Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Tried classic vanilla/tbc and never reached more than lvl 10.
    It's just I played it enough on release and it burned me out years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Nak88 View Post
    Is 25 loot much better than 10 or is it just a slight minimal difference? I would like to stick with a 10-15 core of friends in WotLK and not depending on other 10-15 casuals to show up every week to raids.
    25man drops 13Ilvl higher than 10man and you can't acquire any legendaries (Val'anyr / Shadowmourne) in 10man.

Personally, i wouldn't call this minimal and due to 25man Normal not being exactly challenging, 10man's value is also severly diminished.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    If you think ashes might interest you, look at new world. Not for hardcore raiders / PvE players, but they have shifted their focus in that direction so that could change.

However, abilities are tied to weapons, so that is probably a no-go for you. I played the beta and was surprised, but it is still very much a "jack of all trades, master of none". Little bit of survival, little bit of action, little bit of rpg, little PvE little pvp. It's not BAD, but it doesn't do anything really well.
    Yea not going to happen I won't play a game that ties abilities to weapon types. I don't want to be forced to use a weapon I hate to use an ability I enjoy. Plus it will always be imbalanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    Yea not going to happen I won't play a game that ties abilities to weapon types. I don't want to be forced to use a weapon I hate to use an ability I enjoy. Plus it will always be imbalanced.
    Is that why FF14 is known to be so balanced?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

I could care less about wotlk classic. Time walking in retail does a pretty good job of scratching the nostalgia itch without the negatives of the expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Is that why FF14 is known to be so balanced?
    Not really. In wow retail at least, weapon damage applies only to auto attack and procs use the ppm system so you get as much damage on 2h users as Dual wielders, the exception being frost DKs in which they want them to "play differently" so they never properly addressed the problem of dual wielders using 2 runeforges which aren't balanced like other weapon enchantments.
    Last edited by delus; 2021-09-02 at 02:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is 25 loot much better than 10 or is it just a slight minimal difference? I would like to stick with a 10-15 core of friends in WotLK and not depending on other 10-15 casuals to show up every week to raids.
    the answer to that question really depends on what class/spec your team is playing, some items from 10 man are BiS regardless of difficulty level because of the hit/expertise caps etc, and some items from 10 man were weighted to force people who only raided 25 man into doing 10 man raid content, most of the time it is purely stats related, other times in some niche cases it's due to powerful trinkets and such being locked behind 10 man boss kills, thinking specifically here about ulduar hardmode algalon trinkets and a decent number of items from TOGC, there was only a few items from ICC that had this issue but overall yeah, if you want the best gear in game you need to clear 25 content as most of the bis items come from there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    I could care less about wotlk classic. Time walking in retail does a pretty good job of scratching the nostalgia itch without the negatives of the expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Not really. In wow retail at least, weapon damage applies only to auto attack and procs use the ppm system so you get as much damage on 2h users as Dual wielders, the exception being frost DKs in which they want them to "play differently" so they never properly addressed the problem of dual wielders using 2 runeforges which aren't balanced like other weapon enchantments.
    not in wrath they don't, that system was only added in pandaria, all older content items that are proc based have a fixed internal cooldown you can track and manipulate to your liking, so your entire statement is irrelevant here.

Everyone was Waiting For Classic. Then they were Waiting For TBC. Now they are Waiting for WotLK.

If the Fresh servers progress to Wrath, I'd do it. But only if they don't make the same mistake they did with TBC Classic...boosts, deluxe edition, pets, mounts, toys. That's why I quit TBC and won't play that version.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    If the Fresh servers progress to Wrath, I'd do it. But only if they don't make the same mistake they did with TBC Classic...boosts, deluxe edition, pets, mounts, toys. That's why I quit TBC and won't play that version.
    I wish they would do that but no way theyre leaving money on the table

I can't wait for players to see how truly awful WOTLK was. It was fun because everyone was playing at the time but the content itself was dreadful.

I enjoyed vanilla the most personally, TBC less and Wrath even less. I quit classic the day before classic TBC and seems like I made the right choice. Classic wrath will be even worse with current Blizzard and current player base.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuttle View Post
    I can't wait for players to see how truly awful WOTLK was. It was fun because everyone was playing at the time but the content itself was dreadful.
    Dont you badmouth ulduar!

Quote Originally Posted by archelos91 View Post
    Dont you badmouth ulduar!
    Ulduar was alright but it was mostly carried by Firefighter and Yogg-0.

This is actually me, I am leveling the classes I wanna play in Wotlk whilst raid logging to see the raids I never saw when they were fresh. Arena definitely feels worse in TBC, can't quite put my finger on it but it isn't as good, O and farming Honour is fucking crap in TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Everyone was Waiting For Classic. Then they were Waiting For TBC. Now they are Waiting for WotLK.
    what they are really waiting for is a return to old school server communities, which will never exist again.
    gamers are different now. games are different.
    classic was a decent launch, but it soon was obvious that retail had permanently ruined the game community.
    there is no going back unfortunately...

In what way was it dreadful?

10+ Year Old Account
    I am but I also don't have my hopes up as the community is very different than it was in 2008 and for me personally it has affected the experience negatively in classic so far. Will certainly test it though.

3+ Year Old Account
    I can't wait for players to see how truly awful WOTLK was for me. It was fun because everyone was playing at the time but the content itself was dreadful.
    Fixed for you. WotLK was, is and will be forever great for the huge majority of WoW Playerbase.

After thinking about it, I might be waiting for Cata to be honest.

Fixed for you. WotLK was, is and will be forever great for the huge majority of WoW Playerbase.
    Problem is that majority of playerbase liking something =/= its good. You will definitly start seeing some of the really bad impacts coming from QoL, coviniece and lfg system and wow community will start dieing. People will stop interacting with each other, power inflation kicks in with trial of crusade, difficulty levels will segment community and leveling will become super boring.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caperfin View Post
    In what way was it dreadful?
    Way too many covienice and qol features what suck off life from the game and ruined community aspects.