Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Are we going to ignore that:
    -Garrosh called Sylvanas bitch?
    -Orcs were raping Draenei captive women?
    -Demon Hunters have their eyes burned out?
    -Forsaken were doing experiments on human beings?
    -Thaddius was made as a patchwork from slaughtered women and children?
    -Night Elves in Teldrassil were burned alive?

Lore in wow is already one of the worst in any setting at this point and they somehow keep making it worse.

And the majority of people i know who played this game left because of the lore/story including me.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Lore in wow is already one of the worst in any setting at this point and they somehow keep making it worse.

And the majority of people i know who played this game left because of the lore/story including me.
    a-fucking-men brother.

if only there is some technology where I can remove all my memories of World of Garbage/Retcons franchise as a whole, I would immediately pay for that.
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2021-06-27 at 07:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

Honest question: why in the fucking fuck would a creature who can live far longer than mortals will stick around give 2 flying fucks about living as a female being male???

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    It might not be what you want to see but, well, the game isn't just for edgy 13 year old boys anymore.
    yes, it is for people on twitter who do not play the game.

7+ Year Old Account
    Did you quote me just to talk about your feelings?
    how stating that wow lore revolves around twitter trending is somehow related to my feelings?

the WoW writers the last few expansions are arguably the worst in the MMORPG landscape.

ESO is better, SWTOR has better writing, FF14 better writing... is there a single current mmorpg with worse writing than WoW?

How these jabroni's manage to keep their jobs while being staggeringly awful is beyond me.

Speaking of 13, the game is LITERALLY rated PG 13. If you want mAtUrE narratives there are other games for that.
    The problem of the narratives of both BFA and to a lesser extent Shadowlands aren't (just) that they're juvenile, but that they're juvenile in specific aspects that work counter to their purpose. There's nothing wrong in making a game cheesy, Warcraft has always been a supremely cheesy setting. What's wrong is implementing messages and plot directions you can't pay off due to the core function of the game. Lessons about the futility of violence in a setting where the only means of gameplay interaction is violence is one.

As for social messaging, personally I don't particularly care about the gnome herself, mostly because she totally fails as an analogy to what she's meant to demonstrate, since she can switch back and forth seamlessly at will. If you want a case where pond-deep social signalling actually damages the themes of the story being told Pelagos stands out. The entire gist of the Kyrian is that they involve shedding all mortal attachments and hangups to become what are essentially template forms. Making them able to decide what their sex is on the basis of the unresolved issues a mortal soul brought with them runs counter to that because it explicitly places value on mortality in that one extremely specific situation while dismissing in all other cases.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Because that's what your position is based on.

Your feelings.

There is nothing factual about what you're saying, its all anecdotal and worthless
    says the guy who start with edgy 13 old boys, thats ironic.

Besides, everyone can see wow lore going downhill - something that is not my feeling, but something actual - and only people on twitter are praising it, if you can't see, well, that is your feelings on it.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    says the guy who start with edgy 13 old boys, thats ironic.

Besides, everyone can see wow lore going downhill - something that is not my feeling, but something actual - and only people on twitter are praising it, if you can't see, well, that is your feelings on it.
    While I agree that the lore is going down hill, A drop in lore Quality is Subjective IE feelings based. There's arguments to make in case of Objective quality drop but almost all of that goes to writing structure not the lore in of it self.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Are we going to ignore that:
    -Garrosh called Sylvanas bitch?
    Removed by Danuser

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    I've been holding this torch for Kosak for years. Slowly people are realizing it.

Apologize.
    Im sorry mister kosak

Of all the things you could complain about, this is silly. As someone who doesn't care about the whole "Representation" topic, I'd say there are more blatant examples of bad writing from the recent patch. Like Alleria not being anywhere in the Sylvanas Windrunner raid despite saying that she would be there to see her fall.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

TFW edgy generalization because of some stupid misplaced virtue signals. There’s still plenty of genocide and nasty slaughters, there’s just a bit of well-meaning but mildly irritating attempts at poking at contemporary issues.

Remembering that time when he talked emphatically about how he carelessly tossed in an "Infinite Pirate Dragon," and bragged about it on Twitter for likes because "lol so zany haha how do you do fellow zoomers."

If you would stop being upset over trivial things, life would probably be easier for you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    While I agree that the lore is going down hill, A drop in lore Quality is Subjective IE feelings based. There's arguments to make in case of Objective quality drop but almost all of that goes to writing structure not the lore in of it self.
    Nope that is not subjective, just taking a time and reading you can see fundamental mistakes in the core of wow lore since after mists of pandaria, and things are being done for the sake of plot, like nonsenses, inconsistencies, retcons and other questionable moves for chock value or rule of cool.

You can spend a time reading how they butchered troll lore in bfa to see the problem is also on the lore itself and not just structural writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    If you would stop being upset over trivial things, life would probably be easier for you.
    Great advice, Mr. Guy Who Comes Into A Thread On A Topic He Apparently Doesn't Care About

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Great advice, Mr. Guy Who Comes Into A Thread On A Topic He Apparently Doesn't Care About
    Thank you.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Nope that is not subjective, just taking a time and reading you can see fundamental mistakes in the core of wow lore since after mists of pandaria, and things are being done for the sake of plot, like nonsenses, inconsistencies, retcons and other questionable moves for chock value or rule of cool.

You can spend a time reading how they butchered troll lore in bfa to see the problem is also on the lore itself and not just structural writing.
    warcraft has always had nonsenses, inconsistencies, retcons and other questionable moves for chock value or rule of cool, None of those has dictated a Objective quality of the lore though if they did then the lore would always have been bad.

the difference is that while they are still using retcons or being inconsistence now we would say the way there doing it is worse but that's a Subjective view based on how we personally feel.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well the edgy part is a bit iffy, I'll give you that, but universally more and more girls, women and marginalized people have gotten into gaming in contemporary times, which makes me correct in saying that the target demographic of WoW has changed.
    And just because more and different people are playing i don't see how changing the fundamentals of the game is doing any good, they came to the game because, how it is or how the game would be?

And with the subscription going to the skies i strong disagree with they giving two shits about marginalized people.

Again these are your feelings, your fee-fees, your feewings. There is no "everyone" you can turn to. There is only your opinion and your perceived view of what other people think.
    I think if you say more times, in more childish ways it could be true.

I agree with you though, the story has gone down hill, and the majority of this forum might agree as well but to claim that universally everyone can see that the lore has gone down hill is asinine.
    im sorry, i should have said, everyone with a critical sense could see, that is on me.

You don't know that the game revolves around people on Twitter who don't even play (That was your claim)
    And with how Danouser and others are active on twitter and there is where the rabbit hole goes about those things, especially about the sylvanas's bitch incident, the joke is completely valid, it is funny but i rly don't know how that simple thing hit you in the never so bad
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2021-06-27 at 07:55 PM.