Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Yes and no. I'd play a Wrath Classic...BUT after watching how they screwed up TBC with all the cash shop crap, I assume they'll do the same (or even worse) with Wrath. In which case I won't play that either.

15+ Year Old Account
    I dont care about any of those "classics".
    Been there done that, can dream all the stuff.
    Need good and fresh content.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    I would rather play wod again than the garbage that was wrath
    Sadly Wrath had so good content, but all in all it was bad: The Leveling Zones were good (and yes, there's still no better zone than Grizzly Hills), and Ulduar was probably the best raid ever, but:

The rest really was shit! Remember Malygos? (and that does not mean i don't like vehicle fights, see Ulduar where it was good). Or the Vortex. The whole Argent Tournament that made no sense, because they made it up in icecrown where it does not make any sense just because they made dalaran in the wrong spot and it lagged like hell (i personally thought that putting dalaran in Crystalsong Forest instead south of Wyrmrest tower at the end of the Road of the Titans was a big mistake). ICC was also a bit disappointing, Naxx was totally rehashed but back then it didn't matter as much because in Classic nearly nobody played it, but most of all: TRIAL OF THE WTF!

Yes i totally can understand that Wrath was good, but also how extreme, EXTREME bad it was. Everything after 3.1 was an disappointment beside the Dungeons of 3.3

And: I can't see where Wrath would be a success, especially since so many player did this time Naxx when it was actual content. (but since blizzard is already destroying itself with BGs, it does not really matter anymore)

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Sadly Wrath had so good content, but all in all it was bad: The Leveling Zones were good (and yes, there's still no better zone than Grizzly Hills), and Ulduar was probably the best raid ever, but:

The rest really was shit! Remember Malygos? (and that does not mean i don't like vehicle fights, see Ulduar where it was good). Or the Vortex. The whole Argent Tournament that made no sense, because they made it up in icecrown where it does not make any sense just because they made dalaran in the wrong spot and it lagged like hell (i personally thought that putting dalaran in Crystalsong Forest instead south of Wyrmrest tower at the end of the Road of the Titans was a big mistake). ICC was also a bit disappointing, Naxx was totally rehashed but back then it didn't matter as much because in Classic nearly nobody played it, but most of all: TRIAL OF THE WTF!

Yes i totally can understand that Wrath was good, but also how extreme, EXTREME bad it was. Everything after 3.1 was an disappointment beside the Dungeons of 3.3

And: I can't see where Wrath would be a success, especially since so many player did this time Naxx when it was actual content. (but since blizzard is already destroying itself with BGs, it does not really matter anymore)
    grizzly was nice for sure,but all the other zones were very meh,i just didnt enjoy the zones,i mean look at wod zones,they were amazing and filled with life,things to find and uncover,wrath was mostly empty,nothing screams to me bad world design more than building huge zones with literaly nothing to find

since cata they started adding chests in the world with actual loot,rares with actual loot drops lol,and ofc since mop they started to ramp up the stuff u can find

if wrath released today as an actual expansion,not like classic but just similar in style with a different name,it would LITERALY kill the game

ofc wrath classic will proly do well because nostalgia and fee fees often win out vs rational thinking and analysis

i will also be playing wrath classic,mostly because im kinda done with hardcore raiding,i want a more casual experience,no mythic,no systems,super easy gear catchup for alts etc

its kinda funny honestly,wrath was more casual than vanila was for the entire mmo landscape when it launched

Easy dungeons, more linear questing, reputation tabards, vehicle quests, and dungeon finder.. no thanks. Did i mention vehicle quests and dungeon finder?

I rather walk barefoot on sharp stones than torture myself with this "improved gaming experience".

Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    Wrath without LFD and ToTC tier would be nice. I reckon they just downgrade the ilvl on totc tier to ulduar tier and make it a side raid that comes out in the middle of ulduar and icc.
    no thanks, LFD is one of the best things from wrath and the toc was a super fun raid. keep wrath wrath.

Just take a portal from Stormwind to Dalaran. You don't need to wait 2 years.

It's not a guarantee that it will earn back my subscription, but classic+/seasonal vanilla servers or wrath is a lot more likely to do so than retail or TBC.
    But considering how they desecrated classic TBC, they'll probably do the same again, so it's gonna be hard pass.
    Censorship apologists deserve [REDACTED]

Quote Originally Posted by deniter View Post
    Easy dungeons, more linear questing, reputation tabards, vehicle quests, and dungeon finder.. no thanks. Did i mention vehicle quests and dungeon finder?

I rather walk barefoot on sharp stones than torture myself with this "improved gaming experience".
    what you mean is fun dungeons, better questing, more reputations and options for gaining rep, LFG(one of the single best additions ever), tons of QOL fixes like mounts not being in a bag, rotations that contain 4-6 buttons instead of 2 of BC and vanilla, wintergrasp the literal peak of pvp, tons of dungeons and raids, 10mans AND 25mans, achievements and meta's, all professions being useful. the literal peak of wow IS wotlk, nothing ever rose as high as wotlk into cata launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Deferionus View Post
    Wrath was cool but TBC was better if we're being honest. Not a huge difference between the two, but I am enjoying the fuq out of TBC and its progression path. Beats retail easily.
    LF Tank every 2 seconds in LFG. Great Game.

Quote Originally Posted by bRighteyez View Post
    LF Tank every 2 seconds in LFG. Great Game.
    No surprise here, tanking in TBC fucking sucks. It's no wonder nobody wants to do it. You just chase shit all over the place spamming taunt on CD trying in vain to wrangle mobs. Doesn't matter how many Devastates or Thunder Claps I've hit it with they still go zooming off to hit someone else eventually.

I started playing in Wrath and I enjoyed tanking in that and the subsequent xpacs. Tanking in TBC really makes me want to delete my warrior and play something that just can't tank as I know this will forever be my life to get any dungeons done on that character. Shits fucking awful yo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    no thanks, LFD is one of the best things from wrath and the toc was a super fun raid. keep wrath wrath.
    Amen, LFD was one of the best things ever put into the game. I hope when WotLKC comes around they do it in the launch patch instead of waiting for the ICC patch to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Honestly, when it comes to wrath i think im with that blizz employee who said "you think you do but you dont"
    Love that you called J Allen Brack, the president of blizzard “that blizz employee”. Likely sums up the feelings of a lot of people here

Yes it was fun, but not when its the only raid to farm it for gear and currencies 4 lockouts per week for 6 months straight. I think you wer forgetting that part.

I wasnt saying to delete the raid, im just saying that i wish there was another raid other than onyxia on that tier.
    Last edited by Yizu; 2021-07-03 at 09:49 AM.

WOTLK has a much bigger playerbase on privates than TBC.
    That should be a good indication of what the average player likes more.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Someone explain to me the whole WotLK fever, it was an OK expansion, some hits, some miss

the +
    great lore (arthas, the lich king, the titans)
    great continent (better than outland i think)
    improve class gameplay (and better balance between spec)
    Ulduar and ICC fantastic raids

the -
    2 out of the 4 tier were garbage (naxx 2.0 so easy it was tank and spank, and trial of the crusader, one arena 4 boss, no trash and a final boss below)
    each tier pretty much killed the previous tier
    Heroic dungeons were a pure joke (and only 9 at launch, against 15 for tbc)
    Dungeon finder
    12 month of ICC seriously?

For me, TBC is the golden age of wow,
    great lore for an old warcraft 3 player (kael'thas, illidan, medhiv...)
    love the progression system through attunement
    love the sense of community of not having an anonymous dungeon finder.
    and love the heroic dungeon grinding in tbc

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    Someone explain to me the whole WotLK fever, it was an OK expansion, some hits, some miss
    It's basically the bridge expansion between the more old school game and the newer, more gameplay focused WoW, but i think it gets largely carried by the fact that a lot of people started playing during that Expansion (or really started to dig into the endgame) and also that it wrapped up one of Warcraft's most iconic plotlines.

when wotlkc comes out, we will be hearing blizz take about there massive uptick in profits, because WOTLK was the best expansion and version of wow to ever exist. it was the peak for a reason going into cata launch.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    It's basically the bridge expansion between the more old school game and the newer, more gameplay focused WoW, but i think it gets largely carried by the fact that a lot of people started playing during that Expansion (or really started to dig into the endgame) and also that it wrapped up one of Warcraft's most iconic plotlines.
    those infamous wrath babies ^^

If we analyze the sub curve, the number of subs keeps increasing non stop in vanilla and TBC, it was WotLK that knee cap that progression and plateau the number of sub.
    WotLK the the first expansion to end with less players it started with.

- - - Updated - - -

when wotlkc comes out, we will be hearing blizz take about there massive uptick in profits, because WOTLK was the best expansion and version of wow to ever exist. it was the peak for a reason going into cata launch.
    obviously it's subjective, but i'm curious, in all honesty, what made it for you? what was it that WotLK had other expansion didn't to make it the best in your views?

the +
    great lore (arthas, the lich king, the titans)
    great continent (better than outland i think)
    improve class gameplay (and better balance between spec)
    Ulduar and ICC fantastic raids

the -
    2 out of the 4 tier were garbage (naxx 2.0 so easy it was tank and spank, and trial of the crusader, one arena 4 boss, no trash and a final boss below)
    each tier pretty much killed the previous tier
    Heroic dungeons were a pure joke (and only 9 at launch, against 15 for tbc)
    Dungeon finder
    12 month of ICC seriously?

For me, TBC is the golden age of wow,
    great lore for an old warcraft 3 player (kael'thas, illidan, medhiv...)
    love the progression system through attunement
    love the sense of community of not having an anonymous dungeon finder.
    and love the heroic dungeon grinding in tbc
    this is of course only my opinion:

1. the best questing in the game, only improved on BC
    2. fun zones and end zones built with flying in mind (similar to bc)
    3. raids began to have more then 1 mechanic and were all unique after naxx. wotlk introduced what id consider real raiding, vs bullet sponge raiding of vanilla/tbc
    4. ULD, TOC, and ICC were all AMAZING raids. a no trash chill tier was awesome IMO
    5. Dungeons released through out the expac that gave increasing gear levels as catch up
    6. Heroics were FUN and FAST and easy, unlike easy slow and unrewarding version of BC
    7. gearing system was at its peak in wow for PVE and PVP with badges
    8. Very little mandatory rep grinding, but still some (hod rep)
    9. TONS of extra raids, sarth, maly, WG raid bosses released each tier, ony, RS
    10. Great catch up mechanics and alt friendly
    11. 10m and 25m raids, heroic introduced later
    12. wintergrasp was the peak of fun wow pvp
    13. all professions were useful and gave combat benefits
    14. all specs being playable and the removal of the party buff system to be raid wide
    15. no timegated flying bullshit (this was the same for bc, and carried to pandaland)

and then NUMBER 1, best part for me:

LFG. lfg is the single best thing wow has ever introduced, second only to flying from bc-panda. the original version of LFG made the game 10000% more fun for me, i love doing dungeons, leveling in dungeons, doing tabard rep in dungeons.

- - - Updated - - -

those infamous wrath babies ^^

If we analyze the sub curve, the number of subs keeps increasing non stop in vanilla and TBC, it was WotLK that knee cap that progression and plateau the number of sub.
    WotLK the the first expansion to end with less players it started with.

- - - Updated - - -

obviously it's subjective, but i'm curious, in all honesty, what made it for you? what was it that WotLK had other expansion didn't to make it the best in your views?
    the peak playerbase was actually in cata, and see above for my opinion on why wotlk was the best

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    this is of course only my opinion:

1. the best questing in the game, only improved on BC
    2. fun zones and end zones built with flying in mind (similar to bc)
    3. raids began to have more then 1 mechanic and were all unique after naxx. wotlk introduced what id consider real raiding, vs bullet sponge raiding of vanilla/tbc
    4. ULD, TOC, and ICC were all AMAZING raids. a no trash chill tier was awesome IMO
    5. Dungeons released through out the expac that gave increasing gear levels as catch up
    6. Heroics were FUN and FAST and easy, unlike easy slow and unrewarding version of BC
    7. gearing system was at its peak in wow for PVE and PVP with badges
    8. Very little mandatory rep grinding, but still some (hod rep)
    9. TONS of extra raids, sarth, maly, WG raid bosses released each tier, ony, RS
    10. Great catch up mechanics and alt friendly
    11. 10m and 25m raids, heroic introduced later
    12. wintergrasp was the peak of fun wow pvp
    13. all professions were useful and gave combat benefits
    14. all specs being playable and the removal of the party buff system to be raid wide
    15. no timegated flying bullshit (this was the same for bc, and carried to pandaland)

and then NUMBER 1, best part for me:

LFG. lfg is the single best thing wow has ever introduced, second only to flying from bc-panda. the original version of LFG made the game 10000% more fun for me, i love doing dungeons, leveling in dungeons, doing tabard rep in dungeons.
    like i said, your opinions are valid as are mine since they're both subjective anyway.
    And i don't disagree with many of your points, many though less important for me.
    The lore of the leveling quest, for instance, while great, is only transitory to max level anyway

And i strongly disagree on 2 points
    TotC is probably the worst raid dungeon ever been implemented. One room man, no discovery, no exploring, no dungeoning. Being in a competive guild at the time, having to get to that damn arena all week, in 25 , in 10, in normal and hc. And in an expansion with the Lich King, the dragon aspect, the titans, i'm fighting 2 worms and a giant gorilla what?

Also dungeon were not fun, there were aoe snoozefest. there was no planning and strategy, not great moment to be had, and never never ever the feeling of danger. Doing daily hc became a chore, not a fun experience.

not saying i disliked the expansion, i cleaned it, every tier before the next one except algalon and yogg 0.

but hey, that's how i lived it. To each his own.
    Last edited by Vankrys; 2021-07-05 at 12:33 AM.