Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Kinda what we get with account wide achievements and unlocks and also what was sorely needed with 9.0 and what we're getting somewhat fixed in 9.1.

If I've unlocked everything on one covenant, when I make a new alt with the same covenant, I don't want to do the whole thing again. We will have catchups in 9.1 which is a massive relief but it's still not quite the same thing because we don't have the same unlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Free race change when it is implemented, problem solved wall of text.
    with the "wall of text" comment it is obvious you didn't read a damn thing I posted. Try reading it before commenting as your comment didn't address a single thing I said.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    You don't tell your close friends to fuck off? I do all the time when they say or do stupid shit lmao. Grow a pair lol.
    Ah ye, good advice: be a douchebag and grow a pair.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

For me it's a big NO, I dislike the job system in FF14, I prefer alts.
    First reason, I like a character being good at something specific, this character is a mage, not a paladin mage rogue warrior.
    Second, I feel alts being a different race/gender is more interesting than the same character with a different weapon.

What I think could be looked at though is some of the most tedious systems like soulbinds, perhaps getting additional soulbinds for your alts becomes progressively easier for everyone you max out? Or If you have one character with full 226 conduits they can buy some "boon" from Venari for a couple thousand stygia that sets your alts soulbinds at 200 across the board?

I would hate it honestly.

I think you guys are missing the big picture.

You simply cannot break down other games into 'system component', then remove said component from other games and 'install' that 'system component' into WOW like a removable battery. You can do that, but without understand the design concept behind said 'system component', you will just end up blindly adding 'system' like what WOW does right now.

FF14's idea of one character multiple job is not a removable battery. It is supported by many many big and small design concept. How their duty works, how their traveling system works, how FATE works, how their pass zones / expansions being mostly unaffected by new expansion (aka no 'global' borrow power), and most importantly how currency works. These are the critical structure that support FF14's one character multiple job system.

If you blindly 'install' that into WOW, you get a mess.
    Last edited by gobio; 2021-06-24 at 04:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gobio View Post
    I think you guys are missing the big picture.

You simply cannot break down other games into 'system component', then remove said component from other games and 'install' that 'system component' into WOW like a removable battery. You can do that, but without understand the design concept behind said 'system component', you will just end up blindly adding 'system' like what WOW does right now.

FF14's idea of one character multiple job is not a removable battery. It is supported by many many big and small design concept. How their duty works, how their traveling system works, how FATE works, how their pass zones / expansions being mostly unaffected by new expansion (aka no 'global' borrow power), and most importantly how currency works. These are the critical structure that support FF14's one character multiple job system.

If you blindly 'install' that into WOW, you get a mess.
    I disagree. WoW is already very similar in the systems you mention, at least the majority of it. WoW has scaling, from level 1 all the way to level 60. Most of what FF14 does is scaling down (level sync) and WoW is capable of doing just that nowadays. I don't see how travelling is different in FF14 vs WoW. You have predetermined travelling routes and flying mounts/ground mounts. The big difference is borrowed power in WoW, which FF14 does not really have to my knowledge. But fundamentally the games are very similar in systems and what they are capable of.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Honestly? Yes, fuck leveling. It's an outdated slugfest designed to forcibly increase time played. Maybe it was fun 10-15 years ago, but now it's a mindless chore that presents an obstacle to more rewarding endgame play. I would KILL for an MMO where you only need to level a character once and after that any alts you roll start at the level of your highest char.
    Yes. Agree! To me WoW would be better this way