15+ Year Old Account

Resto shaman healing spell downranking

I’ve heard mixed reports on this.

I’m 70, 1824 +healing unbuffed, around 2k with raid buffs. 340 regen unbuffed

Should I be downranking spells or did they apply a penalty so it’s pointless?

If I use max rank spells on most fights I go OOM extremely fast. Should we be doing it? How many ranks down is good to go?

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Try this site.

https://www.wowdownrank.com/tbc#

Basically tells you what's the most efficient rank of your spells based on your +heal / crit / haste.

You have to use the following spells:

Healing Wave:

Rank 12 for maximum healing per second. Most of the time you will be using this with Nature Swiftness to top someone who has taken a heavy hit and is 10% hp.

Rank 10 for moderate damage

Rank 7 or Rank 5 for low damage that you have under control

With 2k healing most mana efficient is Healing Wave Rank 5 but it comes at the cost of having low healing per second, so you have to balance those things out... in general the lower rank the more mana efficient it is (never go under rank 5).

The point of downranking is to reduce overhealing too, so you dont use Healing Wave Rank 12 to heal 2k damage... you top that guy using Rank 5.

Lesser Healing Wave:

In my opinion Rank 7 is the point... emergency heal so you want to heal the maximum amount.

Chain Heal:

Rank 5 to maximize healing per second... when heavy damage comes and raid is going to die you use rank 5.

Rank 3 or Rank 4 to heal moderate damage

Rank 2 your spammable heal when there are 2 or more guys that need heals in a low damage situation.

So, bottom line:

When there is low damage going on and its predictable you cast Chain heal rank 2 and healing wave rank 5 or rank 7

When there is high damage going on and its spikey you cast healing wave rank 10 and chain heal rank 4 or even rank 5 if the raid is dying
    Last edited by RobertoLarcos; 2021-07-04 at 02:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kralljin, thanks for that site.
    Roberto, thank you for that thorough write up - it’s fantastic

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoLarcos View Post
    You have to use the following spells:

Healing Wave:

Rank 12 for maximum healing per second. Most of the time you will be using this with Nature Swiftness to top someone who has taken a heavy hit and is 10% hp.

Rank 10 for moderate damage

Rank 7 or Rank 5 for low damage that you have under control

With 2k healing most mana efficient is Healing Wave Rank 5 but it comes at the cost of having low healing per second, so you have to balance those things out... in general the lower rank the more mana efficient it is (never go under rank 5).

The point of downranking is to reduce overhealing too, so you dont use Healing Wave Rank 12 to heal 2k damage... you top that guy using Rank 5.

Lesser Healing Wave:

In my opinion Rank 7 is the point... emergency heal so you want to heal the maximum amount.

Chain Heal:

Rank 5 to maximize healing per second... when heavy damage comes and raid is going to die you use rank 5.

Rank 3 or Rank 4 to heal moderate damage

Rank 2 your spammable heal when there are 2 or more guys that need heals in a low damage situation.

So, bottom line:

When there is low damage going on and its predictable you cast Chain heal rank 2 and healing wave rank 5 or rank 7

When there is high damage going on and its spikey you cast healing wave rank 10 and chain heal rank 4 or even rank 5 if the raid is dying
    An extremely detailed response - thank you!

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE