Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Yes, system is garbage, like people already said. Wasting 10-100k on temporary orange crafted gear that should have been a talent is bad design. And what is even worse, designing another system next patch that overlaps with it.
    How is it that you've never heard of BoE's before? People waste tons of gold on things all the time. If average players have gold to spend then they by virtue must be making more then 10 to 30k. If they have gold to spend on repairs, mounts, pets, consumables, and etc then they have the gold to spend on a rank 1 base item. You just proved your argument as flawed and wrong.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2021-06-27 at 03:12 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

7+ Year Old Account
    Ha, ohwell that did not end as expected did it? Let me tell you why. Because your average wow player is poor, 100k is lots of gold and people dont play to farm a damned gold in game to buy shit that gets obsolete in another patch. There is nothing that passively generates gold. It was possible in WoD and Legion somewhat (still not 100% passive). People don't play wow to run shitty minigames daily to have gold.

People WON'T be buying rank 5 or 6 for at least good couple of weeks. Reality hits hard once you take of horse blinders.
    That comes from someone who made 2.2M gold monthly using just 12 alts in order halls.
    good thing you cant even get the domination gear for ATLEAST 2 weeks after launch.

- - - Updated - - -

This is pure Stockholm syndrome, doesn't matter when you can craft them. They will be damned expensive in first couple weeks and average joe will bank his potential upgrade. Not to mention 1-4 rank will go up too.

And no you don't have to buy rank 5. We already debunked this.

It is simply a dumb system. And you keep saying irrelevant things that has absolutely no impact on the literally most common scenario I presented.

You go to raid and drop upgrade with dumbsocket in your leggo slot, too poor to afford another one so it goes to bank.
    ok cool, he will bank it for a week or 2, who the fuck cares?
    Also yes you do have to buy rank 5 if you wanna upgrade to rank 5, or rank 6 if you wanna upgrade to rank 6, that is literally how it works, it is not "debunked"

LOLOL "too poor to afford another one so it goes ito the bank"
    Do your dailies and get korthite crystals, sell them on AH and get your legendary with the gold you make from those.
    that or farm the mats yourself and get someone to craft it, then tip them a couple K.

- - - Updated - - -

No it shows that stockholm syndrome is real and there are people that actually defend really bad systems.

You are telling people to waste gold on temporary workaround JUST to interact with new system that is garbage.
    its not a temporary workaround... holy moly this is dull.

again lets get your complaint
    you are crying you cant be optimal with that sweet 1.5% damage increase
    but you at the same time dont give a shit about a 30 ilvl boost.
    nevermind the fact the 1.5 will actually be about 1%, as you will take awhile to upgrade your gem.

- - - Updated - - -

Callings certainly does not take zero time. They take way more than relogging on 12 alts and sending missions with 2 clicks. And that method used to earn me 2.2M gold monthly in legion. For whatever reason guildmates were poor because they didn't want to deal with campaign on alts (and gearing followers).

https://www.reddit.com/r/woweconomy/...e_player_have/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/woweconomy/..._have_usually/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wownoob/com...e_player_have/

From what you can read, 10-30k is the average. You are simply way out of touch with reality.
    2 years ago.... literally first month of BFA.
    Next thing you are gunna do is poll people on TBC classic what their average gold is and when they respond 500g, you say that people currently on live have 500g on average...
    you are the one out of touch with reality if you think information from over 2 years ago is valid today.
    (Yes there is another 11 months ago, that is also just as invalid, as shadowlands has made players tons of gold, the 6 months one is atleast somewhat relevent, and even then its too small a volume of people)
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    How is it that you've never heard of BoE's before? People waste tons of gold on things all the time. If average players have gold to spend then they by virtue must be making more then 10 to 30k. If they have gold to spend on repairs, mounts, pets, consumables, and etc then they have the gold to spend on a rank 1 base item. You just proved your argument as flawed and wrong. You also shown that you'll move the goal posts to keep the hate going and show that what you call garbage has nothing to do with the system. But everything to do with inventing new things to keep that hate going.
    Are you seriously think average players buy 100k boe of AH?

Now here is the real thing, you have a 1 degree horizon so you are literally unable to understand any point of view other than your own.
    People do not play wow to become master of economy, they play to have some fun with friends (or solo), so a quests now and then, dungeons, some bgs, battlegrounds, maybe raids and thats it. They dont spend ridiculous amount of time (like me) to level up 12 toons to make gold farms. They dont login to play on AH.

So they do not care about gold farming. Now that blizzard has thrown a dick in their salad™ they had to do some crap farming to get leggo in first place. Which some people decided to keep at R1 like we've seen in this very thread. It's not uncommon considering the prices. Now patch 9.1 is coming soon and in order to dabble in new garbage system they either have to bank the potential upgrade or shell out another X amount of gold.

Which is the very definition of badly designed system. If leggos would be talents like they should have been from the very start, all of that would be avoided.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, system is garbage, like people already said. Wasting 10-100k on temporary orange crafted gear that should have been a talent is bad design.
    And what is even worse, designing another system next patch that overlaps with it.
    1. you have never heard of BOE's? or even just crafted gear? look at tbc RIGHT NOW and look at all the warlocks spending INSANE amounts of gold on spellstrike and shadoweave, that they will replace somewhat soon. look at warriors crafting lionheart ffs, crafting gear that will only last you awhile is super common in literally ANY game with a crafting system. crafting a peice of gear should not instantly mean its your BIS forever and ever, or else gearing would already be over, we would still be wearing BIS crafted in classic wow.

2. so your complaint is "i got a really good peice in the slot my legendary is, so im forced to reroll my legendary!"
    So when you recraft your legendary from shoulders to ring, and then you get 2 mythic rings, uh oh you just got BIS rings! time to recraft again... uh legs! uh oh you just got BIS rings! time to recraft! uhh back, oh wait already BIS back!
    Yeah your idea is dumb as shit, cause again.

"UGH THE STAFF FROM RAGNAROS DROPPED, BUT I ALREADY HAVE DRAGONWRATH, GOD BLIZZARD WHY WOULD YOU PUT 2 GOOD ITEMS IN THE SAME SLOT!?"
    You are not a world first raider, no do i think you even do mythic, or even heroic raiding, because your idea of what is and is not optimal is hilariously out of whack.
    so you do not need to worry about 1.5%, your ego far outweighs your actual skill and need for improvement if your signature is anything to go by.

- - - Updated - - -

Now here is the real thing, you have a 1 degree horizon so you are literally unable to understand any point of view other than your own.
    People do not play wow to become master of economy, they play to have some fun with friends (or solo), so a quests now and then, dungeons, some bgs, battlegrounds, maybe raids and thats it. They dont spend ridiculous amount of time (like me) to level up 12 toons to make gold farms. They dont login to play on AH.

So they do not care about gold farming. Now that blizzard has thrown a dick in their salad™ they had to do some crap farming to get leggo in first place. Which some people decided to keep at R1 like we've seen in this very thread. It's not uncommon considering the prices. Now patch 9.1 is coming soon and in order to dabble in new garbage system they either have to bank the potential upgrade or shell out another X amount of gold.

Which is the very definition of badly designed system. If leggos would be talents like they should have been from the very start, all of that would be avoided.
    Yeah, funny, the average player does play to have fun, so the average player does not give a fuck about increasing their dps by 1.5%, so sodd off. especially funny as you keep making this meme of "gotta bank a potential upgrade!"
    we have literally ALWAYS had to bank "potential upgrades"
    Oh hey this staff dropped, i already have a legendary staff
    oh hey this dagger dropped, but ive already got the twin blades
    oh nice sword, i already got mainhand warglaive though
    oh nice bracers, i already have my legendary bracers though

or even
    oh nice pair of bracers, i already have BIS bracers though
    oh nice mainhand, already got BIS staff though.

getting gear you cant wear is literally just a thing, are you really gunna complain about "LOOT IS DROPPING THAT IS NOT AN UPGRADE REEEE!!!"
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2021-06-27 at 03:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    good thing you cant even get the domination gear for ATLEAST 2 weeks after launch.
    So? How does that change anything? It's irrelevant since prices won't drop before that anyways.

ok cool, he will bank it for a week or 2, who the fuck cares?
    Also yes you do have to buy rank 5 if you wanna upgrade to rank 5, or rank 6 if you wanna upgrade to rank 6, that is literally how it works, it is not "debunked"

LOLOL "too poor to afford another one so it goes ito the bank"
    Do your dailies and get korthite crystals, sell them on AH and get your legendary with the gold you make from those.
    that or farm the mats yourself and get someone to craft it, then tip them a couple K.
    He will bank it for months, not for week or two. My R4 leggo went down from 190k to 120k in 3 months.
    You dont have to buy rank 5 if you don't want to upgrade.

How about blizzard stops designing garbage systems in the first place?

its not a temporary workaround... holy moly this is dull.

again lets get your complaint
    you are crying you cant be optimal with that sweet 1.5% damage increase
    but you at the same time dont give a shit about a 30 ilvl boost.
    nevermind the fact the 1.5 will actually be about 1%, as you will take awhile to upgrade your gem.
    nobody is crying about being optimal, that is pure nonsense. Its about not being able to interact with new system until you change legendary.
    And funny thing is, you could be lucky and already have the correct lego slot.

2 years ago.... literally first month of BFA.
    Next thing you are gunna do is poll people on TBC classic what their average gold is and when they respond 500g, you say that people currently on live have 500g on average...
    you are the one out of touch with reality if you think information from over 2 years ago is valid today.
    (Yes there is another 11 months ago, that is also just as invalid, as shadowlands has made players tons of gold, the 6 months one is atleast somewhat relevent, and even then its too small a volume of people)
    Did you realize how wrong are you about it? Did you? If not then let me explain:

You can track how much gold was worth since wow token, at the end of legion, thanks to order halls it was way easier to make money than it is now (literally one mission gave you 2k without doing shit)

So your analogy is insanely incorrect. It is absolutely correct and relevant now. If anything players are ever poorer.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

15+ Year Old Account
    You couldn't understand how people spend thousands of gold on temporary gear. You never mentioned the average player or other qualifiers. Stop shifting things just because your argument is found to have more holes then swiss cheese. You can "not care about gold farming" and still afford a rank 1 base item. Remember you already stated they are spending all their gold on mounts, pets, cosmetics, and more. You can't also claim that the average player is too poor to afford a rank 1 base item while at the same time saying they can afford anything else they want.

You also don't understand how legendary upgrades work. Everyone has to buy a rank 5 base item in order to upgrade. Which means that point of yours is moot. They don't have to bank an domination socket upgrade because they can buy a rank 1 legendary and have the same exact effect. Remember you once argued that it is basically the same item as a means for why they shouldn't have to buy rank 1 as a way to use the domination socket upgrade.

You change anything about your argument to try and plug the leaks. The system isn't the garbage here.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

1. you have never heard of BOE's? or even just crafted gear? look at tbc RIGHT NOW and look at all the warlocks spending INSANE amounts of gold on spellstrike and shadoweave, that they will replace somewhat soon. look at warriors crafting lionheart ffs, crafting gear that will only last you awhile is super common in literally ANY game with a crafting system. crafting a peice of gear should not instantly mean its your BIS forever and ever, or else gearing would already be over, we would still be wearing BIS crafted in classic wow.
    That is completey irrelevant to discusion, some players spending insane amount of gold on something =/= average players paying to unlock the same talent they had.

2. so your complaint is "i got a really good peice in the slot my legendary is, so im forced to reroll my legendary!"
    So when you recraft your legendary from shoulders to ring, and then you get 2 mythic rings, uh oh you just got BIS rings! time to recraft again... uh legs! uh oh you just got BIS rings! time to recraft! uhh back, oh wait already BIS back!
    Yeah your idea is dumb as shit, cause again.
    This system is dumb as shit. Because legendary is by definition (and by sims) BiS. Not rings, no matter how high item level of those dropped rings are.

"UGH THE STAFF FROM RAGNAROS DROPPED, BUT I ALREADY HAVE DRAGONWRATH, GOD BLIZZARD WHY WOULD YOU PUT 2 GOOD ITEMS IN THE SAME SLOT!?"
    You are not a world first raider, no do i think you even do mythic, or even heroic raiding, because your idea of what is and is not optimal is hilariously out of whack.
    so you do not need to worry about 1.5%, your ego far outweighs your actual skill and need for improvement if your signature is anything to go by.
    Except again, this is totally irrelevant. What are you even on about? legendary is crafted ON SLOT OF YOUR CHOICE, its not a static drop, its not alternative, you can have both while spending gold to recraft it. It's really not my fault you can't understand the difference.

Oh and by the way I was doing mythic since WoD (heroic in MoP). The difference is that I do not talk about my situation because I would get upgrade anyways. But I do understand the other people point of view, you don't. Still doesn't change the fact system is garbage.

Yeah, funny, the average player does play to have fun, so the average player does not give a fuck about increasing their dps by 1.5%, so sodd off. especially funny as you keep making this meme of "gotta bank a potential upgrade!"
    You are still unable to understand that getting +20 ilvl gear with new socket and being unable to equip due to stupid restrictions (or shelling out gold) has nothing to do with being optimal. It's damn bad feeling when you know YOU COULD equip it only if you did craft leggo in different slot.

we have literally ALWAYS had to bank "potential upgrades"
    Oh hey this staff dropped, i already have a legendary staff
    oh hey this dagger dropped, but ive already got the twin blades
    oh nice sword, i already got mainhand warglaive though
    oh nice bracers, i already have my legendary bracers though
    They were not upgrades then. You seems to misunderstand the system completely.

- - - Updated - - -

You couldn't understand how people spend thousands of gold on temporary gear. You never mentioned the average player or other qualifiers. Stop shifting things just because your argument is found to have more holes then swiss cheese. You can "not care about gold farming" and still afford a rank 1 base item. Remember you already stated they are spending all their gold on mounts, pets, cosmetics, and more. You can't also claim that the average player is too poor to afford a rank 1 base item while at the same time saying they can afford anything else they want.

You also don't understand how legendary upgrades work. Everyone has to buy a rank 5 base item in order to upgrade. Which means that point of yours is moot. They don't have to bank an domination socket upgrade because they can buy a rank 1 legendary and have the same exact effect. Remember you once argued that it is basically the same item as a means for why they shouldn't have to buy rank 1 as a way to use the domination socket upgrade.

You change anything about your argument to try and plug the leaks. The system isn't the garbage here.
    I can understand a lot of shit since i bought brontosaur and quit wow couple months later. I am not average, you are not average. The difference is that I know that, you don't. Hell, my pet collection is worth many times more than average player wealth.

Everyone has to buy a rank 5 base item in order to upgrade.
    Not everyone will be doing it, especially with those prices. They will wait till it goes down.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

15+ Year Old Account
    Not everyone will be doing it, especially with those prices. They will wait till it goes down.
    Waiting still means they have to buy it. It also means they can go with a lesser priced but identical legendary effect to keep using their upgrade while waiting for that price to come down. I don't know that I'm an above average player? I am on the forum discussing. Of course I'm an above average player. The difference in understanding is that you don't even know how easy it is to afford a rank 1 item.

Remember you are the one that tried to argue that these "average" players can afford mounts, pets, repairs, consumables, etc. Yet you don't understand that those things cost more then 10 to 30k when you add them all up. Rank 1 items are affordable and only a person intentionally blinding themselves to reality would say otherwise.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2021-06-27 at 03:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Their decisions make me think they are data analysts, and the content is driven by whatever metrics lead to the highest 'engagement'
    So much this.

They go out of their way to squeeze out as much /played out of min-maxer's neuroticism because they know min-maxers will go through all the painful hops to stay optimal.

Waiting still means they have to buy it. It also means they can go with a lesser priced but identical legendary effect to keep using their upgrade while waiting for that price to come down. I don't know that I'm an above average player? I am on the forum discussing. Of course I'm an above average player. The difference in understanding is that you don't even know how easy it is to afford a rank 1 item.

Remember you are the one that tried to argue that these "average" players can afford mounts, pets, repairs, consumables, etc. Yet you don't understand that those things cost more then 10 to 30k when you add them all up. Rank 1 items are affordable and only a person intentionally blinding themselves to reality would say otherwise.
    See the bolded parts? That is exactly why this system is badly designed. Legion leggos were fixed, there was nothing else in these slots that could ever possibly be better than leggo. So that's the first big difference. Even with transition to new patch, there was just nothing better in your bis lego slot.

Average players dont buy 100k mounts. If they have a yak then they had to farm hard for them. You do realize that there are thousands of pets <1k gold? Hundreds of cheap mounts, repairs for a one week night raid and 1-2 flasks a week. Which is like what 5k a week at best.

I told you, do heroic dungeons, ask 50 random people how much gold they have.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by Antontein View Post
    Dude, keep the toxic garbage in your head and do not spread it to us.
    Shut the fuck up. People sunk a lot of time into crafting that armor, and had they known it would be useless after 9.1 they never would have stepped foot in choreghast.

15+ Year Old Account
    See the bolded parts? That is exactly why this system is badly designed.
    The system is badly designed because they can go with an alternative when they can't afford a more expensive one? Remember the legendary effect is identical on a rank 1 as it is on a higher rank. It is weird how you are no longer arguing that they are basically the same item. The system isn't garbage. Your crusade against it is.

So you except an average player can make at best 5k a week but say the average player won't be doing callings where they could make 10k a week at a minimum? You don't understand half as much as you think you do about the current game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    Shut the fuck up. People sunk a lot of time into crafting that armor, and had they known it would be useless after 9.1 they never would have stepped foot in choreghast.
    Are you aware that you don't need the individual ranks to upgrade to rank 5? Everyone spent time for no reason to get a rank 4. That is how things work in WoW from the beginning. New gear comes out and invalidates the old.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    i dont think you know how the legendary crafting system works.

The system is badly designed because they can go with an alternative when they can't afford a more expensive one? Remember the legendary effect is identical on a rank 1 as it is on a higher rank. It is weird how you are no longer arguing that they are basically the same item. The system isn't garbage. Your crusade against it is.
    System is garbage. I know that effect is the same, you would know that I know about it If you read my posts.
    And it still doesn't change anything since you have to waste your time and money to create duplicate on different slot.

So you except an average player can make at best 5k a week but say the average player won't be doing callings where they could make 10k a week at a minimum? You don't understand half as much as you think you do about the current game.
    Thats not what I said. I said average player uses ~5k gold a week. So he doesn't farm that in any way more than he needs. Logs in about 2-3 times a week, do some stuff and log out. Average player does not play daily, (maybe more when patch/expension hits).

Are you aware that you don't need the individual ranks to upgrade to rank 5? Everyone spent time for no reason to get a rank 4. That is how things work in WoW from the beginning. New gear comes out and invalidates the old.
    And you are aware that if this system wouldn't be garbage you wouldn't need to upgrade anything, and in fact, do nothing at all unless you DECIDE to actually upgrade?

Remove the word "upgrade" from your mind because this shit is going to be way too expensive at start. My leggo ring transition base is now 60k.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

i dont think you know how the legendary crafting system works.
    Im pretty sure its the other guy who doesnt know how crafting the 'specialized armor' works...

15+ Year Old Account
    Thats not what I said. I said average player uses ~5k gold a week. So he doesn't farm that in any way more than he needs. Logs in about 2-3 times a week, do some stuff and log out. Average player does not play daily, (maybe more when patch/expension hits).
    If they use 5k a week and only farms what they need then you are saying they only make 5k a week.

And you are aware that if this system wouldn't be garbage you wouldn't need to upgrade anything, and in fact, do nothing at all unless you DECIDE to actually upgrade?
    If you don't need to upgrade how can you choose to upgrade? You don't have to do anything unless you decide to upgrade in the current system. Which means that it isn't garbage by your own words. Lol.

If they use 5k a week and only farms what they need then you are saying they only make 5k a week.
    One does not equal the other. It simply means they are not inclined to actively farm gold.

If you don't need to upgrade how can you choose to upgrade? You don't have to do anything unless you decide to upgrade in the current system. Which means that it isn't garbage by your own words. Lol.
    The same way I don't really need 3 monitors but I chose to get them anyways. Combination of good offer and whim.

Which ISN'T the case with new garbage system.
    New system gives can give you a big upgrade (new item with dumbsocket) but in order to use it, you would have to recraft legendary.

It really doesn't get simpler than that. You may understand that if you completely remove the word "upgrade" from your dictionary. Imagine that it does not exist (because for average players it will not exist until prices gets down to affordable level).
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

15+ Year Old Account
    One does not equal the other. It simply means they are not inclined to actively farm gold.
    How can they get 5k a week to pay all of their stuff if they are not also farming at least 5k a week? If they are farming more then 5k a week then they can afford a rank 1 base item.

Which ISN'T the case with new garbage system. New system gives can give you a big upgrade (new item with dumbsocket) but in order to use it, you would have to recraft legendary.
    So you are choosing to use the upgrade over the legendary. Choice. You can choose to recraft the legendary at minimal cost. Choice. You can choose to bank the new gear in favor of the legendary. Choice. All you keep doing is stating how choices exists when that is what you wanted in a system.

How can they get 5k a week to pay all of their stuff if they are not also farming at least 5k a week? If they are farming more then 5k a week then they can afford a rank 1 base item.
    Ask them yourself, told you, go heroic dungeons, ask people how they get their gold and how much they have. Buckle up for surprises.

So you are choosing to use the upgrade over the legendary. Choice. You can choose to recraft the legendary at minimal cost. Choice. You can choose to bank the new gear in favor of the legendary. Choice. All you keep doing is stating how choices exists when that is what you wanted in a system.
    I can also disenchant all my gear as a choice, i can also bank my legendary, also a choice. Both of them are bad choices.
    And with new garbage system there is no good choice.

Funny thing is the covenant "meaningful choice" is the only choice in shadowlands i supported - go ahead check my entire post history, im still going to defend that. Because choosing between power and aesthetics is a proper choice.

Problem is with system like this shit is that there is no salad that doesn't have dick in it. All of the choices are bad, none of them is satisfactory.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Isn't it about time we stop calling items that are sometimes not as good as a competing epic, legendary?. The aura of the legendary as something to be impressed by has been gone since Pandaria and now its just another grind item with very short term, menial increased benefits.