Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I would have liked to try it but i can not get over that weird asian fetish crap lol. It feels so cringe.
    I don't care how good the gameplay is, if i don't like the thematic i can't play it.

I'd like to see -

- A better transmog system like WOW.
    - An engine update that fixes the choppy AA and adds DX12 support.
    - Inventory improvements.
    - A PVP revamp.
    - Housing issues resolved.
    - Global cooldown sped up to 2 sec (from 2.5).
    - Limit break revamp. It's current iteration just isn't interesting.
    - UI refinements. Lot of stuff can be merged and/or improved overall.
    - More hard modes.
    - Healing improved. I just find it a bit clunky compared to WOW.
    - Faster/more ways to level alt jobs.

In no particular ranking order...

1) Beastman daily allowance. Not sure why I'm limited on how many of these I can do a day. Seems like a pointless barrier.

2) Community. The WoW community can be worse in-game, this one is worse overall and few I've talked to disagree. The least welcoming of any MMO I've played (and I've played many).

3) Button bloat. Not a problem for some jobs anymore but it's still an issue for some jobs as a PS5 player. Some jobs, I can map all my abilities and still have a button free for sprint, mount, etc and some jobs I cannot.

4) SB dungeons too linear. ARR dungeons were (IMO) the most well designed. Linear but were not tunnel linear.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the glamour system could be greatly improved if they borrow a bit from WoW. Also the MSQ pacing could be a bit better in relation to the char level I guess? I hit level 80 last night and I'm still in Stormblood - MSQ level 64. The only side-leveling stuff I did was the daily roulette.

Also I don't know if it is just me but the game graphics look good and in the same time they don't... I mean most models look great up close but when viewed from greater distance there is something off I can't really put my finger on. Maybe I am too used to WoW's graphic style. Also the ground generally seems very flat. It could use a bit more detail.
    Last edited by GhostlyBG; 2021-07-01 at 11:34 AM.

FFXIV has a lot of superfluous writing. I feel like they needed an editor to keep interactions with NPCs more succinct. The unnecessary bloat of text detracts from the main story and leads to clicking through dialog. One of the WoW-turned-FFXIV players I watch (whose criticisms are often similar to mine) gets berated in comments for not taking the time to read everything, but I don't think that's realistic especially for former WoW veterans where typically gameplay is paramount to story. You're somewhat deep into the ARR MSQ before figuring out if FFXIV is a game you're even going to stick with yet due to how slowly the jobs evolve. Plus, not being able to see what post content is going to be like without, of course, having gone through the content first.

It is what it is, but I can't say people complaining about the experience don't have some good points. Given that there's NG+, I don't understand what the big deal is about choosing not to get invested in the story before figuring out if the game is ultimately for you. It's my one little nitpick about the community so far.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

The biggest thing ticking me off is lack of sound ques on boss attacks.

It's not need to be huge sound alarm like DBM, but at least in WoW, most bosses say something while starting a mechanic so you don't need to watch boss castbar all the time.

It gets better in later expansions, but it's still mostly for "big end bosses" in story dungeons.

So far:

- No auto dismount in combat
    - No proper startattack macro support (technically it exists but changes target to nearest)
    - player/target frames are not customizable enough, could use a single smaller bar with possiblity to change width, hide mana (or make it smaller and UNDER player hp) etc.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

button bloat for sure.. i just can't set them all up in a comfortable way at max level.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

I like the narrative. The gameplay is either lackluster or convoluted which doesn't hook me for long once i reach endgame but I guess that's ok

Glamor dresser. ESO and WoW and GW2 have a much better storage option than this, why they don't just copy them is beyond me.
    Limited housing will always be a pain point. They have instanced apartments. Just make instance small houses. Use the small home plot make it instanced idk why thats harder than apartments lol.

Quote Originally Posted by rhrrngt View Post
    Glamor dresser. ESO and WoW and GW2 have a much better storage option than this, why they don't just copy them is beyond me.
    They are selling solution in form of retainers for $2/month, so they have no motivation to fix it.
    Limited housing will always be a pain point. They have instanced apartments. Just make instance small houses. Use the small home plot make it instanced idk why thats harder than apartments lol.
    Housing means storing tons of shit in the database. Apartments have much smaller furnishing cap, so they can allow them. If they give everyone small house, that'd mean using six times more space. Depending on how their database works, this might also mean much slower loading.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

I made a thread on things that repel me from what is otherwise a very decent game
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...hlight=plagued
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    button bloat for sure.. i just can't set them all up in a comfortable way at max level.
    I'm not even close to max level and already feeling this. I've been too conditioned over the years between WoW's ability pruning and other MMOs only allowing 5 skills on the hotbar at a time that anything more than that starts to feel overwhelming. I may end up having to set up my controller, I've heard from others that FFXIV is a lot easier to play on one than keyboard & mouse.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I'm not even close to max level and already feeling this. I've been too conditioned over the years between WoW's ability pruning and other MMOs only allowing 5 skills on the hotbar at a time that anything more than that starts to feel overwhelming. I may end up having to set up my controller, I've heard from others that FFXIV is a lot easier to play on one than keyboard & mouse.
    The thing with ability bloat is that it's not universal to all jobs. Something like Monk or Machinist for example have like half the abilities some of the biggest offenders do. I feel those classes are actually too boring to play because there isn't a lot going on.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    I agree. I wish we had two armor inventories, one for stuff you use and one for crap you pick up along the way
    Well you can dump them into your armoire. Or your chocobo saddlebag. Or give them to your retainers. You don't need to keep things in your armory if you don't want to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post

4) SB dungeons too linear. ARR dungeons were (IMO) the most well designed. Linear but were not tunnel linear.
    Blame that one on the western community. The overwhelming majority just used the shortest possible route to the boss instead of exploring, so after a while the devs just threw up their arms in the air and said: We give up.

- - - Updated - - -

Lack of funding. People already asked why the game just doesn't have a glamour log like WoW. The response from Yoshi-P was: Yeah, there are a lot of things I would love to do if I had WoW's funding.

Wether you believe the man is up to you, but that is the official response.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    Since we're seeing a lot of things people aren't enjoying about FFXIV in the thread where people are supposed to express what they enjoy about the game I thought that I'd create a new thread for this purpose.

It doesn't matter if you've played the game for years or never plan to play it ever, feel free to write anything you don't enjoy about it.
    Conveluted rotations.

https://i.imgur.com/mAcvEGg.png for reference

Too many abilties.

Long GCD so it probably takes 1 minute to just go through the rotation.

No alts allowed.

Also the graphics/UI look awful
    Last edited by Nalam the Venom; 2021-07-04 at 08:23 PM.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    No alts allowed.
    I'm curious. What do you mean by this? I myself have several alts.

Why would anyone even want to make alts in FFXIV? And btw you can make them. There's just really not much point, unless you're a masochist.

I do not like
    - Glamour system.
    - Map navigation improves a lot with flying mount, zones feel bigger. Still, I hate too many loading screens.
    - Not being unmounted in combat.

I need to stop being trial to try the retainers, but I read everywhere that retainers are very cool, to win money, get materials, equip them...not only glorified banks...

I do not have problems with the gcd because I started trying a monk, but hahah I need to pay a lot of attention to positions, or using my windows of perfect balance or true north.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post

Blame that one on the western community. The overwhelming majority just used the shortest possible route to the boss instead of exploring, so after a while the devs just threw up their arms in the air and said: We give up.

- - - Updated - - -
    Admittedly I didn't play back then, but anything outside of Japan is 99 percent of the time an afterthought for all types of businesses, I doubt you can fully lay this at the feet of the western audience.