Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Legion was good imho:
    - Legendaries were a good system even despite the shortcomings that were later fixed. In modern WoW I really badly miss the useful world drops. Leggos felt like world drops. (as you could get them from WQs too)
    - The Suramar storyline was actually fairly cool to play through once. Sadly, this thing turned into the boring cancer that is called War Campaign/Renown now.
    - Artifacts were cool and I liked the artifact AP grind.
    - Withered Army Training was a very fun feature with lots to explore, actually well designed, unlike Torghast.
    - Dungeons were mostly good and M+ was a fresh idea I really liked. I still like the idea, but the forced complexity ruins it now.
    - TF/WF still existed.

Legion's systems were good mostly because they were new. Best example is the timegated storyline that was fun once, but since they turned it into an unskippable and important progression system, it became a soulless boring abomination.
    Last edited by Zka; 2021-06-29 at 09:30 AM.

One simple rule for 15 years of WoW - that's what made it better.

<Insert current thing> is far far worse than <insert past thing>.

Nothing else is involved.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    <Insert current thing> is far far worse than <insert past thing>.
    Nothing else is involved.
    Or maybe they are actually fucking up their game and things are actually getting worse?

I'm having soo much more fun in BC right now, because it's a proper MMO. While I can't spend 5 minutes in retail, because it's an arcade/mobile game now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Legion to me was heavy focused on nostalgia, and rule of cool moments that i don't think lined well with wow overall.

On the lore department the expansion to me was bad, they took a cool enemy and delivered half-asset, with tons of characters and plots left alone to focus on shit ones that they like, some things were done just because they "don't fell like it" or didn't remembered, and to me that is the fault of they focusing too much on "hero characters" and forgetting the races we play in general. so to me while bad, was still way better than bfa and shadowlands for using an already established story.

About the gameplay we actually had stuff to do, so that gain points, but to, for the purpose of you to keep playing and their forgot the quality of it, like, class hall/campaign is cool as fuck, but some of then are just bland or bad, same for the artifacts.

the class design of "class fantasy" was garbage, pvp was awful to me, so it was a huge deal of not playing for a while, raids were better, there was not so many mechanics of shit on the ground for you to get out, so that is one plus
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2021-06-29 at 09:53 AM.

It wasn't better. AP and legendaries dragged it down massively until the last patch, titanforging didn't get fixed until SL. 9.0 was a better first patch than 7.0 and it's not close.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2021-06-29 at 10:00 AM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Going into Legion: we left WoD - An expansion which by the plummet of player numbers that we could see before ActiBlizz removed the option for us to see official numbers: seemed to be the lowest player rate expansion since their game was gaining traction back in Vanilla (I know MoP had a low point but WoD just kept going further down)

So with this, everyone was eager to get away from what had been the over ONE YEAR long farm of 6.2. There was also little to do on the sideline in 6.2 as Challenge Mode dungeons only could give you "so much"

Legion comes and gives us:
    Historical Weapons as our own.
    We squared off against the Legion - The main antagonistic gang of Warcraft lore. The Void Lords might as well be just a conspiracy the Pantheon made up to excuse why they must nuke the world one day given how little attention they have been given in "Direct lore to players"
    We moved away from Garrisons and into class hubs which was a welcome change and the mission board itself was not as bad in Legion as it was in WoD.
    It seemed like there would be some Horde / Alliance conflict which it seems like half the community wants at this point... Like what gives? I see as many "YES FACTION WAR" threads as I see "Let me raid with my Alliance buddies as a Horde" threads.
    Mythic + was a nice change.
    Some of the class reworks was solid.

Yet that's not to say Legion was all sunshine. The initial AP farm and the way the Legendary system worked alone was cause for MUCH conflict and it did not really do us much good to begin with as on top of a massively grindy system that was AP: We watched people being screwed over by PURE RNG on what legendary items they got.
    Emerald Nightmare was completed within 18 hours of it's launch and PvP was... Well I would not say terribly bad off but I don't recall anything praising it either.

What seems to be the fact of the matter is that Legion was simply "better" than what we had at the time. And that just didn't hold up going into BFA.
    Magni and the Azerite neck seemed like a bad joke after the Artifacts.
    There were not as many "Massive" class remakes.
    The AP grind had been done once before now; people did not wish to see it again.
    Sylvanas was was put in the spotlight as the Saturday Morning cartoon villain she always had been since her resurrection into death. It was just "The main focus" now.
    Mythic + had little in terms of changes that was "interesting enough"
    A Faction war turned out to not be as exciting as a Legion invasion.
    And the list goes on.

Now I am NOT saying that these points is something everyone agrees to nor am I saying that "no one" enjoyed BFA as many did; but these were some points that was prominent, the issue many had with BFA was that it had much of what legion had but just "done again" or "done worse" - It was not that "grand leap" we tok from WoD to Legion.

Legion corrected many of it's mistakes as time went by and so did BFA; kinda - And while I wont say that 9.1 will in any way save SL; it looks to if nothing else make some minor corrections; but by the look of sheer feedback alone - Yeah it looks like Legion did better than BFA and SL currently, but I think that's just because Legion had that "more explosive set of changes"

Personally I did enjoy Legion more but that was simply because I was so in love with the artifacts that I didn't care much for anything else as I capped all classes and finished all class hall campaigns.

Sidenote: And now I will patiently wait for Relapses to say something like "Yeah you need to give me links to that feedback bruh or else it holds no ground" *Chuckles* You damn vegetable... So funny.
    The funniest jokes on MMO-Champ in order: (This signature is not calling out anyone in SPECIFIC and is thus not breaking any rules)
    1: All the moderators that does not know how to handle this webpage.
    2: Whoever set up the auto-bot that does not know the rules.
    3: The rules and guidelines themselves.
    Speaking of jokes:https://i.imgur.com/MaBzzAR.png

Anecdotally, but the SWAGGER when Ion came onto the stage in Blizzcon to talk about 7.2 was phenomenal.

As for legion itself, i always thought it was just a solid expansion. I think a lot of its love came from Wod being so heavily despised (outside raid logging).
    Last edited by ippollite; 2021-06-30 at 01:22 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Artifact weapons and their skins, aswell as class mounts and class campaigns. Lots of replayability, made me play all 12 classes. Also it had quite a lot of fanservice, and I like that.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

M+ (new content, actually giving a chance at good rewards via TF)
    Suramar - compare that to maw, lol xD
    Good new content pace.
    Tier sets
    Grind was not endless and it had cool "old talent tree" - no real choice, but it felt good.
    Class Order Halls
    LOTS AND I MEAN LOTS of side stuff
    Artefact Weapon (overlaps with side stuff)
    Story was OK (no tryharding to be "deep")
    Profession Quests
    Mage-Tower
    WQs were fresh and new take. They only made it worse in SL.
    Secrets Finding!

I am sure missing some stuff and while SL has strong raid and dungeon, everything else is very very watered down or poor in quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellus View Post
    Owning prominent weapons from lore was cool
    You're a ret pala aren't you...

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    For me, it was more the ability to explore more places of Azeroth (the same with BFA). Class Halls were great and so were the campaigns except for becoming the highest command or one of them in it.
    It completely blows my mind that Blizzard is doing this more. The vanilla content updated in Cataclysm still holds up today, and then there's seven more expansions worth of content that are all dead and irrelevant.

I realise that converting quests from all these expansions into world quest type content is a mammoth task, but every zone that receives this treatment is turned into evergreen content like Timewalking, reusable every new expansion.

I'm imagining a system where old content is being turned into emissary world quests that contribute to whichever hamsterwheel the current expansion needs players to grind. Because each day has a new emissary, players still end up being directly to one of the three active WQ zones rather than disperse across the entire WoW universe.

I'm ashamed to admit, but I'd be hooked for life.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nothing
    Legion is the worst expansion period
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

Everything.
    SL is the worst expansion period

10+ Year Old Account
    legion wasn't really good (I feel saying otherwise is just cope about the state of wow since a decade) but if there was something good that isn't currently used it's world drop boe with scaling ilvl that can proc
    it made playing everywhere interesting because you could at any time loot something very expensive
    also I feel legion wasn't so deep into overly complex systems with countless currencies to get, countless pointless things to do, it didn't felt as hamster wheely as shadowlands, I mean that for pve only
    pvp was a terrible mess as far as I remember, pvp is actually much better now
    Last edited by Cæli; 2021-06-29 at 11:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Rose tinted googles.

When legion was current it got endless flak just like every other current expan.
    Mostly for little things, like how AP didn't feel good (and still doesn't), and how massive RNG based power from legendary was frustrating if you didn't luck out.

People almost universally loved the class order halls and the questlines around them. Alt engagement was at an all time high. The raids were liked. I feel like Tomb was a bit weak except for KJ, but Antorus, Nighthold and EN was solid raids imo.

Also brought a new class, which people always like, if only to play something new for a bit to reaffirm their love for their current class.

It also had a familiar setting. People know the legion, and always knew it would come to a head, so people weren't quite as disconnected from the lore as they usually are.
    Last edited by Xykotic; 2021-06-29 at 11:27 AM.

Legion was the beginning of the end of WoW for me. I hated BfA and I hate SL even more, but Legion marks a pretty stark turn in how WoW felt. Less rpg, more action spam. Story amped up to nth possible degree with retcons to force in dull and ridiculous new lore. And the beginning of endless systems grind. SL is the same shit, but somehow managed to make the lore even dumber with characters I care even less about.

Surumar was cool...but that was the extent of my enjoyment in Legion.

I would not say it was that much better honestly.
    For me it was almost same as SL.
    Both are pretty bad with a few good things.

The art. The pacing. The new class. The class halls. The weapons, the cosmetics. Tier sets. The superior raids. Better legendarys (not the acquisition of them but their actual raw power). Better story. Connected zones. Tons of new races. The d3 like systems were fresh. M+ was fresh and in its most fun state imo. Etc

Legion was the highest quality expac Blizz has put out since the early days of WoW. It feels like an anomaly stuck between wod-SL. WoD, BfA, and SL are the 3 lowest points in WoW history by large margins… and somehow in between it all, legion sticks out as a top 3 expac muddled with the 3 worst surrounding it

Quote Originally Posted by Xykotic View Post
    Mostly for little things, like how AP didn't feel good (and still doesn't), and how massive RNG based power from legendary was frustrating if you didn't luck out.

People almost universally loved the class order halls and the questlines around them. Alt engagement was at an all time high. The raids were liked. I feel like Tomb was a bit weak except for KJ, but Antorus, Nighthold and EN was solid raids imo.

Also brought a new class, which people always like, if only to play something new for a bit to reaffirm their love for their current class.

It also had a familiar setting. People know the legion, and always knew it would come to a head, so people weren't quite as disconnected from the lore as they usually are.
    Alt engagement was only that "high" because of other problems with legion, mainly having to fish for halfway decent leggos.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazmalak View Post
    Legion was the beginning of the end of WoW for me. I hated BfA and I hate SL even more, but Legion marks a pretty stark turn in how WoW felt. Less rpg, more action spam. Story amped up to nth possible degree with retcons to force in dull and ridiculous new lore. And the beginning of endless systems grind. SL is the same shit, but somehow managed to make the lore even dumber with characters I care even less about.

Surumar was cool...but that was the extent of my enjoyment in Legion.
    This for me as well.