Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hm. Not gonna celebrate until I see it.

Well... now i am 100% sure i will not buy this book.
    Sad bacause it looked very interesting when they announced it.

Good job spoiling it Ion, not that anyone is surprised.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why no one is gonna ask whybthe fuck the scrapped custumization as a whole as a feature?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Good job spoiling it Ion, not that anyone is surprised.
    So.. its not realy spoiling it then.

What gets me is his "I look forward to people dicussing what is next". Assuming this isnt him just lying to seem like he cares...

Can you really discuss where WoW lore is going? It seems to so HEAVILY rely on unforseen plot twists and sudden reveals that had no build up that I feel like there is very little you can discuss in regards to what's coming.

Quote Originally Posted by classypancakes View Post
    "The problems with Torghast were not easily picked up in the beta because players on the beta were there to simply check out Torghast and didn't have the specific goals in mind that come in a live environment."

Uh-huh...it's the player's fault...sure...
    Quote Originally Posted by Selennah View Post
    There was a lot of feedback about torghast and the twisting corridors in the forums during beta. Many of us who played beta got the mount frorn completing the 8 layers of TC so the context was there... the players were doing what people would do in live servers and we gave lots of feedback.. it was them that didn't read the forums at all, because lots of the bugs that we reported there over and over did make it to the tive version of shadowlands...
    The thing with beta Torghast was...that it was played by the most hardcore players in the game who wanted it to be something that it could never be in a game that wants to cater to more than 1000 people. This is also definitely Blizzard's fault because they didn't add the actual torghast format to the beta until very long in the beta cycle. When Torghast was first added it was this ridiculously long, 100-floor experience with no save points that required you to play 20 hours to get through. People who have time and skills for that loved it, but then when the actual thing was added later on everyone was already done playing it from what I remember and they just disliked the idea of it being so short.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    "what comes next for Sylvanas"

LOL so they finally have the balls to make her an actual villain and refuse to kill her off. Get ready for another 6 years of being pulled by the balls by Sylvanas.
    They literally said you will have to wait to see what happens. How does this sound like a confirmation to people like you that she won't die? Because to me it just sounds like they don't want to tell us yet. "What's next for her after X" does not imply she isn't dead, or imprisoned in some way, etc. I'm not saying that she will definitely die or not die, but there is still room for interpretation here.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    Is "representation" really that big of an issue when 95% of the humanoid races are entirely fucking fictional?

Also, what is this BS about Azeroth being a place of "love and acceptance"? Last I checked, there's a new war every other year that completely uproots entire civilizations, and you're more worried about getting someone's pronouns right? No wonder people find you completely insufferable
    Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    The problem is the popular trend today is to take existing content and twist it towards current-day social/political narratives that almost certainly had no bearing upon the original content. Basically, they're turning what likely was originally either a mistake, an inconsistency, or an internal joke/running gag into a huge platform that it was never meant to be. Happens quite often in games, where something goes wrong with a mechanic or crafting a story (or even a typo) but ends up staying in because the developers are fond of it on some level. The larger overall problem is that so much focus has been put into inclusion/diversity that when less effort is put into the quality of the content, it makes one wonder if the creators' priorities are in the wrong place. I don't think I'd be the only person to suggest that Blizz currently has a LOT of their priorities in the wrong place.

Anyways, I heavily object to the idea that WoW needs more real-life diversity and representation in the game based upon people needing to see themselves exactly how they are. While that may exist, that's rarely the case. When it comes to character creation, people tend to pick something that's different from themselves. Personally, I tend to make female characters for my game with certain hair/eye colors, hairstyles, etc. that I find appealing and/or match the setting of the game/story... and I'm a guy. I've never once made a character, even the male ones, look or act anything like myself. People who have the need of creating an exact copy of themselves in a game tend to be those that require self-validation in high amounts... not always, but it's pretty common.

People don't play games to immerse themselves in real life social/politic crap that's normally in their lives, they play games to escape it. Same concept can be expanded to TV and movies, as well. In general, you know the writing and crafting of media is going to be terrible when they start introducing current-day real-life social/politic topics... it's basically an updated version of jumping the shark.
    And the usual "no politics in muh game" bs is here as well, how nice. There is no apolitical fiction. Every fiction has poltiics, it's just you want it to be politics that agree with your opinions and preconceptions and not politics that challenge them. It could be argued that a game that has 100% of cis hetero characters is much more political because it pushes an agenda that is disconnected from reality. If you want to "escape" the world where lgbt people exist it is you who has issues with yourself that you should look into, not the game. You like playing as a female character while being a man irl? Cool. What if someone likes to play as a gay character in game while not being gay irl? Not okay anymore?
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Cool. What if someone likes to play as a gay character in game while not being gay irl? Not okay anymore?
    How do you play a gay character in WoW?
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Why do the devs RESENT the playerbase so badly? If they don't, they need to change how they communicate. These controlled interviews need to stop and the devs need to start answering real questions.

I would like to know what they think about the people leaving and why they stopped designing the game for the long time players and handed it over to the E-Sports crowd. I mean, I know it's MONEY, duh, but I want them to admit it. I am bitter that they hacked my games to bits so they could have weekend jerk sessions with headsets and neon lights!

"The team wanted to focus on the quality of this patch and made it to a top priority to release it with the quality players have come to expect from them"

And it is. We expect GARBAGE, and we get it. It's the standard now. Where did the creativity go? These churned out, assembly line, systems expansions are crap. I cannot wait for the next one to see if they triple down on this direction or skid to a stop so fast that they actually cave and add housing. I think it's come down to that for a lot of people. Not "housing" per se, but BEING HEARD. Whether you like the game or not, that's the only reason we type here...
    Last edited by Kiwijello; 2021-06-27 at 09:57 AM.

So the next expansion is going to be a fun filled "systems" romp of collect x amount of y and new features exclusive to said patch. Thus learning nothing of the past 4 expansions and why 3 of them failed. Legion only succeeded because its feature and system was "good".

What a great development. First time I unsubbed in 17 years and looks like I ain't coming back.

Dear blizz, most people are sick of Syvalnus WaifuRunner because she was forced down people's throats and her arc is retarded.

They literally said you will have to wait to see what happens. How does this sound like a confirmation to people like you that she won't die? Because to me it just sounds like they don't want to tell us yet. "What's next for her after X" does not imply she isn't dead, or imprisoned in some way, etc. I'm not saying that she will definitely die or not die, but there is still room for interpretation here.
    I didn't exactly see them teasering what's next for Varian after the Broken Shore, or for Guldan after Nighthold. Or for Garrosh after WoD.

Thinking Sylvanas dies in 9.1 is just wishful thinking at this point.

Her arc should have ended with her suicide at ICC, it was a perfect fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    How do you play a gay character in WoW?
    By playing a Blood Elf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valerossi View Post
    By playing a Blood Elf.
    Every DH are gays then :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwijello View Post
    Why do the devs RESENT the playerbase so badly? If they don't, they need to change how they communicate. These controlled interviews need to stop and the devs need to start answering real questions.

I would like to know what they think about the people leaving and why they stopped designing the game for the long time players and handed it over to the E-Sports crowd. I mean, I know it's MONEY, duh, but I want them to admit it. I am bitter that they hacked my games to bits so they could have weekend jerk sessions with headsets and neon lights!

"The team wanted to focus on the quality of this patch and made it to a top priority to release it with the quality players have come to expect from them"

And it is. We expect GARBAGE, and we get it. It's the standard now. Where did the creativity go? These churned out, assembly line, systems expansions are crap. I cannot wait for the next one to see if they triple down on this direction or skid to a stop so fast that they actually cave and add housing. I think it's come down to that for a lot of people. Not "housing" per se, but BEING HEARD. Whether you like the game or not, that's the only reason we type here...
    Pretty much this. The game is tailored for the Esport scene and streamers that play the game for a living.

Its more focus about making cutting edge, state of the art dungeon/raid fights on mythic level and somewhat try to make a decent pvp scene(they never make it).

We are left with obsene grinds in order to get our characters somewhat competetive and its a grind only the hardcores can be bothered about doing.

I enjoyed leveling up, get my gear and carry on. Now its so much stuff its getting out of hand.

The game doesnt have the mystery around it. The game doesnt have engaging and nice gameplay. Its not fun at all anymore.

The Sylvanas encounter is on a scale that exceeds a vast majority of what has ever been tried in past raids.
    Ohoh, not to sound too pessimistic, but the last time we heard something alike we ended up poking into dragon toes...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Ah, blaming your customers for your incompetency and delusions. Again!

Players called out the egregious problems with the Azerite system months before BFA's release, and then Blizzard had the gall to do a surprised Pikachu face and say that the failure of the Azerite system was unexpected. And with Shadowlands, the playerbase and had been pointing out the egregious problems with Torghat months before release... and lo and behold, the problems weren't addressed and now Blizzard has the gall to say they didn't see it coming.

Blizzard: "we want people to connect with each other and to forge friendships."
    Also Blizzard: splits the playerbase with one way transfers (unless you pay extra to copy your character over).

Who (not counting Danuser) actually wants to see anymore of the gary-stu that is Nathanos?

First of all, this is world of Warcraft, not world of peacecraft. Second, nobody comes to Warcraft wanting to know about the intriacices of dragon sexuality. People come to Warcraft to bash skulls in. The creative team have lost the plot.
    I actually like Nathanos, and I'm glad he isn't forgotten. For your last sentence, I hope you are aware that gender identity has NOTHING to do with sexuality? The first is how people see themselves, the second is what kind of people they wanna have sex with. ...

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Considering if she dies after Shadowlands, "what comes next after Shadowlands" is in fact "nothing..." Why would we have to "wait and see?"

Death is final. Or at least, death in the Shadowlands is final. Unless we're about to get a Shadowshadowlands reveal, where the dead go when they die... But please, spare me the pain of this nonsense.
    That only applies to beings that get tied to the Shadowlands. Sylvanus is technically still part of the mortal realm and I don't think killing her in the Shadowlands will mean erasure.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

7+ Year Old Account
    And the usual "no politics in muh game" bs is here as well, how nice. There is no apolitical fiction. Every fiction has poltiics, it's just you want it to be politics that agree with your opinions and preconceptions and not politics that challenge them.
    Remember, its only political if it involves minorities and women. /s

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Disen View Post
    I didn't exactly see them teasering what's next for Varian after the Broken Shore, or for Guldan after Nighthold. Or for Garrosh after WoD.

Thinking Sylvanas dies in 9.1 is just wishful thinking at this point.

Her arc should have ended with her suicide at ICC, it was a perfect fit.
    Sylvannas can die, but in the process her good soul gets revealed? Also, given she's 'alive' shouldn't her soul just appear given she should go to the shadowlands.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    That only applies to beings that get tied to the Shadowlands. Sylvanus is technically still part of the mortal realm and I don't think killing her in the Shadowlands will mean erasure.
    In fact, it might be the Jailer wants her dead, and her anima is a big burst which allows him to take the Arbiter?
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    What gets me is his "I look forward to people dicussing what is next". Assuming this isnt him just lying to seem like he cares...

Can you really discuss where WoW lore is going? It seems to so HEAVILY rely on unforseen plot twists and sudden reveals that had no build up that I feel like there is very little you can discuss in regards to what's coming.
    That's actually a very good take. Its impossible to predict anything anymore because power levels, allegiencies and motivations seem to shift around all the time and out of nowhere. Past events get either retconned for expanded to fit current lore.
    It is ok if this happens ones, plot twists are good and can be entertaining (even more so if the players realizes he could have seen it coming but didn't), but if its basically the only way of storytelling, it's just too much.

"The team wanted to focus on the quality of this patch and made it to a top priority to release it with the quality players have come to expect from them, even with the few complications caused over the past year."

So they really gave it the ol' Blizzard try this time. Generally with patches, quality is not a top priority apparently.