Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Kinda, i do play a lil tiny bit TBC but no raiding and mainly leveling those classes i want ready for WOTLK launch.

I had more fun in Classic WoW then in Classic TBC tbh even if dungeons is much less painful in TBC.

the initial 1-60 during phase 1 was the best time i've had in WoW for 10+ years but phase 2 destroyed that in seconds and after that i never really caught up with the min maxers of later phases.

i did enjoy some shadowlands retail up for the first 2 months untill that also became abit sour and 9.1 hasnt delivered at all but im gonna try the "other side" of the game doing some arenas and RBG's for the first time ever.

WOTLK is a whole different with perfect specs and insanely OP classes to have fun with (i hope its just not rose-tinted goggles atleast)

TBC has lived up to my expectations, it is as stale as i remembered where the main content is 25 man raiding that i sadly dont have time for anymore.
    Last edited by Uvania; 2021-08-05 at 08:17 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Classic is not difficult?? You must be insane to think of that back in 2004 to 2009 era, everyone knew difficulty creates excitment, classic was difficult and succeded, tbc was more successful as gameplay than Wotlk because of difficulty, if you are looking at the numbers then it is not always an indication, wotlk was on the PEAK time of wow being known across the world. So them having the max number until again in cataclysm popped up doesnot mean Woltk was more successful than Tbc, actually most of classic and tbc players i knew quitted at Wotlk because they didnot like the ease on the expansion but rather the expansion eas successful in terms of numbers

I didn't like TBC when it was new but I think I will play later patches when I have more free time

I am really looking forward to WotLK. I am strongly assuming that there will be a Classic Version of it. I have many of my fondest memories from WotLK. Ulduar was insanely good and well tuned. Downing Mimiron the first time after pressing "the button" or defeating "Algalon, the raid destroyer" server first in 10man and 25 man. WotLK was also when I really started raiding for progress. If you cross out ToC/ToGC and Sons of Hodir repgrind, WotLK was the best "Classic" WoW expansion ever made - imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I'd actually dispute the assertion that Ulduar was the best raid ever made. It was great, for sure, especially for its time - but it also had/has some issues.

I'd argue that both Blackrock Foundry and Nighthold were better raids than Ulduar.
    Ulduar, Throne of Thunder and Nighthold are my Top 3 raids. I never played Blackrock Foundry, but alway hear praise for it. I think Ulduar for that time was unique and excellent. It was by far the most diverse and ambitious raid they've done by then it to this day it's still massive and enjoyable. But for sure they've learned a lot in the 12 years that came after Ulduar, yet most raids coming after didn't rival its qualities.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Classic Cataclysm is still going to be fun in the first month. But Blizzard would probably have to increase the patch rate and move on to MoP faster than with any other Classic expansion.

I also bet Blizzard is toying with the idea of another Classic Vanilla, they're just trying to get the timing right. Starting a whole new Vanilla experience would have plenty of content for players who want to play a new faction and a new class from scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabakaga View Post
    I didn't like TBC when it was new but I think I will play later patches when I have more free time
    Same. I went all in on the original TBC because I was a bored high schooler. Had a top 100 arena spot. But in its totality I had to conclude TBC wasn't as fun as Vanilla and therefore I didn't join my friends in TBC Classic. They're ecstatic about it though.
    Last edited by Ivarr; 2021-08-05 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uvania View Post
    WOTLK is a whole different with perfect specs and insanely OP classes to have fun with (i hope its just not rose-tinted goggles atleast)
    It's not. I gave in and started playing TBC. In spite of classes you know are almost but not quite there, unique but strange lore, and high-friction PVE like attunements and tricky dungeon content that discourages a lot of player participation, I'm having a ball. I expect Wrath Classic to be as big or bigger than Vanilla Classic.

Yeh I'm sure everyone just can't wait to do Naxx again for the first tier of WotLK.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    What I really want is Classic Legion or Classic MoP, but I don't see either happening since that means they would have to make both Classic Cata and Classic WoD to get there. And there's about zero pull for either Cata or WoD, so yeah, probably not happening.
    Tbh after wotlk i could see cata mop and wod all being released simultaneously. Then every 2 years a fresh set of the three. Even vanilla bc and wotlk don't have enough replayability nowadays to justify being solo released but the nostalgia goggles will easily make blizz a couple mil for dragging out wotlk as long as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Yeh I'm sure everyone just can't wait to do Naxx again for the first tier of WotLK.
    Heigan without teleports and a 33% slower dance that doesn't one shot you.
    Anub'Rekhan but you can just tank locust swarm.
    Maexxna but the stun is 4 seconds instead of 10 seconds and she's tauntable.
    Gothik but the adds have the same HP and damage as level 60 while you're level 80 so you zerg everything down.
    Gluth but the zombies do the same damage as level 60 and you're level 80.
    Four Horsemen but with no shield wall, they run themselves into their spots and marks last 25 seconds and do the same damage as level 60 (void zone actually does less at 80 than 60).
    Kel'Thuzad but he doesn't mind control his tank and does grossly undertuned damage.

Truly thrilling content awaits.
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2021-08-06 at 04:05 AM.

I started tbc then one level in gave up. Not enough there for me to do I didn’t already do, same for wotlk.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Heigan without teleports and a 33% slower dance that doesn't one shot you.
    Anub'Rekhan but you can just tank locust swarm.
    Maexxna but the stun is 4 seconds instead of 10 seconds and she's tauntable.
    Gothik but the adds have the same HP and damage as level 60 while you're level 80 so you zerg everything down.
    Gluth but the zombies do the same damage as level 60 and you're level 80.
    Four Horsemen but with no shield wall, they run themselves into their spots and marks last 25 seconds and do the same damage as level 60 (void zone actually does less at 80 than 60).
    Kel'Thuzad but he doesn't mind control his tank and does grossly undertuned damage.

Truly thrilling content awaits.
    If people think t4 is boring, holy shit when they do t7 because it will be even easier than first launch with 3.3.5 talents. Nothing to do from week 1 for almost every guild. No point in reps, heroics, most professions, no attunements lol. It needs to launch with ulduar.
    Last edited by Video Games; 2021-08-06 at 04:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    If people think t4 is boring, holy shit when they do t7 because it will be even easier than first launch with 3.3.5 talents. Nothing to do from week 1 for almost every guild. No point in reps, heroics, most professions, no attunements lol. It needs to launch with ulduar.
    If they come around to wotlk classic+ I'd actually like to do heroic Naxxramas with proper tuning, some class balance, restored level 60 mechanics and no world buffs to ruin it.

Tier 1 wrath could actually be good with some decent tuning. Granted, Sarth+3 was a decent challenge, Naxx and Eye of Eternity were not.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    If they come around to wotlk classic+ I'd actually like to do heroic Naxxramas with proper tuning, some class balance, restored level 60 mechanics and no world buffs to ruin it.
    I wouldn't mind. I actually like malygos and sarth but we server first everything in sunwell gear week 1 back in the day. At least for mag you kind of need dps and enough stam.

People who complained about Wrath ≠ people who drove WoW's sub numbers to its peak.

nah, i dont care what blizz is doing anymore.
    WotlK was the beginning of the "end".
    BC brought in the biggest growth, wotlk stagnated.
    and before people go with "but but but 12m players and stuff!"
    ye, i know, they got 800k players more, and i bet most of em were consoomers RAFing themselves for the zevra.
    ffs in my class back then i had 4 dudes doing that so i bet everybody did.
    Classic was nice, classic bc sucked with the "lolz buy a mount or a boost" and wotlk wont come out 100%.

Lets see if we will have a blizzard 2022.

Waiting for Classic Shadowlands

I didn't feel like doing naxx in Classic because I already did it way too many times in WotL. Yeah I get that this isn't the same challenge, but I've seen enough of that place for a lifetime.

Waiting for New World, tbh.