Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Patch 9.1 PTR - Main Campaign Chapter 6 A New Path, Super Squirt Day EU

Patch 9.1 PTR - Main Campaign Chapter 6 A New Path
    Today we are taking a look at chapter 6 of the main campaign in Chains of Domination. *Spoilers Ahead*

• Thenios is now in Korthia discussing what happened to Uther with the Primus. Bolvar has seen a vision of a vault hidden in Torghast where the Jailer keeps valuable souls. Thenios thinks part of Uther's soul might be kept there as souls can be shattered when killed with these blades and enough rage. He wants you to retrieve it so he may help Uther be fully mended.
    • What follows is a story scenario through a new section of Torghast called the Ossuary of the Banished. On floor 3 you kill Keeper Hazaduum and then enter the portal of souls that appears to retrieve the remnant of justice.
    • You then meet Thenios at the Temple of Wisdom is Bastion to find them discussing the matter of not being able to forge a new sigil without a Paragon of Loyalty. Uther says he might be of help with the forsworn forces. You place the remnant in front of him, but an unimplemented scene shows it isn't that simple. His memories have been shattered and twisted, and must be fixed by experiencing his past once again. You must use the soul mirror to aid Uther in reliving his past life.
    • You are then put into a scenario in Stratholme where you play as Uther. You kneel before Archbishop Alonsus Faol as you make your commitment to the three tenets of respect, tenacity, and compassion. By inspecting a grain sack nearby, Uther starts to recall the fateful day with Arthas where he purged Stratholme. You must then slay some of Athas's forces and cleanse grain sacks before Uther realizes these two memories are not one in the same. Adrestes remarks that Uther's grief and regret still haunt him, as does Arthas.
    • Upon leaving, they suggest digging deeper. The next memory shows the day Arthas became a paladin. Arthas is showing signs of doubt in his ability to be a paladin, and you spar with him while Uther laments his past and feels responsible for reassuring Arthas and putting him down the path that eventually caused so many innocents to die.
    • Back outside, Kleia asks Uther if his wound still hurts. He says it might always hurt, and asks your aid in dealing with one more memory.
    • This last memory is of the moment of Uther's death. You must kill some scourge and rescue citizens while Adrestes wonders why this memory is where Uther lingers. Uther says that he did not follow the virtues, especially compassion, and instead faced Arthas as a bitter foe. Adrestes says confronting this memory has taught him more compassion than any scripture could, and Uther laments not trying to save Arthas.
    • Pelagos says that these troubled memories can be forgotten in time, but Uther says that they are reminders of lessons learned and he would never let them go if given the choice. Adrestes takes this to heart, and says to meet him at Elysian Hold to speak with the Archon. Fallen Disciple Nikolon of the forsworn flies in and asks to speak. He says the forsworn never sought war, but says their own brethren cast them out and refused to listen. Adrestes agrees, and apologizes saying that Uther has taught him much this day. Bastion must follow a new path. Kleia suggests they accompany you to the hold to find a way to unite.
    • There is an unimplemented cutscene at the hold, and Adrestes then tells you to meet him at Steward's Rest. to help convince the rest of the forsworn. You complete some tasks here with Uther and Nikolon, and Uther apologizes for leading Nikolon astray. Once everything is completed, you meet Adrestes at the Citadel of Loyalty. He says loyalty should no longer be demanded, but a virtue that is earned.
    • Adrestes wants to use anima to rededicate the temple, but fears a mawswon attack and asks you to protect him. He shouts out that from now on, none shall be forced to sacrifice their memories. It will be a decision respected by all kyrian. You dispatch the mawsworn, and with a new age for Bastion created and the forsworn reunited with the kyrian, are asked to return to Elysian Hold.
    • There, you witness what seems to be Adrestes becoming the new paragon. Kleia asks Uther what happened to Arthas, and he reveals what he and Devos did. Pelagos says that since the Arbiter wasn't able to judge Arthas's soul, he may yet be redeemed. Uther isn't sure, and it isn't his choice to make. Pelagos says now that he has seen the Maw, he is unsure if any soul deserves that torment, but he has learned that all souls must be treated with compassion.

Super Squirt Day (EU)
    Squirt the Wandering Trainer is up today in the Garrison on EU realms! The Pet Battle Bonus Event is also active this week, which means you can level pets very fast. If you have the Safari Hat or a Lesser Pet Treat then you can use the strategy below to level pets from 1 to 25 in just 3 minutes. Alternatively, you can use other setups highlighted on Xu-Fu's Pet Battle Strategies.

For EU realms the next Super Squirt Day will be on October 19, 2021.
    For NA realms the next Super Squirt Day will be on July 12, 2021.

Pets:

Strategy:

since the Arbiter wasn't able to judge Arthas's soul, he may yet be redeemed
    Oh dear gods help us all, we're back to recycling yet another character.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Oh dear gods help us all, we're back to recycling yet another character.
    If Arthas can be redeemed then literally anyone can
    An'u belore delen'na

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Cough View Post
    If Arthas can be redeemed then literally anyone can
    I don't see why this would be shocking. Revendreth seems to be a perfect fit for Arthas in every possible way.
    He had good intentions that was slowly eroded as he accepted more and more vile means of achieving them, with his most heinous acts commited after his soul was possibly tainted or even being mind controlled.

People like kel'thuzad or Sylvanas are just as evil if not more so with none of the justification.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Blizzard writing is amongst the worst in video games at the moment

The entire story of SL is the low point of wows story telling history.

Wod feels like citizen Kane writing wise, compared to SL

Before this expansion is done, we will see Ranger General Sylvanas. The fact that we're confirming that souls killed by Frostmourne can be 'split' means that somewhere out there, part of Sylvanas' soul exists.

If Arthas is redeemed I might just quit WoW. Why can’t we just have well written, evil characters?

Methinks the touching moment of the expansion will be Uther being able to finally help Arthas find redemption.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Methinks the touching moment of the expansion will be Uther being able to finally help Arthas find redemption.
    Not every story needs a neat and happy ending.

The fact they are still reaching back to WC 3 for story instead of creating their own story legacy is just sad.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I love how Uther's memories show burning Stratholme (which he never saw) and Cataclysm Andorhal with modern Forsaken buildings (which he also never saw).

Gotta love a bit of lazy story and asset recycling.

Edit:
    Also I love how they replaced Uther's reassuring words to Arthas with "Let's spar!"

"Lad, no one feels ready. No one feels he deserves it. And you know why? Because no one does. It's grace, pure and simple. We are inherently unworthy, simply because we're human, and all human beings--aye, and elves, and dwarves, and all the other races--are flawed. But the Light loves us anyway. It loves us for what we sometimes can rise to in rare moments. It loves us for what we can do to help others. And it loves us because we can help it share its message by striving daily to be worthy, even though we understand that we can't ever truly become so. So stand there today, as I did, feeling that you can't possibly deserve it or ever be worthy, and know that you're in the same place every single paladin has ever stood."

Guess this doesn't jive as well with the narratives to come.
    Last edited by Nerovar; 2021-05-22 at 03:11 PM.

I agree that redemption would fell bad at this point for Arthas, but still there is a lot of interesting stuff that could be done.

I'm hopeful that Blizzard will take this in a good direction, it's one of their most emblematic characters and they would take a risk to mess it up. (I hope so)

The madmen are actually doing it... lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I don't see why this would be shocking. Revendreth seems to be a perfect fit for Arthas in every possible way.
    He had good intentions that was slowly eroded as he accepted more and more vile means of achieving them, with his most heinous acts commited after his soul was possibly tainted or even being mind controlled.

People like kel'thuzad or Sylvanas are just as evil if not more so with none of the justification.
    He literally forced his men to stay in Northrend with low resources by cutting off their only means of transport/retreat/escape and then had them murder the mercenaries he used to achieve this all before he even touched Frostmourne. There is also some argumentation that can be had on how severe the Culling of Stratholme could be categorised as a heinous act. As for his acts as a Death Knight, there is definitely some degree to which that was on his own onus since he wasn't ordered to return to Lordaeron and take it. He did it of his own volition.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

We all basically saw this coming since the release of the SL cinematic, we just couldn't believe they'd write their mental gymnastics to existence.

I'm done doubting WoW devs. They really went full retard.

Edit:

I don't like the redemption arc in any literature or film. Arthas went genocidal maniac on his people, he wasn't corrupted or anything as far I know. He just felt the solution was to burn it all and in a Thanos-esque manner, it makes sense. It is just bad writing. Develop a new baddie!
    Last edited by Weeps; 2021-05-22 at 03:42 PM.

Let's hope this is a Mid July release...

Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    We all basically saw this coming since the release of the SL cinematic, we just couldn't believe they'd write their mental gymnastics to existence.

I'm done doubting WoW devs. They really went full retard.

Edit:

I don't like the redemption arc in any literature or film. Arthas went genocidal maniac on his people, he wasn't corrupted or anything as far I know. He just felt the solution was to burn it all and in a Thanos-esque manner, it makes sense. It is just bad writing. Develop a new baddie!
    The other solutions were worse. Like super mega awesomely nice hero of the good and the light paragon of vertue who can single handedly says fuck off to an eternal order who did a pretty good job until he went at war with, because he had sad memories while a super evil is going rampage's solution.
    Wich was to say "ok bye" and go whine to his retarded king to get back his titles and undermine Arthas's war effort.
    That awesome piece of trash let a whole city being turned to undead or killed because he prefered to get his titles.

Arthas did nothing wrong.

Also going to revendreth != being instantly redeemed. You suffer and basically get tortured until you atoned for your sins. Pretty fitting for Arthas, who's greatest sin was probably his pride.

People getting mad about a possible Arthas redemption when we knew since WOTLK that a part of him was still good as he kept Jaina's locket and held back the Scourge.

Stay classy WoW ''fans''.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post

Arthas did literally worse actions than Kel'thuzad and Sylvanas combined. He had no justification for any of it. If Arthas is redeemed then basically everyone in the warcraft universe is on the list for redemption. Including fucking Gul'dan.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    He literally forced his men to stay in Northrend with low resources by cutting off their only means of transport/retreat/escape and then had them murder the mercenaries he used to achieve this all before he even touched Frostmourne. There is also some argumentation that can be had on how severe the Culling of Stratholme could be categorised as a heinous act. As for his acts as a Death Knight, there is definitely some degree to which that was on his own onus since he wasn't ordered to return to Lordaeron and take it. He did it of his own volition.
    The point is that he did that with the justification of hunting mal'ganis who was still out there and possibly able to start a new plague of undeath.

It's only after he touches Frostmourne that the completely unjustified acts begin.

Kel'thuzad is by far more evil considering he didn't have any justification for his actions at all except wanting more power.

Much of it falls on whether there was some mind control of sorts after Arthas touched the blade, and even if it wasn't there are still far more evil people on Revendreth given it seems to put everyone on the evil spectrum there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Arthas did literally worse actions than Kel'thuzad and Sylvanas combined. He had no justification for any of it. If Arthas is redeemed then basically everyone in the warcraft universe is on the list for redemption. Including fucking Gul'dan.
    He did more evil acts (without the justification, which is important) only after he touched Frostmourne, which like it or not could give him the out of being mind controlled.
    Sylvanas has none of that so far. At best it is going to say the version we see is the evil one or something.

Also I find it hard to swallow that Sylvanas is less evil when she immolated civilians to fuel the armies of a villain who intends to destroy the universe.
    The world revamp dream will never die!