Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Roanda View Post
    Im just malding over the -80% Soul Ash on subsequent Torghast runs...
    Blizzard: You can farm soul ashe endlessly! Yayyyyy
    disclaimer: at 80% reduced speed

Blizzard is so loving and caring
    Now i just need to do 10 Torghast runs to make as much as i did on both the first runs <3 i love you blizzard <3
    You get 100% more soul ash from your torghast runs.. You literally need only 4 runs to craft a r4 legendary on a fresh alt. This is done in 2 days.. For what do you need to grind torghast endlessly?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    Because 1. you are not forced.
    Do you have a full set of BIS gear in season 1?
    If so, then you will expect to have to retool your gear in season 2.
    and
    2. what else are you going to do with your soul ash?

This is actually a good decision for the game. Its clear that the legendary system has some flaws, and them pushing players to craft even more legendaries when players haven't thought about them in months helps everyone, especially those doing the crafting of the white items.

You also do not have to worry about this immediately.
    By the time you would have collected 3 domination slots and your bonus slot, you would have plenty of soul ash.

Don't forget, the changes to Torghast come this week, where as Mythic raid doesn't open for another 2 after it.
    Crafting a legendary on my realm is half a token worth of gold. For a lot of players, that's a lot. Not to mention this could have been easily avoided....

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Doesn't fresh crafted white items in 9.1 come with socket? It means upgrading to 5/6 = legendary piece with socket.
    Yes, upgrading your legendaries or crafting new ones in 9.1 gives them a socket if they are in a "socket slot"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Problem doesn't exist:

Leggos get new ranks > new ranks require new currency called cinders > you purchase the rank 5 legendary piece of your choice with no socket interference > you can craft a rank 5 without first crafting rank 1,2,3,4 as long as you have the new currency > no downside.
    This is exactly what I've been talking about √
    But people are too incompetent to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    You get 100% more soul ash from your torghast runs.. You literally need only 4 runs to craft a r4 legendary on a fresh alt. This is done in 2 days.. For what do you need to grind torghast endlessly?
    Rank 4 is 5,150 Soul Ash

I want to make legendaries to unlock new playstyles. (tank and DPS)
    When Blizzard tells you can farm Soul Ash endlessly...ok...but im not farming at 80% reduced speed.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Just how hard is to understand that this problem is very much real because

you could just LEAVE THE DAMNED LEGGO alone only if there would be no overlap with new socket system.

And funny part is that this hits waaaay harder casual players than tryhards.

Because your average joe wouldn't be spending any gold on upgrading leggos, they would be fine with what they have.

Now scenarios:

Average joe goes normal raid, gets a new piece of gear that is the same slot as his leggo ->
    A. Spend gold (at the beginning those will be damn expensive) to recraft legendary
    B. Keep the new piece in bags hoping prices will go down (because leggo is still more powerful unless blizzard "balances" it)

And now imagine if this new piece would be his 3rd one to complete the bonus
    Again, if you care about being min max and you are really that mad over being unable to use a gem that increases your damage by 1.5% in what world are you not also min max enough to upgrade your legendaries.

You are creating this idea of the playerbase that is illogical and does not exist.
    Players that care an extreme amount about damage, to the point 1.5% is game breaking, but at the same time do not care about damage given by upgrading their legendary.

- - - Updated - - -

Rank 4 is 5,150 Soul Ash

When Blizzard tells you can farm Soul Ash endlessly...ok...but im not farming at 80% reduced speed.
    It's technically more like 60%
    Cause they also increased the amount gained baseline by 50%
    But u less you literally want all your legendaries right away, you don't need to farm it, just do the weeklies.

Rank 4 is 5,150 Soul Ash

And you haven't made those legendaries by now? You had over 7 months...

Quote Originally Posted by Sorshen View Post
    Ok, I will quote you not know what the fuck you're talking about.

Sums up your 'arguments'.
    Yeah, it's literally only a 1.5% damage increase MAX as you have to keep the buff up, which takes a few bits and if you stop you have to reapply it. So it will end up being a tiny bit less but.

It's only a 1.5% damage increase, so I am not going to be too worried about it. If it drops I will use it, if it does not I won't care, I will be crafting a new legendary at rank 5 of 6, which means it literally costs me nothing it wouldn't have cost me to just upgrade my current one, especially as I'm at 10k soul ash right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    And you haven't made those legendaries by now? You had over 7 months...
    I have like...a lot vast majority VERY weak (190 ilvl)

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So you wouldn't upgrade your legendary to rank 5? That means this is even less of an issue because you don't care about your characters power so getting a shard of domination wouldn't impact your legendary.
    Another joke. Not a funny one. Read scenario again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Again, if you care about being min max and you are really that mad over being unable to use a gem that increases your damage by 1.5% in what world are you not also min max enough to upgrade your legendaries.

You are creating this idea of the playerbase that is illogical and does not exist.
    Players that care an extreme amount about damage, to the point 1.5% is game breaking, but at the same time do not care about damage given by upgrading their legendary.

- - - Updated - - -

It's technically more like 60%
    Cause they also increased the amount gained baseline by 50%
    But u less you literally want all your legendaries right away, you don't need to farm it, just do the weeklies.
    Dude please, stop, get some help.

You are telling people to not use massive upgrades when they drop or cash out 100k+ gold in order to do so.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Yes, upgrading your legendaries or crafting new ones in 9.1 gives them a socket if they are in a "socket slot"

- - - Updated - - -

This is exactly what I've been talking about √
    But people are too incompetent to understand.
    The actual problem is people don't enjoy torghast and just want to ignore it as content.

Blizzard needs to stop parading their failures around by giving them unique currencies and let them live or die by their own merits.

Another joke. Not a funny one. Read scenario again.

- - - Updated - - -

Dude please, stop, get some help.

You are telling people to not use massive upgrades when they drop or cash out 100k+ gold in order to do so.
    They are not "massive upgrades" by that logic literally every slot has "massive upgrades" so you literally can't even wear a legendary, because every slot has BIS gear.

They are not "massive upgrades" by that logic literally every slot has "massive upgrades" so you literally can't even wear a legendary, because every slot has BIS gear.
    Sure dude because +20 ilvl on top of magic socket is not massive upgrade. Honestly how can people even defend this garbage system is beyond me.

How about you remove every item you get in patch 9.1?
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by Dzonathan View Post
    Which ones? Domination or regular gems?
    Regular.

/1socket

Sure dude because +20 ilvl on top of magic socket is not massive upgrade. Honestly how can people even defend this garbage system is beyond me.

How about you remove every item you get in patch 9.1?
    It by definition is not if it forces you to unequip your legendary. That's no different than now choosing the legendary helmet, making a 190, and getting a "massive upgrade" from heroic Nath (in your words) helmet that you can't use......because you know legendary.

And then you run into the same problem of having to upgrade...or recraft.

It's an annoying feature, but honestly it's not worth the garment rending levels of frustration and outrage you're letting steal hours of your day. And if you have any alts I'm just going with my plan of doing my weekly run and funneling all the ash to one character. If I'm wrong about that then I'm still only mildly more annoyed.

Unless you're the world's luckiest player who gets full heroic Sanctum gear the first week you're going to be at worst mildly inconvenience by having to farm some extra soul ash and just craft the legendary at rank 5 or 6 outright. You'll still have to buy the piece like always. It's literally just extra soul ash.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2021-06-25 at 10:58 PM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    It by definition is not if it forces you to unequip your legendary. That's no different than now choosing the legendary helmet, making a 190, and getting a "massive upgrade" from heroic Nath (in your words) helmet that you can't use......because you know legendary.

And then you run into the same problem of having to upgrade...or recraft.

It's an annoying feature, but honestly it's not worth the garment rending levels of frustration and outrage you're letting steal hours of your day. And if you have any alts I'm just going with my plan of doing my weekly run and funneling all the ash to one character. If I'm wrong about that then I'm still only mildly more annoyed.

Unless you're the world's luckiest player who gets full heroic Sanctum gear the first week you're going to be at worst mildly inconvenience by having to farm some extra soul ash and just craft the legendary at rank 5 or 6 outright. You'll still have to buy the piece like always. It's literally just extra soul ash.
    So you are ok with garbage implementation because it "could be worse".

"its literally just 100k gold per leggo"
    "its literally just some soul ash"

You don't need to be world unluckiest player to get a piece that happens to be in same slot as legendary. It doesn't have to be full set, just one is a problem because you can't equip it until you cash out.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

15+ Year Old Account
    You don't need to be world unluckiest player to get a piece that happens to be in same slot as legendary. It doesn't have to be full set, just one is a problem because you can't equip it until you cash out.
    But it is a non issue because the legendary will be upgraded to new ranks. Which require a new base item that you will be paying for regardless if you change slots or not. So by making use of the new legendary ranks you can move to a new slot with little added cost. It isn't a garbage implementation. The system only has a minor inconvenience for sharing slots with the domination system.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

But it is a non issue because the legendary will be upgraded to new ranks. Which require a new base item that you will be paying for regardless if you change slots or not. So by making use of the new legendary ranks you can move to a new slot with little added cost. It isn't a garbage implementation. The system only has a minor inconvenience for sharing slots with the domination system.
    Or you could just leave the leggo alone if system wouldn't be so garbage, get new rank once its not horribly overpriced and you get the money.

Until then you can bank the new piece you got.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

15+ Year Old Account
    Or you could just leave the leggo alone if system wouldn't be so garbage, get new rank once its not horribly overpriced and you get the money.Until then you can bank the new piece you got.
    You just indicated that your argument is over nothing. Because you can just use a rank 1 legendary if you get lucky with a domination drop. If you are waiting to upgrade to rank 5 anyways then changing slots is a non issue.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2021-06-25 at 11:42 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

You just indicated that your argument is over nothing. Because you can just use a rank 1 legendary if you get lucky with a domination drop. If you are waiting to upgrade to rank 5 anyways then changing slots is a non issue.
    You can just downgrade your gear you paid 100k for (still goes for 50k) because the system is garbage

How about blizzard starts to think before designing crap like that?
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

"its literally just 100k gold per leggo"
    what backwater dust bowl server are you on if legendary base items are 100k each?

i mean i know you can't control your server's economy, but seriously... is there any server now where any 235 item is at 100k outside of random jackasses trying to price gouge?

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    Seems more like the shilling is the real toxic garbage. It prevents the game from improving and gives cover for bad decisions.
    Or cover for everything being labelled a bad decision even when it's not by people too jaded to, well, not be jaded about Blizzard's very existence.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.