Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/legenda...writers-322953

Having to recraft legendaries in new slots because of the new powerful domination items, how is there not more outrage about this
    I don't feel forced. WoW has so many options, you don't need to min/max to play. If you feel you do, go find another guild to play with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Spoiler alert: the legendarys having that optional extra makes it mandatory to do any high end content.

SL is already so low, why kick it when it’s down? Why not give refunds for legendarys? Or offer the ability to add the slots into currently crafted items? Etc

This change is not fun and doesn’t have fun of the players in mind, it has a month of choreghast as mandatory, which will automatically turn some players off as choreghast is awful content.

Blizz should allow multiple ways to get soul ash. Everything from dailies, to mythic+, to raid boss kills, etc

This system isn’t FUN and that’s the bottom line
    First, the ability to add socket may be a 9.1.5 addition depending on player outcry.
    Second, you're already going to be doing Torghast for soul cinders AND soul ash amounts are buffed in 9.1 that renders the soul ash cost to be negligible.
    Third, you are getting multiple ways to get Soul Cinders. It's likely that as we progress in SL patches that more methods of acquiring soul ash/cinders will be added. Just look at Legion as a example on the wakening essences that were added to later legion patches.
    Fourth, Blizzard adds systems and iterates on them over the course of entire expansion. Maybe it's to pad sub numbers or maybe they don't think it's a big enough deal to add in extra systems until enough of the population complains. But historically speaking, it does get easier later in the expansion cycle.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    They could do this, I wouldn't care either way. I also don't really think it is that much of a problem, again it will be something that affects a tiny % of the population for a tiny% of time.
    as a mythic raider, recrafting a legendary is an inconvenience and no more. i swim in gold and if i have to farm soul ash illl farm soul ash. i don't really care.

now, my casual buddy who recently got into m+ and is proud he finally managed to do all +10 dungeons doesn't have 100k gold lying around to just recraft stuff, but since he is doing content challenging for him he does care about losing out on power gains, and he probably cares about perceived judgement from m+ pugs for "doing it wrong" even more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    now, my casual buddy who recently got into m+ and is proud he finally managed to do all +10 dungeons doesn't have 100k gold lying around to just recraft stuff, but since he is doing content challenging for him he does care about losing out on power gains, and he probably cares about perceived judgement from m+ pugs for "doing it wrong" even more than that.
    But if he wants to craft rank 5 of the legendary, he won't have to pay a single copper more. He still needs to buy the rank 5 base item, whether he chooses to upgrade OR to simply craft a new one, for a different slot. There's no added cost here (other than soul ash, which he will acquire anyway while acquiring soul cinders he needs for the new rank).

EDIT: Ah true, the missives. But, like stated below, it's not a huge cost.
    Last edited by Rageonit; 2021-06-24 at 04:15 PM.

as a mythic raider, recrafting a legendary is an inconvenience and no more. i swim in gold and if i have to farm soul ash illl farm soul ash. i don't really care.
    You also have to remember all the new buffed dropped rate soul ash you will be swimming in getting soul cinders next patch.

? He would either way have to buy/craft the R5 to upgrade new patch, which means he can just get the new slot R5 base and directly craft it instead of upgrading his current lego, costing him the 2 missives which is like a few hundred gold at most.

Also if he is barely managing to complete 10s I seriously doubt he is completing a lot of heroic bosses in the first 2 weeks of the raid, which means he won't even have a dominion socket/legendary slot issue for a while, meaning it is completely meaningless problem for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    But if he wants to craft rank 5 of the legendary, he won't have to pay a single copper more. He still needs to buy the rank 5 base item, whether he chooses to upgrade OR to simply craft a new one, for a different slot. There's no added cost here.
    yeah that's true. guess it'll mostly blow over then.

still pretty stupid move by blizz, can't wait for them to explain how it's technically super difficult to add these sockets to legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post

So you craft a rank 4 piece and add a vestige during the crafting to make a rank 6 base piece..

I'm going to be honest here. I didn't pursue legendaries this expansion. From what I keep reading on multiple forums it seems like this is a good thing. I feel really bad for the other players and I would not be surprised if this does not go down well. Some people are already being vocal about it. I just wouldn't be surprised if more players complain if they actually come back for patch. I was never supportive of the idea of legendaries binded to covenants, when I first heard it and was vocal about it with other players. (Not sure if there is an update and they made an attempt to listen to players there..)

On a sidenote since I didn't pursue legendaries this expansion. It means Torghast is completely useless to me and as a result I have spent barely any time there. I keep asking them to add other obtainable rewards there. Stygia seemed pretty useless what I recall too. Soultwinning Scepter seemed like a kinda fun item, but since it is limited where it can be used it seems useless. Most of the items for that currency is useless. I wouldn't mind having other rewards for this currency too...been saying that the past couple of months.. even if it's small. Compared to Torghast where I am less understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Did I seriously see 3% damage increase with nearly 100% uptime being called "garbage"? That's the usual hotfix aura buff, except in a gem sized package, for anyone to use. A free vantus rune, available all the time. Damn, I guess someone has incredibly expensive "garbage" in their area.
    they are likely an lfr hero

Spoiler alert: the legendarys having that optional extra makes it mandatory to do any high end content.

SL is already so low, why kick it when it’s down? Why not give refunds for legendarys? Or offer the ability to add the slots into currently crafted items? Etc

This change is not fun and doesn’t have fun of the players in mind, it has a month of choreghast as mandatory, which will automatically turn some players off as choreghast is awful content.

Blizz should allow multiple ways to get soul ash. Everything from dailies, to mythic+, to raid boss kills, etc

This system isn’t FUN and that’s the bottom line
    Why are you convinced that your *opinion* is fact and should be shared by everyone? The only reason to want ash from dailies or whatever is because you want to put even less effort compared to others to get the same rewards. Torg is already nearly effortless and if you're unwilling to put forth that miniscule amount of effort in order to do "competitive" content, groups *should* be unwilling to take you with them.

I'm guessing approximately 73,8% of people who are vehemently complaining about this won't even have enough domination socket gear for this to matter until the last LFR wing opens 2 months into the patch.

Quote Originally Posted by apustus View Post
    I'm guessing approximately 73,8% of people who are vehemently complaining about this won't even have enough domination socket gear for this to matter until the last LFR wing opens 2 months into the patch.
    Where's the argument?

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Honestly I think this is one of those things that fall under 'minor annoyance' but people blow it way out of proportion because that's how people work.
    If this was a one time thing, I would agree. But Blizzard keeps doing that. Minor annoyance after minor annoyance, for literally no reason at all. There is NO reason why they would do it like that, other than to annoy customers. Nobody asked for this.

And what about those of us NOT lucky enough to have legendary's in convenient slots like rings? We will have to recraft if we want to raid any meaningful content like mythic raids.

it is a bad system my dude, and people are blowing it out of proportion because nearly everything SL has done has been incompetent, half ass, or just poorly designed.

If SL was made by an even 1/4 competent group of devs, this not only wouldn't have happened at all, but it would be a non issue because the rest of the game would be in such great shape
    I never disagreed it's a bad system. You argued that all of the legendaries listed by wowhead have to be recrafted, because you didn't understand what was actually written there and just started raging because it's just what you love to do. I'm glad you now understand your mistake and that I made you understand the situation better. You're welcome.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

It is now page 11, still people are defending it without providing a single reason why this is a good thing. Everyone defending this is just saying "it's not THAT bad" or "doesn't affect me, so I don't care and therefore you too shouldn't care". Name a real reason, why having a system like this is GOOD.

Quote Originally Posted by Yas-Queen Rochana View Post
    Dude, stop. There is only one fact that needs to be acknowledged here: "FFXIV being better than WoW" has turned into the hottest meme in the WoW and FF communities over the past few weeks. This is massive negative reputation loss for Blizzard and massive free marketing for FF.

I don't care to go into the nitty gritty details, I'm also not a 'WoW-hater' and I'm still playing and looking forward to 9.1, but it is just a fact at this moment that WoW is suffering a huge image loss and that on almost every social media platform and by almost every WoW streamer viewers are nearly actively being encouraged to quit WoW and go play FF instead. It's really really bad for Blizzard what is going on right now and at this point it wouldn't surprised me some notable people at Blizzard are going to end up 'quitting' or getting fired.
    THe game is still massively profitable.Blizzard does nto give a damn about FF in that regard. Nobody is getting fired and you are just being ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by neescher View Post
    It is now page 11, still people are defending it without providing a single reason why this is a good thing. Everyone defending this is just saying "it's not THAT bad" or "doesn't affect me, so I don't care and therefore you too shouldn't care". Name a real reason, why having a system like this is GOOD.
    It isn't.

But people just have this compulsion to defend whatever Blizzard does I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    It isn't.

But people just have this compulsion to defend whatever Blizzard does I guess.
    More like point out when people make bad faith arguments. People were stating this like you have to spend 100k re-craft R1-4 on your legendaries, when you don't, you can make a new R5.

Is it silly that blizzard didn't introduce a method to "reforge" legendaries with this patch, sure, but don't act they are making you spend 100k+ of gold to make new ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

This is ultimately a "problem" for serious min-maxers and people who believe themselves to be serious min-maxers. If it drives some of them towards another game, all the better.

They came so close to fixing this issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    More like point out when people make bad faith arguments. People were stating this like you have to spend 100k re-craft R1-4 on your legendaries, when you don't, you can make a new R5.

Is it silly that blizzard didn't introduce a method to "reforge" legendaries with this patch, sure, but don't act they are making you spend 100k+ of gold to make new ones.
    A new R5.. for which you're gonna have to pay 100k+ in materials since it requires the materials of rank 4 + 40 Korthite Crystals.

Quote Originally Posted by Antontein View Post
    Dude, keep the toxic garbage in your head and do not spread it to us.
    How is linking a Wowhead article nearly as toxic as what Blizzard already does to their players? These people...