Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    So you are selfish. Got it.

Also, Blizzard can do whatever they want. We have already come up with other solutions. They use what is already in the gane. You don't want to hear it because you are the only one who matters and the game should only cater to you.

Cater to me?
    I don't fucking care. I leveled 24 characters during legion and bfa alone.
    I bet you don't even play the fckin game you're complaining about.

You are the one who has the "hurt feelings" if they don't add 10 additional arbitrary numbers to your useless character profile.
    You are the one literally crying for the change to feel better.

What I stated was objectively the most feasible way they can and WILL handle leveling because it MAKES SENSE WITH THE SYSTEM THEY HAVE JUST PUT IN THE GAME (that being Chromie time).

Stop projecting.

I'm assuming we're squishing all old expansions to 50, with the same thing going forward of "new players always get exile's reach + the most recent expansion for their first character." It's not perfect, but it was probably the best solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    So this is how far the Lore forum has fallen? Eesh.
    I take it back, BfA is not the lowest the games lore could have gone, this thread proves that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    And just like the thread before it, let's back away from sexualizing Azshara and return to the original topic at hand.

It's dangerous to keep squishing us, I'm just saying. Not that the numbers matter, but it makes the moving parts of the machine show, and not every player will accept playing in something that has "SKINNER BOX" in glowing letters on the front.

Quote Originally Posted by btlcryct View Post
    But again, what is the level but a number. With mob scaling, does it really make a difference if that boar you're fighting is level 10 or 90? I'm talking strictly for the leveling process, which you said being squished to level 50 every time would be invalidated.
    That number is what shows progression. That number increasing expansion to exxpansion continues that progression. Resetting to 50 all the time ends progression and makes the final 10 levels pointless.

Unless I'm not understanding what you're saying, it would still fall under a combination of both of my points. Currently we have:

Vanilla - 10-50
    BC - 10-50
    LK - 10-50
    Cata - 10-50
    MoP - 10-50
    WoD - 10-50
    Legion - 10-50
    BFA - 10-50
    SL - 50-60

I didn't include 1-10 since you can't activate CT until level 10. I think, and maybe this is where I am misunderstanding you, what you're saying is with 10.0 you would make SL 10-60. Then with 11.0, that would make 10.0's expansion worth of CT go 10-70, all the while leaving Vanilla to BFA as 10-50. If so, then you still run into the issue in my 1st point, that by the time we get to 100 again in 13.0 (assuming 10 levels per expansion and them not doing another Cata/MoP of only 5 levels), new players/alts would still need to go through 6 expansions worth of content to reach max level. Vanilla-BFA for 10-50, SL for 50-60, 10.0 for 60-70, 11.0 for 70-80, 12.0 for 80-90 and then finally 13.0 for 90-100. Either that, or just 12.0's content which would be CT'd to 10-90. That doesn't kill my argument, really. You're either forcing people to do 6 expansions, or slog through only 1. It also falls under the 2nd bullet that they would then have to stretch what was 80-90, so 10 levels, and make it into 80 levels worth of XP to cover 10-90.
    What I am saying is that SL will be 50-60, but will be re-scaled to be in line with how each level scales in CT. XP requirements and XP gains will be put in line with CT. That way you only have to touch SL and nothing else. YOu are also stretching nothing. AFter you are done with the expansion that ends at 100, you rest to 50 again.

I don't know of anyone that's either a new player completely, or a new alt, that has to go through each expansion once. Not since CT was added. Brand new players have to do the new isle from 1-10, and then go directly to BFA. Alts of players with a max toon can choose where to start and then where to go.

They added CT for a few reasons. The story throughout the years got disjointed since they weren't connected very well. Along with, it was getting to the point with level 120 and 6+ expansions to have to level through, it was daunting for new players, or people that had been away for years. We've had a few guildies come back in SL because the leveling was smoother and quicker to catch back up to the rest of us to do endgame stuff.
    OBviously I don't meand new players that started after CT was implemented. For them I would only say they be required to play expansions from SL and forward once.

You will still be able to do that the way I would set it up. XP requirements and XP gains would continue to scale as if SL where added to make 10-60, yet SL would be 50-60 while CT remains as it is now. The overall scale would be as if you stretched to 10-60. Also, nobody complained about it being daunting until people were already at 110. Going to 100 is not that big of a deal with the speed and pace of CT being added to each expansion for their 10 levels as I have laid out.

I will agree stuff shouldn't be made pointless, but that's been WoW forever. I mean, before CT, how many max level toons would you see in pre-current expansion zones, except maybe for PvP/ganking? It is a shame so much of the WoW world goes unused. With some of the tech, such as phasing I don't see why they couldn't have current level WQs or something throughout all of Azeroth instead of just the zones in the current expansion.
    There is a difference between specific zones and content and making leveling pointless. There is no point in having leveling at all if you are going to reset people.

EDITED TO ADD: Realistically, everything we're doing in WoW is useless at the end of the day. One day, the servers will be shut down and everything we've done in-game will be for nothing. I just don't see it currently as an issue, because every expansion has done this. Once SL came out, everything I did in BFA didn't matter. Me leveling to 120 didn't matter, any gear I got didn't matter, etc. By leveling to 120 didn't mean I didn't have to level 50-60, or wouldn't have had to do 120-130 if they didn't do the squish. By getting raid in gear in BFA, didn't help me start ahead with gearing at 60 in SL. I guess I just see my level as an arbitrary number that doesn't matter much. To me it's more about the time I need to get to max level. Honestly, if the max level were even something as low as 10, or as high as 1,000 but both took say 20 hours to get to, what would it matter?[/QUOTE]

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    Cater to me?
    I don't fucking care. I leveled 24 characters during legion and bfa alone.
    I bet you don't even play the fckin game you're complaining about.

You are the one who has the "hurt feelings" if they don't add 10 additional arbitrary numbers to your useless character profile.
    You are the one literally crying for the change to feel better.

What I stated was objectively the most feasible way they can and WILL handle leveling because it MAKES SENSE WITH THE SYSTEM THEY HAVE JUST PUT IN THE GAME (that being Chromie time).

Stop projecting.
    I already gave a setup that makes sense WITH THE SYSTEM THEY HAVE. You just don't want to hear it because you want it your way and your way only. The only one projecting here is the one who is trying to present their opinion about level number as fact.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I'm assuming we're squishing all old expansions to 50, with the same thing going forward of "new players always get exile's reach + the most recent expansion for their first character." It's not perfect, but it was probably the best solution.
    I have already given a better solution due to it being a compromise. You scale SL to be in line with the pace and speed in line with CT while keeping it 50-60 and then rest to 50 again after reaching 100. It still allows for forward progression over several expansions without things feeling dauntiing and doesn't make people feel like they are being reset all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    After the 1st or second time, people will just quit when they realize leveling to max is pointless. And there should never be a system that allows you to completely skip an expansion.
    Trouble with that line of thought is I would think most of the people who would quit over such a thing already did when they had to deal with the first set of cuts... Call me an crazy if you like, but I can't really see there still being a large enough chunk of people who care about current total level that didn't leave, when the biggest "Kick in the balls" already happened... Not saying that there is none, but even my largest anti level squish friends got over it fairly quickly, and all of them do seem to like the idea of not having to worry about left behind alts, though that is not any kind of reasonable sample size so ehh...

Past all that it truly is just numbers, and nether you nor I really have that info so it really is just guessing. It comes down to what do we gain VS what is lost for either scenario. *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    Trouble with that line of thought is I would think most of the people who would quit over such a thing already did when they had to deal with the first set of cuts... Call me an crazy if you like, but I can't really see there still being a large enough chunk of people who care about current total level that didn't leave, when the biggest "Kick in the balls" already happened... Not saying that there is none, but even my largest anti level squish friends got over it fairly quickly, and all of them do seem to like the idea of not having to worry about left behind alts, though that is not any kind of reasonable sample size so ehh...

Past all that it truly is just numbers, and nether you nor I really have that info so it really is just guessing. It comes down to what do we gain VS what is lost for either scenario. *shrug*
    There is a big difference between a squish that happens after 15 years of leveling and a squish that happened al,most immediately after the previous one. The first one you can at least make the claim that the level numbmers are too high. You have no such argument now.