720; 2021-07-28 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    The Original plan for Wod was for Garrosh to go to Outland, in order to raise an army there. Instead blizz chose an alternate universe with time-travel on top.
    Which would have been better, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    What would be the setting if Outland did happen?
    Considering 'horn of Nozdormu' is the macguffin, it could have played out similarly to Warlords of Draenor settings. Garrosh going all over the place and uses the horn to 'remake' Outland in his image of Draenor as it once was. And if that were the case, I can see how an alternate timeline would be the simpler solution to a potentially convoluted plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Considering 'horn of Nozdormu' is the macguffin, it could have played out similarly to Warlords of Draenor settings. Garrosh going all over the place and uses the horn to 'remake' Outland in his image of Draenor as it once was. And if that were the case, I can see how an alternate timeline would be the simpler solution to a potentially convoluted plot.
    Ok, but what do you think about the blue eyes thingy? a coincidence?

Could just be visual symbolism for her having a complete soul again.

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/wo...l_Sylvanas.jpg
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-07-28 at 05:10 PM.

Didn't Sylvanas always have blue eyes in life? Could just be visual symbolism for her having a complete soul again.
    Yes, of course.
    But, what's up with this blue eyes trend? Now Tyrande also have blue eyes? for what reason?

Yes, of course.
    But, what's up with this blue eyes trend? Now Tyrande also have blue eyes? for what reason?
    Looks like standard Night Elf eye color to me. It's always been bluish white.

If they wanted to make a significant connection, they wouldn't be defaulting to the standard bluish eye colors that already exist for High Elf and Night Elf. It'd be something totally new like purple glow or golden glow; the exact same way that Night Warrior is literally black eyes and not just 'a different shade of blue'.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-07-28 at 05:30 PM.

The fuck?

It has always been silver...

The fuck?

It has always been silver...
    Depends on the artist depiction.

The art is never 100% consistent, and her eyes have ranged from silvery white to greenish to bluish, depending on the source.

Here she is with bluish eyes, edging on teal/green.

And same model, squinting it's more blue.

And let's not forget, if you're that hung up on the eyes, remember that her hair color was originally black/deep blue.

Last edited by Triceron; 2021-07-28 at 05:38 PM.

Not only Night Elves, but Draenei also have blue eyes though it seems to be a lighter shade of blue. I used to believe it was a way of representing 'the light', but with Sylvanas and Anduin also having this, I believe it could be used to represent a being with a soul as well, but only in specific cases?

It doesn't seem to apply to most races which makes it more difficult to pin down the specific link. Maybe there's nothing further behind it, and it just happened to be a good colour to represent some sort of outside influence being a part of that being, whether that is the light or being mind controlled (as in the case of Anduin and the other leaders when the Jailer took hold of them).

They couldn't have used Green, because that's linked strongly with Fel. Purple would be strongly linked with death magic, perhaps void. Gold is strongly associated with 'sun based light', such as blood elves born before the Sunwell was corrupted and after it was purified and I suppose Tauren Paladins could technically take on this eye colour.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn20 View Post
    They couldn't have used Green, because that's linked strongly with Fel. Purple would be strongly linked with death magic, perhaps void. Gold is strongly associated with 'sun based light', such as blood elves born before the Sunwell was corrupted and after it was purified and I suppose Tauren Paladins could technically take on this eye colour.
    It was just an example, and there are plenty of places that used green eyes without the immediate association with Fel.

Last edited by Triceron; 2021-07-28 at 05:47 PM.

Depends on the artist depiction.

The art is never 100% consistent, and her eyes have ranged from silvery white to greenish to bluish, depending on the source.
    Fuck me.
    Then, what's the point of focusing on their eyes in the end of cinematics?

Fuck me.
    Then, what's the point of focusing on their eyes in the end of cinematics?
    ... There isn't?

To me, all it means is that both of these characters have 'returned to normal', and not influenced by hatred/vengeance.

I mean, we had this whole debate before with Dark Rangers with red eyes, and assuming that any Forsaken raised by Sylvanas would have red eyes. But then we have Jaina's brother who doesn't have the red eyes. To me, it seems red eyes is symbolically used to represent hatred/vengeance, while normal eyes implies some level of normalcy/acceptance.

... There isn't?

To me, all it means is that both of these characters have 'returned to normal', and not influenced by hatred/vengeance.

I mean, we had this whole debate before with Dark Rangers with red eyes, and assuming that any Forsaken raised by Sylvanas would have red eyes. But then we have Jaina's brother who doesn't have the red eyes. To me, it seems red eyes is symbolically used to represent hatred/vengeance, while normal eyes implies some level of normalcy/acceptance.
    Red eyes symbolize Dark Ranger/Warden

Don't put too much stock into the consistency of NElf eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Don't put too much stock into the consistency of NElf eyes...
    I didn't.

But, this trend of blue eyes is suspicious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas got her High Elf eyes back after getting her full soul.

Tyrande's eyes returned to blue after the Night Warrior power was taken away from her.

There is no connection.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Sylvanas got her High Elf eyes back after getting her full soul.

Tyrande's eyes returned to blue after the Night Warrior power was taken away from her.

There is no connection.
    Maybe it was because i was used to her new model having black eyes that i forgot her previous one had blue eyes.

Red eyes symbolize Dark Ranger/Warden
    Not anymore

I doubt Sylvanas is getting any formal class change just because her eyes change color. But who knows, she's been so unique and was the only one who used Banshee powers that we don't really know if she's lost all that because she has her soul back.

Not anymore

I doubt Sylvanas is getting any formal class change just because her eyes change color. But who knows, she's been so unique and was the only one who used Banshee powers that we don't really know if she's lost all that because she has her soul back.
    That's not really an example.
    Every other Dark Ranger/Warden have those.