Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    a) That's like saying me growing my own tomatoes and carrots to eat is costing me money, because I could have sold them. It doesn't work like that.

b) Making new slots, and increasing the ability to gain them in future, is indeed planning ahead.

c) Don't spend it, then, if you don't want to.

d) Thanks for proving my point, that you just want to be outraged over every little thing that Blizzard does. Easiest ignore I've ever done.
    a) it's literally basic economics. Just because you didn't buy the mats on the AH doesn't mean they were free. You spent time on them. Sure, your time might be worth very little, but it's definitely not free

b) No, it's not planning ahead. It's "fixing" mistakes as they make them.

c) not an option

d) I don't want to be outraged. I just also won't defend dumb ass decisions.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

The rest of your post isn't worth responding to, I'll just address these two things.

a) Legendary costs are absolutely free of charge (outside of vendor mats). You choose to buy them off the AH, so that's on you. Personally I have a druid that I mine/skin on for maybe 2 hours a week, and that's gotten me everything I'd ever need. There's an argument to be made, certainly, about having to grind for things. But that's WoW. You can do it, or you can pay to skip it. Blizzard isn't forcing you to do shit.
    There's NO way that farming leather for 2 hours a week makes you enough leather/hides to level even a single leather/mail recipe to rank 4 in any reasonable amount of time, if you don't spend tons of money on the AH in addition to that.

b) Again, nobody is forcing you to do anything. The ones who say Blizzard "didn't plan ahead" are just looking for excuses as to their own problems. Increasing soul ash generation from Torghast is the definition of planning ahead. It's a non-factor. As for being necessary or not... Nothing Blizzard does is 'necessary' - that is such a weird argument.
    Increasing Soul Ash amounts it not the definition of planning ahead, on the contrary. It's more like "oh shit this kinda sucks, we need to find a quick fix so it's not quite as bad". Planning ahead would have been not having legendaries on slots where you know will be other systems in 9.1 or 9.2. Or informing players in advance which slots are less desirable for legendaries. Or just not design a new system that directly interferes with an existing system.

Quote Originally Posted by Roanda View Post
    I did my research and you are right...BUT...we wont receive the same amount of soul ash on subsequent runs as we receive in the first run.
    How much is not yet known.

Knowing Blizzard...i bet you will receice...humm...let me calculate for a bit how much Blizzard is Blizzard...humm...i bet we will receive -50% soul ash on repeat floors.
    Place your bets.

I do have 2 max level characters with layer 8 unlocked...that might come in handy considering we can send to other chars.
    It's a 50% increase in Soul Ash on your first run of the week. Repeat runs give you 20% of the current amount, allowing you to farm to your heart's content. On top of sending it between charaters.

Quote Originally Posted by neescher View Post
    There's NO way that farming leather for 2 hours a week makes you enough leather/hides to level even a single leather/mail recipe to rank 4 in any reasonable amount of time, if you don't spend tons of money on the AH in addition to that.
    I craft the ones I need. I don't craft every single one of them. Any alt I make takes skinning/mining while I level it, specifically to funnel even more mats to my crafters. Also that's the farming I do now. Back at the start of Shadowlands, I was definitely doing it for longer, and also back when there were better spots. So far I haven't spent anything on my legendaries. In fact, I've made rather hefty profits from selling ones I didn't use (which, by the way, is much more than the mats themselves sell for).

Somewhat hilariously, only one of the slots (double keg for BRM) I put any of my current ones in, are going to need recrafting. Because I didn't care to absolutely minmax my secondaries. Woopty doo I lose less than 0.5% dps/healing, the horror.
    Last edited by Ryzeth; 2021-06-24 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    You do know that you can make a new legendary rank 5/6 right away without doing rank 4 before?
    How is that mutually exclusive to anything that I have said? =)

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    I told you guys 1 week after release that Blizz will force you back to TG and force you to craft new leggos in the next patch I say it again: this will happen again in the next patch, if there is one.
    Yup. Which is why legendaries shouldn't have different slots you can craft them in in the first place. All legendaries should go into the same slot (like... the old totem/relic/libram slot) or few slots, then they can put tier sets and Domination Shards and whatever else in the slots without legendaries.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

a) That's like saying me growing my own tomatoes and carrots to eat is costing me money, because I could have sold them. It doesn't work like that.
    That's literally the dumbest thing I ever heard. You might want to google "opportunity cost", before trying to lecture others on economics

It's a 50% increase in Soul Ash on your first run of the week. Repeat runs give you 20% of the current amount, allowing you to farm to your heart's content. On top of sending it between charaters.
    Did you just tell me subsequent runs will give -80%?

My guess was -50%.....it seems like i underestimated the God of Timagates...Blizzard

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/legenda...writers-322953

Having to recraft legendaries in new slots because of the new powerful domination items, how is there not more outrage about this
    oops I misread a wowhead article. disregard this post
    Last edited by MrLachyG; 2021-06-24 at 08:34 AM. Reason: me an eediot

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    you clearly don't know how the system works. you get to place 3 shards. there are 5 items that you can place shards in; Helm, Shoulders, Chests for everyone then the final 2 depends on your class type. Cloth is Bracers and Belt, Leather Gloves and Boots, Mail Belt and Boots and Place Bracers and Gloves.

so no, you DO NOT NEED TO RE-CRAFT YOUR LEGENDARY ITEMS!
    Wrong. Have you even read the post he linked? You need 3 gems for the set bonus, but you can still socket 5 for the individual bonuses

you clearly don't know how the system works. you get to place 3 shards. there are 5 items that you can place shards in; Helm, Shoulders, Chests for everyone then the final 2 depends on your class type. Cloth is Bracers and Belt, Leather Gloves and Boots, Mail Belt and Boots and Place Bracers and Gloves.

Imagine being this wrong but also so confident that you're right. You'll be using all 5 Domination slots. It's really that simple. 3 of the best color (currently looking to be Unholy apparently) and then the 2 DPS gems of the other colors.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/legenda...writers-322953

Having to recraft legendaries in new slots because of the new powerful domination items, how is there not more outrage about this
    There's gonna be a shitstorm once the average wow player realize they have to spam Torghast and spend gold to craft the same legendary that they already made before

Did you just tell me subsequent runs will give -80%?

My guess was -50%.....it seems like i underestimated the God of Timagates...Blizzard
    Every run after the first gives you like 150 Soul Ash on Layer 8.

Now, Torghast is quicker, but it hardly is relevant.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay but if your legendary is in a Shoulder slot then you pretty much have to re-craft your Legendary or you won't be able to use all the available Domination gem slots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good news is that you can get the soul ash needed in a single week now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Imagine being this wrong but also so confident that you're right. You'll be using all 5 Domination slots. It's really that simple. 3 of the best color (currently looking to be Unholy apparently) and then the 2 DPS gems of the other colors.
    The guy probably doesn't even play the game. People who haven't played the game for 5 years love to come to this forum to "counter" active players every time the criticize the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Good news is that you can get the soul ash needed in a single week now.
    Some are telling me subsequent Torghast runs will give -80% soul ash
    Dude...i want to post a meme image so bad
    Ugh
    But i cant...or ill be banned.

sadge

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Okay but if your legendary is in a Shoulder slot then you pretty much have to re-craft your Legendary or you won't be able to use all the available Domination gem slots.
    No, you have 5 possible items per character. If your legendary is in a shoulder slot, then you have Helm/Chest available for everyone, as well as 2 additional choice depending on armor type.

You will not "have" to craft a new legendary unless you are part of the world first race, and you have stupid bad RNG with the raid drops.

Quote Originally Posted by neescher View Post
    How is that mutually exclusive to anything that I have said? =)
    Well then I don't understand your problem. In 9.1 rank 4 legendaries become "useless" as any other gear from 9.0 since you will be replacing every single piece of gear eventually. You are going to make a rank 5/6 legendary anyway and it doesn't matter which slot you make it since you don't have to make r4 before doing so. Rest of your post was sunk cost fallacy so I didn't mention it.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    The guy probably doesn't even play the game. People who haven't played the game for 5 years love to come to this forum to "counter" active players every time the criticize the game.
    I do play the game actually, I misread another wowhead article

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    yeah I misread another wowhead article about shards. oops.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Well then I don't understand your problem. In 9.1 rank 4 legendaries become "useless" as any other gear from 9.0 since you will be replacing every single piece of gear eventually. You are going to make a rank 5/6 legendary anyway and it doesn't matter which slot you make it since you don't have to make r4 before doing so. Rest of your post was sunk cost fallacy so I didn't mention it.
    Unless you're crafting for a slot with a socket, in which case you do have to make it before 9.1 so you can socket it. Sure, you can just do R1 instead of R4, but that's still gold spent that wouldn't need to be spent if Blizzard planned ahead.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Some are telling me subsequent Torghast runs will give -80% soul ash
    Dude...i want to post a meme image so bad
    Ugh
    But i cant...or ill be banned.

sadge
    It's 80% reduced per character. Keep in mind that you can transfer soul ash between characters. You also get 2060 soul ash for a layer 12 clear. If you have 3 characters, that's enough ash for 1 legendary per week on 1 character.