Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by ippollite View Post
    You need to have also finished the sylph quests in the msq. Dunno if that helps, but it might be the roadblock?
    thank you but pretty sure I have considering I'm now lvl 44 through doing MSQ but you might be right in that maybe I missed something.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppen View Post
    currently level 42 archer and have done all the quests below MSQ including https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/w..._That_Got_Away yet I still do not have the option to begin Bard.

Is it because I only have 2 days left of a free trial? This is kinda frustrating because I have googled for answers but can't seem to find what I am looking for
    Free trial is unlimited now? If you don't have any extra quest lined up below your MSQ in the upper left corner and you've done https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/w...lph-management then I can only imagine it's some kind of bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    I'm talking about not being able to launch the game. I don't need a freaking guide to tell me how to double-click on an icon. If I can't even get the game launched, I'm not very enthused about the rest of it.
    Online games have various issues for various reasons with launching or downloading or whatever due to firewall settings and other stuff that interact with the online connection. Knowing how to set-up the game and your system together so they can work together so you can play the game is not a problem only FFXIV has. There are guides for literally every online game out there going over this specific issue.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppen View Post
    thank you but pretty sure I have considering I'm now lvl 44 through doing MSQ but you might be right in that maybe I missed something.
    Check the following just in case
    https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/w..._archer_quests
    https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/w...of_bard_quests
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Something weird is going on here because the person that gives you the quest to begin your Bard is the same NPC that does your other Archer quests in Gridania.

I don't want to say the person is lying but they've now also said they have 2 days left on their free trial, which is unlimited.

So...something is weird here. This is how all the Job quests are, the breadcrumb quest to your new Job quest giver NPC is from the same person who gives you all your other quests.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dlld View Post
    Free trial is unlimited now? If you don't have any extra quest lined up below your MSQ in the upper left corner and you've done https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/w...lph-management then I can only imagine it's some kind of bug.
    There is a 14 day free log in event going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Drindorai View Post
    Something weird is going on here because the person that gives you the quest to begin your Bard is the same NPC that does your other Archer quests in Gridania.

I don't want to say the person is lying but they've now also said they have 2 days left on their free trial, which is unlimited.

So...something is weird here. This is how all the Job quests are, the breadcrumb quest to your new Job quest giver NPC is from the same person who gives you all your other quests.
    Oooh, you might be onto something. Perhaps they started the handover quest (where they introduce you to the new trainer) and then went off and did something else.

The bard trainer is apparently in (south shroud) quarrymill. (21,21). Sorry if thats incorrect, never leveled one.perhaps they forgot they did the intro part and forgot to go meet them at the new location/or the quest was red at the time.
    Last edited by ippollite; 2021-07-28 at 06:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ippollite View Post
    Oooh, you might be onto something. Perhaps they started the handover quest (where they introduce you to the new trainer) and then went off and did something else.

The bard trainer is apparently in (south shroud) quarrymill. (21,21). Sorry if thats incorrect, never leveled one.perhaps they forgot they did the intro part and forgot to go meet them at the new location/or the quest was red at the time.
    Yeah the bard guy is near Quarrymill if I remember right.

being in combat and not having enemies show up on the whatever-it's-called list until I do damage to them

not being able to customize name plates (having them show player level etc)

the party/raid frames are stupid looking. I don't need to see someone else's castbar. Hp/man both look the same color/shape and are weirdly placed in relation to the name.

button bloat

too many pointless mouse clicks (turning in quest items, ui navigation etc)

not being able to change "levels" of map view (mouse wheel for instance)

WHILE MOUNTED CAN'T CAST SPELLS TO DISMOUNT AND INITIATE COMBAT

NO LOW HP WARNING

too many loading screens (not a major issue but still annoying)

no mouseover hover tooltip for npc/player info

no player level indicator in chat (who is talking? level 1 bot or level 80 giga chad?)
    Last edited by Confucius; 2021-07-28 at 12:43 PM.

Advanced job trainers being scattered around the world is annoying. Since I've leveled multiple jobs, I have to keep looking up post-30 where to go when the starter job locations were all in major cities usually next to a named aetherite. My biggest pet peeve are summoner & scholar, which you level together. At least scholar stayed in Limsa, although bizarrely moves to the marauder's guild, but summoner gets moved over to Gridania for some odd reason. I think it and dragoon are the two that are completely relocated from not even being in the same region as their starting cities.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

I played the game for about 6 hours and it was confusing as all hell. I started out in a big city not really knowing what was going on. The quests were pretty generic (kill these, talk to this guy here, etc) and I couldn't really get a grasp on who I was and what I was doing.

I'll probably play more at some point once I get burnt out with WoW. I expect 9.2 won't release for quite a while so once my guild is done with Heroic SoD I'll probably give FFIX another go.

Forced solo content. I'm not against story being soloable, I'm against being forced to solo in a mmo. I play MMO's primarily as a Co-op game with my wife. It's cumbersome going through the msq and having to drop out and in of groups every few quests

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    As the FFXIV subforum has a few threads that repeat the same themes, I've opted to consolidate critical discussion of the game into another thread. This thread will now be closed.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead