View Poll Results: will you resub for 9.1?

Voters
495. This poll is closed
  • yes

152 30.71%
  • no

343 69.29%
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I quit in early WoD, came back at the very end of Legion (I think during pre-patch for BfA) and discovered that the guild had died. Messed around in BfA until my sub ran out. I don't think there's anything that is going to get me to sub any more. I'm too old and have too little free time to look for a raiding guild that suits my needs.
    I do enjoy watching the world 1st race and such, and that's enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    I'm currently subbed for TBC but when it runs out I won't be resubbing for 9.1. Fuck the renown requirement for flying, can't be arsed with that Pathfinder shit anymore. I'm out until the next expansion.
    Yeah fuck that. 2 hours of my life doing dungeons and raids that I enjoy just to essentially get flying passively without even trying for it. Imma go learn how to watch paint dry instead!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Nope. Just canceled my sub today to really stick it to them, and wrote them a lengthy paragraph as to why. Basically Boreghast, the Maw, class boredom, and PvP not being balanced (Arms, and Ret). But you know have fun in 9.1 running more Boreghast and more Maw.
    Ohh yeah! You tell em about that Boreghast! (quite original and funny name btw) I'm sure it'll be in their next fiscal report how your $14.99 a month is going to bankrupt them now.

I play to play with friends. Do keys and get mogs. When I get bored I unsubscribe and then come back when I'm bored and might have something to do. Nothing wrong with taking a break. Folks complain about time gating and such but then when it's all available and burn through all the content in the first week they complain about nothing to do.

Probably gonna resub because i joined a guild to raid with a while ago and i havent scheduled raided yet in Shadowlands. I don't feel like doing anything else so i probably gonna resub, join a few raid nights, see how it goes and how long i stay motivated. It also depends on how i the daily/weekly chores for the minimum borrowed powers HC raiding requires turn out. When those are unbareable i will unsub again after a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinaul View Post
    Yeah fuck that. 2 hours of my life doing dungeons and raids that I enjoy just to essentially get flying passively without even trying for it. Imma go learn how to watch paint dry instead!
    I did 2 hours of content yesterday and my renown went up from 26 to 28, please tell me more about how I will get to 44 renown in 2 hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    As usual, no option given for "never unsubbed", ya'll reachin' hard.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

- - - Updated - - -

Ohh yeah! You tell em about that Boreghast! (quite original and funny name btw) I'm sure it'll be in their next fiscal report how your $14.99 a month is going to bankrupt them now.

I play to play with friends. Do keys and get mogs. When I get bored I unsubscribe and then come back when I'm bored and might have something to do. Nothing wrong with taking a break. Folks complain about time gating and such but then when it's all available and burn through all the content in the first week they complain about nothing to do.
    That is a ridiculous statement. Let's assume they have been away for awhile, or hell, like me, stopped getting it altogether around 36 because all i do is mythic raid and unless you kill the final boss, you get Z E R O. that went on for months.

To come back and even begin to think of progressing, i'd have to do 5-10 hours of content like Choreghast, M+, LFR that i hate. I'd rather not play than be forced into another season of M+.

I already went through that last season as the mythic guild MT who refuses to do M+ cuz i was over them after legion, and i have no interest in M+ now. No carrot is going to be enough to make that good content to me, hell i enjoyed TBC classic heroics more tbh.

Unless they give you max renown for simply logging in for 9.1, i won't bother. Legion was superior because EVERYTHING you did gave you AP currency. In BFA and SL, you have to do the content THEY want you to do, not what YOU want to do.

You should get a renown for every boss killed in a raid in normal-mythic difficulty, every single boss. You should get one for doing a certain daily quest, you should get one for completing a BG ranked or unranked, same for arena. Literally everything you do should give you the currency needed for SL... instead, they limit where it drops to just a select bit of content that, quite frankly, a LARGE bit of the player base would rather not even do... see this thread.

- - - Updated - - -

I did 2 hours of content yesterday and my renown went up from 26 to 28, please tell me more about how I will get to 44 renown in 2 hours.
    you can't, he's just spreading misinformation. Too much copium.

I stopped at 36 because i can't be bothered with the grind, i wanna do mythic raids not M+, and quite frankly there are not nearly enough ways to get it in game. It should be more like legion AP where everything gives you renown.

Yeah, I've found people generally give dishonest takes about how much time is needed to do stuff. Not sure if it's just basic shilling or merely deluding themselves, either way the actual effort required is almost always much more than their sarcastic little zingers would like to portray.

Weird considering when we changed covenants, in 2 hours you can do 3 if not all 4 wings of LFR and get anywhere between 6-8 and up to 10 renown with some luck.

You guys still dont get it, and this is what most arguments in WoW are based on, what requires the majority of the playerbase <insert value here>, the decent players finish it in 5% or 10% of that, you simply dont know how to do it, whether from lack of experience, or lack of self-confidence in your skills, and evidently in some cases, lack of gear.

Its the same argument, how people wonder how some "rush to max level and do Mythic dungeons the first day" because they simply cant understand that the people that do this, dont go Normal Dungeons and Heroic dungeons, they go leveling gear-->Cleave the shit easy content down.

They dont go "Level for 30 hours (When its doable in 6-8) because i am picking up flowers and mining and i queued for a dungeon and we wiped for 2 hours and finally 1 week later that i am max level, i am gonna go mine more while i queue for Normal and then 30 hours after and 20 normal dungeons after i am gonna queue for Heroic, and 50 hours after i am gonna attempt my first Mythic Dungeon because i am finally 170 ilvl and i am not afraid".

So you have played 110-120 hours in like 2 months and you just entered the part where the decent players did at the 10th hour of their gameplay.
    Last edited by potis; 2021-06-30 at 01:28 PM.

Ah I see, it's clearly my fault for being an inexperienced, meek, unskilled person who doesn't no-life the game.

Ah I see, it's clearly my fault for being an inexperienced, meek, unskilled person who doesn't no-life the game.

Don't spend 1.5 of those hours trolling on forums /trade chat

Don't spend 1.5 of those hours trolling on forums /trade chat
    You didn't answer my earlier question: please tell me more about how I can reach 44 renown in 2 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    That is a ridiculous statement. Let's assume they have been away for awhile, or hell, like me, stopped getting it altogether around 36 because all i do is mythic raid and unless you kill the final boss, you get Z E R O. that went on for months.

To come back and even begin to think of progressing, i'd have to do 5-10 hours of content like Choreghast, M+, LFR that i hate. I'd rather not play than be forced into another season of M+.

I already went through that last season as the mythic guild MT who refuses to do M+ cuz i was over them after legion, and i have no interest in M+ now. No carrot is going to be enough to make that good content to me, hell i enjoyed TBC classic heroics more tbh.

Unless they give you max renown for simply logging in for 9.1, i won't bother. Legion was superior because EVERYTHING you did gave you AP currency. In BFA and SL, you have to do the content THEY want you to do, not what YOU want to do.

You should get a renown for every boss killed in a raid in normal-mythic difficulty, every single boss. You should get one for doing a certain daily quest, you should get one for completing a BG ranked or unranked, same for arena. Literally everything you do should give you the currency needed for SL... instead, they limit where it drops to just a select bit of content that, quite frankly, a LARGE bit of the player base would rather not even do... see this thread.

- - - Updated - - -

you can't, he's just spreading misinformation. Too much copium.

I stopped at 36 because i can't be bothered with the grind, i wanna do mythic raids not M+, and quite frankly there are not nearly enough ways to get it in game. It should be more like legion AP where everything gives you renown.
    Or could read the patch notes where they say they increased the renown gain if you're behind /shrug but sure. Let's just call it misinformation. #FakeNews

Or could read the patch notes where they say they increased the renown gain if you're behind /shrug but sure. Let's just call it misinformation. #FakeNews
    They increased it, but not the ways you obtain it. I’d still have to do LfR or m+ or choreghast. None of which interest me so I’d have to spend 10 hours doing chores before I get to the other chores

That’s bad game design. Let me know when it’s properly designed and you get it in every piece of content like legion AP

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Tell me about it. I did 1000 lapses around Oribos and you know what? I get ZERO Renown. What a shit game.

But seriously, without sarcasm, get your shit together people. There are lot of guides how to increase Renown fast. But I could sum it up in one paragraph. All you need to do is TWO HOURS OF QUESTING (which is covenant campaign - sorry for caps, but seems like you had problem with understanding last time, so I'll try this) AND few raid/dungeon clears. Alternative is checking if today emissary if it award Renown. Of course these is from 9.0, now 1-40 catch up is 2-3 times easier.

To be even more precise, I'll just tell you what I did on my 2nd, 3rd and 4th char. On each whole process took ~15 days, but in about 5-6 hours /played after hiting max level:
    - 4 Renown from leveling
    - 3x2 weekly quests - 6 Renown
    - 3 world bosses - 3 Renown
    - 1 full LFR clear (also for lego recipes) - ~4 Renown
    - 2-3 epic battlegrounds (for lego recipe) - ~1 Renown
    - 5-6 dungeons (always I had other reasons to do that dungeons, didn't farm them for Renown) - ~ 3 Renown
    - covenant campaign - 8 Renown
    - rest from emissary quests, of course did only when I saw Renown as reward <- this can be replaced with spaming dungeons like in BEST WOW EXPAC TBC.

And these are ultra casual things, people doing M+, more raiding or PVP will get it waaay faster (but with more /played).

Btw, it's amazing how people like you brag about "great old WoW" that wasn't casual shit as now, but can't finish simple task in modern WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post

To be even more precise, I'll just tell you what I did on my 2nd, 3rd and 4th char. On each whole process took ~15 days, but in about 5-6 hours /played after hiting max level:
    You arent supposed to give realistic timelines, you are a no-lifer that played 6 hours in a row and you are lying about your 15 days when he can only play 12mins and 20 seconds each week.

Its the same as my post before, he didnt understand its 10 hours played, spread out anywhere, he only stayed at the part of "10 hours", because it suits his argument.

Quote Originally Posted by regardoz View Post
    No
    Reason : The grind is basically crazy and tooo much even for someone who worka 8 hourw especially for people like me who loves pvp mostly.
    If you can’t work 8 hours and find free time to play a video game for a couple hours a week you have bigger problems than worrying about if you’re going to sub or not.

They increased it, but not the ways you obtain it. I’d still have to do LfR or m+ or choreghast. None of which interest me so I’d have to spend 10 hours doing chores before I get to the other chores

That’s bad game design. Let me know when it’s properly designed and you get it in every piece of content like legion AP
    I got to 40 in the last few days just doing the campaign and normal + hc dungeons.

You dont have to do any hard content at all.

Yea, I want to play the new content until I get bored. I have done all that I care for in FF14 (probably should finish the relic quest but Bozja can blow me) and it will be on a 6 month content drought until late November.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    I got to 40 in the last few days just doing the campaign and normal + hc dungeons.

You dont have to do any hard content at all.
    It isn’t about hard content, I was exclusively doing mythic raiding so hard isn’t the question… it’s a question of want

I don’t want to do mythic+ dungeons. Period

I should get renown for every single raid boss I kill, kinda like how legion AP worked

I don’t care about the covenant campaign, it’s awful and tedious, and I don’t want to step foot in lfr or m+

So tell me where are the magical ways to pull renown from other than content I don’t want to do like choreghast, m+, lfr, etc

It isn’t about hard content, I was exclusively doing mythic raiding so hard isn’t the question… it’s a question of want

I don’t want to do mythic+ dungeons. Period

I should get renown for every single raid boss I kill, kinda like how legion AP worked

I don’t care about the covenant campaign, it’s awful and tedious, and I don’t want to step foot in lfr or m+

So tell me where are the magical ways to pull renown from other than content I don’t want to do like choreghast, m+, lfr, etc
    Its intitlement then?

"I should get what i want exactly the way i want it"

no? You shouldnt? The game has, for a long time, been balanced around being optimal by doing several different types of content.

You are going to get to 40 eventually if you raid, and if you have raided in 9.0.5 you will have 40 renown anyway. So there is no problem there.