Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Im forced to use a 2h, as 1h weapons won't drop. But I seem to do fine in most relevant content. Not number 1 in raids but certainly not very low on the list. And in mythic+ topping the damagemeter.

I do have like 45% crit and around 30% mastery, so most normal swings give me a killing machine proc for massive Obliterate damage.

That said I still hope I find some decent 1h drops to compare.

Quote Originally Posted by Corydon View Post
    In my own little perfect world

- Blood DK would be Sword n' Shield with versatility and mastery being the main secondary stats,

- Frost DK would be two-hander, with crit being the main secondary stat

and

- Unholy would be dual-wielding with permanent 20% run speed enhancement and haste as the main secondary stat.
    Just go play a warrior then...

A shield on a DK, that's just sacrilege.

2H Frost is fine. You can set up some really nice burst in M+ with massive oblit cleaves. Yeah it's behind DW breath and DW oblit but it's not terrible.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Frost DK was pure perfection somewhere there between cata and Legion, when 2H was so much fun to play. A simple, straight forward burst truck of reliable damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    At least now, in 9.2 (and 9.2.5) 2-handed Frost is contending quite well. Certainly a "get it while it lasts" scenario.

Since Blizzard is set on Frost being a dual-wield spec, I wish they would just scrap trying to balance/tune both variations. Should have gone with the glyph option: you still would have dual-wield weapons equipped but the illusion of your character would be that of wielding a 2-handed weapon. Then, while the glyph remains active, you could still transmog the appearance to whatever appearances you currently have.

/shrug

I prefer dual-wield though.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    At least now, in 9.2 (and 9.2.5) 2-handed Frost is contending quite well. Certainly a "get it while it lasts" scenario.

Since Blizzard is set on Frost being a dual-wield spec, I wish they would just scrap trying to balance/tune both variations. Should have gone with the glyph option: you still would have dual-wield weapons equipped but the illusion of your character would be that of wielding a 2-handed weapon. Then, while the glyph remains active, you could still transmog the appearance to whatever appearances you currently have.

/shrug

I prefer dual-wield though.
    I feel like with the talent trees returning, Blizz could have the opportunity to optimize for both playstyles if they put breath and obliteration on contradicting paths, with the obliteration being more ideal for 2h and the breath path being more suited for dw playstyles.