Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuttle View Post
    I can't wait for players to see how truly awful WOTLK was. It was fun because everyone was playing at the time but the content itself was dreadful.
    In what way was it dreadful?

I am but I also don't have my hopes up as the community is very different than it was in 2008 and for me personally it has affected the experience negatively in classic so far. Will certainly test it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuttle View Post
    I can't wait for players to see how truly awful WOTLK was for me. It was fun because everyone was playing at the time but the content itself was dreadful.
    Fixed for you. WotLK was, is and will be forever great for the huge majority of WoW Playerbase.

After thinking about it, I might be waiting for Cata to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Nak88 View Post
    Fixed for you. WotLK was, is and will be forever great for the huge majority of WoW Playerbase.
    Problem is that majority of playerbase liking something =/= its good. You will definitly start seeing some of the really bad impacts coming from QoL, coviniece and lfg system and wow community will start dieing. People will stop interacting with each other, power inflation kicks in with trial of crusade, difficulty levels will segment community and leveling will become super boring.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caperfin View Post
    In what way was it dreadful?
    Way too many covienice and qol features what suck off life from the game and ruined community aspects.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    I would rather play wod again than the garbage that was wrath
    10/10 this. Wod was peak wow specially for pvp player. Right after cata and legion

Quote Originally Posted by Djaye View Post
    what they are really waiting for is a return to old school server communities, which will never exist again.
    gamers are different now. games are different.
    classic was a decent launch, but it soon was obvious that retail had permanently ruined the game community.
    there is no going back unfortunately...
    So much this. The mentality was different. Half the people that played classic came from retail and it showed. Was in a top 3 server guild in Vanilla, not once did we collect world buffs. Some did, but it wasn't mandatory. There was none of this MC'ing to get warchiefs buff crap. There was enjoyment in the unknown, ignorance and learning.

I was super excited for TBC raiding. But now that there are around 1,000 horde left on my server, we are eternally stuck in Karazhan as we cannot fill a 25 man raid without pugging. I was very excited to play WotLK eventually, but with the horde populating on Netherwind reducing weekly, I thinking I may just quit. I refuse to pay money to fix a problem blizzard refuses to address. So my eventual option will to be to take my money elsewhere.

This makes me sad. But it is what it is.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I was super excited for TBC raiding. But now that there are around 1,000 horde left on my server, we are eternally stuck in Karazhan as we cannot fill a 25 man raid without pugging. I was very excited to play WotLK eventually, but with the horde populating on Netherwind reducing weekly, I thinking I may just quit. I refuse to pay money to fix a problem blizzard refuses to address. So my eventual option will to be to take my money elsewhere.

This makes me sad. But it is what it is.
    What about disbanding and joining a bigger guild? what about merging with another dying guild? People's egos is sometimes the reason for the downfall of many servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nak88 View Post
    What about disbanding and joining a bigger guild? what about merging with another dying guild? People's egos is sometimes the reason for the downfall of many servers.
    Funny enough, I took one of my two raid characters to another guild. Two weeks later they all transferred off our server. Other options I can't speak to as i'm not the guild leader.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Wrath will be dead faster than getting hit by a pair of Gnomish Lightning Generators in season 5.

I’m waiting for classic classic legacy+.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias1337 View Post
    Problem is that majority of playerbase liking something =/= its good. You will definitly start seeing some of the really bad impacts coming from QoL, coviniece and lfg system and wow community will start dieing. People will stop interacting with each other, power inflation kicks in with trial of crusade, difficulty levels will segment community and leveling will become super boring.

- - - Updated - - -

Way too many covienice and qol features what suck off life from the game and ruined community aspects.
    dang I'm sorry to hear that

Herald of the Titans Battlebeard's Avatar
    WotLK is heavily overrated. Dungeons were a joke, raids were a joke (up to HC ICC), questing was still not great (got good in Cata), PvP was as unbalanced as it ever was. The best part of WotLK was the scenery of the outdoor zones, the music and even though I don't care one bit about story, I know the story around the Lich King was also good.

My favorite expansion was Cataclysm, with the best leveling zones ever, revamped EK/Kalimdor, rated bgs, TRANSMOG, reforging, the best dungeons ever, amazing raid (well maybe not DS), archaeology which I loved etc. I really, really hope they do Cataclysm Classic.