Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    1. sounds like you are bullshiting, your friends in MYTHIC RAID couldnt afford repairs? you can literally do 1 single fucking quest and get multiple ENTIRE repair bills.
    2. lololol again you are talking out your ass.
    3. yes you did have to upgrade your leggo when a new tier hit, are you fucking serious?
    https://www.wowhead.com/legion-legendary-items-guide
    4. i do know the whole system, you are the one who legit thinks the AVERAGE PLAYER has 10-30k gold, when you can get 5k in about 10 minutes of gameplay ever single day.
    1. More like you sound way out of touch with reality, and again, your reading comprehension is bad, never said they were "friends".
    2. was that was suppose to be argument?
    3. No, I did not. Leggo worked without upgrading simple as that. https://blizzardwatch.com/2017/06/22...daries-in-wow/
    4. You don't. Thus you are unable to understand why wowhead is correct and also why people are complaining. I can get much more than 5k in 10 minutes, still irrelevant because average players dont farm gold and don't care.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    1. More like you sound way out of touch with reality, and again, your reading comprehension is bad, never said they were "friends".
    2. was that was suppose to be argument?
    3. No, I did not. Leggo worked without upgrading simple as that. https://blizzardwatch.com/2017/06/22...daries-in-wow/
    4. You don't. Thus you are unable to understand why wowhead is correct and also why people are complaining. I can get much more than 5k in 10 minutes, still irrelevant because average players dont farm gold and don't care.
    "No. You are wrong. We literally had people in mythic guild who couldn't afford to repair and people had to borrow them gold. None of my casual friends ever hit 100k mark, ever."

At this point it... it is just fucking sad... come on man.
    leggos work in shadowlands too without upgrading, but you still could upgrade them
    doing 3 world quests is not "farming gold"
    my dude, you need help. dont even bother responding cause im just not going to bother putting my head through a meatgrinder anymore to try and communicate.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    "No. You are wrong. We literally had people in mythic guild who couldn't afford to repair and people had to borrow them gold. None of my casual friends ever hit 100k mark, ever."

At this point it... it is just fucking sad... come on man.
    leggos work in shadowlands too without upgrading, but you still could upgrade them
    doing 3 world quests is not "farming gold"
    my dude, you need help. dont even bother responding cause im just not going to bother putting my head through a meatgrinder anymore to try and communicate.
    Reality finally hit hard eh?

Leggos work, just the dumbination gems wont since it doesn't match the gem slot. Or leggo won't work if you replace the piece with dumbination gear.

doing 3 world quest won't get you new leggo. More like you need 200 wqs to re-earn what you already had, that and X * Y * torghast runs where X is the amount of leggos needed to recraft and Y is the amount of runs needed for one piece.

It's you who need help if you think wowhead is wrong
    This is pure stockholm syndrome.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

15+ Year Old Account
    No. You are wrong. We literally had people in mythic guild who couldn't afford to repair and people had to borrow them gold. None of my casual friends ever hit 100k mark, ever.
    So then the average player won't even be impacted by your arguments. Because they are still in a rank 1 or rank 2 legendary. Even on the server you linked to earlier the rank 1 shoulders are going for 5k. Easily affordable and the domination socket will be a huge upgrade in stats over the low rank legendaries.

This link might be useful for updating your knowledge of the game. https://www.wowhead.com/legion-legen...e-my-legendary

- - - Updated - - -

doing 3 world quest won't get you new leggo. More like you need 200 wqs to re-earn what you already had, that and X * Y * torghast runs where X is the amount of leggos needed to recraft and Y is the amount of runs needed for one piece.
    You don't need to do 200 world quests to earn 10 to 30k gold. As I told you that is only a few weeks of callings which is the minimal amount of world quest content per day. You also only need to do 3 weeks of two wings each week in order to get enough soul ash for a rank 4, 5, or 6 legendary. You don't need to recraft more then one legendary since you can only equip one. Choosing to min/max when you already couldn't afford rank 4 is stupid. You keep arguing against yourself and proving your own arguments invalid. lol.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So then the average player won't even be impacted by your arguments. Because they are still in a rank 1 or rank 2 legendary. Even on the server you linked to earlier the rank 1 shoulders are going for 5k. Easily affordable and the domination socket will be a huge upgrade in stats over the low rank legendaries.

This link might be useful for updating your knowledge of the game. https://www.wowhead.com/legion-legen...e-my-legendary
    Of course they will get impacted. One way or another it is going to cost them time and effort to earn again what they already had. And that time (and gold) could have been better spend elsewhere, ie. doing the stuff they actually like. The thing is you don't understand that for me or you 100k might be nothing, for other players is tons of work. And lets not forget about people who did profession just to craft their leggos.

I don't need to update my knowledge since I got roughly ~40 legion legendaries spread across 12 alts and 36 mage towers done, some upgraded, some not. I know exactly how that system worked. I know exactly the problems of it including previous patches (the link you sent me was for last patch only). There were different items to update leggo prior to that.

You don't need to do 200 world quests to earn 10 to 30k gold. As I told you that is only a few weeks of callings which is the minimal amount of world quest content per day. You also only need to do 3 weeks of two wings each week in order to get enough soul ash for a rank 4, 5, or 6 legendary. You don't need to recraft more then one legendary since you can only equip one. Choosing to min/max when you already couldn't afford rank 4 is stupid. You keep arguing against yourself and proving your own arguments invalid. lol.
    Your very first sentence is assumption of something I have never said. So I am not going to even read that. Lets dissect what I said:

doing 3 world quest won't get you new leggo
    - absolute truth, unless blizzard is going to increase gold rewards a lot.
    More like you need 200 wqs to re-earn what you already had
    - now this statement needs a context which is next sentence,
    that and X * Y * torghast runs where X is the amount of leggos needed to recraft and Y is the amount of runs needed for one piece.
    - which is a simple math of additional effort required to point out flaws in obviously badly designed system.

Again, not hard to understand that depending on your leggo slot, the amount of leggos you need, the amount may vary. Doing 200 with only callings will be like 100-150k so one R5 or couple or lower ranks. Spread over 66 days, doing shit you may not even like, where flying on paths being major activity.

WQs aren't even good gold source. Callings neither.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

15+ Year Old Account
    Of course they will get impacted. One way or another it is going to cost them time and effort to earn again what they already had. And that time (and gold) could have been better spend elsewhere, ie. doing the stuff they actually like. The thing is you don't understand that for me or you 100k might be nothing, for other players is tons of work. And lets not forget about people who did profession just to craft their leggos.
    Why do you keep going to 100k? You just said the average player won't have any where near that. So it doesn't matter to them at all. They can afford to replace the rank 1 or rank 2 that you stated is all that they can afford.

Again, not hard to understand that depending on your leggo slot, the amount of leggos you need, the amount may vary. Doing 200 with only callings will be like 100-150k so one R5 or couple or lower ranks. Spread over 66 days, doing shit you may not even like, where flying on paths being major activity.
    The amount does not vary. Won't the price drop over 66 days? Weird how you still argue day 1 prices while in the past you said people will have to wait for prices to drop. Which is it? Prices will drop or they won't? Which is it the average player has never had 100k (remember you randomly polled heroic LFD players months ago to prove that they have never had 100k) or they will be able to afford 100k over 66 days?

I never said world quests were the best source of gold. Stop moving the goal posts after you defeat your past arguments.

More like you need 200 wqs to re-earn what you already had
    If the average player has never been able to afford a rank 4 legendary then they don't have to replace the legendary at rank 4. You also keep using re-earn incorrectly. If they already had a legendary in that slot they don't need to re-earn it to switch to that slot. It is a new item in a new slot with the same legendary effect and general stat budget.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Why do you keep going to 100k? You just said the average player won't have any where near that. So it doesn't matter to them at all. They can afford to replace the rank 1 or rank 2 that you stated is all that they can afford.
    Is this a serious question? "fuck poor people, new system is not bad because poor people finally know their place" - you.

The amount does not vary. Won't the price drop over 66 days? Weird how you still argue day 1 prices while in the past you said people will have to wait for prices to drop. Which is it? Prices will drop or they won't? Which is it the average player has never had 100k (remember you randomly polled heroic LFD players months ago to prove that they have never had 100k) or they will be able to afford 100k over 66 days?

I never said world quests were the best source of gold. Stop moving the goal posts after you defeat your past arguments.
    Of course it varies. For some reason you cannot understand that having more leggos to recraft = more work to do.
    And another concept that is somewhat elusive to you, having farming gold once, then spending it on leggo doesn't magically make you rich forever.

Thats the thing, if a player has on average ~30k, farms additional 50k over a course of lets say a month, then spends it on a stupid leggo, it doesn't magically make him an "average of 80k player". Or you know, swipes a CC once a year.

If the average player has never been able to afford a rank 4 legendary then they don't have to replace the legendary at rank 4. You also keep using re-earn incorrectly. If they already had a legendary in that slot they don't need to re-earn it to switch to that slot. It is a new item in a new slot with the same legendary effect and general stat budget.
    Why do you keep defending this shit system? Your arguments are on olympic gymnastic level sometimes. You are literally trying your best to excuse devs bad decisions.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

The system is badly designed because they can go with an alternative when they can't afford a more expensive one? Remember the legendary effect is identical on a rank 1 as it is on a higher rank. It is weird how you are no longer arguing that they are basically the same item. The system isn't garbage. Your crusade against it is.

So you except an average player can make at best 5k a week but say the average player won't be doing callings where they could make 10k a week at a minimum? You don't understand half as much as you think you do about the current game.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you aware that you don't need the individual ranks to upgrade to rank 5? Everyone spent time for no reason to get a rank 4. That is how things work in WoW from the beginning. New gear comes out and invalidates the old.
    Nobody is going to sink that kind of time into a system that gets replaced in the very next patch. Standard crafting items, raid items, i can absolutely agree with. What they did to the LEGENDARY crafting system is unacceptable. If they are replaced within the same expansion they aren't legendary, they're fucking worthless, and the timesink to obtain them is pointless. Had we known it would have been this way, NOBODY with a brain would have bothered

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    Nobody is going to sink that kind of time into a system that gets replaced in the very next patch. Standard crafting items, raid items, i can absolutely agree with. What they did to the LEGENDARY crafting system is unacceptable. If they are replaced within the same expansion they aren't legendary, they're fucking worthless, and the timesink to obtain them is pointless. Had we known it would have been this way, NOBODY with a brain would have bothered
    Sink time? The powers all come from playing the game and you can even buy a book to learn ones you are missing. Base items you either do yourself or just buy. Soul ash is a 3 weeks with 9.1 for a rank 4. That is still less time on average that is spent getting gear from raids. Legendaries have rarely lasted the entire expansion in WoW so expecting them to is silly. It shows a bias that you are using to hate.

If you had to already upgrade to ranks 1, 2, 3, and 4 then it is logical that you would have to upgrade to rank 5 with the next tier. You say anyone with a brain wouldn't think that so it shows how biased and close minded you are to the way things usually work in the game. You don't need rank 4 to get rank 5 so nothing is wasted, lost, or changed with patch 9.1. The only thing that changed is there is a more worthwhile item for some slots that legendaries share.

Quote Originally Posted by Sativex View Post
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...grades/1012268

We’ve made an update to Chains of Domination today.

Previously on the PTR, only newly-created Shadowlands Legendaries were set to receive a gem socket. With today’s update, all items granted legendary power by the Runecarver in the Helm, Neck, Bracer, Belt, and Ring slots will receive a socket, whether you’re creating a brand new item or upgrading an older one.

We’re working on an issue with this: the preview of some items may not show the socket when you’re setting up your upgrade at the Runecarver, but the socket will be included on the final item. We’ll get the preview fixed as soon as possible.

Thank you!
    I have the legendary power in the shoulders, does this mean I am screwed even though they "fixed" it? Warlock Synergy legendary on shoulders.
    Last edited by kodemonkee; 2021-06-30 at 06:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kodemonkee View Post
    I have the legendary power in the shoulders, does this mean I am screwed even though they "fixed" it? Warlock Synergy legendary on shoulders.
    No, it means if you plan to raid at all, instead of upgrading your shoulders, you should just craft a new legendary. The only difference in cost is 5k soul ash and the 2 missives.

Yes, sockets themselves in legendaries mean nothing, you want gear with dumbination socket in shoulder slot. It's not a regular socket.

https://www.wowhead.com/news/legenda...writers-322953

https://www.wowhead.com/guides/shard...rd-set-bonuses

Domination Sockets are a brand new type of socket that can appear on slots of gear in Patch 9.1. All Helms, Shoulders, Chests from Sanctum of Domination will drop with Domination Sockets. Two more gear slots can drop Domination Sockets in Sanctum of Domination which depends on your armor type:
    Cloth: Bracers & Belt
    Leather: Gloves & Boots
    Mail: Belt & Boots
    Plate: Bracers & Gloves
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by neescher View Post
    No, it means if you plan to raid at all, instead of upgrading your shoulders, you should just craft a new legendary. The only difference in cost is 5k soul ash and the 2 missives.
    And you pick up the Soul Ash anyway while farming Torghast for the Soul Cinders that you need, plus you get a free Socket in it now. And you will have to buy a Rank 5 base item anyway. Meaning this entire rage thread is completely pointless and all the whining comes from people who are likely not playing and haven't bothered even understanding the system.

Much like most threads in this forum some guy reads halve a wowhead article, explodes in unfounded rage and opens a thread. Then all the haters (most of which aren't even playing the game) flock to this thread and explain why this now proves how Blizzard hates players, wants us to suffer and why Ion should be fired. MMO-Champion in a nutshell.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    And you will have to buy a Rank 5 base item anyway.
    Wait so I can start, for let's say my alt who doesn't have a legendary, instantly with a level 5 legendary?

Wait so I can start, for let's say my alt who doesn't have a legendary, instantly with a level 5 legendary?
    If you never had leggo then new system is not issue. Problem is when you already have leggo in wrong slot.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Yes.
    10char

- - - Updated - - -

If you never had leggo then new system is not issue. Problem is when you already have leggo in wrong slot.
    What's exactly the problem? You need to farm cinders for rank 5 anyway, and in the process of doing so you will also get soul ash.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Oh no, have to spend 5000 of your 24350 soul ash you have anyway and in 9.1 you get like 80% more than now. recrafting legendaries is fine.
    Those of us who didn't do Torghast more than we absolutely had to don't have spare Soul Ash.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    What's exactly the problem? You need to farm cinders for rank 5 anyway, and in the process of doing so you will also get soul ash.
    I explained it extensively in last couple pages, TL;DR no you wouldn't need to upgrade anything if system was properly designed.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by Antontein View Post
    Dude, keep the toxic garbage in your head and do not spread it to us.
    Why is that toxic garbage? There is no reason, why you cannot swap between the different slots of your legendary power for a, e.g., 1k Soul Ash fee. From PoV, this not being in the game has just negatives, in terms of, "well I got a neck with BiS stats in my vault, but I can't use it because my leggo is in that slot" (similar to the domination socket thing).

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    It's not like the legendaries cost an absurd amount of gold - they are actually quite cheap. If you don't have the gold to recraft one, you are doing something wrong in this game haha.
    That depends on the server, and the armour type and slot. With luck you'll want a slot that lots of crafters want and not a lot of non-crafters want.

As for making them yourself, that is not cheap considering that you have to make many to level up that slot (and if you now need a new slot, you'll be doing it all over again, at considerable expense). If you're lucky (the reverse kind from the non-crafter 'you' above) you'll be moving to a slot that has high demand and few other crafters and you'll make your money back, but even that will probably take some time, so in the meantime you'll have a pile of pieces in your bank, tying up space and gold.

On a large server it'll probably all come out about even, with a small profit to the crafters. On small servers it'll be all over the place.