Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Would you enjoy a system where you can change your class just like we can change our talents/spec? I am proposing this because while I tried a little bit of FF14 a few years ago, what I really loved was the ability to change my class whenever I felt like it. I was amazed how fluid and easy it was implemented and now that I am sick of my mage and paladin in Shadowlands, I was thinking of trying a new class. The leveling and gearing is not the problem, but the need to do all the systems around it again. Unlock all the covenant stuff, reputation with Venari, Torghast etc. all of this is boring and I have already done once or twice.

I have lots of ashes left to make new legendaries on both my characters, but it just rots there and if I was able to change my class on my Nightborne elf to a priest for example I could use that. Same with Valor points, it just rots on my mage. Basically, if I was to change from mage to priest I am back to level 1, but I keep all my currencies, all gear I have since both use cloth (which would not work if you change from cloth to leather for example obviously where you would need to farm leather gear then) I can re-do the leveling content, but keep endgame systems, can use the mount from level 1 etc. If you played FF14 you will know what I mean, it is really well done.
    One of the biggest issues is that not every race can be every class. If you pick an undead you can't be a paladin, druid, demon hunter, or shaman. If you pick a goblin you can't be a demon hunter, druid, monk, or paladin. If you pick a pandaren you can't be a warlock, demon hunter, druid, paladin. If you pick a night elf you can't be a warlock, paladin, or shaman. If you pick a Lightforged you can't be a demon hunter, monk, shaman, druid, warlock, or rogue. Until/unless Blizzard changes their race locked class system then this could never be implemented in any way. Then you have the whole weapon enchant on melee weapons that are inferior to the death knight runeforging that would then require you to re-enchant the weapon once you swap out of the death knight into any other melee class.

Also as many people have pointed out, most people have alts they have already leveled and played for years now. This kind of system would make alts worthless...utterly worthless. Why pick up leveling an alt later on down the road if you can simply change classes on one character and have everything you need.

7+ Year Old Account
    I've been stuck on my shaman since wrath so hell ya i would love some kind of class change. Would change to a hunter right now.

I would love to turn my disc priest into anything else. I would even pay for it

They can literally take my idea that I have been saying for years now, most of the ground work is in their own code already. Just have a dual class system that swaps you to your other chosen class which you would have a unique quest line to unlock and then bam you click the big activate secondary class button on your charcter sheet, and the secondary class would be able to share items between specs which you could check off next to each gear piece, and each spec would also have seprate gear slots space as to not take up any bag space unless you share them across spec with the little toggle for each slot. It would literally be a major expansion feature and it makes 0 sense why it doesn't exist yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last we need is more accessibility for fotm-players.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    One of the biggest issues is that not every race can be every class. If you pick an undead you can't be a paladin, druid, demon hunter, or shaman. If you pick a goblin you can't be a demon hunter, druid, monk, or paladin. If you pick a pandaren you can't be a warlock, demon hunter, druid, paladin. If you pick a night elf you can't be a warlock, paladin, or shaman. If you pick a Lightforged you can't be a demon hunter, monk, shaman, druid, warlock, or rogue. Until/unless Blizzard changes their race locked class system then this could never be implemented in any way. Then you have the whole weapon enchant on melee weapons that are inferior to the death knight runeforging that would then require you to re-enchant the weapon once you swap out of the death knight into any other melee class.

Also as many people have pointed out, most people have alts they have already leveled and played for years now. This kind of system would make alts worthless...utterly worthless. Why pick up leveling an alt later on down the road if you can simply change classes on one character and have everything you need.
    Free race change when it is implemented, problem solved wall of text.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    To be fair, those who follow that thought process will re-level a new "main" over a 1% difference in many cases - and i think a lot of them have most if not all classes at max level, or at very least ready to start the latest expac.

Personally, im as far from a meta slave as you can get in regards to class selection, but I agree it is an issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Then don't play with those players...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Then don't play with those players...
    AH FUCKIN YES, i will stop playin with my friends because unholyground on mmo-c figured it out how to stop fotm... man it was that simple too.
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    I am sorry but I hate that FFXIV system. If I wanted to play another class I would roll another one. Having one race be all classes really breaks not only the immersion but feel like a cheat mode. I understand if you hate levelling alts its a bit of a blessing but its horrible game design for me. And that's saying something with how bad WoW is right now.

but I do agree there needs to be some take away with having alts be a better experience, but not the way FFXIV does it. Maybe if Blizzard account bound things like reps and other stuff levelling alts would be more appealing. WoW is a very non alt friendly game really. You end up having to do alot of the stuff again that your main already did. I am fine with levelling again but I wish it would be with the main as an anchor
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-06-23 at 09:49 PM.

AH FUCKIN YES, i will stop playin with my friends because unholyground on mmo-c figured it out how to stop fotm... man it was that simple too.
    Are your friends fotm players? How does it effect you? Do they expect you to be the same as them? If so you need new friends or tell them to fuck off it is just a game lol.

So much of FFXIV is gated behind story quests that it makes sense to give characters the ability to switch classes. There's other reasons that WoW isn't alt friendly, but I don't think it's enough of a problem that this would be necessary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are your friends fotm players? How does it effect you? Do they expect you to be the same as them? If so you need new friends or tell them to fuck off it is just a game lol.
    Youre a sad person if you abandon friends like this because how they play. I dont see how a normal thinking person would come to the conclusion that just because you disagree with someone your first reaction would be to just abandon any contact with that person.

One of the biggest issues is that not every race can be every class.
    I think this is literally the smallest issue. Instead of saying, "races can't be certain classes", they just say, "races can be any class".

I have 50 alts. I have to decide who to delete if I want to make a new character on any given server. So I at least understand what it means to have lots of alts. And as one who has been alt capped for years now, I would take removing all but one on each server in a heartbeat.

I am not my alts. My alts are not me. My alts are characters I play. I would MUCH rather play one character that represented me and allowed me to play the play style I felt like playing on any given day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    So much of FFXIV is gated behind story quests that it makes sense to give characters the ability to switch classes. There's other reasons that WoW isn't alt friendly, but I don't think it's enough of a problem that this would be necessary.
    Definitely not necessary...but sure would be nice.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Yeah, I'd love it. I'm interested in playing multiple classes, but I'm not interested in doing the same meaningless progression (leveling, getting gear on each of them, whatever flavor of the expansion/patch systems, etc.) before I can actually start playing the part of the game I enjoy.

Youre a sad person if you abandon friends like this because how they play. I dont see how a normal thinking person would come to the conclusion that just because you disagree with someone your first reaction would be to just abandon any contact with that person.
    You don't tell your close friends to fuck off? I do all the time when they say or do stupid shit lmao. Grow a pair lol.

Kinda what we get with account wide achievements and unlocks and also what was sorely needed with 9.0 and what we're getting somewhat fixed in 9.1.

If I've unlocked everything on one covenant, when I make a new alt with the same covenant, I don't want to do the whole thing again. We will have catchups in 9.1 which is a massive relief but it's still not quite the same thing because we don't have the same unlocks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Free race change when it is implemented, problem solved wall of text.
    with the "wall of text" comment it is obvious you didn't read a damn thing I posted. Try reading it before commenting as your comment didn't address a single thing I said.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't tell your close friends to fuck off? I do all the time when they say or do stupid shit lmao. Grow a pair lol.
    Ah ye, good advice: be a douchebag and grow a pair.

For me it's a big NO, I dislike the job system in FF14, I prefer alts.
    First reason, I like a character being good at something specific, this character is a mage, not a paladin mage rogue warrior.
    Second, I feel alts being a different race/gender is more interesting than the same character with a different weapon.

What I think could be looked at though is some of the most tedious systems like soulbinds, perhaps getting additional soulbinds for your alts becomes progressively easier for everyone you max out? Or If you have one character with full 226 conduits they can buy some "boon" from Venari for a couple thousand stygia that sets your alts soulbinds at 200 across the board?