Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Did AMD users have this issue as well or is this an nVidia only mess?

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Did AMD users have this issue as well or is this an nVidia only mess?
    Nvidia mess

Had it happening on dx11 as well, got jnto a dg that i almost wasnt able to ser the dk since he was flickering like crazy

Does dx12 even change anything?

i have been using dx11 all this time due to this problem and i dont notice any difference in looks or performance, is there any reason to use dx12 again?

I installed this driver and my monitors STARTED to flicker LOL

Quote Originally Posted by yuze View Post
    Does dx12 even change anything?

i have been using dx11 all this time due to this problem and i dont notice any difference in looks or performance, is there any reason to use dx12 again?
    not really no, i usually get 5-10 more fps with dx11

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    yay, it only took them 5 months
    Sounds like Blizzard must directly ask Nvidia to fix it. It's not coincidence it happened just week before patch.

7+ Year Old Account
    Finally that flickering issue has been resolved; god dam that was annoying.

Does it fix TBC Classic as well? I've had it bad in all wow versions since like December.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Finally that flickering issue has been resolved; god dam that was annoying.
    Well, I'm not (or wasn't) seeing flicking in Bastion and Ard but I am now seeing all the bushes in Rev flicker.

Edit:
    Changing to DX11 removed the flickering.
    Last edited by callipygoustp; 2021-06-24 at 03:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Just curious, if you didn't update how do you know the drivers haven't fixed the issue?
    the issue has been tracked by nvidia themselves at every driver update. they provide changelogs at every driver update, and for the past 6 or so months this issue has been open and known.

i personally follow the driver updates through r/nvidia to see if it's okay to update or not (because there was this one driver that would brick your system if you were on a 1080 ti and i'm glad i read user reports before updating) and it's amusing seeing that i'm not the only one that can't believe it takes them so long to fix these issues. this is the post for the driver previous to this some 20 days ago https://old.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comm...faqdiscussion/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Railander View Post
    the issue has been tracked by nvidia themselves at every driver update. they provide changelogs at every driver update, and for the past 6 or so months this issue has been open and known.

i personally follow the driver updates through r/nvidia to see if it's okay to update or not (because there was this one driver that would brick your system if you were on a 1080 ti and i'm glad i read user reports before updating) and it's amusing seeing that i'm not the only one that can't believe it takes them so long to fix these issues. this is the post for the driver previous to this some 20 days ago https://old.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comm...faqdiscussion/
    I see! Thanks for the link and explanation. I always update my drivers pretty much as soon as the driver comes out (or when GeForce Experience pops up telling me there is a new driver). I'll probably break that habit and check r/nvidia beforehand...

I can remember 15 odd years ago (or maybe even longer, cba to check haha) how nvidia had superior drivers to back then ATI, now AMD. How the mighty have fallen...

Not really fixed. Still getting flickering in Necrolord covenant.

15+ Year Old Account
    yeah, kinda think the news post should be edited as it's clear this driver update does not fix the issue. I went back to DirectX 12 and the flickering was still there, back to DirectX 11 I go.

The fix was to set gpu from auto detect to what you had.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    The fix was to set gpu from auto detect to what you had.
    definitely dont do that. that's not a "fix". you're probably running on integrated graphics.

7+ Year Old Account
    From the official forums, something that may help others:
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...ing/766732/884

To those having issues with the new drivers still causing the flickering:

Hit start
    Type the word about
    Click on about your PC
    Post your specs for
    Edition
    Version
    OS Build
    Experience
    For example, mine says:

Windows 10 Home
    21H1
    Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0
    There was a preview update the other day, KB5003690, that works well with the new Nvidia driver version and addresses a few issues. It could be that you guys running the new 471.11 drivers, and that are having issues still, need to update your windows build all the way. Like if you’re on a really old build like 1803 or something.
    I did update to 471.11 but I was still seeing flickering. As I mentioned a few posts back, in this thread, setting graphics to Dx11 resolved the flickering.

Saw the above linked post this morning and found that win10 was not fully updated on my machine. Updated win10 to the version mentioned in the the above thread, changed my graphics api back to dx12, and i have yet to see any flickering anywhere.

Certainly can't say this will resolve the issue for everyone, but, having worked for me figured I would share it here in case some folks with the problem come to mmo-c but not the official forums.