Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post
    Resilience only reduced crit damage taken and chance to be critically struck. Even with 0% crit, I'd be willing to bet most BiS Retail Level 60 could burst down a fully PvP geared TBC 70 within a few seconds.
    Maybe, it just depends on the class. BM Hunter in full resil would still likely destroy anyone.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Maybe, it just depends on the class. BM Hunter in full resil would still likely destroy anyone.
    Compare a bm hunter in both, one has a stealth for opening, one has a slow removal, one has no deadzone, one can trap from a distance, one has a full immunity, one has a 50% heal.

There’s no contest a tbc hunter wouldn’t stand a chance.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Beat them in what?
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    I would not be surprised if this has already been discussed but would a level 70 in Burning Crusade Classic beat a bis geared level 60 in retail right now?. Would be kind of funny to see the ugly gear on a level 70 in Classic beating a 17 year old transmogged character in retail like a red headed step child.
    No, definitely not. If you’re doing a straight match up - no changing stats for either - then a current lvl 60 has about 40-50k more HP, has more abilities, better stats, also has a Heart of Azeroth and a Soulbind to assist them as well as one, which might be increased to two next patch, legendaries.

Zero chance for a lvl 70 to win

Resilience doesn't exist in modern WoW, so BiS PvP a TBC character would likely win.
    Highest DPS for the latest APES kill for Gruul was a hunter that did 1.7k dps.

Highest DPS on Shriekwing mythic is 8.5k dps.

General stats as well are far higher for retail than for classic or TBC.

Almost every player also has typically 20% in at least two major stats and doesn't need to worry about hit or expertise rating. Not to mention mastery - even for classes mastery sucks for - is a pretty huge boost over classic characters simply because it expands toolkits and damage profiles.

Anyway, your question is silly, it's one of those weird "could Batman beat Wolverine" kinda deals that doesn't really take into account that the games are literally two different games at this point.

Once Cataclysm happened and they revamped the talent trees World of Warcraft stopped being the true Diablo 3 and became World of Warcraft.

.. probably doesn't help they aren't balanced around 3 of the retail classes existing...nothing in BC can compare to DH mobility

10+ Year Old Account
    Resilience doesn't exist in modern WoW, so BiS PvP a TBC character would likely win.
    Likely not. Resilience reduces the effect of Mana Burn (Redundant in Retail), the damage from Critical Strikes, as well as the chance to be crit. And as it stands, Crit is generally considered a weaker PvP stat in favor of Versa and Haste.

What's more, the rate at which Resilience reduces damage per rating is significantly less then what Versatility provides - it's roughly 1% less critical strike damage and chance for every 100 resilience rating, compared to 1% less damage taken for every 80 versatility, which ALSO grants 2% damage - So a character with 400 resilience will only have 4% reduced critability, whereas a character with 400 versatility will have 5% reduced damage taken, along with 10% increased damage AND healing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

I would not be surprised if this has already been discussed but would a level 70 in Burning Crusade Classic beat a bis geared level 60 in retail right now?. Would be kind of funny to see the ugly gear on a level 70 in Classic beating a 17 year old transmogged character in retail like a red headed step child.
    I need more details to answer that tbh pls specify more.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon larson View Post
    I need more details to answer that tbh pls specify more.
    At this point in the conversation I guess I would say; is there a matchup where a Classic Burning Crusade character would win against a Shadowlands character, meaning class vs class, gear vs gear(bis pvp or bis pve) and capability of the players being equal.

I wouldnt be surprised if sl 226ilvl char destroyed whole tbc party of 5 within seconds
    Sl s1 char would probably beat top wotlk char (s8)

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Not sure what the point in this comparison is, anyway.
    Ohhh you must not be familiar with the comic book community

Who would win in a fight, Darkseid or Apocalypse?
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forum...alypse-643906/

Who would win in a fight, Omega Spawn or World Breaker Hulk?
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forum...r-hulk-737144/

This kind of question is commonplace in comicbook world, it has no real point just conversation
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Once Cataclysm happened and they revamped the talent trees World of Warcraft stopped being the true Diablo 3 and became World of Warcraft.
    What a weirdly arbitrary place to draw the line on talent trees. A wrath level 60 would dunk on a vanilla level 60 based on tree improvements alone.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

I imagine a SL moonkin would hit Convergence and call it a day

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    What a weirdly arbitrary place to draw the line on talent trees. A wrath level 60 would dunk on a vanilla level 60 based on tree improvements alone.
    Not really a dunk, just that's when the game became actual World of Warcraft.

Until then it was just an expanded Diablo 2 - hence D3.

Same naming conventions for items "of the whale" and such; same stat types with things like strength = attack power, agility = crit, etc; same resources with mana and rage; same types of talent trees, etc.

Once they added mastery, removed secondary stat gains from primary stats and revamped the talent trees - all of which happened in Cataclysm - that's when the game changed from D3 to WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

At this point in the conversation I guess I would say; is there a matchup where a Classic Burning Crusade character would win against a Shadowlands character, meaning class vs class, gear vs gear(bis pvp or bis pve) and capability of the players being equal.
    Almost every character class now has some sort of mobility, some sort of self heal, some sort of stun or hard CC, some form of burst CD that they can use and most have multiple forms of damage reduction they can pop as well.

The toolkit between the two expansions is way too vast.

15+ Year Old Account
    In direct damage translation no. Health now is more than you could get in TBC even as BiS. A lot more. 13-15K on average then. Resilience is now a thing reducing damage while increasing yours. Damage is higher now. BIS Hunter could do about 2.5-3.5K DPS sustain. I can double this with a far from BIS.

The only thing in the 70's favour is the level difference which would make it a lot harder to hit them.

But in the end it's a silly comparison.
    Last edited by Malania; 2021-06-25 at 11:47 AM.

Considering that SL's level 60 is a downscaled level 130, it would completely stomp over TBCC's level 70. These are completely different level dimensions that are nowhere close to each other despite the number being "seemingly" close. It just shows that some people completely lack the ability of critical and logical thinking. Truly horrifying
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

I would literally one shot a TBC 70 just using my trinket, and I'm not even BiS. Not sure how you even thought it was be a reasonable discussion to have, it's as obvious as the sun rising tomorrow.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Considering that SL's level 60 is a downscaled level 130, it would completely stomp over TBCC's level 70. These are completely different level dimensions that are nowhere close to each other despite the number being "seemingly" close. It just shows that some people completely lack the ability of critical and logical thinking. Truly horrifying
    Not to mention 2 item level squishes that would make current item level around... 1500 I think + 3 health/dps squish (WoD, BfA, SL) - don't want to even imagine numbers there.