Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ...
16
24
25
26
27
28
... LastLast
  1. #501
    Quote Originally Posted by kodemonkee View Post
    Wait so I can start, for let's say my alt who doesn't have a legendary, instantly with a level 5 legendary?
    Yes, you just need be geared enough to get through the higher levels of Torghast, or you have to do the lower levels a few times. The Soul Cinders might be hard to get if you are not geared, hard to say yet. Getting Rank 4 immediatedly will be no issue for sure tho.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    If you never had leggo then new system is not issue. Problem is when you already have leggo in wrong slot.
    No, that is exactly wrong.

    Remaking a Legendary and Upgrading it costs you exactly the same. Both ways need a Rank 5 base item, both ways need Soul Cinders. The only difference is that you need some Soul Ash for the Recrafting, BUT you get that anyway while you are farming the Soul Cinders. The only very small difference is that you need 2 fresh Missives. What are those going for atm? 1000 gold each?

    That is it. 2000 Gold are the difference. And because people are not understandting this this thread is full of misinformation and indignation.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    Aren't we past the point where making good arguments for or against the system is going to change anything? Or is this about winning some internet points...

    It is what it is. But why let yourself be bothered by something that may not even affect you in a meaningful way if you're not a victim of several unlucky scenarios?
    I don't think this thread or any other whine thread in this forum was ever about good arguments. It's about people misunderstanding and misrepresenting facts to create and spread hatred for a game they haven't been playing for years. Because they cannot accept that people are liking this game while it and it's creators are the sworn enemies of those thread creators.

  2. #502
    Brewmaster Malania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Newcastle, UK
    Posts
    1,475
    Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    Good argument. They can't so there is not point in saying that I think this is a bad system. 10/10 logic.

    It is not only about spending a few weeks on a new legendary.
    It is about recrafting a power I already have, and having to delay other things I want to get.
    It is about regretting your forced coinflip decision. Not having the possibilty to swap your legendary slot does not create any excitement if it worked out, all it does is make you feel bad in case of the above explained scenario.
    I am not saying this makes 9.1 unplayable, I just do not see the upsides of this restrictions and can only see downsides.
    No, feel free to vent but at this point you're pissing into the wind mate. Just pointing it's a minor issue.

  3. #503
    Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    No, feel free to vent but at this point you're pissing into the wind mate. Just pointing it's a minor issue.
    Well, that is easy to say,"it is just a minor issue". Depending on who you ask, every issue might be just an minor issue.

    Good that is minor for you, it is not for me.

  4. #504
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    Yes, you just need be geared enough to get through the higher levels of Torghast, or you have to do the lower levels a few times. The Soul Cinders might be hard to get if you are not geared, hard to say yet. Getting Rank 4 immediatedly will be no issue for sure tho.
    That's nice, thanks!

  5. #505
    Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    Well, that is easy to say,"it is just a minor issue". Depending on who you ask, every issue might be just an minor issue.

    Good that is minor for you, it is not for me.
    More often than not it's just as big as you make it to be. Right now you have no way of knowing how much it will affect you, but if you want to see it as all doom and gloom, well, there's no way of stopping you. Can't see how that helps, but hey - to each their own!

  6. #506
    Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    It is not only about spending a few weeks on a new legendary. It is about recrafting a power I already have, and having to delay other things I want to get. It is about regretting your forced coinflip decision. Not having the possibilty to swap your legendary slot does not create any excitement if it worked out, all it does is make you feel bad in case of the above explained scenario. I am not saying this makes 9.1 unplayable, I just do not see the upsides of this restrictions and can only see downsides.
    You have to recraft that power anyways to upgrade it to rank 5. The soul ash and soul cinder costs adjust automatically based on the base item you use in crafting. You don't have to delay other things you want to get because soul ash and cinders are used only for legendary system. So you only have to delay crafting another legendary. Which defeats the complaint about not wanting to recraft.

    There is no forced coinflip decision. You either replace the legendary with a better item in its slot or you don't. It is the same simple gearing choices that have existed since the start of WoW. Is X drop more powerful then your existing Y item? Yes? Replace. No? Vendor, DE, delete. Maybe? Bank it for potential side grades or down the road upgrades.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  7. #507
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    No, that is exactly wrong.

    Remaking a Legendary and Upgrading it costs you exactly the same. Both ways need a Rank 5 base item, both ways need Soul Cinders. The only difference is that you need some Soul Ash for the Recrafting, BUT you get that anyway while you are farming the Soul Cinders. The only very small difference is that you need 2 fresh Missives. What are those going for atm? 1000 gold each?
    You are excusing a bad system.
    Remaking legendary vs leaving legendary as it was = cost differs greatly. I don't need a rank 5.

    Some people cannot comprehend that "upgrading" is not going to be possible for vast majority of people in first weeks (after it will be possible).
    Simply because of prices. Let alone for people with multiple leggos.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

    NextUI for XIV


  8. #508
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    You are excusing a bad system.
    Remaking legendary vs leaving legendary as it was = cost differs greatly. I don't need a rank 5.

    Some people cannot comprehend that "upgrading" is not going to be possible for vast majority of people in first weeks (after it will be possible).
    Simply because of prices. Let alone for people with multiple leggos.
    Craft only the ones you need then. Or are you implying that all of those people will have all of the dom sockets in all possible slots for their legendaries in the first weeks of the patch? Doesn't sound plausible.

  9. #509
    This is all only relevant if you Raid is it? I mean for a casual like me that might do LFR at best for a recipe and only does M+ otherwise, I shouldn’t care what slot my legendary is I. Right?

  10. #510
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    More often than not it's just as big as you make it to be. Right now you have no way of knowing how much it will affect you, but if you want to see it as all doom and gloom, well, there's no way of stopping you. Can't see how that helps, but hey - to each their own!
    It might seem like it? That issue happened in the 2nd week, and I was stuck with an ilvl 194 piece in the other slot for quite some time. This is just unnecessary.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You have to recraft that power anyways to upgrade it to rank 5. The soul ash and soul cinder costs adjust automatically based on the base item you use in crafting. You don't have to delay other things you want to get because soul ash and cinders are used only for legendary system. So you only have to delay crafting another legendary. Which defeats the complaint about not wanting to recraft.

    There is no forced coinflip decision. You either replace the legendary with a better item in its slot or you don't. It is the same simple gearing choices that have existed since the start of WoW. Is X drop more powerful then your existing Y item? Yes? Replace. No? Vendor, DE, delete. Maybe? Bank it for potential side grades or down the road upgrades.
    What do you mean you have to recraft anyways? I am complaining about not being able to swap the base item, after I have the max rank.

    There is. I have to craft the item, which renders another slot useless from the GV. You just Don replace your leggo with a normal item, lol.

    It delays future legendary crafts and might cost 150k.

  11. #511
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    Craft only the ones you need then. Or are you implying that all of those people will have all of the dom sockets in all possible slots for their legendaries in the first weeks of the patch? Doesn't sound plausible.
    All you need is literally one item in your current leggo slot to drop from raid. Thats it. You are screwed.

    Because you got upgrade (a definite one) that in order to equip, have to spend tons of gold and effort if you didn't farm torghast.
    Which is exactly bad design.

    And no, in legion "good item" was still trash compared to legendary thus it was not an upgrade.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

    NextUI for XIV


  12. #512
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    All you need is literally one item in your current leggo slot to drop from raid. Thats it. You are screwed.

    Because you got upgrade (a definite one) that in order to equip, have to spend tons of gold and effort if you didn't farm torghast.
    Which is exactly bad design.

    And no, in legion "good item" was still trash compared to legendary thus it was not an upgrade.
    Not every raid drop will be a definite upgrade over a legendary. Or do you mean like rank 1?
    Same thing can happen if you have a low rank legendary in the proper slot - that too can have upgrades in the raid. What then?
    In none of those cases I'm screwed. I just work my way towards the new rank. I'd do that anyway to be properly geared to step into the raid. If you can't make the effort - tough luck, but I cant feel symapthetic.

  13. #513
    Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    What do you mean you have to recraft anyways? I am complaining about not being able to swap the base item, after I have the max rank. There is. I have to craft the item, which renders another slot useless from the GV. You just Don replace your leggo with a normal item, lol. It delays future legendary crafts and might cost 150k.
    You don't have the max rank though since 9.1 introduced rank 5 and rank 6. You can go straight to rank 5 or 6 with out having 1 through 4 which is why you are not recrafting unless you decide to switch to a rank 1,2,3, or 4 of what you already have. And then you'll be paying less then you likely paid for it closer to launch since most servers the prices are low.

    A slot is useless from the great vault? So like it is now. You are just switching slots. Of course you aren't replacing your legendary with a normal item but with a Domination socket item because with the domination shard it is better for that slot then the legendary. Because the legendary can go in another slot that doesn't have a better option.

    You can only equip one legendary at a time so future crafts are not all that important. It only delays it by 3 weeks as that is all it takes to get enough soul ash for ranks 4-6 (5 and 6 only require soul cinders) if you clear all 12 layers of Torghast twice a week. It won't cost 150k for a rank 4 on most servers. Even then you can just craft a rank 1 since the legendary effect is equal to that of a rank 4. Stats are the only thing that change. There really is no big issue with the way the system is set up.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  14. #514
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You don't have the max rank though since 9.1 introduced rank 5 and rank 6. You can go straight to rank 5 or 6 with out having 1 through 4 which is why you are not recrafting unless you decide to switch to a rank 1,2,3, or 4 of what you already have. And then you'll be paying less then you likely paid for it closer to launch since most servers the prices are low.

    A slot is useless from the great vault? So like it is now. You are just switching slots. Of course you aren't replacing your legendary with a normal item but with a Domination socket item because with the domination shard it is better for that slot then the legendary. Because the legendary can go in another slot that doesn't have a better option.

    You can only equip one legendary at a time so future crafts are not all that important. It only delays it by 3 weeks as that is all it takes to get enough soul ash for ranks 4-6 (5 and 6 only require soul cinders) if you clear all 12 layers of Torghast twice a week. It won't cost 150k for a rank 4 on most servers. Even then you can just craft a rank 1 since the legendary effect is equal to that of a rank 4. Stats are the only thing that change. There really is no big issue with the way the system is set up.
    You are missing my point. I am not only complaining about having to swap due to dom sockets. I am in general complaining that I cannot swap the slot of my legendary item.

    "You can only equip one legendary at a time so future crafts are not all that important." I am just not agreeing with this. I don't want to spend weeks. regrinding soul ash for the same power on a different slot. That is my complaint. I would rather have multiple legendaries (for some classes raid and m+ legendary are different, so it actually matters - especially when you put pvp into the mix).

    Also, you don't know the cost of the new base item, and on my server some rank 4 pieces cost 150k on launch. Don't you need 15k soul ash to get from R1 to R6, I don't see how that is done within 3 weeks. Please enlighten me.

  15. #515
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    Not every raid drop will be a definite upgrade over a legendary. Or do you mean like rank 1?
    Same thing can happen if you have a low rank legendary in the proper slot - that too can have upgrades in the raid. What then?
    In none of those cases I'm screwed. I just work my way towards the new rank. I'd do that anyway to be properly geared to step into the raid. If you can't make the effort - tough luck, but I cant feel symapthetic.
    Literally any item in leggo slot with dumbination gem is something you will want to (and CAN) wear, but you can't JUST wear it. You'll have to pay

    Unless
    - you never had leggo
    - you are in lucky spec/leggo combo
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

    NextUI for XIV


  16. #516
    Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    You are missing my point. I am not only complaining about having to swap due to dom sockets. I am in general complaining that I cannot swap the slot of my legendary item.
    You can just for a minor fee. Also if you'd rather have multiple legendaries then equip one of those. Problem is fixed right? You can't complain about wanting to min/max your character while at the same time putting value on items that won't be used while min/maxing. It takes 3 weeks of Torghast to get a rank 4 legendary. You have more then enough time and Soul Ash to get rank 4 legendaries. It takes 2 to 3 weeks for soul cinders to get ranks 5 or 6. So you'll get the soul ash as a by product of getting soul cinders.

    And you don't need previous ranks to craft the next rank. It adjust soul ash. So there is literally no issue and everything you keep saying are self imposed restrictions just so you can call the system bad.

    Also, you don't know the cost of the new base item, and on my server some rank 4 pieces cost 150k on launch. Don't you need 15k soul ash to get from R1 to R6, I don't see how that is done within 3 weeks. Please enlighten me.
    150k on launch is not the same as 7 months later. You only need around 5.5k soul ash to get ranks 4, 5, or 6. 5 and 6 only require soul cinders and no additional soul ash. The only use for soul ash is to craft ranks 1 to 4. For someone that is complaining about a system you don't seem to know anything about how it actually works or current prices. Weird right? Do you even play the game currently?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  17. #517
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Literally any item in leggo slot with dumbination gem is something you will want to (and CAN) wear, but you can't JUST wear it. You'll have to pay

    Unless
    - you never had leggo
    - you are in lucky spec/leggo combo
    No, that's factually wrong. You can wear it, nothing is stopping you.
    You will also want to (and will be able to) wear higher rank legendaries.
    Should I feel bad for you because you can't make the effort to upgrade your legendary ASAP and instead chose to wait for the prices of base items to drop? If you can purposefully gimp yourself by not upgrading legendaries, you can well enough gimp yourself by not wearing dom sockets in the first weeks. Can't see a difference.

  18. #518
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    No, that's factually wrong. You can wear it, nothing is stopping you.
    You will also want to (and will be able to) wear higher rank legendaries.
    Should I feel bad for you because you can't make the effort to upgrade your legendary ASAP and instead chose to wait for the prices of base items to drop? If you can purposefully gimp yourself by not upgrading legendaries, you can well enough gimp yourself by not wearing dom sockets in the first weeks. Can't see a difference.
    Nobody cares what you can technically do, thats like saying you can wear clothes while being warrior.

    So its absolutely irrelevant.
    What is relevant is that you just got upgrade which you can't wear unless you pay effort + gold.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

    NextUI for XIV


  19. #519
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Nobody cares what you can technically do, thats like saying you can wear clothes while being warrior.

    So its absolutely irrelevant.
    What is relevant is that you just got upgrade which you can't wear unless you pay effort + gold.
    Again, untrue. You can wear it.
    You click the item you got, then you click the slot it belongs to and voila - you're wearing it.
    Last edited by Rageonit; 2021-06-30 at 09:23 PM.

  20. #520
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    Again, untrue. You can wear it.
    You click the item you got, then you click the slot it belongs to and voila - you're wearing it.
    Cool, and your leggo goes to bag = badly designed system.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

    NextUI for XIV


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •